Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11576849 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13611) (13612) (13613) (13614) (13615) (13616) (13617) ... (16116) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
damagnificentusb:

A word is enough the wise but even a thousand for the "unwise".
abi patients too much for hospital then? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Added to my earlier comment on FIFA's rating of Current Iwobi in 22/23 EPL season, consider the Erling Haaland case study.

-Haaland was rated 67 in FIFA 19 as a 19 year old.

-In FIFA 20, he got juiced up immediately to a rating of 80.

Do you know what dictated it?
It was his Austrian Bundesliga and UCL form. His first UCL hattrick vs Genk in the 2019/20 UCL group stages on Sept.17, 2019 right before the FIFA 20 official release on Sept.24, 2019.

He went on to have a storming group stage that year before switching to Dortmund in January 2020 and got boosted again by 7 from 80 to 87 for FIFA 21.

Now Iwobi has dropped midfield Masterclass performances back to back since the 22/23 EPL season began. 7 whole rounds played and he's got a POTM nomination to show for it.
He also finished the 21/22 EPL season in very very fine form and as Everton's most vital player. A period after his Afcon flunk which saw him play CM, LM, RM, RB for Lampard and helped Everton escaped relegation.
Truthfully, Iwobi deserved better than 75.

Current form and potential normally always take precedent going into a new FIFA release window and they simply missed it as regards Iwobi.

Halaand's form at the u-20 world cup in 2019 could have also played a part in his FIFA ratings, unless age grade football performance isn't considered..
Also I'm sure he has been scoring well in Austrian budensliga before that UCL hat trick.. Again don't forget that he is a striker... Offensive players are usually the highest ranked players in FIFA.

I'm sure as the season goes by, Iwobi's rating should increase..As long as he maintain his form...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
he was trying to say the last afcon not the qualifiers because Alex was suspended for the Ghana match

We all understand the politics that goes on in the nff so certain players where preferred to Alex and onyedika at the last afcon in order to help them revive their dwindling career as well as attract clubs of their level to snap them up since they were on the verge of been discarded by their clubs then cheesy

Vawulence loading……….

You know too well that Komekn goofed with his statement..He has made several false claims on this thread in the last few days, why didn't you leap to his defence in those ones too?
Because this one concerns Nwakali abi?

At the AFCON, Eguavon played 4-4-2 .. Ndidi and Aribo were the first choice midfielders... Would you have dropped your favorite Aribo for Iwobi? Iwobi was off form around that period,don't forget...He was dropped to the bench and came in the second half..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I have to go back and check the World Cup groups again before I decided to respond to you grin

Where is the lie in what you said ? And yes anything can happen

I am tipping Serbia and Brazil to qualify from that Cameroon group despite me wanting the best for Cameroon .

Yes Netherlands are favorite in group A and host Qatar will do anything to make sure they qualify ,including ojoro ,so senegeal self go face small wahala grin

I am giving Morocco a chance in their group sha ,all because I don’t see Croatia as good as before as you said .

Uruguay squad is so good and composed ,won’t even talk of a star studded Portugal squad ,as much as I want Ghana to go through dem go hear am ,and they are in no way better than South Korea .

It’s really a tough one for all Africans

I would have given Morocco a bigger chance, but they are looking like another Ivory Coast golden generation that won't live up to the hype..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2022
Danielnino00:

I would have given Morocco a bigger chance, but they are looking like another Ivory Coast golden generation that won't live up to the hype..

Another angle ,but let’s see how it goes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
It's time to move on from Ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
Subzero047:
Move on from Ndidi at 25 playing at Epl? Because of some in form Backwater league players?? I’m glad that some of you guys aren’t coaches

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ndidi actually left camp because JP wanted to play him in defense. Ndidi wanted to play in the middle, but JP declined.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
fabyom:
Ndidi actually left camp because JP wanted to play him in defense. Ndidi wanted to play in the middle, but JP declined.

Verified or rumor?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
fabyom:

I saw this although I don't believe it. Ndidi is a professional.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
Subzero047:
Pele o time prefect

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2022
No No No. U-20 WC showings had nothing to do with the ratings. They showed his potential but it is his senior showings that mattered. If they did, Mikel Obi's ratings after the 2005 U20 would have been on the high side for an 18yr old and joining Chelsea should have seen him hit higher marks but nope. Wasn't the case. Taiye Taiwo too? Nope.

And I had already mentioned the fact he was scoring in the Austrian Bundesliga. It is in my post.

Reason why I said "Austrian Bundesliga and UCL form"

But it is the UCL performance that "more than most" convinced all that the kid was another to watch out for hence his ratings boost. His form was genuine and carrying it from Austria into the UCL got the EA sports guys' heads really spinning.

And ofcos purely attack-minded players are more reckoned with than MFs, DFs, and GKs but even Jude Bellingham, a midfielder got juiced up as well when he entered the FIFA game series.

As the season go by, let's hope FIFA does some measure of justice to Iwobi's ratings coz like Calvin Bassey said on Jurien Timber's card during the Ajax FIFA 23 cards unveil....

"FIFA is disrespecting my boy. I need more FIFA"

Danielnino00:

Halaand's form at the u-20 world cup in 2019 could have also played a part in his FIFA ratings, unless age grade football performance isn't considered..
Also I'm sure he has been scoring well in Austrian budensliga before that UCL hat trick.. Again don't forget that he is a striker... Offensive players are usually the highest ranked players in FIFA.

I'm sure as the season goes by, Iwobi's rating should increase..As long as he maintain his form...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2022
fabyom:

WTF??!!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2022
Damagnificentusb, perhaps you didn't understand what that fat fool asked you.

Well, me, I say welcome to TheSupernerd's "100 Alt-Accts club."

Other members in this club:

-Profmathsland
-Maastricht
-JayromWrites
-Meliforme
-Magnoliaa

Who again am I forgetting?

Just get used to it because these names I have called are monikers that have at one point or the other been called "Alt accounts of TheSupernerd".

Revel in this company, my good man because fact is some fat dumb idiot AKA 2K beggarman grin keeps testing his Okokomaiko sherlock Holmes IQ which have proven to be Zero so far. grin

I understand people get so Obsessed about me. I get that a lot really. Hate is a powerful disease that is hard to cure. Lol

So Damagnificentusb... enjoy this new tag. Just smile and ignore. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

WTF??!!! shocked shocked
Senior, abeg do you have any Intel about the Ndidi rumor?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Senior, abeg do you have any Intel about the Ndidi rumor?

Still in shock, Gorilla Man. Still in shock. I can neither confirm nor deny this for now. embarassed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

-Profmathsland
-Maastricht
-JayromWrites
-Meliforme
-Magnoliaa

I understood his question very well. As an ardent follower of this thread i am very much aware of his shenanigans in here. I may not be contributing much to discussions here but i am sure i have i read about 70% of the pages of this thread. I do not have any thing to prove to him. He just a coward!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

-Profmathsland
-Maastricht
-JayromWrites
-Meliforme
-Magnoliaa

Just get used to it because these names I have called are monikers that have at one point or the other been called "Alt accounts of TheSupernerd".

Revel in this company, my good man because fact is some fat dumb idiot AKA 2K beggarman grin keeps testing his Okokomaiko sherlock Holmes IQ which have proven to be Zero so far. grin

I understand people get so Obsessed about me. I get that a lot really. Hate is a powerful disease that is hard to cure. Lol

busted cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2022
Cecco90:

I saw this although I don't believe it. Ndidi is a professional.

While Iwobi on the other hand has played many positions for his club and I doubt he will do what Ndidi did. If the news is actually true. Simon should leave camp because he was asked to play wing back. I like Ndidi too much for this. angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Aba ma ndi aba cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Iwobi is really doing something spectacular
Where's Haaland?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
damagnificentusb:

I understood his question very well. As an ardent follower of this thread i am very much aware of his shenanigans in here. I may not be contributing much to discussions here but i am sure i have i read about 70% of the pages of this thread. I do not have any thing to prove to him. He just a coward!

A fat coward and Certified 2K Beggarman. @Bolded.. Yes, Nothing to prove to fooooolllsss wink

Cheers Man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Where's Haaland?

I no understand them oooo ,Abi dem no want make e Dey win am every month grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ndidi responds to the Folarin Tweet Report: Drama.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Still in shock, Gorilla Man. Still in shock. I can neither confirm nor deny this for now. embarassed
Thanks Fam. The story had better not be true. Meanwhile I call you Fam as you definitely know, we are all related to the Apes. One Love and Jah bless!!
MODIFIED
The horse has opened his mouth and spoken!!!. Daddy Fabyom lets tread carefully with FABrications.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by austineaddy: 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
Anyone with the link to vote Iwobi as player of the month?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Thanks Fam. The story had better not be true. Meanwhile I call you Fam as you definitely know, we are all related to the Apes. One Love and Jah bless!!

No Gorilla Man. I ain't your FAM abeg. No be by force to be Gorilla like you ooo. Abi na me hold gun to your head when you chose the name, Gorilla?? grin

Abeg be proud of your "Unique" Gorilla culture, Gorilla Man. wink

Also, I didn't come from animal evolution theory abeg. I came direct from God's Imagery. That's what My Bible tells me and I am a scientist who knows truth is more powerful than mere knowledge.

Finally, I have posted it before but here is the news of Ndidi's response again below because you're obviously blind to tell the difference between fam and non-fams. I know how difficult it must be for you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

No Gorilla Man. I ain't your FAM abeg. No be by force to be Gorilla like you ooo. Abi na me hold gun to your head when you chose the name, Gorilla?? grin

Abeg be proud of your Gorilla culture, Gorilla Man. wink

And, I have posted it before but here is the news of Ndidi's response again below because you're obviously blind to tell the difference between fam and non-fams. I know how difficult it must be for you. grin

Is Darwin wrong? Australopithecus Africanus, HomoHabilis, Homo Erectus, don't humans and chimps share same ancestors? Anyways no vex Senior say I no see well, i don post before read your comment your excellency sir.
So Fam, One Love, Peace, Jah Bless and please don't bite your patients grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Abeg be proud of your "Unique" Gorilla culture, Gorilla Man. wink

Also, I didn't come from animal evolution theory abeg. I came direct from God's Imagery. That's what My Bible tells me and I am a scientist who knows truth is more powerful than mere knowledge.

Finally, I have posted it before but here is the news of Ndidi's response again below because you're obviously blind to tell the difference between fam and non-fams. I know how difficult it must be for you. grin

Senior Fam, you have said something very powerful and profound now, "truth is more powerful than mere knowledge".
Anyways whether through evolution or going by the bible, we are still Fam!!!!!! grin to them that believeth, he gave them power to become the sons and children of God grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afunleshin26: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2022
From Ndidi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2022
Well, to be honest, as a scientist myself I must say the darwinian theory holds true for "some" humans as they behave like "Animals." Are you one of them? grin

As for me, being a man of both the science and Christian world gives me fine advantages as a scholar and as a man of Faith. So, I know exactly where I come from. And it is certainly not Homo Erectus. wink

Abeg, kill it here. I wish not to digress the thread into science discussions.

AndSunGorilla:

Is Darwin wrong? Australopithecus Africanus, HomoHabilis, Homo Erectus, don't humans and chimps share same ancestors? Anyways no vex Senior say I no see well, i don post before read your comment your excellency sir.
So Fam, One Love, Peace, Jah Bless and please don't bite your patients grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2022
Yes. Truth is more powerful than mere knowledge. wink

And noooooooo... We no be Fam naa!!! Na by force??!!

You wey believe say you come from apes?? Guy ko puo biko!!!

**Literally chases him away from my corner**

AndSunGorilla:

Senior Fam, you have said something very powerful and profound now, "truth is more powerful than mere knowledge".
Anyways whether through evolution or going by the bible, we are still Fam!!!!!! grin to them that believeth, he gave them power to become the sons and children of God grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13611) (13612) (13613) (13614) (13615) (13616) (13617) ... (16116) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, TheSuperNerd(m), jihday(m), forgiveness, Marjoribanks and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.