Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11324010 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5405) (5406) (5407) (5408) (5409) (5410) (5411) ... (16041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Icon4s:

There was no time Awoniyi and Ajayi were in competition for a place in the U20 attack because they did not play U20 together. That discuss was the U23 Team. You said Awoniyi was Planets ahead of Ajayi. I can decide to go pull it out but I don't have that kind of time.

Talking about Awoniyi balling last year? That is just a failed diversionary tactics. The Awoniyi vs Ajayi discuss was not last year. grin Or was it?

You call me a seasonal hater. Seasonal hater of what?

And to ur sentence in bold I can bet you don't support the league more than I do. wink

Bloody Mary. So you didn't complain every day about Manu not taking your much proven players? You know well that we debated a lot about that.

Yes a seasonal hater. You hide your hate when things are good but can't wait to dust it off when things go south. You heard it here first. We are not having an Awoniyi vs Ajayi debate today but you can't help to throw a shot. Oga I might be young but I'm not dumb. I see through your actions and it doesn't take that much to decode.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Icon4s:

U just picked up one comment from this recent Super Eagles Thread grin. This was a comment I made sometime in 2017 i guess. The Odey discuss was in 2016 when Amuneke was preparing his team for the AYC qualifiers.

This is a very poor work from you. grin Go back to the earlier threads jare. smiley

No be me and you o. I didn't even know Odey before that year. Musa Newman was their main man in their first season. So oga explain yourself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Bloody Mary. So you didn't complain every day about Manu not taking your much proven players? You know well that we debated a lot about that.

Yes a seasonal hater. You hide your hate when things are good but can't wait to dust it off when things go south. You heard it here first. We are not having an Awoniyi vs Ajayi debate today but you can't help to throw a shot. Oga I might be young but I'm not dumb. I see through your actions and it doesn't take that much to decode.

This your diversionary tactics has failed again.

The debate was Awoniyi vs Ajayi and that was at the U23. Was Manu the U23 coach? So why will I be bringing him into this discussion.

Yes I complained about Manu's team selection even though I clearly stated he was better off than Amuneke in that area.
But that is not the issue on ground here.

The point is in a bid to win ur argument of Awoniyi vs Ajayi for the top striker in the U23 team you called the NPFL a "wack" and also said it is like i work for the NPFL which was why I would go that length to Defend Junior Ajayi's status as the top striker for the U23 team.

What is there in you accepting that u called the NPFL a wack? You go miss your night food? grin
Can someone not at a point in time have a change of Orientation about something? Why are u Defending that your comment as if your existence depended on it.

The NPFL is a wack!. Can any thing happen to me as I have said it? grin

Free yourself man. Life no be like that o. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
Enugu up 2-1 against Bantu of Lesotho

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

No be me and you o. I didn't even know Odey before that year. Musa Newman was their main man in their first season. So oga explain yourself

The AYC was in January/ February 2017 right? It therefore means the AYC U20 qualifiers took place in 2016.

Stephen Odey was in MFM then. So which explanation again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
Icon4s:

This your diversionary tactics has failed again.

The debate was Awoniyi vs Ajayi and that was at the U23. Was Manu the U23 coach? So why will I be bringing him into this discussion.

Yes I complained about Manu's team selection even though I clearly stated he was better off than Amuneke in that area.
But that is not the issue on ground here.

The point is in a bid to win ur argument of Awoniyi vs Ajayi for the top striker in the U23 team you called the NPFL a "wack" and also said it is like i work for the NPFL which was why I would go that length to Defend Junior Ajayi's status as the top striker for the U23 team.

What is there in you accepting that u called the NPFL a wack? You go miss your night food? grin
Can someone not at a point in time have a change of Orientation about something? Why are u Defending that your comment as if your existence depended on it.

The NPFL is a wack!. Can any thing happen to me as I have said it? grin

Free yourself man. Life no be like that o. cheesy

No but Manu was the u20 coach at the exact same time. I have proved everything I said but you are only making shock statements that are baseless with no.

By the time the u23 tournament came around the argument was dead because Taiwo lost form. I never bashed the league. I didn't fancy the player that's all.

Because I like the league does not make me have to want all the players in the national team. I am not biased like you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
Icon4s:

The AYC was in January/ February 2017 right? It therefore means the AYC U20 qualifiers took place in 2016.

Stephen Odey was in MFM then. So which explanation again.

So are you telling me that Odey had 2 different break out seasons that brought him national attention? We can only be talking about 2017 if I'm in the picture
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
Coming from a seasonal hater of the Nigerian league:
This was in May 2017

Icon4s:

Wow!

I love this thread!

From this list I would sieve out the following players:
1. Ibrahim Alhassan aka Muazam
2. Ifeanyi Ifeanyi
3. and Etor Daniel

We have seem them and know what they are capable of. Good players but not much expected from them.

4. Obinna Nwobodo we have seen and also believe would be a national asset if he keeps working hard.

The younger ones are where my interest would fall on now. Who ever the next coach of the Flying Eagles would be, these boys deserve a look-in:

5. Nazifi Yahaya: In my opinion next big thing since after Victor Osimhen. He was the leading striker in the ill-fated 2017 U17 team. He jst came back from South Africa where he scored 4 goals in an invitational tourney.

6. Stephen Odey: Hot MFM striker. Already in the CHAN Eagles team. Though not eligible for the next U20 but would still be eligible for the next U23. He should give players like Victor Osimhen, and Orji Okonkwo a run for their money.

7. Elijah Akanni: Never seen him play but my eyes would be on him hence-forth.

8. Otun Fawaz: Seen him a couple of times with the 3SC team. Quite good and comfortable on the ball. Blessed with great skills. I would recommend this guy to the 2019 Flying Eagles coach.

9. Adebayo Waheed: MFM is known for parading youngsters in their squad and this is one of them. Our U20 handlers should be hanging around the MFM team.

10. Alhassan Ibrahim: A younger Alhassan Ibrahim. Never seen him play. But for him to have made the Kano Pillars squad even as a 17yrs old it means he is highly talented. Another player for the next U20 handlers to have a look-in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
Icon4s:
Coming from a seasonal hater of the Nigerian league:

Icon4s:

Wow!

I love this thread!

From this list I would sieve out the following players:
1. Ibrahim Alhassan aka Muazam
2. Ifeanyi Ifeanyi
3. and Etor Daniel

We have seem them and know what they are capable of. Good players but not much expected from them.

4. Obinna Nwobodo we have seen and also believe would be a national asset if he keeps working hard.

The younger ones are where my interest would fall on now. Who ever the next coach of the Flying Eagles would be, these boys deserve a look-in:

5. Nazifi Yahaya: In my opinion next big thing since after Victor Osimhen. He was the leading striker in the ill-fated 2017 U17 team. He jst came back from South Africa where he scored 4 goals in an invitational tourney.

6. Stephen Odey: Hot MFM striker. Already in the CHAN Eagles team. Though not eligible for the next U20 but would still be eligible for the next U23. He should give players like Victor Osimhen, and Orji Okonkwo a run for their money.

7. Elijah Akanni: Never seen him play but my eyes would be on him hence-forth.

8. Otun Fawaz: Seen him a couple of times with the 3SC team. Quite good and comfortable on the ball. Blessed with great skills. I would recommend this guy to the 2019 Flying Eagles coach.

9. Adebayo Waheed: MFM is known for parading youngsters in their squad and this is one of them. Our U20 handlers should be hanging around the MFM team.

10. Alhassan Ibrahim: A younger Alhassan Ibrahim. Never seen him play. But for him to have made the Kano Pillars squad even as a 17yrs old it means he is highly talented. Another player for the next U20 handlers to have a look-in.

CC: Joseph1013, TheGoodJoe, Tbaba1234, safarigirl, TheSuperNerd, Goldfish80, Micahel2, Terzurum5, Chriskel, joebie, Bascovanveli, Humility017, komekn, kog45, forgiveness, jotey.
undecided
You are also a seasonal listener because I was clearly talking about Awoniyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So are you telling me that Odey had 2 different break out seasons that brought him national attention? We can only be talking about 2017 if I'm in the picture

It simply means I knew Stephen Odey before u did which u confirmed to be during or after his break out season. In 2016, during MFM's first season in the NPFL, Odey was not the top NPFL scorer but still banged in so many goals (can't recall how many). He caught my attention as an 18 years old which was why I recommended him to Amuneke. It was a year after that he had his break through season and you and some others started clamoring for his inclusion to the SE of which I opined that he was not yet a SE material.

This is still pointing to the fact that you started the Defense of the NPFL after that Odey SE invitation argument grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

undecided
You are also a seasonal listener because I was clearly talking about Awoniyi.

Ow I see.... and I am also a seasonal hater of Kingsley Sokari aka "Pure Gold". grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

No but Manu was the u20 coach at the exact same time. I have proved everything I said but you are only making shock statements that are baseless with no.

By the time the u23 tournament came around the argument was dead because Taiwo lost form. I never bashed the league. I didn't fancy the player that's all.

Because I like the league does not make me have to want all the players in the national team. I am not biased like you

Taiwo Awoniyi was promoted to the U23 team right after the U20 WC in 2015 right? I remember his first game which was away to Zambia in an all African games qualifier return leg in Lusaka where he scored 2 goals. That was his introduction to the U23 team which was after the U20 WC. So where does Manu come-in in the debate of Awoniyi vs Ajayi.

Oga stop mentioning Manu Garba he was not part of the picture. Stop this your diversionary tactics abeg. It was Siasia's U23 team. And then Awoniyi had not even started professional Football talkless of losing form. At that point in time that we had that debate Awoniyi was just newly being introduced into U23 team.

All in a bid to pull down Junior Ajayi u called the NPFL a Wack and went further to say Ajayi was always missing chances at 3SC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2019
Icon4s:

It simply means I knew Stephen Odey before u did which u confirmed to be during or after his break out season. In 2016, during MFM's first season in the NPFL, Odey was not the top NPFL scorer but still banged in so many goals (can't recall how many). He caught my attention as an 18 years old which was why I recommended him to Amuneke. It was a year after that he had his break through season and you and some others started clamoring for his inclusion to the SE of which I opined that he was not yet a SE material.

This is still pointing to the fact that you started the Defense of the NPFL after that Odey SE invitation argument grin

But you clearly said that I brought the name up in your quote. I don't care who knew who first this is no competition. You are the king of the NPFL happy now? Ever since they brought up the awards you have been on a mission to prove I am not a real NPFL fan but I could care less about that award you can have it if you want. Since you are god tell me why I defended Ighalo, Iwobi, Osimhen, Isaac success, etc?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
This kine argument wey Icon4s and Bascovanveli dey since morning. Nobody fit put mouth grin

This one na two dogs fight o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bascovanveli and Icon4s ...please continue...I'm enjoying the argument..
much better than toilet and airport argument...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
Petrobros:
This kine argument wey Icon4s and Bascovanveli dey since morning. Nobody fit put mouth grin

Abi two elephants grin

Everybody just clear road
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
Who else noticed whoscored.com now covers our NPFL and NNL matches?

#Icon4sBascovanveli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

But you clearly said that I brought the name up in your quote. I don't care who knew who first this is no competition. You are the king of the NPFL happy now? Ever since they brought up the awards you have been on a mission to prove I am not a real NPFL fan but I could care less about that award you can have it if you want. Since you are god tell me why I defended Ighalo, Iwobi, Osimhen, Isaac success, etc?

Me ke? You are the undisputable King of the NPFL o. No one can ever drag that position with you.
I even gave you kudos for Defending the indefendable. I said I cannot do what you are doing. Infact the LMC/NPFL need to give you an award.

My point is it is not everything in the league that is defendable. Criticise them when necessary and hail them when they do well. My criticism of Lobi this morning started this all. And as expected I knew u will come for my head. grin

So Just relax man. No be our papa get those clubs. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
Heartland Owerri winning 0-1 away to Nasarawa United. 90+20 mins played.

Finally FT Nasarawa 0 - 1 Heartland Owerri.

Why play up to 20 minutes added time?? We complain that the teams play horribly away from home but the teams that are finally able to eke out the result are hounded by the referees till they concede a goal. Too bad.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
Danielnino00:

See una face. If na some of una now insults for don dey fly here and there. grin

There are certain people I enjoy arguments with and Bascovanveli is one of them. Because we can stretch our arguments long enough without any insults.

I know he sees me as one that will always oppose his views but sincerely he is one of my favorites here. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Petrobros:

chaiii,
you go fear fear ah tell you,

and icon4s even dey im duty post for church dey argue,
kaiii oga oooooooo..........
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
SlayerForever:
Heartland Owerri winning 0-1 away to Nasarawa United. 90+20 mins played.

Finally FT Nasarawa 0 - 1 Heartland Owerri.

Why play up to 20 minutes added time?? We complain that the teams play horribly away from home but the teams that are finally able to eke out the result are hounded by the referees till they concede a goal. Too bad.

Extra 20mins ke? Anyone with the match report?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Danielnino00:

chaiii walahi..... No bi me talk am oooo grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
Petrobros:

Abeg no let me laugh Jare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Rangers 2- Bantu Utd 1 (Agg 4-2)
Rangers are through to the group stage.
According to Rangers, Aguda is the highest goal scorer in the CAFCC at the moment with five goals to his name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
For the third consecutive match day, an away win has been recorded in the NPFL...

Maybe this abridged league will make things a bit better....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
Icon4s:

See una face. If na some of una now insults for don dey fly here and there. grin

There are certain people I enjoy arguments with and Bascovanveli is one of them. Because we can stretch our arguments long enough without any insults.

I know he sees me as one that will always oppose his views but sincerely he is one of my favorites here. grin

Oga, we know the people who can't argue one page without trading insults or using big big grammar ..

Make una continue..we dy enjoy am grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
ChrisKels:

Oh uv forgotten so soon the argument we had concerning his exploits and his chances with Everton in contrast with Ademola's? Uv forgotten ur words and how u trashed the Belgian league just to bring down his abilities? Never knew u were such an alzheimeric septuagenarian ooo

Chai!

alzheimeric septuagenarian

That was hard bro.

But he sure had it coming.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
DrLikita12:
Rangers 2- Bantu Utd 1 (Agg 4-2)
Rangers are through to the group stage.
According to Rangers, Aguda is the highest goal scorer in the CAFCC at the moment with five goals to his name.

Good one. Ride on Rangers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
ChrisKels:

Oh uv forgotten so soon the argument we had concerning his exploits and his chances with Everton in contrast with Ademola's? Uv forgotten ur words and how u trashed the Belgian league just to bring down his abilities? Never knew u were such an alzheimeric septuagenarian ooo

O boy tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin
Icon4s:

Nigerian teams have mostly been known to always make good their home advantage.

But by and large we hope Wydad would suffer from a terrible away form. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
Komekn I no fit correct u for English o, but I go jump on this misspelling for broken. It’s biko not beeco.

komekn:

Firstly, I never use the diction of believing.

Can you show me just one post where I expressed DISLIKE for Onyekuru please ❓ ❓ ❓ Or you are just an ill mannered juvenile BIG LIAR

It's Sunday tell the truth and let the devil � be ashamed beeco.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5405) (5406) (5407) (5408) (5409) (5410) (5411) ... (16041) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: femicyrus(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.