Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11536422 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5801) (5802) (5803) (5804) (5805) (5806) (5807) ... (16098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
tbaba1234:

Why not? Egypt is a good place for a holiday. You get to see the desert and the pyramids.You have nothing to worry about.

Baba how about security and racism ?

The Arabs are very notorious for that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Some unscrupulous characters have used the fact that the Igbo lost the war and became disjointed to keep spewing absolute garbage that keep driving the sword of division amongst the Igbo.

Its over for you. This is the age of internet. All lies are getting busted.

The other day it was forgiveness that swore Nduka Ugbade and Anyamelune were Yoruba names and were from Ondo. Its crazy!

Wetuo obi. Ozugo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
godspeed:

Baba how about security and racism ?

The Arabs are very notorious for that

Egypt receives thousands of tourists annually of all races. It is generally safe.Go and enjoy your holiday, bro.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Some unscrupulous characters have used the fact that the Igbo lost the war and became disjointed to keep spewing absolute garbage that keep driving the sword of division amongst the Igbo.

Its over for you. This is the age of internet. All lies are getting busted.

The other day it was forgiveness that swore Nduka Ugbade and Anyamelune were Yoruba names and were from Ondo. Its crazy!

When did I say Nduka and Anyamelune are Yoruba names?

I said Nduka and Anyamelune are from Ugbodu (Ugbodumila) and they are Olukumis. Stop twisting my words.

If you don't agree they migranted from Ondo, you can dispute that with their paramount ruler who said and confirmed it. What is my own?

And as I write, he claimed Olukumi is their first language though they speak Igbo. What is my own again?

Abi you be the paramount ruler of Ugbodu (Ugbodumila)?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed

I was suprised they played Chelsea and scored 3 goals away from home

They controlled the game. If not for the mistakes they made earlier, I think they would had beaten Chelsea.

The coach is good. I don't think he will last in that club if they go far in the champions League next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
forgiveness:

They controlled the game. If not for the mistakes they made earlier, I think they would had beaten Chelsea.

The coach is good. I don't think he will last in that club if they go far in the champions League next season.

I no watch the game sha

But according to what you said I think Chelsea edge them out with experience

Mind you ,this same team kicked out Sevilla ,that says alot about them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
andrew444:

Lol you can say that again bro

Barcelona shitty defence ,he should go and check the best defence in Europe this season , a defence without beast umtiti and an unknown lenglet stepped up .

I don't think the game will be easy for both teams. Although, I think Liverpool are more deadly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
andrew444:

I no watch the game sha

But according to what you said I think Chelsea edge them out with experience

Mind you ,this same team kicked out Sevilla ,that says alot about them

Well, na luck Chelsea take win. In fact, at a point, Chelsea dey park bus.

Anyway, dey try small.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
forgiveness:

I don't think the game will be easy for both teams. Although, I think Liverpool are more deadly.

Agreed

One of this 2 will win the champions league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
forgiveness:

Well, na luck Chelsea take win. In fact, at a point, Chelsea dey park bus.

Anyway, dey try small.

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed

One of this 2 will win the champions league

Hehehehehehe! Don't think dat way oooo. Anything can happen. That Ajax team and Tottenham are no push overs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
forgiveness:

Hehehehehehe! Don't think dat way oooo. Anything can happen. That Ajax team and Tottenham are no push overs.

You make point

But not my Barca and I believe die ,but in football anything can happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
andrew444:

You make point

But not my Barca and I believe die ,but in football anything can happen

Let's wait and see but I no wan Barca oooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
forgiveness:

When did I say Nduka and Anyamelune are Yoruba names?

I said Nduka and Anyamelune are from Ugbodu (Ugbodumila) and they are Olukumis. Stop twisting my words.

If you don't agree they migranted from Ondo, you can dispute that with their paramount ruler who said and confirmed it. What is my own?

And as I write, he claimed Olukumi is their first language though they speak Igbo. What is my own again?

Abi you be the paramount ruler of Ugbodu (Ugbodumila)?

As of today, the Ugbodu people don't speak the Olukunmi dialect. It's extinct. The people speak Enuani dialect. Stop pulling stuff from Wikipedia. Some of them still have Yoruba last names, but that's as far as their Yoruba gets.

Another example; we still have names like Obaze, Omozele, Attah,Idu in Anambra but they are neither Igala no Edo ,as the names suggest. These are assimilated settlers.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
Arsenal sef eh. now Chukwueze is valued at €63million euros, and might be over 100 in 3yrs time. chai

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
godspeed:
Hello house, I am thinking of spending my annual vacation in Egypt to afford me the opportunity of watching the AFCON and of course see a lot of historical sites.

Icon4s, tbaba1234 and other widely traveled members of the thread, particularly those who were at AFCON 2006, is this a good idea?I mean in terms of things like :

security.

The attitude of the Egyptians towards blacks.

What kind of treatment should I expect if for example Egypt loses to Nigeria at a stage in the tournament

Financial implications, like what kind of budget I should be looking at.

The tourist attractions

Weather e.t.c

Please house, will u strongly advice an average Nigerian to embark on this kind of trip for vacation?

Your contributions will be appreciated.

Regards

My brother, as long as u can comfortably afford it go ahead. I have never been to Egypt and it is definitely one place I have always wanted to visit because of its historical significance as an African, a Christian and also one who has interest in History and Archeology.

Numerous places to visit during the day as u watch ur AFCON games in the evenings but make sure u Google "tourist sites in Egypt" and their various fees. This will help u plan and maximise ur stay. It will also help u in budgeting. Still talking about costs, the flight ticket is a little more expensive than that of Dubai/Abu Dhabi. I don't know about their hotel prices but u can Google that.

June is not too far away so start making ur travel plans now. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:12am On Apr 19, 2019
OMANBALA1:

As of today, the Ugbodu people don't speak the Olukunmi dialect. It's extinct. The people speak Enuani dialect. Stop pulling stuff from Wikipedia. Some of them still have Yoruba last names, but that's as far as their Yoruba gets.

Another example; we still have names like Obaze, Omozele, Attah,Idu in Anambra but they are neither Igala no Edo ,as the names suggest. These are assimilated settlers.

That was an interview with the king of Ugbodu (Ugbodumila) himself and it was published on Tribune newspaper.

It has become a genuine source of information because it's coming from the authority itself.

That's all I know and it's what I will believe because I can't know better than the paramount ruler himself.

Anything apart from that can't be use for research in statistics.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:22am On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

So Dortmund and city are better than Madrid and juve ?

Smh for you

At least dey speak truth and stop being sentimental

Pure Epl fan boy mentality

As per their performance this season,Dortmund and City and definitely better than Madrid and Juve..
Spurs faced equally tough oppositions....

No sentiments..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:26am On Apr 19, 2019
Icon79:
LOL. I made my recommendations directly to Andoni Zubizarreta. I don't have access to JM Bartomeu, but I am sure that Zubi knew what to do with my list, but Bartomeu is the problem. I can't wait to see leave that position. Barca hasn't made any progress since Sandro Rosell resigned.

O pari

LMAO, what is this that I'm reading?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:47am On Apr 19, 2019
The Highly feared and revered Senegalese under 17 team is currently struggling and now needs an outright win against group leaders Cameroon to stand any chance of qualifying for the Semifinals and the World Cup. The race is certainly not to the Swift. Selah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51am On Apr 19, 2019
Danielnino00:

As per their performance this season,Dortmund and City and definitely better than Madrid and Juve..
Spurs faced equally tough oppositions....

No sentiments..

Not juventus I agree with Madrid

Juventus are better than both of them

Dortmund might end trophyless this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2019
daveP:
Arsenal sef eh. now Chukwueze is valued at €63million euros, and might be over 100 in 3yrs time. chai

Valued by the club and not normal market

Chuks will not be sold for more than 40 million

I am not sure if he will reach that 100 million ,not saying he is not good o ,remember he is African

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
My comment yesterday on Manchester City bluemoon forum.

I think I am not too bitter because I am now used to being cheated by UEFA. A part people are not talking about is that Ederson got fouled before the goal and the referee let it stand.

As soon as the referee was going to check the VAR screen, I just knew the people in the VAR room will not show the referee that angle that was quite clear that Llorente used his elbow.

It is time we get this Champions League knockout phases right. If we are not blowing our opponents away, we will get cheated.

From Dailymail:

The ball hits Fernando Llorente's arm as he scores Tottenham’s vital third goal... but the footage wasn't used in the VAR review

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nhams-vital-goal-against-Manchester-City.html

It is just a pity that the UEFA conspiracy lives on against Manchester City. I am used to it.

If at all anyone handled the ball, it was Laporte. All the angles revealed that pretty much. Guardiola can whine all he wants, if he aint careful, he gonna kiss his EPL title aspirations goodbye too. He needs to worry about his match against Tottenham on saturday

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:08am On Apr 19, 2019
kennysville:

If at all anyone handled the ball, it was Laporte. All the angles revealed that pretty much. Guardiola can whine all he wants, if he aint careful, he gonna kiss his EPL title aspirations goodbye too. He needs to worry about his match against Tottenham on saturday

He will win Tottenham because they are playing at home

I want to ask a question

Why do all Epl teams hate mancity ?

When city was playing Tottenham everybody was against city ,you would nearly mistake city for Barca if you don't know who is playing ,I almost forget it was 2 English team that's playing

Is it because he won the league last season or what ?

Almost all Epl teams are seeing city as Barca ,they see it as Barcelona in Epl

I am very sure that all the English pundit that wants all English final didn't pray for it to be mancity

If mancity win the league again I think the hate will increase ,they are insulting him that he can't even win the champions league with city ,so dem dey forbid others English team to win champions league abi ?

If Epl team fails to win this season champions league I will put them in the level of Czech Republic league .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:17am On Apr 19, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Bia, Southgate, leave Igbo matters alone!! Stop sticking your nose into what you know nothing about. Gerrit?

This is for you, Southgate!!

Igbo ethnic group is probably the most diverse ethnic group in Nigeria. The language of the people varies from town to town, and its important to note that amongst the eastern Igbos some version of the language is not intelligible to others. For instance, I , an Anambra guy from Idenmili can understand 90% of the Igbo spoken in Enuani, Delta state but I will need a translator to understand Izii,Izaa and even Ngwa ,which are found in south east. I think the location of Agbor helped to support that "we are a distinct group" notion, but , in reality Agbor is an Igboid group with a heavy Edo influence,period. Just like Awka with Igala influence, Aguleri with Igala influence, Arochukwu with Cross River influence etc. The difference between these towns and Agbor is mere location. The Obi of Agbor bears Igbo names and so are the past ones. They claim they are not Igbo but they haven't been able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

Just recently, their Obi threatened his chief and subjects and asked them to stop speaking Igbo giving their children Igbo names...The problem, however, is that his name is.....wait for it....Ikenchukwu Keagborekuzi....lmao. His father also has Igbo names.

The Agbor people's DNA is Igbo ,they are subconsciously Igbo and this is the way they have always been....The current Governor of Delta state is Ifeanyi Okowa(Ekwueme of Ika)....lol.

Language;Agbor speak a version of Igbo mixed with indigenous words and foreign. The Obi of Agbor doesn't speak Ika or whatever they chose to call it. It's actually funny because the man is so culturally detached from his people. 99% of Ika kids born today are given Igbo names just like its always been. I think Agbor people have identity crisis. Its very sad.

Less, I forget. When people say "pure Igbo" ,we will need you to elaborate on that because there is no one single Igbo dialect intelligible to all Igbo. The Igbo spoken in Aba is different from what is spoken in Onicha,but because the Onicha Igbo was the first Igbo used in translating the bible ,and early Onicha traders used it for commerce it became most popular. Those who are ignorant of the Igbo sociocultural makeup shouldn't discuss Igbo matters.

I am not sure why you seem to be getting so heated, over a subtle observation.

Nonetheless, you have essentially with much detail confirmed my view, opinion and or observation.

Let me reiterate, I find that people in Agbor are just like many other parts of Nigeria overwhelmingly have given thier children European derived names. Which l think is very sad as a Nigerian.

I gave you the example of Nduka Obiagbiona and asked if his name is Igbo derived. You have answered that question albeit indirectly but still comprehensively.

So what is the core issue ❓ l seems we are delving into the politics of ethnicity, let me presume, that does being Igbo derived in origin or heritage make you Igbo

Quite emphatically the paramount traditional ruler of Agbor has made it VERY RESOUNDINGLY CLEAR that they are not Igbo. Although they without doubt are historically by origin derived from the Igbo ethnicity. His answer is a capital NO.

But in today's contemporary Nigeria and ethnic dynamics they do not consider themselves to be Igbo.

That would be the same position for the Uhrobo/Isoko, Kwale and other somewhat Igbo derived and mixed ethnic groups in Delta state.

Don't presume that l am ignorant that's being condescending. I actually speak Igbo (central) l spent near 5 years at UNN where my Dad lectured for a period. And mixed with a lot of people who speak so many differing dialects it's impossible to number them.

I may have been born in the UK but l can assure you l was made in Warri.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

I want to ask a question

When city was playing Tottenham everybody was against city ,you would nearly mistake city for Barca if you don't know who is playing ,I almost forget it was 2 English team that's playing

I am very sure that all the English pundit that wants all English final didn't pray for it to be mancity

If mancity win the league again I think the hate will increase ,they are insulting him that he can't even win the champions league with city ,so dem dey forbid others English team to win champions league abi ?

If Epl team fails to win this season champions league I will put them in the level of Czech Republic league .
they (I inclusive) hate pep and city cos he is on a mission to turn EPL to one horse race..last season when he was on winning streak, he bragged that pundits and people said he can't do it in EPL,now he is doing it..

He wants to prove EPL isn't the toughest league hence it's him against EPL fanboys like me and English pundits..

The fraud must fail angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfRtLRhjriA
How can u leave dis guy out of afcon squad..... I no jus understand

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:33am On Apr 19, 2019
krattoss:
they (I inclusive) hate pep and city cos he is on a mission to turn EPL to one horse race..last season when he was on winning streak, he bragged that pundits and people said he can't do it in EPL,now he is doing it..

He wants to prove EPL isn't the toughest league hence it's him against EPL fanboys like me and English pundits..

The fraud must fail angry

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2019
kennysville:

You can judge by title but the effect of Guardiola can not be measured by titles but the quality of play which is definitely the best in the game today. That cheating, VAR or luck can not chalk off.

As for you denying the handball despite clear evidences,

Fernando Llorente Admits To Handballing UCL Winning Goal At Man City

Llorente told COPE after the match: “I was screwed, I thought they cancelled it.

https://www.independent.ng/fernando-llorente-admits-to-handballing-ucl-winning-goal-at-man-city/amp/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2019
Paul Aigbogun should invite these foreign born players to camp.

1. Arthur Okonkwo (GK) - Arsenal

2. Marvin Park (AMF) - Real Madrid

3. Deji Beyreuther (LB) - Frankfurt

4. Noah Okafor (LW) - Basel

5. Bobby Adekanye (RW) - Lazio (currently in Holland U-20 team)

6. Mujaid Sadick (CB & RB) - Deportivo de la Coruna

7. Midhat Bajric (CB) - Hoffenheim

8. Keanan Bennetts (LM) - Borussia Monchenglabach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06am On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

I want to ask a question

My respect for Ferdinand increased after he was the only one in BT studio who had the guts to admit the ball hit Llorente on the arm. It is a pity that the World is filled with so many fickle people who wants to see the better person cheated to suit their inferiority complex.

Majority of the EPL fans were happy that one of their best was getting robbed a chance to win the trophy. Either way, we march on.

‘That’s off his arm for me. That’s hit his arm. Watch the skin on his arm, it moves,’ Rio Ferdinand said, to which Lineker replied: ‘But even if it just flicks the arm and then goes onto the hips that’s not… is it?

‘I’m just saying the ball’s hit his arm and then it’s up to the referee to determine whether its a handball or not,’ Ferdinand said.

‘I think its handball personally I’ve got to be honest.’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/04/17/rio-ferdinand-claims-fernando-llorentes-winner-man-city-handball-9242655/amp/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

My respect for Ferdinand increased after he was the only one in BT studio who had the guts to admit the ball hit Llorente in the arm. It is a pity that the World is filled with so many fickle people who wants to see the better person cheated to suit their inferiority complex.

Majority of the EPL fans were happy that one of their best was getting robbed a chance to win the trophy. Either way, we march on.

‘That’s off his arm for me. That’s hit his arm. Watch the skin on his arm, it moves,’ Rio Ferdinand said, to which Lineker replied: ‘But even if it just flicks the arm and then goes onto the hips that’s not… is it?

‘I’m just saying the ball’s hit his arm and then it’s up to the referee to determine whether its a handball or not,’ Ferdinand said.

‘I think its handball personally I’ve got to be honest.’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/04/17/rio-ferdinand-claims-fernando-llorentes-winner-man-city-handball-9242655/amp/

They hate pep because he has schooled them over there in the Epl and he is from Barcelona

They also forget conte won the Epl in his first season at Chelsea

Ferdinard doesn't say nonsense he knows what he says and he is not bias like carragher who was crap during his playing days but knows how to criticize a player who is not English ,should I also remind you of Gary Neville ? One of the worst manager in the history of laliga

I don't want to talk about the city game as I respect VAR ,Tottenham are the deserved winners ,football is some how most times

(1) (2) (3) ... (5801) (5802) (5803) (5804) (5805) (5806) (5807) ... (16098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.