Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11536247 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5802) (5803) (5804) (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) ... (16098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

My respect for Ferdinand increased after he was the only one in BT studio who had the guts to admit the ball hit Llorente in the arm. It is a pity that the World is filled with so many fickle people who wants to see the better person cheated to suit their inferiority complex.

Majority of the EPL fans were happy that one of their best was getting robbed a chance to win the trophy. Either way, we march on.

‘That’s off his arm for me. That’s hit his arm. Watch the skin on his arm, it moves,’ Rio Ferdinand said, to which Lineker replied: ‘But even if it just flicks the arm and then goes onto the hips that’s not… is it?

‘I’m just saying the ball’s hit his arm and then it’s up to the referee to determine whether its a handball or not,’ Ferdinand said.

‘I think its handball personally I’ve got to be honest.’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/04/17/rio-ferdinand-claims-fernando-llorentes-winner-man-city-handball-9242655/amp/

As soon as I saw the replay I agree it was a goal. Llorente tried to move his arm away from the ball"s direction.

There was a slight touch but it didn't influence the direction of the ball. The hip had to do all the job. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2019
forgiveness:

As soon as I saw the replay I agree it was a goal. Llorente tried to move his arm away from the ball"s direction.

There was a slight touch but it didn't influence the direction of the ball. The hip had to do all the job. grin

That is you being dishonest as much as the VAR crew that night. I wonder how people are happy seeing someone cheated. I do not have a drop of that in me. That is one of the reasons I stopped supporting Manchester United.

Back to the topic. As long as it is handball, saying moving away does not add. You know it is handball, the referee and the VAR crew members knew it was handball and the goal should not stand.

What beats me is how people like you can keep a straight face and try to defend cheating another.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:36am On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

They hate pep because he has schooled them over there in the Epl and he is from Barcelona

They also forget conte won the Epl in his first season at Chelsea

Ferdinard doesn't say nonsense he knows what he says and he is not bias like carragher who was crap during his playing days but knows how to criticize a player who is not English ,should I also remind you of Gary Neville ? One of the worst manager in the history of laliga

I don't want to talk about the city game as I respect VAR ,Tottenham are the deserved winners ,football is some how most times

I respect VAR but what we saw that night was not VAR. That was corruption and a conspiracy to oust City caught on tape.

The VAR crew had the footage that clearly showed it touched his arm. We had already seen the footage before. They refused to show that angle because it was clear they wanted City out.

I respect VAR but what we saw that night was not VAR.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is you being dishonest as much as the VAR crew that night. I wonder how people are happy seeing someone cheated. I do not have a drop of that in me. That is one of the reasons I stopped supporting Manchester United.

Back to the topic. As long as it is handball, saying moving away does not add. You know it is handball, the referee and the VAR crew members knew it was handball and the goal should not stand.

What beats me is how people like you can keep a straight face and try to defend cheating another.

It was a pure and clean goal. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38am On Apr 19, 2019
forgiveness:

It was a pure and clean goal. grin

If you are comfortable being this honest, even after the player thought they would chalk off the goal (because he knew his arm made contact with the ball), you are free to live with yourself that day.

Your life, your conscience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I respect VAR but what we saw that night was not VAR. That was corruption and a conspiracy to oust City caught on tape.

The VAR crew had the footage that clearly showed it touched his arm. We had already seen the footage before. They refused to show that angle because it was clear they wanted City out.

There was a moment during the match the ball touched either a Manchester city or Tottenham player in the box but the referee didn't give penalty.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2019
forgiveness:

There was a moment during the match the ball touched either a Manchester city or Tottenham player in the box but the referee didn't give penalty.

Did the decision go to VAR? I am talking of a clearly manipulated VAR incident where the referee and media crew chose not to do the right thing. Then, you clearly knowing what is right and wrong and supporting the wrong choice. You are free to live your life that way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
watching Arsenal vs Napoli yesterday,the way Sokratis handled Koulibhaly during the altercation really got me. How I wish we got someone like him in the SE squad. All our players are damn too soft..we need a Vidal,kolasinac or sokratis kinda player...our boys need to stop dpubg fine boys up and down...IMO

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Yea, it should be Mane but I won't be surprised if they give it to Salah or VVD, if Liverpool were to win the UCL. It's all politics.

O pari

andrew444:

Who is Messi competitor for balon d or ?

It should be saido mane ,dude has been fantastic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
Yea, I can't get sick and tired enough of hearing about the EPL and dominance in Europe. My only message to y'all is, this is way too premature. Two EPL teams need play in the finals and win a few CL's before talking about dominance. Do you remember how many times TWO Liga teams have played in the finals? Do you remember how many times La Liga teams have won the Champions league?

And by the way, it's all very well talking about 2 English teams in the semis, but English players will probably account for about less than a quarter of the players involved. And i find it quite interesting that none of the 4 teams in this year's quarter finals is coached by a Brit. And for those asking why we tend to root against England, I have 3 reasons for you:
- the British media
- their pundits
- and their fans

…. that's why!

O pari

komekn:

What is the something else, l am lost explain more.

But before you do the superiority of the EPL is becoming more and more apparent.

Look at how many EPL teams got to the last 8 of the Champions league. And the possibility of an all EPL final is now a possibility.

Then look at the Euro cup it seems highly likely that we will have an all EPL final.

Now what could be more emphatically resounding to prove the complete SUPERIORITY of the EPL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
Icon79:
Yea, it should be Mane but I won't be surprised if they give it to Salah or VVD, if Liverpool were to win the UCL. It's all politics.

O pari

You mean they will give salah balon d or or vvd? Lol

That will never happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

i thought if a players hand is not flapping around and the ball hits his hand, it doesn't count as handball??
From the video, llorente's hands were not flapping around.. right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
mostob:
watching Arsenal vs Napoli yesterday,the way Sokratis handled Koulibhaly during the altercation really got me. How I wish we got someone like him in the SE squad. All our players are damn too soft..we need a Vidal,kolasinac or sokratis kinda player...our boys need to stop dpubg fine boys up and down...IMO

Kolasinac power player ,he made bundesliga team of the year in his last season at shakle 04 and they came 8th ,that says a lot ,it's just like a Leicester city player making Pfa team of the year

Sokratis is good also

Do you mean Arturo Vidal ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Chelsea risk losing young prospect Adrian Akande this summer.

Voetbalzone says the 15 year-old is attracting interest from Ajax and RB Leipzig.

Chelsea management regard Akande highly, but are battling to convince him to stay.

The teen is a Nigeria youth international and moved to Chelsea from Crystal Palace's academy.

Along with Ajax and RBL, Bayern Munich are also interested in Akande.

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-risk-losing-prospect-adrian-akande-as-ajax-keen-4277521#dqc46dGTjsPleZWz.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
EmmGee:

i thought if a players hand is not flapping around and the ball hits his hand, it doesn't count as handball??

even from the pics he post here, its ball to hand, not hand to ball, and worst is, it jst skim his hand, to me the referees is spot on, not hand ball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
EmmGee:

That is when you are debating if it is a penalty. It is unfair when a defending player is not making an attempt to stop the opposition from scoring a goal and the ball hits his arm. Especially, if his arm is tuck close and does not make him bigger. In this case, Llorente was the attacking player and use his hand to aid a goal.

The VAR drama there was to check for the possibility of a handball and they refuse to use the angle that clearly shows this. Llorente's arm played a role in scoring the goal. Handball any day. Even the referee knows.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
Omo no Match today. angry

Today wey person come dey house.

Well, let me ask my Mrs whether my catfish pepper soup don ready. tongue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
Don't get me wrong, no one deserves it besides Messi but I'd be worried if Barca fails to win the Champions League. After all, Messi was the best player in Europe last season as well - had the highest goals & assists in all competition and won a double. But did he even make the top 3?!
That's UEFA for you … it's all politics.

O pari

andrew444:

You mean they will give salah balon d or or vvd? Lol

That will never happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2019

O pari

jihday:
LMAO, what is this that I'm reading?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2019
Icon79:
Don't get me wrong, no one deserves it besides Messi but I'd worried if Barca fails to win the Champions League. After all, Messi was the best player in Europe last season as well - had the highest goals & assists in all competition and won a double. But did he even make the top 3?!
That's UEFA for you … it's all politics.

O pari

No politics Modric was a deserved winner ,remember it was a World Cup year ?if Modric didn't win that balon d or ,it belongs to Cr7 and not even Messi

I don't think Liverpool players will be given balon d or even if they win champions league which they won't win .

Should I remind you that sneidjer won the champions league and frank ribery ,Cr7 and Messi took those balon d or

Messi will take the balon d or this time after coming 5th last time

Forget all this politics stuff ,Modric deserves last balon d or

Even if Liverpool won Madrid in that final ,Highest salah can get is making the top 3 ,he won't even dream of winning it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
Icon4s:
Omo no Match today. angry

Today wey person come dey house.

Well, let me ask my Mrs whether my catfish pepper soup don ready. tongue

Bar man give this man 3 goldberg ,how you go just chop pepper soup like that

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That is when you are debating if it is a penalty. It is unfair when a defending player is not making an attempt to stop the opposition from scoring a goal and the ball hits his arm. Especially, if his arm is tuck close and does not make him bigger. In this case, Llorente was the attacking player and use his hand to aid a goal.

The VAR drama there was to check for the possibility of a handball and they refuse to use the angle that clearly shows this. Llorente's arm played a role in scoring the goal. Handball any day. Even the referee knows.

Llorente didn't use his hand to aid any goal. The video showed his hand moved away from the ball. It didn't move towards the ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

No politics Modric was a deserved winner ,remember it was a World Cup year ?if Modric didn't win that balon d or ,it belongs to Cr7 and not even Messi

I don't think Liverpool players will be given balon d or even if they win champions league which they won't win .

Should I remind you that sneidjer won the champions league and frank ribery ,Cr7 and Messi took those balon d or

Messi will take the balon d or this time after coming 5th last time

Forget all this politics stuff ,Modric deserves last balon d or

Even if Liverpool won Madrid in that final ,Highest salah can get is making the top 3 ,he won't even dream of winning it

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
forgiveness:

grin

Lol

This man self

Chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
mostob:

What are you talking about? Whose boys are soft?

You've so easily forgotten how Iwobi, Ndidi and Balogun nearly beheaded Feghouli in Algiers during our WC Qualifiers?

Who you dey call soft? Make any of these African players catch our guys outside, you go know who soft.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

My respect for Ferdinand increased after he was the only one in BT studio who had the guts to admit the ball hit Llorente on the arm. It is a pity that the World is filled with so many fickle people who wants to see the better person cheated to suit their inferiority complex.

Majority of the EPL fans were happy that one of their best was getting robbed a chance to win the trophy. Either way, we march on.

‘That’s off his arm for me. That’s hit his arm. Watch the skin on his arm, it moves,’ Rio Ferdinand said, to which Lineker replied: ‘But even if it just flicks the arm and then goes onto the hips that’s not… is it?

‘I’m just saying the ball’s hit his arm and then it’s up to the referee to determine whether its a handball or not,’ Ferdinand said.

‘I think its handball personally I’ve got to be honest.’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/04/17/rio-ferdinand-claims-fernando-llorentes-winner-man-city-handball-9242655/amp/
I understand why you emotional, it's what fans do, however try to be objective, do you want players to start cutting off their hands to avoid handball? read this piece that explains why the goal stood http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-champions-league/775/blog/post/3829001/explaining-the-var-drama-why-fernando-llorentes-goal-stood-as-spurs-eliminated-man-city?device=featurephone

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

una too like conspiracy theory haba, kilode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
do4luv14:

even from the pics he post here, its ball to hand, not hand to ball, and worst is, it jst skim his hand, to me the referees is spot on, not hand ball

Agreed without one iota of reservation

The ball that just barely touched the hairs on his hand if at all did not change the direction of or trajectory of the ball in any way whatsoever.

It was the ball that hit his thigh that had the crucial touch that changed the trajectory of the ball and therefore created the goal.

I am quite SHOCKED at the comments made about this they border on DELUSION.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
andrew444:

Bar man give this man 3 goldberg ,how you go just chop pepper soup like that

This man you no serious grin

Na picture of person wey dey prepare for match u come post here. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
Top stat from whoscored.com
"With nine apiece, 19-year-old Samuel Chukwueze had more shots and completed more dribbles than any other player in the Europa League quarter-finals.

He and Filip Kostic appear twice in the stat leaders from the two legs combined ��� "

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

(1) (2) (3) ... (5802) (5803) (5804) (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) ... (16098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.