Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11582547 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4649) (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) (4654) (4655) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2018
JoebieII:
Ehen, you will need to have more knowledge of other tribes to see where I'm coming from. I've not seen that particular name before, but I've seen similar names from the Ijaw tribe.

Okay... I got you... I'm just trying to make it known to you so Far I'm familiar with such name... You get?

We re all learning ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:41am On Sep 03, 2018
andrew444:

How do you know bazee has qualities,from only 11 career games then you just he has qualities ?

Or you are judging with preseason ?

This is not true.

Bazee has played almost 30 games from Bundesliga 2 to the Bundesliga. If not for injury struggles, he would have played more. He is a good player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yoged(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Did Chelsea agree to let him go go free? No way.

Get your facts right.
na free transfer but since he's below 21, Liverpool will pay Chelsea some amount between £3milliom -£4milions. He left Chelsea when his contract expire.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
Revealed : Arnaut Danjuma Slightly Favors Netherlands Over Nigeria

Club brugge winger Arnaut Groeneveld Danjuma has stated he currently has a slight preference for the Dutch national team over the Nigerian

The 21 year old Nigerian born Dutch youth International is eligible for both Nations owing to his dual parentage ( his Mother is Nigerian)

And while the fast rising talent has already turned out for the Dutch u21 team a recent move in which he changed the name on his shirt to reflect his Nigerian name . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/revealed-arnaut-danjuma-slightly-favors-netherlands-nigeria/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
yoged:
na free transfer but since he's below 21, Liverpool will pay Chelsea some amount between £3milliom -£4milions. He left Chelsea when his contract expire.

The bolded is the Koko. There will be payment. That's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
tbaba1234:

This is not true.

Bazee has played almost 30 games from Bundesliga 2 to the Bundesliga. If not for injury struggles, he would have played more. He is a good player.

Bazee played 16 games for Hannover II between 2016 and now and he played 11 games for the first team between 2016 and now so please tell me where did the 30 games come from ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
yoged:

Thank you for reminding him seems he doesn't know the meaning of transfer charges and compensation fee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
forgiveness:

The bolded is the Koko. There will be payment. That's all.

That payment was compensation for training him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

That payment was compensation for training him.

Of course, I know but Liverpool must pay. Chelsea is demanding £10m pounds for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
Rockyrascal:

Club brugge winger Arnaut Groeneveld Danjuma has stated he currently has a slight preference for the Dutch national team over the Nigerian

The 21 year old Nigerian born Dutch youth International is eligible for both Nations owing to his dual parentage ( his Mother is Nigerian)

And while the fast rising talent has already turned out for the Dutch u21 team a recent move in which he changed the name on his shirt to reflect his Nigerian name . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/revealed-arnaut-danjuma-slightly-favors-netherlands-nigeria/

Were u expecting him to say otherwise to a national radio/TV while on national assignment? The most interesting thing is that he leaves his options open and according to him, could be playing for any of the two nations soon. Now, the qstn is "which of the two nations wants him the most?“

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
andrew444:

Bazee played 16 games for Hannover II between 2016 and now and he played 11 games for the first team between 2016 and now so please tell me where did the 30 games come from ?

Almost 30.. That is what i wrote.

He has just been hampered by injury.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
andrew444:

You erred big time when you said he played only 11 career games.

Bazee has played 14 games (plus 1 FA cup game) in Bundesliga 2 and 12 games in the Bundesliga. In total, he has so far played 26 games for Hannover both in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. Na just 4 games remain to complete 30 games.

Besides, he played 16 games in Bundesliga 4 for Hannover 2 after he was rapidly promoted from the U19 league.

In short, he was drafted from Bundesliga 4 straight to Bundesliga to show how good he is but Hannover was relegated that season. That was why he played in the Bundesliga 2 two seasons ago.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
okay thanks.

soetanoreoluwa:

Okay... I got you... I'm just trying to make it known to you so Far I'm familiar with such name... You get?

We re all learning ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
Very good point.. These players have to be careful when making statements. And the type of press can influence what they say. We should be aware of this which is why we need to be tactful. They have two nationalities for God sake. Expecting they should love Nigeria exclusively is not logical. Even MANY Nigerians (with only one nationality) are not necessarily patriotic. Ask Nigerians in a visa interview that they should give up their nationality as a requirement to get a visa to America (for example), they will deny Nigeria instantly. Who don't like opportunities. MANY of these players weigh their chances before pitching tents with one nation.

ChrisKels:

Were u expecting him to say otherwise to a national radio/TV while on national assignment? The most interesting thing is that he leaves his options open and according to him, could be playing for any of the two nations soon. Now, the qstn is "which of the two nations wants him the most?“

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
We need to look at their present continuous performance. One thing we know for sure is both Obi and Onazi have not been particularly impressive lately in the GWG. We cannot be too sure that Billing will do better in the GWG. But does he deserve a look in? Yes. He looks better. We should make a move for him, it could pay off eventually. However, there is still no guarantee.

andrew444:

I will not say much,I have already give my opinion.

At billing age obi was balling at inter Milan even onazi balling at lazio

I will only pick billing because those 2 have not been playing well for the eagles.

But I know Nigerians won't agree with my opinion,once player na oyinbo na automatically good for Nigerians eye.

Anyway at least the Sareen Bazee noise has been slowed down on this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
forgiveness:

Of course, I know but Liverpool must pay. Chelsea is demanding £10m pounds for him.

Chelsea wanted £10m but Liverpool wanted to pay £3m. They settled outside the tribunal for an undisclosed amount.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Chelsea wanted £10m but Liverpool wanted to pay £3m. They settled outside the tribunal for an undisclosed amount.

I am aware. The point is Liverpool paid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
forgiveness:

I am aware. The point is Liverpool paid.

EOD

Matter don finish,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
komekn:

EOD

Matter don finish,

Kpom. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
JoebieII:
We need to look at their present continuous performance. One thing we know for sure is both Obi and Onazi have not been particularly impressive lately in the GWG. We cannot be too sure that Billing will do better in the GWG. But does he deserve a look in? Yes. He looks better. We should make a move for him, it could pay off eventually. However, there is still no guarantee.

Agree with you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
komekn:

EOD

Matter don finish,

U wouldn't say this if it was about Tosin Kehinde, who Feirense also had to pay compensations to Man United to secure his services. U would have looked for a way to show me how crap he was that MAN.U had to leave him go on a free, then, settle for just training compensations. Maybe since ManU also got compensated my Feirense, Tosin aint the crap u made us believe he was just two days ago.

Compensations are what they are, they are definitely not transfer deals. They aint related in any way. Now thats not to under rate Solanke in any way even though he absolutely hasn't done nothing yet, professionally, just like a certain Victor Osimhen. Though while Osimhen's case is injury induced and justifiable, cant make any excuses for Solanke because to me, he ain't ambitious, else he would av left in search of playing opportunities like many Afro-English guys do lately. He should take a clue from a more ambitious Origi, Tammy, Ojo, Osimhen et al because he aint that youth player no more and should stop living on his youth exploits while his mates leave him behind. Dude's career is stalling already hence, whenever his name pops up, ppl make reference to his youth days rather than what he has done professionally. For goodness sake, as a youth, Mbappe, Weah, Rashford, Gray, Sancho et al had nothing on him but, presently, u cant mention him in the same sentence as those guys above.

Youth football is what it is while men football is the koko, and in this men football, Solanke is a NOBODY. EOD, QED!!!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis is the man on fire in Belgium after he was named for the second straight week in the Team of the Week in Belgium.

Dennis scored his second goal in as many weeks for champions Club Brugge to shoot to the top of the standings.

“Dennis was again the whirlwind we saw at the start of last season,” commented Voetbalkrant after his performance in a comfortable 5-2 win at Zulte-Waregem.

Bonaventure Dennis shoots Club Brugge top

The little known Nigeria forward has taken his chances at Club Brugge in the absence of the club’s more established strikers.

Curiously, the youngster continues to be overlooked by Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr despite his claims of having an extensive scouting network across Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoebieII: 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
His time in the GWG will come.

charlesemeka85:
Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis is the man on fire in Belgium after he was named for the second straight week in the Team of the Week in Belgium.

Dennis scored his second goal in as many weeks for champions Club Brugge to shoot to the top of the standings.

“Dennis was again the whirlwind we saw at the start of last season,” commented Voetbalkrant after his performance in a comfortable 5-2 win at Zulte-Waregem.

Bonaventure Dennis shoots Club Brugge top

The little known Nigeria forward has taken his chances at Club Brugge in the absence of the club’s more established strikers.

Curiously, the youngster continues to be overlooked by Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr despite his claims of having an extensive scouting network across Europe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pls what's the score between Nigeria u17 & Burkina Faso u17?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
KING KONG MY MAN!

Udinese defender William Ekong has revealed he will not be fulfilled till he wins a major trophy with the Super Eagles.

The hard-tackling defender has already won a bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics, but he has maintained he needs to win a major honour with the Eagles.

“It has been amazing to represent Nigeria for some years now, putting on the green-white-green with pride,” he told the NFF official website.

“I am proud of the medal we brought home to Nigeria from the Olympics Football Tournament in Brazil in 2016, but my big aim is to win something with the Super Eagles. I am really looking forward to that

“It was hard for all of us not to make progress from the group stage at the World Cup. But I still look back with pride about the team because our outing in Russia has definitely made us hungrier to qualify for the 2019 AFCON and to go all the way there.”

Nigeria will battle South Africa, Libya and Seychelles for two slots to next year’s AFCON.

Last year, the Eagles fell 2-0 to South Africa, while Libya trounced Seychelles 5-1.

They continue their campaign to qualify for the AFCON on Saturday in Seychelles, before they face Libya in back-to-back games in October.

“It will be a hard job in the next two months and I know the boys and staff are taking these games very serious. But of course, I believe if we perform at our optimum, we will garner the points from the remaining matches and qualify for the final tournament.

“We have demonstrated now that when Nigeria plays at its best there aren’t many teams we have to fear.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
solonnachi:
Pls what's the score between Nigeria u17 & Burkina Faso u17?

Nig 2-2 Burkina Faso 45'

Nigeria came from 2-0 dawn to equalise. We just scored the equaliser few moments ago.

Half time now.

Game was postponed to new kicked-off at 4:30 due to heat waves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Icon4s:

Nig 2-2 Burkina Faso 45'

Nigeria came from 2-0 dawn to equalise. We just scored the equaliser few moments ago.

Half time now.

Game was postponed to new kicked-off at 4:30 due to heat waves
say what!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Farzat: 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
Rockyrascal:

Whether they voiced it out or not, FB will always consider Nigeria a second option. The earlier we learn to respect our players and encourage them when things are not going well the better for their confidence and commitment. Imagine someone comparing Onazi with Billing. What an insult. With the talents we have in this country, all these average FB should go through submitting of application and a process of identifying with Nigeria before they are invited to NT except if d player is in d class of Messi.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
akuko
Farzat:

Whether they voiced it out or not, FB will always consider Nigeria a second option. The earlier we learn to respect our players and encourage them when things are not going well the better for their confidence and commitment. Imagine someone comparing Onazi with Billing. What an insult. With the talents we have in this country, all these average FB should go through submitting of application and a process of identifying with Nigeria before they are invited to NT except if d player is in d class of Messi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nice fight back by the under 17.

2:2 at half time

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nigeria's goals by Olakunle Olusegun...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
maidaboi:
say what!

We conceded in the 7th and 8th minutes. They had a shaky start. But rose to the occasion. Olusegun pulled one back in the 14th min and leveled up at the stroke of half time.

2nd half is on the way now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4649) (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) (4654) (4655) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mostob(m), lbrichman2, Kog45(m), Taazenga(m), Psittacus(m), foxman04, trilacos and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.