Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11577477 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13679) (13680) (13681) (13682) (13683) (13684) (13685) ... (16117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:31am On Oct 04, 2022
Sad but True. Honestly my first impression was, ah another unproductive dribble. Ṣé we no bug gbèsè like this. I don't understand why ETH insisted. I cannot find any reason but desperation. ETH is definitely helping Ajax do fundraising. grin
andrewbaba44:

Luckily he scored one ,doesn’t meant his shot was lucky .

Anthony goal was a very sweet one ,said that several times ,we didn’t see him in the game till that goal ,his 2 goals in 2 games will keep the fans satisfied for now .

Once you pass to him ,he will dance and once he sees he can’t beat you he will pass back ,with any given space he will r2 the ball with his left foot,this is what this nigga is repeating and Insha allah grin

I will forgive him for now because he just came and has scored 2 goals in 2 games ,if you look beyond that you might agree with me .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:37am On Oct 04, 2022
Amedino99:
while you can't ignore the possibility that Andrew is trolling you also can't ignore the fact that his performances since his signing has been below par. Even the dribbling he is known for we no see am, his style of shooting is particularly annoying especially during the arsenal match. His shooting was like Playing a cross to ramsdale. Goals have a way of masking the overall performances and since it's early days we can give him a benefit of doubt hopefully he turns good.

Bros I am not trolling

It will be hard for me to win this arguement anywhere self ,once they check Anthony stats and see 2 goals in 2 games they will shut me up .

If Anthony cannot change that Insha allah style of play then he should keep scoring by all means as that will keep the media off him.

And yes he can still improve and there is time for him ,he is still just 20 .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:40am On Oct 04, 2022
benji93:
Sad but True. Honestly my first impression was, ah another unproductive dribble. Ṣé we no bug gbèsè like this. I don't understand why ETH insisted. I cannot find any reason but desperation. ETH is definitely helping Ajax do fundraising. grin

If na by selling of players ajax and Dortmund should be the richest in the world ,I won’t forget about my Barca paid for dembele a 20 year old kid then grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:18am On Oct 04, 2022
Wilfred Ndidi stats against Nottingham forest.

100% accurate long balls (2/2).
93% passing accuracy (13/14).
4 ball interceptions.

It appears Wilfred Ndidi Of KRC Genk is gradually returning.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2022
andrewbaba44:

How can saying how a players perform means I want him to flop ?

I watched the game from the starting to end ,I was finding how Anthony was worth 100 million

Why should I call sancho or rashford ? 2 players that has always been inconsistent ,what else can they offer that you want me to be wasting my time ? I wonder why they gave rashford epl player of the month ahead of Haaland .

Haaland given time to settle when the only game he didn’t scored was the community shield cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nunez cup go soon full ,as for Anthony I said he needs to improve ,the 2 goals he scored will keep you guys blind for now ,he needs to improve from that his makosa and Insha allah style ,he played terrible football against mancity doesn’t make him a flop yet .
So Nunez's cup hasn't full but Antony' has cheesy

I guess EPL are tired of giving Haaland player of the month award. Twas undisputedly for him last month.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2022
hatakekakashi:

So Nunez's cup hasn't full but Antony' has cheesy

I guess EPL are tired of giving Haaland player of the month award. Twas undisputedly for him last month.

Where I take talk say Anthony cup don full ?

My trolling for Nunez go bad ,that’s another 100 million player ,but Liverpool fans go Dey call pep check book coach

Just wait .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2022
hatakekakashi:
Awoniyi can't even loop the ball over the keeper from that position. His technical abilities is very close to zero.

His movement that beats the defender was due to his technical ability.

He even turned the keeper to statu of Liberty with his technique but he was unlucky not to had scored.

The commentators did testified to this.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2022
Meliforme:
Wilfred Ndidi stats against Nottingham forest.

100% accurate long balls (2/2).
93% passing accuracy (13/14).
4 ball interceptions.

It appears Wilfred Ndidi Of KRC Genk is gradually returning.
Returning against Nottingham?and what do you mean by Ndidi of Genk.I just hope to see him doing more and I would be assured that Ndidi is back.

My Oga,hope our guys are not faking their injuries.He was out against Algeria but played well for his club without showing any signs of injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:02am On Oct 04, 2022
forgiveness:

He even turned the keeper to statu of Liberty with his technique but he was unlucky nit to had scored.

I just hope Awoniyi improve and have good season.Yes really surprised at some comments on his technical ability.If he had scored that goal I don't think anyone would be talking about his technicality cos that moment it was his technicality that gave him an edge though he hit the post.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 10:04am On Oct 04, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Where I take talk say Anthony cup don full ?

My trolling for Nunez go bad ,that’s another 100 million player ,but Liverpool fans go Dey call pep check book coach

Just wait .

The liverpool guy Daniel(cant spell is actual moniker) will probably be knocking himself now. i remember vividly how he vehemently opined that nunez would score more goals than halaand this season. Naso some 'mumu' for my area been talk say nunez better pass halaand because him(nunez) score for community shield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Oshoala scored something similar but harder cos she was nearer to the keeper, last week sef.

Agreed, he should had scored but it was technique he used to beat the defender.

Can you please show me the video of the goal Oshoala scored that was something similar?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:12am On Oct 04, 2022
Kog45:
I just hope Awoniyi improve and have good season.Yes really surprised at some comments on his technical ability.If he had scored that goal I don't think anyone would be talking about his technicality cos that moment it was his technicality that gave him an edge though he hit the post.

I thing he needs to be feed with the ball. He has good movement and technique but he has to work on his goal scoring ability.

People wey dey talk technical ability are the ones screaming Haaland.

Which technical ability wey Haaland get?

Make dem define the technical ability before we discuss.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2022
Kog45:
Returning against Nottingham?and what do you mean by Ndidi of Genk.I just hope to see him doing more and I would be assured that Ndidi is back.

My Oga,hope our guys are not faking their injuries.He was out against Algeria but played well for his club without showing any signs of injury.

Ndidi of KRC Genk was known for long balls. he was good with passing. It is worth knowing that his passing abilities was the good reason he was moved from CB to DM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2022
damagnificentusb:

The liverpool guy Daniel(cant spell is actual moniker) will probably be knocking himself now. i remember vividly how he vehemently opined that nunez would score more goals than halaand this season. Naso some 'mumu' for my area been talk say nunez better pass halaand because him(nunez) score for community shield.

Danielnino no be vawulence person if not I for don troll am ,if I remember my guy say make we bet say Nunez go score pass Haaland ,after that community schield wey Haaland miss some crucial goals cheesy

Nunez is a good player and I believe he will come good soon ,but at this point I don’t think he is even a better player than victor osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:56am On Oct 04, 2022
forgiveness:

I thing he needs to be feed with the ball. He has good movement and technique but he has to work on his goal scoring ability.

People wey dey talk technical ability are the ones screaming Haaland.

Which technical ability wey Haaland get?

Make dem define the technical ability before we discuss.

Awoniyi is not doing that badly for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
I hope osimhen becomes benzema replacement at Madrid or Lewandowski replacement at Bayern soon .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Some one scored the best goal of the game but he's terrible, have it your way.

Just like u said Awoniyi technical ability was next to zero after he had the bar, even though he has scored that same exact goal time and time again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Just like u said Awoniyi technical ability was next to zero after he had the bar, even though he has scored that same exact goal time and time again.
He was supposed to be putting that chance away. I was talking about another chance when he shot at the keeper instead of looping the ball over him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2022
forgiveness:

Agreed, he should had scored but it was technique he used to beat the defender.

Can you please show me the video of the goal Oshoala scored that was something similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jXqNNmRnY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
hatakekakashi:

He was supposed to be putting that chance away. I was talking about another chance when he shot at the keeper instead of looping the ball over him.
Good observation but give it to Dennis Bergkamp and Kanu Nwankwo when it comes to real technique in scoring and also Samson Siasia in GWG....even Osimehn can do the same,so pardon my boy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
He is one of the few that has the hunger. What is limiting most of our players is that it doesn’t seem they challenge themselves to be better than yesterday.

Nwakali is a case in point. He is trying to prove a point to his past employer and now we are seeing the beast in him. Really, he should aim for the top and continue to challenge himself.

This is one thing Stephen Keshi understood about our players which is one reason he didn’t believe in picking players solely on the quality of the league they played. He wanted hungry players in the mix.

I think we need to consider top players irrespective of the league they play. No player should think their position is assured by virtue of being a player of certain club. Our pool of players in midfield is not scanty as we think. We need to open it up more to push the links of Bonke and Onyeka to keep fighting or be left behind.

andrewbaba44:
I hope osimhen becomes benzema replacement at Madrid or Lewandowski replacement at Bayern soon .

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
Currently, K.Nwakali is the best in La Liga 2 for accurate passes per game.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
forgiveness:

He even turned the keeper to statu of Liberty with his technique but he was unlucky not to had scored.

Awoniyi na amateur plain and simple stop sugar coating nonsense and below average technical ability

Go back and watch ac Milan 3-1 against empoli, same goal awoniyi missed Raphael leao scored it with ridiculous easy by lobbing the ball over the keeper likes it’s Sunday league

And now you’re telling me a €50k a week player can’t lob ball and making flimsy excuses

Sick demented bleeps like you na go invite musa and etebo come current super eagles team irrespective of the form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
hatakekakashi:
Awoniyi can't even loop the ball over the keeper from that position. His technical abilities is very close to zero.

Currently with awoniyi and Dennis relegation is nothing but confirmed for nothingham

Those guys make Other strikers in the league looks like they got a special training on mars and our boys are left out

Only iwobi is our stand out player in the epl currently the rest has been playing like gods know what
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kog45:
Good observation but give it to Dennis Bergkamp and Kanu Nwankwo when it comes to real technique in scoring and also Samson Siasia in GWG....even Osimehn can do the same,so pardon my boy.
That his club hardly create multiple chances so he should try to be clinical with the little they create. I felt bad about his move from Union, a competitive team playing European competitions to lowly Nottingham.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
the guy suppose dey start for England but southgate prefers mount just because he plays for a bigger club

Nothing like that club status doesn’t guarantee you a start oga England is not Nigeria

Try learn well

Madison is too inconsistent with his hot and cold form just like Bruno Fernandes

Mount is a far better than Maddison when here’s hot

Currently even ward prowse is ahead of the pecking order when compared to Maddison because he had a good game against a doom team last night
Next he’s the new KDB

England squad is out of his depth for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
hatakekakashi:

That his club hardly create multiple chances so he should try to be clinical with the little they create. I felt bad about his move from Union, a competitive team playing European competitions to lowly Nottingham.

When you found out that nothingham tickets are costlier than Ajax and Ajax is costlier than union Berlin

You won’t call any epl team lowly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
Joebie:
He is one of the few that has the hunger. What is limiting most of our players is that it doesn’t seem they challenge themselves to be better than yesterday.

Nwakali is a case in point. He is trying to prove a point to his past employer and now we are seeing the beast in him. Really, he should aim for the top and continue to challenge himself.

This is one thing Stephen Keshi understood about our players which is one reason he didn’t believe in picking players solely on the quality of the league they played. He wanted hungry players in the mix.

I think we need to consider top players irrespective of the league they play. No player should think their position is assured by virtue of being a player of certain club. Our pool of players in midfield is not scanty as we think. We need to open it up more to push the links of Bonke and Onyeka to keep fighting or be left behind.

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

If he has brain cells to go with his immense physical prowess, only Halland will be better than him in the number 9 position in a few years time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Bayern please...I don't want him near Perez.

BTW why not Barcelona?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
typicalgamer:

Nothing like that club status doesn’t guarantee you a start oga England is not Nigeria

Try learn well

Madison is too inconsistent with his hot and cold form just like Bruno Fernandes

Mount is a far better than Maddison when here’s hot

Currently even ward prowse is ahead of the pecking order when compared to Maddison because he had a good game against a doom team last night
Next he’s the new KDB

England squad is out of his depth for now
can’t you make your point without making it sound as if we re quarreling? shocked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2022
typicalgamer:

When you found out that nothingham tickets are costlier than Ajax and Ajax is costlier than union Berlin

You won’t call any epl team lowly
The point I'm trying to make is not about how costly their tickets are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
can’t you make your point without making it sound as if we re quarreling? shocked

I don’t want peace i want problems always grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13679) (13680) (13681) (13682) (13683) (13684) (13685) ... (16117) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Sugarboyy(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Cecco90 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.