Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11576900 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14156) (14157) (14158) (14159) (14160) (14161) (14162) ... (16117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
ChrisKels:
Brahim Diaz teams up with the Atlas Lions of Morocco, abandoning his one-time dream of playing for Spain.

What a good world cup outing can do for you

That’s why I will always respect achraf hakimi and ziyech

All good for Morocco ,and you are right about what a good World Cup outing can do

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
komekn:

Why are Italians so crooked and dishonest, is it a legacy of the Cosa nostta( Mafia) that has pervades their society

Last year I was in Italy, Sardinia to be specific got to the airport late 11pm + and the taxi took me on an Israelite journey from the airport to my hotel, I paid €185 it should have not been more than €80.

And throughout my stay I kept getting scammed by Taxi drivers in the end I just rented a car.
They say that Italians are the Nigerians of Europe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2023
jihday:
imagine you in America holidaying then you meet police who decided to arrest you before conducting any investigation just because in the previous month they’ve convicted 10 Nigerians for fraud
directing the example at me doesn't change the fact that even you are wired to draw inferences from trends.

You know from experience that generally mangoes turn red when they are ripe. That's a trend. That's a stereotype. If you are looking for ripe mango will you go for a red one or green one?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
Mujtahida:

directing the example at me doesn't change the fact that even you are wired to draw inferences from trends.

You know from experience that generally mangoes turn red when they are ripe. That's a trend. That's a stereotype. If you are looking for ripe mango will you go for a red one or green one?

Interestingly, we have a few species of mango that remain green even when ripe

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
Danielnino00:

Interestingly, we have a few species of mango that remain green even when ripe
Growing up in Benue state I dare say there's no specie of mango I don't know including the ones that don't turn green. In fact I typed that phenomenon as my last sentence but deleted it.

Well then, the point still remains that generally mangoes turn red or change color when they are ripe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
Abraham Marcus on the bench for Porto.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
Zaidu Sanusi returns from injury. Back in the matchday Squad on the bench in Porto's League Cup Semis vs Académico Viseu.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
Apparently not. Some sites (eg Sofascore) included his name in error. According to Porto's official accounts and a few more, he isn't.

Sofascore has taken out his name just now.

TheLoneCitizen:
Abraham Marcus on the bench for Porto.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bascovanveli... Your work is not going un noticed. You Don drag me entre NPFL.

Remo stars SC seems to have gotten it right.
From organization to security and facilities. I am satisfied with what I saw today.

Kudos to the management of Remo Stars SC.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Towbaba500(m): 10:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
What was the outcome of their match against 3sc.
AIG07:

From organization to security and facilities. I am satisfied with what I saw today.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
Edidiong Ezekiel of NPFL Side, Remo Stars enters the Jacek Scouting radar

Jacek is one of the biggest scouting accounts on twitter so this is something really nice.

Like I have said several times before, Remo Stars have arguably the best and most organised talents structure in the country from the grassroots to the Premier League of the nation. Top notch. It is little wonder several of the finest U19/U18/U17 talents I keep tabs on from the local scene are with Remo Stars' Beyond Limits FA Academy who also play in the Creative Championship (TCC).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
AIG07:

Nice one and lucky u that it was a sweet match

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Jacek is one of the biggest scouting accounts on twitter so this is something really nice.

Like I have said several times before, Remo Stars have arguably the best and most organised talents structure in the country from the grassroots to the Premier League of the nation. Top notch. It is little wonder several of the finest U19/U18/U17 talents I keep tabs on from the local scene are with Remo Stars' Beyond Limits FA Academy who also play in the Creative Championship (TCC).

He came from Dakkada before the season, probably got that from his performance against Costa Rica before the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10pm On Jan 25, 2023
I know he was at Dakkada prior to his move to Remo Stars. That's credit to the Remo Scouting dept. Shows they aren't just looking to their Academy system but also scanning rival teams for some of the finest young talents around.

Point is Remo Stars just seem to be the place to be for some of the best young talents in the country right now.

Their Beyond Limits FA especially is stacked with some of the best U-18/U-19 talents in the country.

BascoVanVeli:

He came from Dakkada before the season, probably got that from his performance against Costa Rica before the world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:11pm On Jan 25, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

I will love them to have a female team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
Lol
typicalgamer:

Danjuma don move they there they dribble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 12:43am On Jan 26, 2023
komekn:

Why are Italians so crooked and dishonest, is it a legacy of the Cosa nostta( Mafia) that has pervades their society

Last year I was in Italy, Sardinia to be specific got to the airport late 11pm + and the taxi took me on an Israelite journey from the airport to my hotel, I paid €185 it should have not been more than €80.

And throughout my stay I kept getting scammed by Taxi drivers in the end I just rented a car.

I lived in Italy for 2 years 2015/16-17 and sure I suffered several issues that would never happen in the UK.

My landlady kept 3 quarters of my deposit cira €2200 because she said they had to repaint the house after I moved out. But, they didn't tell me that beforehand, it was not until I had arrived back in London they mentioned it. They knew I was travelling back home on the same day I was moving out so couldn't do anything about it.

A random man stole my my partners purse in Florence. She sort of figured he had done something because he came too close to her whilst walking past us in the opposite direction and when she checked it was gone. I confronted the man and after some pushing and shoving I got the purse back. Good thing I'm physically bigger than maybe 90% of the population anywhere I go grin

In Naples a taxi driver at the train station covered the taxi meter with his hat and kept it running even before I boarded. By the time I got in the taxi it was already reading over 10 euro and we hadn't even left. As he was helping put stuff in the boot I just thought to lift his hat and that's how I realised. shocked again confronted him and asked to restart the meter or I jump out of his taxi. Simple. The list of atrocities are endless!

Italians are nice people but, if you don't have your wits about you they will soon find out and they will, like Nigerians pounce on you!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:50am On Jan 26, 2023
You are absolutely right!
elyte89:

I am sure it has to do with playing time,no b everybody go b like nacho😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:15am On Jan 26, 2023
Ayoze Perez don japa to Villareal. Dem don swell for that Nacho guy.
fabyom:
Iheanacho needs to move to Italy now! It seems Seria A is good for our boys. Success, Lookman and now Ekong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:20am On Jan 26, 2023
It pains me when supposed educated peeps who should understand better comes to public forum and put out derogatory remarks about the country. I have never seen the Italians put out such! These same people will turn around and blame the govt when they are been harassed at foreign airports. Pathetic!
wayodude:

I lived in Italy for 2 years 2015/16-17 and sure I suffered several issues that would never happen in the UK.

My landlady kept 3 quarters of my deposit cira €2200 because she said they had to repaint the house after I moved out. But, they didn't tell me that beforehand, it was not until I had arrived back in London they mentioned it. They knew I was travelling back home on the same day I was moving out so couldn't do anything about it.

A random man stole my my partners purse in Florence. She sort of figured he had done something because he came too close to her walking past and when she checked it was gone. I confronted the man and after some pushing and shoving I got the purse back. Goo thing I'm physically bigger than maybe 90% of the population anywhere I go grin

In Naples a taxi driver at the train station covered the taxi meter with his hat and kept it running even before I boarded. By the time I got in the taxi it was already reading over 10 euro and we hadn't even left. As he was helping put stuff in the boot I just thought to lift his hat and that's how I realised. shocked again confronted him and asked to restart the meter or I jump out of his taxi. Simple. The list of atrocities are endless!

Italians are nice people but, if you don't have your wits about you they will soon find out and they will, like Nigerians pounce on you!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Donmikell14: 6:28am On Jan 26, 2023
Nice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 6:49am On Jan 26, 2023
💛BVB💛 have signed a Lagos born striker Moses Otuali

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:55am On Jan 26, 2023
it appears Moffi's move to Nice fell through as Nice reportedly offered €10M less than anticipated.

Moffi now has to either move to Marseille (after pissing off their fanbase), or stay in Lorient till the end of the season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:03am On Jan 26, 2023
Towbaba500:
What was the outcome of their match against 3sc.
Remo stars won.

REMO Stars 2 - 0 3SC

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 8:20am On Jan 26, 2023
lovewins:
it appears Moffi's move to Nice fell through as Nice reportedly offered €10M less than anticipated.

Moffi now has to either move to Marseille (after pissing off their fanbase), or stay in Lorient till the end of the season.
Who is his advisor?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:32am On Jan 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
It pains me when supposed educated peeps who should understand better comes to public forum and put out derogatory remarks about the country. I have never seen the Italians put out such! These same people will turn around and blame the govt when they are been harassed at foreign airports. Pathetic!

My comments were statements of facts. First hand experience.

And with the bolded you have answered yourself. You have never seen doesn't mean they don't. Educate yourself bro. I lived there you didn't. I should be telling you what happens there not the other way round.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2023
I saw in a news Owen Goodman of crystal palace didn't join U20 in camp because he was told to pay his own flight but how come we've other 3 Foreign born players in camp

Is it the duty of the national team to pay players flight or he just used us for attention like others after rocking Naija jersey?🤔🤔
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2023
skallion7:
💛BVB💛 have signed a Lagos born striker Moses Otuali

What's Ladan Bosso doing?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2023
skallion7:
I saw in a news Owen Goodman of crystal palace didn't join U20 in camp because he was told to pay his own flight but how come we've other 3 Foreign born players in camp

Is it the duty of the national team to pay players flight or he just used us for attention like others after rocking Naija jersey?🤔🤔

The news is false
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
every country has citizens who complain on social media. Spend some time in the comment section of big italian media outlets and you will see the error of this your statement. When your social media mutuals are mostly nigerians and Africans your page would definitely see little to no outside Africa contents. That's out the algorithm works.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2023
lovewins:

He has greedy morons around him as his minders

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 9:36am On Jan 26, 2023
ChrisKels:

The news is false
I thought that also

(1) (2) (3) ... (14156) (14157) (14158) (14159) (14160) (14161) (14162) ... (16117) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, TheSuperNerd(m), Goke7, Kog45(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.