Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11536754 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5817) (5818) (5819) (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) ... (16098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:17am On Apr 22, 2019
Earthquake3:

Mourinho, Ranieri, Ancelloti have sacked it doesn't mean anything

Question is what are your achievements

So what exactly is his achievement after coaching for over 30 years? An appearance at a UEFA final in 1996? This is 2019. Since 2000, he has been factually sacked from every appointments, even Burkina Faso sacked him. It is one thing if you are sacked once or twice but getting sacked over and over, that is not exactly a good record
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2019
Seems today is ODOGWU's birthday?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:21am On Apr 22, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

No disrespect but the writer is just a ranter.

Ask that writer about Mourinho, he will tell you that Mourinho is a genius winning the Champions league twice.

However, he will not tell you that in the Inter game against Barcelona, Barcelona had a goal wrongly ruled out. I think a false handball which would have knocked Inter Milan out. I think there was a volcano in the previous game that made Barcelona travel by train and were fatigued with the only game Inter won.

He won't tell you that in the title against Celtic and Porto which Mourinho won the UEFA Cup that a Silver goal stopped any chance of Celtic equalising after they had equalised Porto twice.

That man will not tell you that in the Champions league Porto won, Andrade of Deportivo La Coruna who was a key midfield master of Deportivo was wrongly sent off and gave Mourinho an easy pass to beat them.

Three major European titles of Mourinho filled with UEFA footprints. Does that mean Mourinho is not an exceptional manager? No. I do respect him but picking things like that is just selling the narrative to run down a good work.

Also in that semifinal against Chelsea, Abidal was wrongly sent off in the first leg I think, nobody remembers that bit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:24am On Apr 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

These are actually the same type of goals he scored in the premier league. Check out his goal yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7sYODigWw

This is classic Ighalo.

that's what have been saying in this thread,
there are more established player than IGHALO in china, hulk, and the likes,
yet IGHALO is still playing his game, scoring goals,

have watch his goals in both championship, and BPL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Mickael2:

So what exactly is his achievement after coaching for over 30 years? An appearance at a UEFA final in 1996? This is 2019. Since 2000, he has been factually sacked from every appointments, even Burkina Faso sacked him. It is one thing if you are sacked once or twice but getting sacked over and over, that is not exactly a good record

Are your grudge with him about his past or present achievements, you think reaching a UEFA final is beans

Out of all SE coaches I think he has the best pedigree Amunike you are supporting his best achievement is qualifying Tanzania for a 24 man African tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
not only that, i will pick ndidi ahead of onazi any day any time. Ndidi is currently one of the best young defensive midfielders in europe and top clubs will swoop for his signature if leicester decides to sell anytime soon.

onazi is more of garagara with no footballing brains. jumping into tackles and brutalizing opponents is not enough for him to be rated as one of the best in africa let alone europe.

The true mark of an outstanding player is that teams will be coming even when you are not for sale. Telling me teams will only come for Ndidi when Leicester puts him on the transfer market shows that he isn't that good and/or top teams don't exactly want him. Look at how Manchester United went all out for Maguire, did Leicester tell you they wanted to sell? Did they sell? Look at how Real Madrid is going all out for Hazard, does Chelsea want to sell? No team will want to sell their best asset except for the right price, if no team has come for Ndidi then that means no team wants him, not because Leicester do not want to sell. Only on Own goal and completesports pages will you ever see reports about a bid or that Klopp is a huge admirer and other falsified information.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Earthquake3:

Are your grudge with him about his past or present achievements, you think reaching a UEFA final is beans

Out of all SE coaches I think he has the best pedigree Amunike you are supporting his best achievement is qualifying Tanzania for a 24 man African tournament

So his only achievement is getting to a UEFA cup final, yes or no
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:27am On Apr 22, 2019
Mickael2:

So his only achievement is getting to a UEFA cup final, yes or no

Do you have a relative that has reached a Uefa cup final?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:30am On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Have u watched ndidi play in Roger's leceister team recently? Bobo is improving
He is but still has a long way to go...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:32am On Apr 22, 2019
Earthquake3:

Like I said, the intelligence quotient of this thread has dropped a lot. What has this got to do with our argument?

For the record I have a relative who has gotten to the Champions League final not Europa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:41am On Apr 22, 2019
Mickael2:

Like I said, the intelligence quotient of this thread has dropped a lot. What has this got to do with our argument?

For the record I have a relative who has gotten to the Champions League final not Europa

Ya I know him too

Rohr has done more and will do more than Amunike has ever done, calls for his sack are just based on sentiments not facts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 9:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Happy birthday to JOHN MIKEL...the african zidane...hate him or like him...he's one of nigeria greatest player...he is my favourite super eagle player... Still remember d games against barcelona and bayern munich, burkina faso or is it the game against spain where he bossed the midfield... 2x premier league titles 4x fa cups 2x league cups 1 community shield 1 uefa champions league 1 europa league 1 afcon.. 2016 rio bronze medal u20 silver medal.. #85 CAPS... HE IS A LEGEND... OBI NA BALLER..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Earthquake3:

Whattt! This is absurd and uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2019
Earthquake3:

Ya I know him too

Rohr has done more and will do more than Amunike has ever done, calls for his sack are just based on sentiments not facts

Who called for his sack? We said if he was to be sacked does Amuneke deserve a shot.

By the way this is now a personal attack on Amuneke so I will not respond again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I wonder where you saw me write Rohr off. Genuinely, I feel Rohr has a chance to win the title and I will not be shocked if he does. However, I always believed the path to long-term success lies with playing possessive attacking football and that does not suit Rohr’s philosophy. We might nick some titles but I do not see him building a formidable international force with his type of play when we are capable of doing that.

Everybody has his philosophy. Possession attacking football is not the only style or pattern of play in the world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:27am On Apr 22, 2019
tbaba1234:

Let us see him reproduce it at a higher level. Sinama Pongolle could not score much in the top league but became a goal poacher in Thailand.
pongolle is never a deadly striker even his record in Thailand is average. Respect any striker that can score 101 goals in 58 Apps even if he plays in Nigeria National League
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:32am On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Onazi is no where close to ndidi. Onazi's is tactically indiciplined and prone to errors. Ndidi is improving and will get better with time. Onazi na garagara master

The same Onazi that played in the Seria A is tactically indiscipline? shocked grin

Besides, Onazi played mostly as a CM in Italy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2019
Mickael2:

Who called for his sack? We said if he was to be sacked does Amuneke deserve a shot.

By the way this is now a personal attack on Amuneke so I will not respond again

Rohr is not going to be sacked anytime soon so no need for your permutations
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
and why did he leave lazio when he became old enough to become one of the arrow heads in the team to trapzonspor in turkey? you mean no serie A team was able to afford him nor any decent club from the epl,french ligue 1,bundesliga or even one of the 3 top teams in the turkish league. pls go online and check ndid's stat when he played for genk in the europa league before leaving for leicester

Obviously, you didn't follow Onazi from the Lazio youth team to the first team. He was an attacking midfielder in the youth team before he was converted to CM in the first team.

Lazio never wanted him to go despite some clubs in the EPL and Werder Bremen coming after him.

I think he went to Turkey for money.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:12am On Apr 22, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

"I did not come here to win the Champions League, but I came here to make the team play the way they have played in the last twenty months," Guardiola.

I think this line of Guardiola is going to go down to decide the history of the game. That is what makes him special. He sees things differently. This is not hype. This is the good part of Guardiola.

In the last few months, we have seen magical football from Guardiola, like his 6-0 demolition of Chelsea which was breathtaking.

The game against Bournemouth where Bournemouth team did not make a shot in the game. For the first time in the history of the EPL did that happen. We saw a run where we closed the margin against Liverpool who looked like the run away league winners.

Guardiola broke records in the EPL, not ready to start listing but it was phenomenal. Did the same with Bayern Munich. The point Gap between Manchester United I think was 18-19 points. Won the league EPL with hundred points. Won the domestic double with Bayern Three times. It takes a lot of hard work and brilliance to achieve what Guardiola has done in the game. To sum it up with not winning Champions League is mediocre, weak and disrespectful to the brilliance achieved over the years.

It is just a case of a man proving them wrong and showcasing football in the best way it should be played.

We want to see Guardiola win trophies with teams like Napoli, Monaco, Arsenal etc until then, he is hype man.

He didn't want to win the Championships league yet he was scratching his bald head as if lapalapa dey dere wen Tottenham dey beat am. Bhuhahahah grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 22, 2019
fabyom:
More!

Fraudiola. Who even coined that name? Some people are just savage from belle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
not only that, i will pick ndidi ahead of onazi any day any time. Ndidi is currently one of the best young defensive midfielders in europe and top clubs will swoop for his signature if leicester decides to sell anytime soon.

onazi is more of garagara with no footballing brains. jumping into tackles and brutalizing opponents is not enough for him to be rated as one of the best in africa let alone europe.

Onazi is better a CM. Ndidi is better a DM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
will any club cough out 4million euros for onazi's signature currently? by the way is onazi not still young enough to atleast attract interest from top leagues in europe? i hold nothing against eddy but right from when he rose to the first team of lazio,debuted for the super eagles and currently in turkey i have not rated him for once. garagara and agidi no be say person sabi ball

Definitely, you didn't follow Onazi at Lazio.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
bros i disagree with you. before ndidi signed for leicester from genk, he was seriously scouted by man untd who wanted to sign him and send him on loan to gain more playing time,hamburg then in the bundesliga were also very interested in having him and for leicester to cough out over 10m to sign an unproven talent who just played a season of top flight football in belgium is testament to the lads unpolished qualities. scouts no dey recommend dirty to their respective clubs because their jobs are in stake.

Even as injury ravaged Joel obi's career during his time in Italy. He was able to get noticed by the likes of Parma, torino and chievo and at a period of time linked with a move to Palace. If onazi was as good as some of u think he would have atleast attracted middle table clubs in Italy instead of moving to trspzonspor

Liverpool were ready to cough £8m for Onazi. Even Everton wanted him but he wanted to be loyal to the club that gave him the platform to succeed.

I remember I called him mumu den because of his decision.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 22, 2019
Icon4s:
CAF U17 matches played yesterday:

Senegal 0:0 Cameroon
Guinea 1:0 Morocco.

Cameroon and Guinea qualify.

Semis:
Nigeria vs Guinea
Cameroon vs Angola.

Senegal, pre-tournament favorites crashed. Guinea that they beat 4:0 in the final of the WAFU Zone A qualfiers beat them in Tanzania 1:0. Senegal had an excellent pre- CAF U17 tournament session. They won all their games in the Turkey invitational without conceding, even beating Nigeria 2:0.

Senegal, Perennial underachievers, underachieve again.

Damn! Very unlucky fellows.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 22, 2019
zuchyblink:
a goal poacher is a goal poacher no matter were he plays. We praise Ighalo for scoring 6 in 6 matches in China let us also praise this guy. The Qatari league he plays produced 99% of players that won AFC effortlessly. To me Algeria is the most star studded team going to Egypt.

Where is the star studded? Mahrez and Slimani? Is Inler still playing? Is it Feghouli or Ghezzal the poor man's Mahrez (lol) that is the class or who?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 22, 2019
Kelechi Nwakali still stranded in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
Daninya111:
Kelechi Nwakali still stranded in Nigeria.

Chai this guy has an unlucky career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
do4luv14:

that's what have been saying in this thread,
there are more established player than IGHALO in china, hulk, and the likes,
yet IGHALO is still playing his game, scoring goals,

have watch his goals in both championship, and BPL

Ighalo have better goal ratio than world class hulk

Ighalo have 42 league goals in 61 games in china

While hulk have 32 goals in 62 games

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mickael2:

The true mark of an outstanding player is that teams will be coming even when you are not for sale. Telling me teams will only come for Ndidi when Leicester puts him on the transfer market shows that he isn't that good and/or top teams don't exactly want him. Look at how Manchester United went all out for Maguire, did Leicester tell you they wanted to sell? Did they sell? Look at how Real Madrid is going all out for Hazard, does Chelsea want to sell? No team will want to sell their best asset except for the right price, if no team has come for Ndidi then that means no team wants him, not because Leicester do not want to sell. Only on Own goal and completesports pages will you ever see reports about a bid or that Klopp is a huge admirer and other falsified information.

Ndidi is better than onazi ,no need of this your long talk

A player with more than 80 Epl starts ,playing almost all the available Epl games all season doing well ?

I know you are trying to proove a point by saying no team is coming for him

Save your self the stress,if you are trying to proove onazi is better then you are joking .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
edi287:

He is but still has a long way to go...

All 22 year old players have a long way to go ,he is not busquets nah

But the dude is good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
forgiveness:

The same Onazi that played in the Seria A is tactically indiscipline? shocked grin

Besides, Onazi played mostly as a CM in Italy.

How many Seria A defensive midfielders are discipline?

You don forget say na Italy be master for gra gra ?

Onazi should still be in Seria A at his age ,I don't know why someone will leave a better league and go to turkey at the age of 24 then .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5817) (5818) (5819) (5820) (5821) (5822) (5823) ... (16098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.