Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11581203 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) (5119) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
And the hell will get him off into the stands, and Nada will happen. The decision still stands

All this omoota mentality y'all bring here is irritating at best

Even if he gets sent to the stands, the authorities would be forced to take notice and investigate his claims. That's how things are done.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
you will pick baxter who from leading the group is now not sure of qualification to a rohr who from behind topped the group and now have qualified for afcon. bros i hail thee! the same libya your baxter couldnt win at home were walloped home and away by the less fancied rohr. the same seychelles baxter couldnt beat away were beaten by rohr and also walloped mercilessly today by the libyans. bros i hail thee again!

Salisu Yusuf will achieve the same Feat with the current Squad. Rohr did nothing extraordinarily. He's tactically inept, just lucky he has a big Pool of Talents at his Disposal now.

Even Komekn and Forgiveness will lead us to AFCON with the Talents we have accross the World at the moment.

By the way, the same Baxter got 4 Points, beat Rohr with 2 un-replied Goals in front of his Employers, Fans away from Home.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
I was expecting Rohr to protest the horrible officiating at the end of the match interview but the old donkey couldn't utter a word. Shameful.

This is slowly becoming a pattern, African sides are robbing us and getting away with it. First it was Algeria being awarded a non existent penalty and being spared a clear red card, now two clear goals discounted against SA. If we continue to tolerate this rubbish it will affect us one day in a crucial match.

Pinnick and Rohr must insist on an investigation into this match. This thing is no longer funny.

What if them Don bribe amajuPinnick join... They sha want SA to qualify... Libya go beat them Las Las

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
The point is in the absence of Mikel you should have a solid alternative to Iwobi regardless. Eze comes to mind. Even Mikel will not give you 100% every matchday. You always need to have a solid replacement in every department. That’s our problem.

Anybody who still defends Rohr is simply blind. At the end of the 1st half I already knew it was not a good day for Iwobi and KC. But Baxter was still the first to make the first sub. What bothers me about this team is that Rohr have kept most of the players together for about 3 years now, but we cannot still string good passes consistently. On the other hand, SA have brought On several new names but you can always count on them to give u a good game regardless of the result.

IMO this team will not win the AFCON.
guy you need to calm down and look at the game dispassionately.

The performance was a professional one. If not for the blunder on the part of the ref/lines and kc totally forgetting the concept of first touch then all this nitpicking would be unnecessary.

We controlled the game for the most part, had more shots on goal, had more clear goal chances, more corners yet you are angry because we didn't play champagne tiki taka as if we have barca/man city level players.

You don't make subs just for the Sake of it we were in control while the South Africans needed the win so logically they made the first change to freshen things up.

Now I'm not saying rohr is the messiah who cannot do any wrong or be criticized but let's all try and give realistic observations not emotional ones just because our team didn't play sexy football beating every opposition with cricket scores. For the records I also think rohr is not the long term solution

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
bros good night. noallow hate cause heart attack for you. make sure you drink enough water before going to bed
Oasis007:

Salisu Yusuf will achieve the same Feat with the current Squad. Rohr did nothing extraordinarily. He's tactically inept, just lucky he has a big Pool of Talents at his Disposal now.

Even Komekn and Forgiveness will lead us to AFCON with the Talents we have accrosed the World at the moment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
edi287:
Didn't watch the game but this was the result I expected.
Let's just thank God we've qualified. Criticizing Rohr is taboo to some so yeah. Rohr will get exposed against the big guns if he doesn't change.

There are no big guns in Africa as far as I am concerned

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
Utonwanne:

Oga what do you mean by opportunist?

So if you are a gambler, you do put money for Nigeria to qualify in a group comprising Croatia and Argentina?

If we were so sure that we stood no chance against them, why then did they waste taxpayers' money to fly the Super Eagles all the way to Russia to get their asses whipped?.

We went there because it was expected that the SE stood a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
you will pick baxter who from leading the group is now not sure of qualification to a rohr who from behind topped the group and now have qualified for afcon. bros i hail thee! the same libya your baxter couldnt win at home were walloped home and away by the less fancied rohr. the same seychelles baxter couldnt beat away were beaten by rohr and also walloped mercilessly today by the libyans. bros i hail thee again!
Mekus I weak walahi

See this kain nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
bros good night. noallow hate cause heart attack for you. make sure you drink enough water before going to bed

grin

I really don't get it why People like you do get emotional on a Faceless Forum so cheaply. What has Heart Attack got to do with the Discourse for God's Sake?!

If you criticize, you are hating. Grow up Man, life ain't gonna end on Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Even if he gets sent to the stands, the authorities would be forced to take notice and investigate his claims. That's how things are done.

Bunkum brother! Bunkum!

What are you hoping to get? a replay?

Ask yourself, would any form of ruckus you are advising yield any fruit? Answer honestly.

Much Ado about nothing! I tire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
raindodger13:
I don't like how Rohr keeps waiting till the last ten mins to put in Success and Onyekuru. We're not even getting enough time to really analyze their play.
Rohr and Wenger have something in common.... Late substitutions!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
andrew444:

Lol chriskels you no go kill me with laugh

Only all this words for rohr?

There is what is called pride bro. I guide mine with my life, hence I never settle for less. One thing I believe in, stay away from a fight that doesnt worth it buh whenever a minor tries to rise above his level in disrespect to his superiors, beat him to stupor to serve as a deterrent to others. We have everything in our Arsenal, why should we be so soft on opponents like SA. No disrespect to SA buh if they had the quality we had, they would mop the floor with us. The had more injury worries and withdrawals, yet they looked more coordinated with their play than us that have had majority of our players playing together for more than 3years now. If we played good football and ended up wt the score he got, I wouldn't mind, buh fvck it, we were damne poor like a cow dung

Rohr is a disgrace. I want him gone for a coach who understands what it means to protect the pride of a nation.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
Rohr fawked up big time today. First with the starting formation. Why change the 4-2-3-1 that got us three consecutive victories leading to this match?. Food for thought.

Second with his shocking inability to read the game as it progresses. Even a layman could see that SA was killing us from the wings. Kalu, apart from the own goal he caused, was out of sorts at RWB. We were struggling to move the ball from defence to attack. The logical thing would've been to switch to a our normal four man back line. But Rohr.....

4-2-3-1 with what midfield exactly??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
This team is not a delight to watch. I was so marveled with our play after the first ten minutes of the game that I had an urge to come here and say this is best I’ve seen the SE okay in a long time, but I didn’t have my phone on me.

There is nothing professional about failing to string good passes from defense to attack. SA don’t have Barca players either. That’s the only criticism I have shared on the team today. And that’s objective. As regards the timing of subs I can’t believe some people can still defend Rohr in this.

Modified
They needed the win most don’t mean we were in control of the game in the run of play.

chrisooblog:

The performance was a professional one. If not for the blunder on the part of the ref/lines and kc totally forgetting the concept of first touch then all this nitpicking would be unnecessary.

We controlled the game for the most part, had more shots on goal, had more clear goal chances, more corners yet you are angry because we didn't play champagne tiki taka as if we have barca/man city level players.

You don't make subs just for the Sake of it we were in control while the South Africans needed the win so logically they made the first change to freshen things up.

Now I'm not saying rohr is the messiah who cannot do any wrong or be criticized but let's all try and give realistic observations not emotional ones just because our team didn't play sexy football beating every opposition with cricket scores. For the records I also think rohr is not the long term solution
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
chrisooblog:

If I never watched the game I would easily fall for the scam I am seeing here

Is it PES we are playing for Pete's sake? 3 months consistently these one get their flow after every match.
I don't know about you but its nauseating
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Oga, you smoke pawpaw leaves? Ogu has been impressive
which rubbish ogu this one dey talk...u no dey watch all him heavy passes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
grin
Oasis007:

grin

I really don't get it why People like you do get emotional on a Faceless Forum so cheaply. What has Heart Attack got to do with the Discourse for God's Sake?!

If you criticize, you are hating. Grow up Man, life ain't gonna end on Nairaland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
Did this pull of talents suddenly appear after two years?We missed this tournament two years ago. When Shuabu Amodu was churning out result with his brand of football, It's criticism like this that caused NFA to stop him from taking us to world cup after qualifying us twice.

Oasis007:

Even Komekn and Forgiveness will lead us to AFCON with the Talents we have accross the World at the moment.

By the way, the same Baxter got 4 Points, beat Rohr with 2 un-replied Goals in front of his Employers, Fans away from Home.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:

Can you compare the quality of players available to Rohr to those available to Baxter?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Once again, I will say it, until we have one alternative that is as good as the main guy in each positions for the SE, we would continue to wail and wail when the main guy is injured or absent.

When last did we have a string of 5 games without the main guy available and we didn't miss the main guy? We always find out that we wouldnt do the "if Mikel was here now, if Ndidi was here,.... Ebuehi wouldnt do what this new guy is doing, etc" if we had good competition!!!

It may not look that necessary, some of us here may quote, but can't we just upgrade from the usual usual and move on from the common common for once?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
kenya and uganda that are on the verge of qualifying i guess their players play for the barca,madrid and bayern of this world
Curtisaxel7:

Can you compare the quality of players available to Rohr to those available to Baxter?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

If we were so sure that we stood no chance against them, why then did they waste taxpayers' money to fly the Super Eagles all the way to Russia to get their asses whipped?.

We went there because it was expected that the SE stood a chance.

Oga no one whip our ass for Russia. We did played some decent football against the two most recent finalists.

We went to Russia because we qualified, that's the primary reason.

We didn't go there to win the cup- no be say it's an abomination to win the cup but we gotta be realistic joor.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
edi287:

4-2-3-1 with what midfield exactly??

Etebo and Ogu/Ajayi as double pivot with Iwobi as AMF in a 4-2-3-1 with Aina at RB would've served up a better game than this filth of a match we played today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The #RSANGA drama..... My take - Part 1

1). Firstly I want to address those always insulting Gernot Rohr to have some dignity and show some respect for the man. He just officially qualified us for our First Afcon in bloody FIVE years!!! The last time we were at the Afcon was in 2013 and Missed out on the last two editions in 2015 and 2017 especially when we had no business missing out. Rohr has brought us back into it despite losing the first game. He lost the first game in the Qualifying series but he have had gone on to top this group and bring us back into the Afcon party. He deserves respect and commendation for that first before the usual knocks on his tactics and some decision makings can kick in again. I also have certain things against Rohr but bottomline... Rohr has delivered on his mandate so far and must be commended. The next focus now shifts to gearing up for an assault on the Afcon title.

2). This is for those who will inevitably (ohhh they already have actually... Surely won't miss such sweet belittling opportunity would they? After all, to some here, it is their Oxygen on this thread... Lol) come here to resume the "Nacho is crap" song.

Now listen, Nacho was having a decent enough game until that moment of absolute nonsense. He was simply supposed to stop the ball and tap in!!!... Come on, it is a bloody tap in!!! Not hard to do now is it? The real Nacho will bury that every day of the week even with his eyes close but today... No f**King way!!! He lost it! He totally bottled it. I mean, what an arrant show of rubbish in that one moment. Something is definitely psychologically wrong with that young man at the moment and he needs a re-touch of the anointing.

Butttttt.... I won't allow that one moment blind me to the other parts of the game where Nacho did show up. It is not as if he was the only one who had such a bad moment... Iwobi too was crap for the later parts but it is because he tried to do so much at the same time with no end product in sight. He tried to press and orchestrate at same time... Which is not possible and he tired out and he started giving away balls in the middle and in certain critical moments. Musa was one of our best today but he too had one or two bad moments but the worst just have to be Nacho's because his was a f**King goalscoring opportunity!!

Anyway, aside that one moment of Lukaku "first touch" syndrome from Nacho,

- Nacho was the one who created the first goal wrongly ruled out for offside. He found Musa, who was actually onside, intelligently before going ahead to convert the return pass. That was a legitimate goal but wrongly cancelled. Game went on...

- Nacho even after that bad first touch moment which is a major taking point, went on to still show flashes of his brilliance with a beautiful side-heeled key pass for Kalu which was a chance that didn't yield fruit in the end.

- Nacho linked up well in the beginning of the game and was having a very decent game on the left side of attack in the final third but the truth is that Iwobi didn't create much either. Musa who is obviously the fastest player in the Super Eagles and one of the fastest of the continent even had to rely on his pace to carve out a few runs and half chances.

In all, Nacho may have had that very silly first lukaku Moment but He is still a quality player with lots to offer. This is definitely a bad psychological episode for the lad and he needs to bounce back soon. I trust he will be back from all these nonsense going on in his head...

In fact, what am I waiting for? That Demon of bad first touch trying to corrupt the talents of Nacho!!! That Evil and vain spirit of Lukaku first touch syndrome... Be gone!!! Just imagine if this was a WC final and that was a final chance for us to win and Nacho's first touch issues resurrected again outta no where? Tufiakwa!!! This syndrome gotta go!!! Kabayakata!!! Huberenambatooombaa!!!! That Demon of the most ludicrous first touch of the Lukaku kind... Lose your grip over Nacho!!! What nonsense!!!

Nacho despite that poor first touch (I wonder why he did not go for an outside left foot control and a swipe shot. Trying to use his right was a very wrong decision.

Apart from that he worked hard and did well.

As for Rohr, he knows how to set up the team for results but I do not see him having the ability to help our team fly. We have a lot of quality players but Rohr's set up is pulling the team down in quality performances.

Good result overall but not impressed at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
People hail Rohr for getting us an Afcon and world cup tickets Lol. Need I remind u that a less fancied coach with a poorer CV, with less talented bunch of players under a harsh environment(less cash), also, got us these tickets, got us to the knockout stage of the world cup, won the Afcon in far away kuviki land? Yet we are here celebrating a mediocre bkus he is foreign. I aint no fan of Keshi buh as bad as he was, he is better than this scam we Parade as a coach.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:

I agree with Oasis007.

South Africa were miles ahead of us in creative and tactical play. I have no doubt if Baxter had the kind of forward players we have at his disposal, they would have caused us problems today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
Bunkum brother! Bunkum!

What are you hoping to get? a replay?

Ask yourself, would any form of ruckus you are advising yield any fruit? Answer honestly.

Much Ado about nothing! I tire

It would, among other things, send a message to other African teams/ match officials that the SE is not a team to be toyed with.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

There is what is called pride bro. I guide mine with my life, hence I never settle for less. One thing I believe in, stay away from a fight that doesnt worth it buh whenever a minor tries to rise above his level in disrespect to his superiors, beat him to stupor to serve as a deterrent to others. We have everything in our Arsenal, why should we be so soft on opponents like SA. No disrespect to SA buh if they had the quality we had, they would mop the floor with us. The had more injury worries and withdrawals, yet they looked more coordinated with their play than us that have had majority of our players playing together for more than 3years now. If we played good football and ended up wt the score he got, I wouldn't mind, buh fvck it, we were damne poor like a cow dung

Rohr is a disgrace. I want him gone for a coach who understands what it means to protect the pride of a nation.

Keep in mind a better coach could have worse results. Football is complex and good results are hard to achieve. So we should appreciate Rohr for that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
grin

grin

It does off me my Brother. Small Criticism, next thing is you are a Hater. And these are People that won't do a Day on FP without bashing Buhari and hailing Atiku - as the coming of Jesus Christ.

Lol!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
Oga, forget patriotism, truth is we don't have quality. Rhor has tried. I don't have tactical knowledge of football so I won't criticism him on that. My issue with him is that he keeps players that are obviously tired on pitch for too long and talking down on not having quality players at the world cup - even though that's the fact.

TheGoodJoe:

Nacho despite that poor first touch (I wonder why he did not go for an outside right foot control and a swipe shot. Trying to use his right was a very wrong decision.

Apart from that he worked hard and did well.

As for Rohr, he knows how to set up the team for results but I do not see him having the ability to help our team fly. We have a lot of quality players but Rohr's set up is pulling the team down in quality performances.

Good result overall but not impressed at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
grin let truth be told. It’s easy to spot those who are truly emotive
ChrisKels:
People hail Rohr for getting us an Afcon and world cup tickets Lol. Need I remind u that a less fancied coach with a poorer CV, with less talented bunch of players under a harsh environment(less cash), also, got us these tickets, got us to the knockout stage of the world cup, won the Afcon in far away kuviki land? Yet we are here celebrating a mediocre bkus he is foreign. I aint no fan of Keshi buh as bad as he was, he is better than this scam we Parade as a coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with Oasis007.

South Africa were miles ahead of us in creative and tactical play. I have no doubt if Baxter had the kind of forward players we have at his disposal, they would have caused us problems today.

grin

Very simple bro. It's not a rocket Science to identify a Tactical Coach when you see one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) (5119) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), LordTheus(m), TheSuperNerd(m), lbrichman2, chrisooblog and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.