Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,551 members, 7,801,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11523867 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) ... (16092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:45am On Mar 23, 2019
Iheanacho should soak in the words of Rohr and use it to propel himself. Learning is a big part of development.

When I read the remark of Nacho being funny during training sessions by Rohr, I remembered the incident of Nacho locking the Manchester City players when a training session was about to begin.

I so laughed and remembered Nacho jumping and laughing. It was so funny but I never thought that coaches might find it a sign of unseriousness.

With Rohr pointing it out, I think Nacho should cut it off and remain serious during sessions. He does not need to create an impression of an unserious person to Brendan Rodgers.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:50am On Mar 23, 2019
Despite the negativity thrown at Iwobi for his lackluster display against the Seychelles team, I think his tremendous work rate deserves a worthy praise.

He was so energetic all through the time he played and helped the team win back the ball at an impressive rate.

However, Iwobi would not need to expel so much energy if he gets his position right and channel most of his energy into his ball winning ability.

Well he is working with a master tactician who will keep brushing his game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51am On Mar 23, 2019
As for Uzoho, I do not want to see such dross again, if not I will say my mind.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:10am On Mar 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I think Iwobi needs Orientation on how he plays the creative midfield role because from my perspective, there were lapses in his game.

Most especially, his understanding of his role. Numerous times, he tried forcing the attack by running into spaces in front, forgetting that his primary role is to create for the forwards and overlapping fullbacks.

This caused disharmony in our play and reduced our chances of having cohesive attacking play.

Also, he played in an advanced position which was too far for him to dictate play and this caused him to lose the ball a lot when passing.

In the second half he did better but the forward runs were still a problem.

My best advice to Iwobi is to study the way Mikel played the creative attack midfield role against Argentina in 2005 to have an understanding of the role.

He should play more like a midfielder than a forward and spend time making passes to free players in ideal positions. Also give room to the forward players to shine and also the overlapping fullbacks.

You also notice this in the plays of De Bruyne and Silva.

The bolded was what caused the major problem for Iwobi. There was no rythm between Iwobi's passes and those runs from the forwards. A forward is supposed to run into a position that makes it easier for a passer to locate him. They mostly ran into tight positions.

Rohr really needs to work on that area of the team

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13am On Mar 23, 2019
I fear o. People wan blame size of pitch join. grin
Icon4s:

The pitch is not small. It is of the standard size. The problem is the poor camera positioning by the Super Sports crew.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I am just imagining if Ezenwa it was that made that blunder. Hey......... grin lipsrsealed

Honestly that was school boy goal keeping from Uzoho.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13am On Mar 23, 2019
Just say your mind now o
TheGoodJoe:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:16am On Mar 23, 2019
Joebie:
I fear o. People wan blame size of pitch join. grin

The camera positioning made it appear small.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:16am On Mar 23, 2019
Maybe if he strong he face well well he go start to a score
TheGoodJoe:
Iheanacho should soak in the words of Rohr and use it to propel himself. Learning is a big part of development.

When I read the remark of Nacho being funny during training sessions by Rohr, I remembered the incident of Nacho locking the Manchester City players when a training session was about to begin.

I so laughed and remembered Nacho jumping and laughing. It was so funny but I never thought that coaches might find it a sign of unseriousness.

With Rohr pointing it out, I think Nacho should cut it off and remain serious during sessions. He does not need to create an impression of an unserious person to Brendan Rodgers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:17am On Mar 23, 2019
So how that one come make Seychelles dey compact?
Icon4s:

The camera positioning made it appear small.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:17am On Mar 23, 2019
Joebie:
Just say your mind now o

No mind am. If na Ezenwa or Akpayi by now the kind insult wey dey go receive u will almost think we lost the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:19am On Mar 23, 2019
Icon4s:

I am just imagining if Ezenwa it was that made that blunder. Hey......... grin lipsrsealed

Boss,fact remains that Uzoho is very average and nothing more

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:24am On Mar 23, 2019
Joebie:
So how that one come make Seychelles dey compact?

They defended in numbers. Their only aim was to avoid an embarrassing defeat.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30am On Mar 23, 2019
Icon4s:

The bolded was what caused the major problem for Iwobi. There was no rythm between Iwobi's passes and those runs from the forwards. A forward is supposed to run into a position that makes it easier for a passer to locate him. They mostly ran into tight positions.

Rohr really needs to work on that area of the team

There was a time I expected the forward to pull out and wide a bit to create more passing options and also spread the compact set-up of the Seychelles players. That did not happen.

Rohr needs to go over the forward and fullback players opening for passing in preparation for any side that plays us with a similar compact system.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2019
Kog45:

There's something off about that guy. He doesn't look talented enough to me. That's my truth.

#barryseal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:36am On Mar 23, 2019
I have a very important question to ask, am not even talking about the capacity of a stadium but the size of the pitch.... Do we have same pitch size in all stadiums, cuz I think not, you cannot compare the size of Stamford bridge to camp nou or is it the same?.... Is the asaba pitch the same with the Abuja national stadium.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:38am On Mar 23, 2019
Uzoho has a serious query to answer for that unpardonable blunder he committed
Has the dude regressed? That was an amateur error for a national goalkeeper to commit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 7:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Uzoho,Ozornwafor,Awaziem and Osimhen to join U23's.Onyekuru to remain with the Super Eagles as Imama has good options in attack-Owngoal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:14am On Mar 23, 2019
edi287:

Zaha and Son play at the same wing and I repeat - Son is better than Zaha and has shown that over the last two seasons.
Is Martial white? Is Rashford white? When Leicester won the league - who was creating for Mahrez? Zaha has poor end product and that won't change at any club.
Why do you think City chose to sign Mahrez for 65m over him for 70m despite being homegrown? No club will blow over 70m on Zaha.
He is a very good player but not elite. Make we die this topic before people vex for us.
I need to find a link for the replay of today's game. I missed it

You make point sha

But mahrez is a better player than zaha and the World knows that

Zaha doesn't score goals like son ,maybe that should be where son edge him out .

Rashford dey play for England and rashford is doing well at man you ,all united forward are all blacks so leave that matter .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2019
Icon4s:

No mind them if na ezenwa or akpeyi the insults go too much

Bunch of bias people

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:21am On Mar 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I need to single out Onyekuru for his brilliance on the ball today. He was the player who stood out for me when it comes to gift on the ball.

He was way ahead of the other players in quality.

And someone called EEGA has been insulting onyekuru as if he has been given good chance in the eagles,how many matches has onyekuru even start in the eagles

Dude was insulting onyekuru last game before this one yesterday .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2019
Meliforme:
Henry Onyekuru, Victor Moses.
i can only consider Victor Moses and that is because he was our set piece taker.

Asamoah gyan, David villa, Samuel etoo', Zlatan ibrahimovich, Edin dzeko, Mohammed Salah, lewandowski e.t.c are some few examples of individual brilliance am trying to point out here! this set of players always come to the rescue or make good contributions when featured in games ....our team does not have such example of players in recent times, except maybe Ik uche.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:46am On Mar 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I think Iwobi needs Orientation on how he plays the creative midfield role because from my perspective, there were lapses in his game.

Most especially, his understanding of his role. Numerous times, he tried forcing the attack by running into spaces in front, forgetting that his primary role is to create for the forwards and overlapping fullbacks.

This caused disharmony in our play and reduced our chances of having cohesive attacking play.

Also, he played in an advanced position which was too far for him to dictate play and this caused him to lose the ball a lot when passing.

In the second half he did better but the forward runs were still a problem.

My best advice to Iwobi is to study the way Mikel played the creative attack midfield role against Argentina in 2005 to have an understanding of the role.

He should play more like a midfielder than a forward and spend time making passes to free players in ideal positions. Also give room to the forward players to shine and also the overlapping fullbacks.

You also notice this in the plays of De Bruyne and Silva.

I score this 100/100

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:49am On Mar 23, 2019
Icon4s:

He made an error previous to that one

The ball was going across the face of the goal, nowhere to the post and he jumped and tipped it across

That was when my alarm bells started ringing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 23, 2019
Starboytwo:
I have a very important question to ask, am not even talking about the capacity of a stadium but the size of the pitch.... Do we have same pitch size in all stadiums, cuz I think not, you cannot compare the size of Stamford bridge to camp nou or is it the same?.... Is the asaba pitch the same with the Abuja national stadium.....

Please, standard pitches all have the same size okay?! Every single one of them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 9:07am On Mar 23, 2019
Standard pitches aren't of the same size but have a minimum measurement to be rated as a standard pitch, for example Stamford Bridge's pitch and that of Estadio Camp Nou aren't of the same size or measurement

iSlayer2:

Please, standard pitches all have the same size okay?! Every single one of them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2019
Kog45:

Even seems as if the lad is regressing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:29am On Mar 23, 2019
EEGA:
Uzoho,Ozornwafor,Awaziem and Osimhen to join U23's.Onyekuru to remain with the Super Eagles as Imama has good options in attack-Owngoal.

No naa Onyekuru should also join the U23 party what we need in that game are players that can create numerous scoring chances and also score. We need 3 unreplied goals o. Onyekuru seems like one player that was not affected by the poor pitch. We expected him to replicate same against Libya. But ..... undecided

Musa and Simon can play as wingers in the SE team. Or better still Rohr should play WBs in Jamilu and Shehu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:30am On Mar 23, 2019
cc12:
Standard pitches aren't of the same size but have a minimum measurement to be rated as a standard pitch, for example Stamford Bridge's pitch and that of Estadio Camp Nou aren't of the same size or measurement

Correct.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:50am On Mar 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

There was a time I expected the forward to pull out and wide a bit to create more passing options and also spread the compact set-up of the Seychelles players. That did not happen.

Rohr needs to go over the forward and fullback players opening for passing in preparation for any side that plays us with a similar compact system.

When the balls from the AM wasn't working out, i like how Onyekuru and Simon (even with his late sub-in) started direct penetration. Jamilu also did well with his well timed crosses. Thank God Onyekuru was available to make good use of one of them.

You are right about an attacker pulling out to support Iwobi and it did happen later in that second half. One forward (forgotten who) later pulled back each time Iwobi had the ball for the "two can play" moves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:08am On Mar 23, 2019
Earthquake2:
Jennifer Aniston is a goddess!!!

Idiotic hypocrite. You just criticized someone for derailing the thread and then you come up with this?.

Shame on you!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Idiotic hypocrite. You just criticized someone for derailing the thread and then you come up with this?.

Shame on you!

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (5646) (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) ... (16092) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), Philosopher1979, hatakekakashi, humility33(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.