Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11583002 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14339) (14340) (14341) (14342) (14343) (14344) (14345) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
nairalandankrah:
for Man united and chelsea fans in the house, i need to get your opinion on this......

someone said that Osimhen is the much smarter buy for man united in terms of age profile but in terms of playing profile Kane is much more what United needs as they're currently constructed.

He also said that Osimhen is a super low touch player (striker) who is mainly a box striker, and that even Haaland is involved in play for City more than Osimhen for Napoli.

He said that osi is the kind of player who simply won't touch the ball all game and then head in a goal. He is in the 4th percentile in passes attempted per game despite playing in the most possession-heavy side in Serie A. .

I saw this stupid take on Twitter

And it'sby a white man nonetheless

Why would he agree that Osimhen is better than Kane currently? What do you expect from such racist fans?

Why even take such people seriously

Is it not obvious that osimhen works harder thn any striker in Europe currently

The last goal against torino is a perfect example

Osimhen struggles and wins the duel against a centre back nonetheless and then passes to Kvara who sets up Ndombele for the Goal

If you watch closely the celebration that followed, one of the Napoli players was prasising Osimhen for fighting for that ball

Yeye whites wey no fit mention name of 4 teams outsied EPL na him you wan take seriously?

I saw the take on twitter and I sabi the Idiot wey talk am

Some things na to just read, shake head and pass

Even former world class strikers not fit talk am, na one Obsese white man wey still dey him parents apartment you wan take serious

So analysts in the house,what are your thoughts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
Blueelf:

Very correct analysis

Oil dey your head bro

I advise osimhen to avoid any team with a star player already praised by that team's fans

If Osimhen is smart, he will take his time to seek a club that (not necessarily in England) needs a striker badly

Barca and Bayern won't be bad. Staying another 1 or 2 seasons in Napoli won't be bad either

PSG should be avoided at all cost because there's no way Mbappe will let Osimhen take glory. Same with Real Madrid. No way players like Vinicius would let Osimhen thrive.

Chelsea is not a good destination because that team is unstable tactically and there's no telling what could happen to them next season

Arsenal just saw a recent upturn in form. There's no telling what next season could bring for them. If not, Arsenal would've been the best destination in England

And I am a Liverpool fan by the way before one unintelligent person accuses me of sentiments

Lol. I literally just shared same sentiment now (EPL especially). Victor is a team player and needs a club with great team spirit, or like Wiz puts it "more love less ego". The best team that fits that profile right now is Arsenal.

Man city and PSG is a no no. Madrid could be great, but I sincerely do not fancy the La Liga except in Europe.

Of course the Man U team will be competitive, but I sincerely do not see them as title contenders next season (whether in Europe or EPL) even with Victor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
lovewins:

Lol. I literally just shared same sentiment now (EPL especially). Victor is a team player and needs a club with great team spirit, or like Wiz puts it "more love less ego". The best team that fits that profile right now is Arsenal.

Man city and PSG is a no no. Madrid could be great, but I sincerely do not fancy the La Liga except in Europe.

Of course the Man U team will be competitive, but I sincerely do not see them as title contenders next season (whether in Europe or EPL) even with Victor.

For me in no order:

Bayern
Barcelona
Arsena;
Napoli

These are teams where there are less ego among players

On a second thought, I am not sure if Lewandowski will agree to sit on the bench for Victor

So maybe - Bayern, Arsenal, Napoli(stay)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2023
like Dennis like Gift
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2023
maidaboi:
staying in Napoli with increase wages will be good I think
Napoli will use anything to keep Osimehn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2023
Blueelf:

For me in no order:

Bayern
Barcelona
Arsena;
Napoli

On a second thought, I am not sure if Lewandowski will agree to sit on the bench for Victor

Lewandowski is still doing it so if Bayern bids and Napoli is ready to do biz then he should go to Bayern Munich

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Blueelf:

For me in no order:

Bayern
Barcelona
Arsena;
Napoli

how on earth would lewa sit on the bench for any body. Didn’t you watch the Classico and see his performance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by faste: 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
lovewins:

on point!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
Currently in the whole of EPL, the only team I'll pick ahead of Napoli is City, I don't know why Osihmen is rushing to move. If he's not moving to Bayern or City, then the move is a downgrade. I just wish for Napoli good form not to end.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
hatakekakashi:
Currently in the whole of EPL, the only team I'll pick ahead of Napoli is City, I don't know why Osihmen is rushing to move. If he's not moving to Bayern or City, then the move is a downgrade. I just wish for Napoli good form not to
end.
pls someone close to victor should tell him to pick his options carefully.... he is carrying the hope of over 200 millions Nigerians both home and abroad... honestly i don't mind he remains at Napales at least for one more season or 250 million pounds no more no less.. iheanacho should have left leicester city to continue his development elsewhere the moment he realised he wasnt in brendan r plans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kog45:
Osimhen is likely to leave Napoli this summer if the right offer comes

As it stands now only man united is reported to be very serious in getting him and ready to pay the reported amount wanted by the Naples based club of the Qatari owners takes over

Osimhen also on he’s part hv said that he will wait till summer to knw what’s next for him and by then will make good decision with regards to what will be more favourable to Napoli

I strongly believe he will leave Napoli this coming summer at he’s likely destination will be Manchester United (because he is well thought about and hv kept an eye on he’s progression since last 2 seasons)

Chelsea is also a possibility but I think not playing in the ucl next season will be a huge factor for him to making the move

Arsenal is interested but doubt if they will agree to pay the huge amount Napoli will be demanding. Same goes to Bayern

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2023
Training

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kog45:
Peseiro is not in charge and what a pity footballing nation like Nigeria is rotating coaches for national assignments....It’s well o

Everything na jagajaga for this our country...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
Danielnino00:
Training

aribo and musa have no business in this team

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
Blueelf:

Aribo, I agree.. But Musa still have a right to be called up as long as he is captain..... If he goes back on his word about 2021 AFCON being his last, then he will definitely be at the 2023 edition next year
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kog45:
Victor Osimehn should move to a club that love him most or better still remain in Napoli.

He should observe Bayern and Madrid

Madrid will be replacing benzema soon and Bayern Munich is yet to get lewandowski replacement

I no want any epl thing ,go to Madrid you will don trophies and he might be sure of a ucl there ,or go to Bayern and stat of bundesliga medals grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
According to Tobi Adepoju, Ike Shorunmu clashed with the NFF and Peserio over the invitation of goalkeepers for the game and decided not to partake in it.... His time with the team mighty be over....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2023
nairalandankrah:

pls someone close to victor should tell him to pick his options carefully.... he is carrying the hope of over 200 millions Nigerians both home and abroad... honestly i don't mind he remains at Napales at least for one more season or 250 million pounds no more no less.. iheanacho should have left leicester city to continue his development elsewhere the moment he realised he wasnt in brendan r plans
£250m?you want make he finished his career for Napoli

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Danielnino00:
According to Tobi Adepoju, Ike Shorunmu clashed with the NFF and Peserio over the invitation of goalkeepers for the game and decided not to partake in it.... His time with the team mighty be over....
Finidi George refused to teems up with the team based on non availability of contract paper and Ike Shorunmu had disagreements on players invitations....kai super eagles future is shaking seriously

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
He needs a good national team coach. He can remain in Napoli and let Napoli start stacking up trophies. Nothing wrong with that.

lovewins:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kog45:
Finidi George refused to teems up with the team based on non availability of contract paper and Ike Shorunmu had disagreements on players invitations....kai super eagles future is shaking seriously
Finidi George's lay off is okay. He was not needed.

Like, what sort of fuckery was Assistant Coach and Assistant Coach 1. Finidi was just used to launder money bruh grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
This JP matter go worse pass Rohr. Never fancied that guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
andrewbaba44:

He should observe Bayern and Madrid

Madrid will be replacing benzema soon and Bayern Munich is yet to get lewandowski replacement

I no want any epl thing ,go to Madrid you will don trophies and he might be sure of a ucl there ,or go to Bayern and stat of bundesliga medals grin
Arsenal needs to sign Osimhen. If not then Bayern. Real Madrid will be too much pressure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:05am On Mar 21, 2023
Blueelf:

I saw this stupid take on Twitter

And it'sby a white man nonetheless

Why would he agree that Osimhen is better than Kane currently? What do you expect from such racist fans?

Why even take such people seriously

Is it not obvious that osimhen works harder thn any striker in Europe currently

The last goal against torino is a perfect example

Osimhen struggles and wins the duel against a centre back nonetheless and then passes to Kvara who sets up Ndombele for the Goal

If you watch closely the celebration that followed, one of the Napoli players was prasising Osimhen for fighting for that ball

Yeye whites wey no fit mention name of 4 teams outsied EPL na him you wan take seriously?

I saw the take on twitter and I sabi the Idiot wey talk am

Some things na to just read, shake head and pass

Even former world class strikers not fit talk am, na one Obsese white man wey still dey him parents apartment you wan take serious

So analysts in the house,what are your thoughts
Well written boss!!! Osimehn wey don nearly collapse on top field because of how he overworks himself. He is there defending corners, fighting for lost causes etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:08am On Mar 21, 2023
Kog45:
They may cash out. I think they have two good replacements too. Anyway one of Osibaba or Kvara would likely leave and it just makes economical sense for Napoli to sell them before their contract expires or get older.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:00am On Mar 21, 2023
Oshimen needs to be careful the way he is treating international matches.
Aribo that used to come late when he was in Rangers is now one of those in camp now cos he is no more useful in his club.
The National team is the only place where a player can get sympathy selection when things go sour.
He should respect the National team by making himself available for the doctors here to ascertain his injuries.
Nigerians don't forget your fvck up! He needs to thread carefully.

The NFF needs to up their games and should stop treating these Europeans teams with kid gloves.
The Senegalese federation don't take this type of nonsense from any club.
The NFF must demand respect!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:57am On Mar 21, 2023
Bruno is a very good left back! Just watched some of his games now!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:49am On Mar 21, 2023
Kai! Herve Remard to take over France female national team, and we can’t secure him for Nigeria!?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:51am On Mar 21, 2023
Blueelf:

Yes especially Aribo but to my surprise Peseiro said he picked the best available players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:54am On Mar 21, 2023
Joebie:
Kai! Herve Remard to take over France female national team, and we can’t secure him for Nigeria!?
All these Africa journey foreign coaches are wash abi better coach dey manage female football team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:55am On Mar 21, 2023
Herve is proven in Africa at least. Peseiro

Egbon, no forget Herve have a good account of himself with Saudi Arabia

Kog45:
All these Africa journey foreign coaches are wash abi better coach dey manage female football team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:58am On Mar 21, 2023
Joebie:
This JP matter go worse pass Rohr. Never fancied that guy.
The coach wey dey defend inactive players

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14339) (14340) (14341) (14342) (14343) (14344) (14345) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), Ajd19, Philosopher1979, Samueltemi337(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Lyster360 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.