Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11534573 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5521) (5522) (5523) (5524) (5525) (5526) (5527) ... (16097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
Taliban:

Did you see the game? If you did, how did he play? I had high expectations on him after the olympics. He and even etebo have not really harnessed their God given talents, such good players with a lot of promise, but they eventually at least meet expectations on them soon.

I didnt see the game o bro

Azubuike played 90 minutes and scored i think he should have a good game by that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
SlayerForever:

Human being. cheesy

Yes o, not just human being a sincere one, na only 2 laliga game e don start and he complete 90 minutes today so good for him and i hope he continues so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
Imoh Ezekiel scores a goal against Victor Osimhen's team.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
Dominic Iorfa came off the bench to score today. Komekn where u hide put?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
This is the worst youth team I have ever seen Nigeria Parade. How did Zaruma, Alhassan et al make this team? To me, the only positive is the CB pair of Igoh and Ozornwafor, then, the goalkeeper. Zaruma is the worst of them all, such a palm wine tapper in a Nigerian Jersey? Aigbogun is a very big disgrace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
ChrisKels:
This is the worst youth team I have ever seen Nigeria Parade. How did Zaruma, Alhassan et al make this team? To me, the only positive is the CB pair of Igoh and Ozornwafor, then, the goalkeeper. Zaruma is the worst of them all, such a palm wine tapper in a Nigerian Jersey? Aigbogun is a very big disgrace.

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Imoh Ezekiel scores a goal against Victor Osimhen's team.

They just subbed him out....Osimhen has been silent but effective ...1-1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2019
andrew444:

Lols

Watching this team play is an eyesore. I had to switch to Rayo vs ATM match. None of them has simple/basic football intelligence. Aigbogun should be castrated for picking that road side mechanic of a RB, Zaruma.

Bar the goalkeeping dept and the CB pair of Igoh and Ozornwafor, the whole team needs total over haul

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2019
ChrisKels:

Watching this team play is an eyesore. I had to switch to Rayo vs ATM match. None of them has simple/basic football intelligence. Aigbogun should be castrated for picking that road side mechanic of a RB, Zaruma.

Bar the goalkeeping dept and the CB pair of Igoh and Ozornwafor, the whole team needs total over haul

For you to complain like this the game must have been so annoying ,didn't bother to follow this set of u20 .

Shebi we qualify for u20 World Cup ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2019
gamaliel9:

They just subbed him out....Osimhen has been silent but effective ...1-1

You are so on point. Osimhen assist to win the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
andrew444:

For you to complain like this the game must have been so annoying ,didn't bother to follow this set of u20 .

If these clueless lethargic craps so bereft of encephalons are what we've got for the world cup, then we are doomed.

Nonexistent intelligent interchange of passes upfront. Zero spark. Very predictable attacking moves. Very blunt. Below average footballers. This is totally un - Nigerian. I envisage disgraceful record – scorelines like 1-6, 0-5 losses in Poland, if more than 4 outfield players from this bunch make it to Poland. Already they have set a new record in reverse — the first time Nigeria is not finishing in the top 3 in an Under 20 Afcon tournament.

The less said about the coach, the better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
ChrisKels:

If these clueless lethargic craps so bereft of encephalons are what we've got for the world cup, then we are doomed.

Nonexistent intelligent interchange of passes upfront. Zero spark. Very predictable attacking moves. Very blunt. Below average footballers. This is totally un - Nigerian. I envisage disgraceful record – scorelines like 1-6, 0-5 losses in Poland, if more than 4 outfield players from this bunch make it to Poland. Already they have set a new record in reverse — the first time Nigeria is not finishing in the top 3 in an Under 20 Afcon tournament.

I hope the coach will not take many of those guys to the World Cup so we won't be disgraced
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
CAF has now officially announced that VAR would indeed be used at the AFCON in Egypt.

Good news for players and the fans

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
ChrisKels:

and to think that bunch of this players are OVER AGED speaks volume...

you see bro...what's the essence of fielding the team with overaged players who are barely average.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
Humility017:

and to think that bunch of this players are OVER AGED speaks volume...

you see bro...what's the essence of fielding the team with overaged players who are barely average.

I agree with you ,filling the team with over age is not a bad thing ,but it's a bad thing with overage they are not good enough

The best naija u20 I have witness is obi mikel set

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:42am On Feb 17, 2019
andrew444:

grin

I kept to my Words...... Didn't follow nor see any of their Games! Grandpas masquerading as Kids.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:28am On Feb 17, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

I kept to my Words...... Didn't follow nor see any of their Games! Grandpas masquerading as Kids.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2019
Imoh Ezekiel's goal and Victor Osimhen's assist for the winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr-GmEgI_xo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2019
Emem Eduok scores his first goal for his new club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

So how would u then describe the SA team that could hardly keep possession for up to 2 secs? Hun?

The truth is though this team is not among the best U20 teams we have ever produced but they are not as bad as u are tagging them to be.

Several factors are responsible for the poor performances of almost all the teams in this tournament.

First is that potato farm pitch that doesn't allow for smooth passing game . Even Senegal that appears to be the best in the tournament had to later resort to long balls when they played SA in the semis.

Secondly this team reminds me of the 2007 U20 where the 2005 U17 could not make it to the CAF U17 WCQ and they had to build that U20 almost from the scratch just like this team. Though that team finished second in that AYC of 2007 but they struggled all through. A good number of new inclusions were made ahead of the WYC and that crop produced: Elderson Echiejile, Efe Ambrose, Brown Ideye and Ikechukwu Ezenwa. All 4 of whom were in the SE at a point in time. Even Emmanuel Sarki that later chose to represent his Caribbean motherland.

Again the team is not as bad as u tag them. Go back to all the games they played they bossed all the opponents from the defence to the Midfield. The only area the team is lacking is that cutting edge upfront and that has a lot to do with Aigbogun's tactical ability. Plus the team also lacks creative Midfielders. Even at that they did not even lose any game from open play!

No team can beat this team 5-0 or 6-0 like u have opined. If u have followed the AYC well enough u will know that most of the games are usually caggy as there is usually little or nothing separating the final 8 AYC teams. The AYC group stage is usually tougher than the WYC group stage. If u really follow Youth Football u should know this.

There is no cause for alarm. The team has qualified for the WYC which is the primary objective. The coach had already penciled down a list of foreign players that will be infused. Thank God the tournament is at the end of the league seasons.

So just calm down and wish the team luck.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Please continue to keep to your words even at the WYC proper. We no see your face here when they qualified from the group as toppers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2019
Icon4s:

Please continue to keep to your words even at the WYC proper. We no see your face here when they qualified from the group as toppers.

grin

You didn't see because I kept to my Words, and if the same Squad is penciled down for WC proper, still won't give a Ish about them.

Guess you are happy now...... Mr. Patriot, No. 1 National Teams Supporter.

LMAO!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

You didn't see because I kept to my Words, and if the same Squad is penciled down for WC proper, still won't give a Ish about them.

Guess you are happy now...... Mr. Patriot, No. 1 National Teams Supporter.

LMAO!

Just continue. OYO for u. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
I will always support our National team...no matter what.... They are my pride, both the good days and not so good days...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Starboytwo:
I will always support our National team...no matter what.... They are my pride, both the good days and not so good days...

God bless you Sir.

One Love.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
CAF has totally lost it!

They cancelled the proposed all Africa games qualifiers (women) and headed automatic tickets to the teams that participated at the AWCON at the expense of other countries!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Danielnino00:
CAF has totally lost it!

They cancelled the proposed all Africa games qualifiers (women) and headed automatic tickets to the teams that participated at the AWCON at the expense of other countries!!

Any reasons for that?

And also nothing is being said about the men's AAG Football qualfiers. Any updates on that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
Icon4s:

Any reasons for that?

And also nothing is being said about the men's AAG Football qualfiers. Any updates on that?

No reason was given as per my source...

No update on the men's event either..
I don't think CAF takes the AAG serious otherwise they would have used it as qualifier for the Olympics rather than organizing another tournament for it..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
Josh Maja starts for Bordeaux!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2019
Icon4s:

So how would u then describe the SA team that could hardly keep possession for up to 2 secs? Hun?

The truth is though this team is not among the best U20 teams we have ever produced but they are not as bad as u are tagging them to be.

Several factors are responsible for the poor performances of almost all the teams in this tournament.

First is that potato farm pitch that doesn't allow for smooth passing game . Even Senegal that appears to be the best in the tournament had to later resort to long balls when they played SA in the semis.

Secondly this team reminds me of the 2007 U20 where the 2005 U17 could not make it to the CAF U17 WCQ and they had to build that U20 almost from the scratch just like this team. Though that team finished second in that AYC of 2007 but they struggled all through. A good number of new inclusions were made ahead of the WYC and that crop produced: Elderson Echiejile, Efe Ambrose, Brown Ideye and Ikechukwu Ezenwa. All 4 of whom were in the SE at a point in time. Even Emmanuel Sarki that later chose to represent his Caribbean motherland.

Again the team is not as bad as u tag them. Go back to all the games they played they bossed all the opponents from the defence to the Midfield. The only area the team is lacking is that cutting edge upfront and that has a lot to do with Aigbogun's tactical ability. Plus the team also lacks creative Midfielders. Even at that they did not even lose any game from open play!

No team can beat this team 5-0 or 6-0 like u have opined. If u have followed the AYC well enough u will know that most of the games are usually caggy as there is usually little or nothing separating the final 8 AYC teams. The AYC group stage is usually tougher than the WYC group stage. If u really follow Youth Football u should know this.

There is no cause for alarm. The team has qualified for the WYC which is the primary objective. The coach had already penciled down a list of foreign players that will be infused. Thank God the tournament is at the end of the league seasons.

So just calm down and wish the team luck.

Icon4s abeg leave those excuses wey u dey give abi na same potato form make them that horrible from the spot also. Abeg, any player with basic football intelligence no dey hide even for ocean. U see how Senegal dey play? When u watch Senegal play, then u will understand what I mean by basic football intelligence. When u watch their moves even when foiled by the bad pitch, the intents say a lot unlike the headless moves the FE offer. Dat Zaruma guy should pass for the most technically deficient of the Right backs or worse yet footballers that came to this tourney. I haven't seen a player so poor in a national team. Bros, I played this game, at least to a NUGA level, when I see a bad player, I know. Dat Zaruma na minus one. Too many over aged players. No how Alhassan, Eletu, Zaruma, Ikouwem, Ogbaranwe et al are below 26 years of age.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
Danielnino00:

No reason was given as per my source...

No update on the men's event either..
I don't think CAF takes the AAG serious otherwise they would have used it as qualifier for the Olympics rather than organizing another tournament for it..

This time 4 years ago, the AAG tickets were already Decided.

Meanwhile when u visit that Stone age CAF website u will not see any current News.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

Icon4s abeg leave those excuses wey u dey give abi na same potato form make them that horrible from the spot also. Abeg, any player with basic football intelligence no dey hide even for ocean. U see how Senegal dey play? When u watch Senegal play, then u will understand what I mean by basic football intelligence. When u watch their moves even when foiled by the bad pitch, the intents say a lot unlike the headless moves the FE offer. Dat Zaruma guy should pass for the most technically deficient of the Right backs or worse yet footballers that came to this tourney. I haven't seen a player so poor in a national team. Bros, I played this game, at least to a NUGA level, when I see a bad player, I know. Dat Zaruma na minus one. Too many over aged players. No how Alhassan, Eletu, Zaruma, Ikouwem, Ogbaranwe et al are below 26 years of age.

We agree Senegal are the best team in this tournament. But I still reiterate that our team is not that bad. We were the better side when we lost to Mali via penalties. We were also better than SA yesterday. Penalties can go either ways.

However we also agree that Aigbogun needs to carry out some surgery in certain departments of the team.

I still have high hopes on the team. Not hope of winning the WYC o. But at least a descent showing. We need to harvest the quality ones amongst them to promote to the SE. So this WYC is key for us as a footballing nation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5521) (5522) (5523) (5524) (5525) (5526) (5527) ... (16097) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper, elyte89, Samueltemi337(m), elunico, lbrichman2, gamaliel9, Tinneh and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.