Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,169 members, 7,780,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11319908 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14097) (14098) (14099) (14100) (14101) (14102) (14103) ... (16040) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
Watch out for the "Ojo boy" Ibrahim Olawoyin! He just moved to C. Rizespor! Fantastic talent!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2023
komekn:

Your clutching at straws to present a narrative that has no iota of substance, i.e. that has some level of quality.

Villarreal B is essentially the Villarreal U21 youth team, that's what you are anchoring ⚓ your deduction for quality upon. Thats simply delusional.

Villarreal B will not beat any league one team in England and will struggle against all league two teams if they can even beat one.

By comparison analysis, Villa Real B struggled to beat Wolves U21 with a very slim 1-0 win. No EPL U21 team has beaten a Championship team or a League one Team and I don't even recall a league two team.

Wolves U21 were flogged comprehensively by Liverpool FC U21, 5-0. That gives you context about the inherent quality of the Villarreal B team and indeed the lower mud to bottom of the Segundo division.

Nwakali failed at Arsenal and even couldn't get in to the Sporting B team .

Wake up from this obsession with mediocrity that you use to feed your over inflated ego. And look for players who are avtuy performing not wallowing in MEDIOCRITY.

By implication using your very low unit of measurement as the standard for selection to the SE.

All Nigerian origin players doing well in EPL Academies are better than him including 15 year old Nwaneri Arsenal player. In that discussion will be all Nigerian origin players from EPL to League one essentially.

Whats disturbing is no your unrepentant bigoted hypocritical double standard and your quasi tribal discrimination against Nigeria origin players birthed in Europe.

Many have you have lambasted and poured out a continuous stream of vitriolic bitter rhetoric against players I mentioned 4/5 seasons ago. That I felt were good enough then but not anymore as a consequence I haven't talked about some of them for over 4 seasons.

Players such as Tega Onomah, Oviemuno, Onyedinma, Sheyi Ojo, etc but the reality is that these guys are doing way better and are Better Quality than Nwakali by a considerable margin. None of them have had contract terminated prematurely, or had to beg for clubs some even earn 10 times more than Nwakali.

But you are unrestrained in saying they are too poor for the SE ,but Nwakali is too good. The reality is that Nwakali will not smell the bench of their clubs in the here and now.

The rancid stench of your hypocritical double standard bigotry is over powering.

As usual, your most loyal fat-beggar fellow don run like your comment without even reading it all. grin

Exactly how all braindead followers behave. grin Una Prick dey quick stand at the mention of Kelechi Nwakali.

Lol.... addressing all your fallacious takes is a waste of time but for the sake of the readers I will indulge some. Where do I even start?

Let's see... So wait... your problem is that Villarreal B is Villarreal's second team? U21 team you say? A side that fielded 8 players over the age of 21 on matchday. 7 starters and 1 off the bench?? Lol abeg.

And a very technical playing Villarreal B will struggle against the Disgusting Kick and rush teams of EFL League Two?? Are you for real?? Dude, you don't even watch LA LIGA SMARTBANK. The technical quality gap is enormous!!!

You really just talk for the fun of it.

Okay, let us be fair... here is tougher Opposition. grin

Check below for Nwakali's Sofascore ratings against the Top 2 sides in La Liga Smartbank. Eibar and Las Palmas. Two former La Liga teams.

Tell us he shone against them because they also fielded U-10s. grin

Key:
1st pic frame: Nwakali vs Eibar (1st in La Liga Smartbank)

2nd pic frame: Nwakali vs Las Palmas (2nd in La Liga Smartbank)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
komekn:

Your clutching at straws to present a narrative that has no iota of substance, i.e. that has some level of quality.

Villarreal B is essentially the Villarreal U21 youth team, that's what you are anchoring ⚓ your deduction for quality upon. Thats simply delusional.

Villarreal B will not beat any league one team in England and will struggle against all league two teams if they can even beat one.

By comparison analysis, Villa Real B struggled to beat Wolves U21 with a very slim 1-0 win. No EPL U21 team has beaten a Championship team or a League one Team and I don't even recall a league two team.

Wolves U21 were flogged comprehensively by Liverpool FC U21, 5-0. That gives you context about the inherent quality of the Villarreal B team and indeed the lower mud to bottom of the Segundo division.

Nwakali failed at Arsenal and even couldn't get in to the Sporting B team .

Wake up from this obsession with mediocrity that you use to feed your over inflated ego. And look for players who are avtuy performing not wallowing in MEDIOCRITY.

By implication using your very low unit of measurement as the standard for selection to the SE.

All Nigerian origin players doing well in EPL Academies are better than him including 15 year old Nwaneri Arsenal player. In that discussion will be all Nigerian origin players from EPL to League one essentially.

Whats disturbing is no your unrepentant bigoted hypocritical double standard and your quasi tribal discrimination against Nigeria origin players birthed in Europe.

Many have you have lambasted and poured out a continuous stream of vitriolic bitter rhetoric against players I mentioned 4/5 seasons ago. That I felt were good enough then but not anymore as a consequence I haven't talked about some of them for over 4 seasons.

Players such as Tega Onomah, Oviemuno, Onyedinma, Sheyi Ojo, etc but the reality is that these guys are doing way better and are Better Quality than Nwakali by a considerable margin. None of them have had contract terminated prematurely, or had to beg for clubs some even earn 10 times more than Nwakali.

But you are unrestrained in saying they are too poor for the SE ,but Nwakali is too good. The reality is that Nwakali will not smell the bench of their clubs in the here and now.

The rancid stench of your hypocritical double standard bigotry is over powering.

Now to the names you reeled out...

Please is Sheyi Ojo a central midfielder? Ejaria... when was the last time he even played? Haven't seen him in action since November and he hasn't even impressed this season AT ALL. Stats are all there.

Fred Onyedimma. Currently injured and isn't even a central midfielder as well. He's also just been there.

And Josh Onomah?? Seriously?? How many games has this one even played this season? What is his form status? Update the thread kindly.

And 15 y/o Ethan Nwaneri, SERIOUSLY?? Because of a 2 added time mins EPL debut?? We haven't seen the lad in any more EPL games after that naa. Besides, he certainly isn't one who can come in NOW and uplift our Super Eagles Middle game dynamics.

You're only reeling out names but backed up by nothing but a source that says "Trust me bro" and I cannot trust a man who practically half-lies all the time, twist scenarios and contexts and distorts discussion angles for a living.

You always have something to say when all I did was show someone else that I wasn't the only one talking about Nwakali.

Why Nwakali matter still dey bite you for 8 years now even when he is CLEARLY doing well CURRENTLY?

Don't think I am just spitting here, I have backup. Nwakali is in the top 10 highest rated players in La Liga Smartbank after 22 matchdays so far according to Sofascore. CHECK BELOW FOR YOURSELF. Also, some experts of the league including his own coach have tagged him as arguably the best midfielder in the entire 2nd Division of Spain. He is surely one of the best central midfielders in the division according to many who follow the league.

Yet Komekn on Nairaland keeps talking him down.

What a torment it must be having this lad live rent free in your head as your mental landlord. grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2023
Point out the hasty conclusion made, O Lord K of the Boroughs. grin

Too bad, your mega fat-beggar loyalist no like this your comment because him want Osimhen for him club. Ehyeeaaa grin

komekn:

Jumping to hasty conclusions once again.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
That Vitamin must be really "nourishing" for them. grin

TheGoodJoe:

Don't worry yourself. All haters to enjoy their vitamin hate.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
fabyom:
Stop disrespecting Nwakali! Of course, he is not where he supposed to be however there is no doubt that the talent is there. He will definitely move to Laliga this summer just like Sadiq!
no laliga team will come for him. If u wan bet I Dey game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
Una still dey this Nwakali matter for 2023?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy my fat belle wan burst

Wall gecko wan fight with crocodile cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So pple post wey I dey like they bore hole for pple heart? Na now una go see likes run cheesy

Issorite!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

As usual, your most loyal fat-beggar fellow don run like your comment without even reading it all. grin

Exactly how all braindead followers behave. grin Una Prick dey quick stand at the mention of Kelechi Nwakali.

Lol.... addressing all your fallacious takes is a waste of time but for the sake of the readers I will indulge some. Where do I even start?

Let's see... So wait... your problem is that Villarreal B is Villarreal's second team? U21 team you say? A side that fielded 8 players over the age of 21 on matchday. 7 starters and 1 off the bench?? Lol abeg.

And a very technical playing Villarreal B will struggle against the Disgusting Kick and rush teams of EFL League Two?? Are you for real?? Dude, you don't even watch LA LIGA SMARTBANK. The technical quality gap is enormous!!!

You really just talk for the fun of it.

Okay, let us be fair... here is tougher Opposition. grin

Check below for Nwakali's Sofascore ratings against the Top 2 sides in La Liga Smartbank. Eibar and Las Palmas. Two former La Liga teams.

Tell us he shone against them because they also fielded U-10s. grin

Key:
1st pic frame: Nwakali vs Eibar (1st in La Liga Smartbank)

2nd pic frame: Nwakali vs Las Palmas (2nd in La Liga Smartbank)

after seeing you in one of the videos u posted few months ago I regretted stooping too low to engage u

The last I will do this year is belittling myself by piling up pages here exchanging words with u cus you no reach cheesy

No be you wey I don see for video wey resemble Ray Charles distant relative with your fake sunshades and multi colored canvass(cus that one no be sneakers cheesy)abi another person? cheesy

You need the help of a nutritionist badly cus u look sick and malnourished

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Truidstar:
Una still dey this Nwakali matter for 2023?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Oga Charles, truth be told I respect you on this forum. But why would you want to bet against the progress of any man? I don't think you should be doing that. Has Nwakali disappointed, of course he has, is he constantly hyped in here, yes he is. But even with all of that, please don't wish him bad just to prove a point. None of us knows the future. As with all things time will be the judge of Nwakali's future.
Jah bless my good man!!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Oga Charles, truth be told I respect you in this forum. But why would you want to bet the progress of any man? I don't think you should be doing that. Has Nwakali disappointed, of course he has, is he constantly hyped in here, yes he is. But even with all if that, please don't wish him bad just ti prove a point. None of us knows the future. As with all things time will be the judge of Nwakali's future.
Jah bless my good man!!
sorry my brother if my post offends you but am just being factual here rather than living on illusion

Baba it will take a lot to see nwakali mk the move to a bid table laliga team. Even him moving to any club in the Dutch or Belgian league will be huge achievement to me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
sorry my brother if my post offends you but am just being factual here rather than living on illusion

Baba it will take a lot to see nwakali mk the move to a bid table laliga team. Even him moving to any club in the Dutch or Belgian league will be huge achievement to me
U no offend me my oga. You know miracles can and do happen, we never know, right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

U no offend me my oga. You know miracles can and do happen, we never know, right?
well u re right no vex cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
after seeing you in one of the videos u posted few months ago I regretted stooping too low to engage u

The last I will do this year is belittling myself by piling up pages here exchanging words with u cus you no reach cheesy

No be you wey I don see for video wey resemble Ray Charles distant relative abi another person? cheesy

You need the help of a nutritionist badly cus u look sick and malnourished

All lies... Hahahahahaha. An idiot will and can say anything. Your eyes see only what you desperately wanna see as a low life pot-bellied hater.

As always, they recognise themselves. I didn't even say his foul name. Lol

At the mention of Fat-Beggar Fellow, Mumu said "Present Sir" and ran to my mentions. grin grin

A fool recognises even his own foolery anywhere.

Only quoting you back to drink your tears, Fat-Beggar Boy... But not entertaining your customary braindead attention-seeking beyond this. You are an intellectual pauper of the bottom barrel class. You are not on my level in anyway, Fat ranting beggar idiot.

Cry more, Nwakali's tenant Boy... Go skip rope with your tears, Puff Puff lips. cheesy Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

All lies... Hahahahahaha. An idiot will and can say anything. Your eyes see only what you desperately wanna see as a low life pot-bellied hater.

As always, they recognise themselves. I didn't even say his foul name. Lol

At the mention of Fat-Beggar Fellow, Mumu said "Present Sir" and ran to my mentions. grin grin

A fool recognises even his own foolery anywhere.

Only quoting you back to drink your tears, Fat-Beggar Boy... But not entertaining your customary braindead attention-seeking beyond this.

Cry more, Nwakali's tenant Boy... Go skip rope with your tears, Puff Puff lips. cheesy Lol

sickler looking boy cheesy
Go seek for medical help or a nutritionist before person go wake up one day come online here dey hear another story

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I challenge you to show me one source, one source of a player above 19 passing the test. One article.

If not forever keep your lies to yourself. No one is buying cheap lies here.

As usual, he will run and EVADE this, wait for time to pass before bringing it up again for another round of baseless and directionless discussions from his angle.

The same old cycle. Unchangeable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2023

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
The double standards. grin It is his way from his first day.

These are just links and he won't let us hear word. It is good to have our young lads linked to fine teams even if via soft rumors but nothing may even come out of it AND he won't exploit that angle in the name of agenda.

If it were an Indigenous-born lad, like you pointed out, he would sing Agents work as usual. Term it clickbait and a common strategy to gather attention for the player.

Recall how he walked in here back in July/August 2020 saying Onomah's place in the Super Eagles is secure and that he has confirmed and spoken to this and that and viola, here we are today, 2 years plus on and no onomah in the SE plus the fact that the dude has been close to inactive this season. Dormant!

jihday:
if it was a naija born player you’ll say agent work but an innit player you dey write epistle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
Arsenal loans out Miguel Azeez to Wigan Atlethic

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
A piece of advice Sir. Any matter wey you no know the start, no jump headlong, update yourself first before you dive in. cheesy grin. We ask your oga simple academic question, him no fit answer. I fit argue tiki taka with am anyday, but on top this matter you have to show you understand the most important paper FIFA based their decision to adopt the MRI on. If you cannot understand it, you cannot command understanding of any deductions that follow. Tell him to answer our question, then we continue the conversation. cheesy grin.
@MainJoe pls answer the question for the sake of this guy. I challenge you. cheesy grin

Edit: @TheGoodJoe, seems your account is back, troublemaker. cheesy grin
mostob:
I'll be surprised if you have.

Simple question... Can you prove that a 21-year old can pass MRI? Na so so story una dey type everywhere.

Anyway, why have you refused to respond to my question concerning Moffi? Running away with your tail behind your legs already?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
We shall see!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
@Komekn, make I ask the question again? cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
komekn:

His call up will be close to immediate not far away.

Komekn, August 4, 2020... You said this about Onomah. grin

So what's the hold up? How far naa... this is 2023. Abi your definition of "immediate" meant 2 years and counting? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
TFLASHOGEE this is where I miss your comrade vawulence memes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2023
This word you always want to avoid it at all cost. cheesy grin
fabyom:
Stop disrespecting Nwakali! Of course, he is not where he supposed to be however there is no doubt that the talent is there. He will definitely move to Laliga this summer just like Sadiq!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
Joan Felix to Chelsea: Top player coming into a team still lacking an actual playing template.

Chelsea fans not that you should be excited or anything because your team really gotta sort out their playing structure and tactical implementations, but I really think you are getting an Upgrade on Kai Havertz in Joao Felix who's technically superior.

Just my tots from a deeply observed angle as usual.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sebastien Haller returns to action

He played his first mins today since his cancer diagnosis in July last year. Came in for Dortmund on 74mins replacing Moukoko.

He played the final 16mins + added time.

Welcome Back Haller. cool Remarkable Comeback. Truly inspirational.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2023

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Oga Charles, truth be told I respect you on this forum. But why would you want to bet against the progress of any man? I don't think you should be doing that. Has Nwakali disappointed, of course he has, is he constantly hyped in here, yes he is. But even with all of that, please don't wish him bad just to prove a point. None of us knows the future. As with all things time will be the judge of Nwakali's future.
Jah bless my good man!!

I'll never understand why grown up men would constantly cuss at another grown up man who is trying to build himself up because of a few bumpy patches along the way..

This life is unpredictable.. Anything fit happen...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
Young Defensive Sensation, Igoh Ogbu with Slavia Prague in Algarve, Portugal

Prepping up for the 2nd half of the Season which resumes January 28th.

Looks like he would dorn the #5 Jersey at his new Club.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14097) (14098) (14099) (14100) (14101) (14102) (14103) ... (16040) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Odogwujayy, villagereporter(m), onyeomaonyeoma(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.