Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,205 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11320547 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5951) (5952) (5953) (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) ... (16040) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:04pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

So taison and Fred are strikers that they must score many goals ?

Fred and taison are midfielders oga ,if dey like make dem no score many goals ,Malcom is a winger okay and William Jose is a striker ,your lies 2 much you think you can just tell me nonsense and I will believe ? You are comparing midfielders to striker ,a striker need to score goals to make a team and not midfielders

Kayode has played only 9 league games this season and score 1 goal is that a good stats ? So na only 9 league games shaktar don play this season for league ?

Lol no sane coach will drop a player from shaktar for lesser league even if the player is not scoring goals ? You are very funny

Wetin consign me and danish league ? Do you have a beef with onuachu because he plays there ?

How many players from Belgium league dey make Belgium national team as talent full there ?

If Croatia keeper is from there and so what ?

4 goals over 2 seasons yet he will not let us hear word

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:06pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:

4 goals over 2 seasons yet he will not let us hear word

I am not saying he kayode is bad but this forgiveness ranting is 2 much

4 league goals in almost 2 season and he will not let us hear word

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:07pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

Where did I call iheanacho world class ? It seems you don't understand simple English

Your only World class are mikel and Ndidi

So when did I mention iheanacho and success and even nwakali ? I said all your players in eagles are average apart from those 2 so it included iheanacho and everyone else

Stop disgracing your self ,you know better .

The way forgiveness twists things. In 2016 Tbaba wrote out a list of top 5 Nigerian World Class Teenagers from the 2013 and 2015 U17 sets. He mentioned Iheanacho, Success, Yahaya, Osimhen and K. Nwakali and excluded Awoniyi. That is what he is trying to twist from '' were World Class Teenagers'' to ''are World Class Players''. Him no gree pessin rest again grin

Forgiveness honestly, you will make a terrible Lawyer. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:08pm On May 16, 2019
that is his motus operandi once he gets cornered introduce an unrelated issue or name to muddle up the argument.

trick is always keep him stuck to the main point and leave him to confuse himself with unnecessary additions

andrew444:

I told him Bt he is trying to twist things as usual

The only 2 players that are not average are Ndidi and mikel

He should tell me where did I mention iheanacho ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:09pm On May 16, 2019
Hmm Volume up+Power button = Screenshot grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
that is his motus operandi once he gets cornered introduce an unrelated issue or name to muddle up the argument.

trick is always keep him stuck to the main point and leave him to confuse himself with unnecessary additions

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:10pm On May 16, 2019
correction 4 goals in All! competitions so far over 2 seasons

andrew444:

I am not saying he kayode is bad but this forgiveness ranting is 2 much

4 league goals in almost 2 season and he will not let us hear word

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2019
Icon4s:

The way forgiveness twists things. In 2016 Tbaba wrote out a list of top 5 Nigerian World Class Teenagers from the 2013 and 2015 U17 sets. He mentioned Iheanacho, Success, Yahaya, Osimhen and K. Nwakali and excluded Awoniyi. That is what he is trying to twist from '' were World Class Teenagers'' to ''are World Class Players''. Him no gree pessin rest again grin

Forgiveness honestly, you will make a terrible Lawyer. grin
Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
correction 4 goals in All! competitions so far over 2 seasons

That's only league goals

He scored some in the cup games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:16pm On May 16, 2019
Future Eagles U15

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:17pm On May 16, 2019
iSlayer2:
I'm gonna be blunt. I think the argument on including Awoniyi is mostly biased driven. Yeah.

Awoniyi has not had a great season by any standards. During the first half of the season he was nowhere, we feared for the boy's career. It was only during the new loan at his former loan club Mouscron that he banged in a few decisive ones here and there but still nowhere near that top level at all.

Now put him side by side with the other attackers invited. He can't compete an established striker like Ighalo Onuachu has had a great season and when eventually he was invited he put in a convincing performance. He can't even compete with Osimhen who plays in the same league. Osimhen has been a monster. Down to Iheanacho, based on pedigree, Iheanacho has it going for him. You can't invite an unproven Awoniyi who has not had a great season in place of a tested Iheanacho.

I would suggest someone else performing at a decent level be invited in place of Iheanacho. Currently. Awoniyi is not that person.

Bros, your Lunch is on me.

And to make it bad ''Awoniyi fronters'' are already attaching tribal coloration to it all.

The National Team is for all Nigerians. Any player that deserves an invite will be invited. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:19pm On May 16, 2019
just checked again it's all competitions 3 league goals one in the cup

andrew444:

That's only league goals

He scored some in the cup games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2019
grin

To be honest, none of our present Players is above Average, I mean none. Ndidi, Mikel, and Iwobi can be classed as Average Players. I rated Mikel coz he has paid his Dues. I rated Ndidi coz he's steadily on the Rise, in fact I want him at United next Season. I rated Iwobi coz he fought his way into the starting XI at a big Club like Arsenal.

The rest are upcoming Stars and below average Players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:22pm On May 16, 2019
i personally feel awoniyi is worthy of an invite but i won't stand logic on it's head to defend my opinion

Icon4s:

And to make it bad ''Awoniyi fronters'' are already attaching tribal coloration to it all.

The National Team is for all Nigerians. Any player that deserves an invite will be invited. wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:23pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
just checked again it's all competitions 3 league goals one in the cup

Oh ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
i personally feel awoniyi is worthy of an invite but i won't stand logic on it's head to defend my opinion

Suggest one of the CFs Rohr ought to have snubbed to accommodate him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:25pm On May 16, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

To be honest, none of our present Players is above Average, I mean none. Ndidi, Mikel, and Iwobi can be classed as Average Players. I rated Mikel coz he has paid his Dues. I rated Ndidi coz he's steadily on the Rise, in fact I want him at United next Season. I rated Iwobi coz he fought his way into the starting XI at a big Club like Arsenal.

I don already talk am

Thou I am giving mikel and Ndidi world class ,my opinion sha ,it might be different from yours

The rest are average and below average players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:34pm On May 16, 2019
he's definitely better than ajayi who is on the stand by list. on merit he deserves to be there in place of iheanacho

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:43pm On May 16, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

What of Onyekuru?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

I don already talk am

Thou I am giving mikel and Ndidi world class ,my opinion sha ,it might be different from yours

The rest are average and below average players

grin

We should stop rating Lagos on the same Scale with New York or Dubai pls. They are not world class except we wanna fool ourselves here. How much is their market value?! What's their rates globally?!

Let's desist from taking Solace in Falsehood, even the mentioned Players know they ain't World Class.

You wanna talk World Class?! Mane, Salah, Aubameyang, Koulibaly are currently world class African Players. Kaita, Pepe, Mahrez and Co are simply above Average.

Ndidi has the potential to cross above the Lineup, if he doesn't let the hypes get to him and rather focus on his fulfilling Career.

BTW..... If I am Chuks, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Awoniyi and other upcoming Stars, I will never visit this Thread. Infact I will do everything technologically possible to block Nairaland from appearing on while google Searching for Information.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:47pm On May 16, 2019
Earthquake3:

What of Onyekuru?

Upcoming!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:50pm On May 16, 2019
Oasis007:

Upcoming!

More than 50 goals you say upcoming

Has Iwobi up to 20 goals and assists combined?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 16, 2019
LMAO!

These arguments are amusing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:11pm On May 16, 2019
Icon4s:

to be honest all the Cfs invited are way ahead of him in the pecking order.
paul scored in the his first match for the super eagles against a renowned
opponent like the Egyptian.
Oshimen proved his worth against the libyans in asaba...had it been Awoniyi scored those goals
i.e the hat trick oshimen scored i doubt Rohr to have ignored his inclusion into the super eagles team
remember Okereke got an invitee for the next super eagles match against egypt from his display in that
match...that to tell you how rohr rated that Libya match...he watched the match himself.

and for nacho... rohr actually picked because of past exploits we all here know rohr does not really rate the belgian league
the time is just too short to try new players... and after all awoniyi is not that prolific compared to the invited players...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:15pm On May 16, 2019
Oasis007:

Upcoming!
the problem with us nigerians...
is had it been Onyekuru and co where nationals of other
africa countries especially francophone countries
many here won't have let us rest with the hype...some
would even make us to grow fears for this players, but
because they are nigerians they are upcoming talents.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:22pm On May 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
he's definitely better than ajayi who is on the stand by list. on merit he deserves to be there in place of iheanacho

how many matches has Awoniyi played for the super eagles?
how many goals has he scored?

i thought by now we should know that club football is different
from country football...
the fact that a player scores for his club at will does not mean he will do same for
his country...the Libya match was a perfect example that shows that the Lad will need so much time to settle down
in the super eagles and that time we don't have now as afcon approaches.... we need players with major experience
when it comes to playing africa oppositions..

take it from me...if i was the coach...i will swiftly replace nacho with ajayi...
Dude play his football in egypt he understands the terrain, some of his team
mates will be playing for the egyptian come when the tourney starts, He would
have likely be he joker of the team and for awoniyi dude is not that clinical or prolific
compared to the invited strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:12pm On May 16, 2019
andrew444:

So taison and Fred are strikers that they must score many goals ?

Fred and taison are midfielders oga ,if dey like make dem no score many goals ,Malcom is a winger okay and William Jose is a striker ,your lies 2 much you think you can just tell me nonsense and I will believe ? You are comparing midfielders to striker ,a striker need to score goals to make a team and not midfielders

Kayode has played only 9 league games this season and score 1 goal is that a good stats ? So na only 9 league games shaktar don play this season for league ?

Lol no sane coach will drop a player from shaktar for lesser league even if the player is not scoring goals ? You are very funny

Wetin consign me and danish league ? Do you have a beef with onuachu because he plays there ?

How many players from Belgium league dey make Belgium national team as talent full there ?

If Croatia keeper is from there and so what ?

So Malcolm is a striker? I see.

Taison is a confirm winger.

Why was Malcolm who scored more goals dropped?

Who was the highest Brazilian goalscorer in Europe top 5 leagues?

Was it not Willems Jose? Why was he dropped?

We are talking about last season, so stick to that. But you lied about Kayode's last season stats? Why?

How many players from the Danish team makes their team? That's the normal question you suppose to ask. Belgium league contributed more than 18 players to the last world cup.

You should not hide behind better league when it favours you but suddenly shy away from it when it doesn't favour you.

It's easier for a player in the Belgium league to make National teams unlike the Danish league. Fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:14pm On May 16, 2019
Icon4s:

You are the most cunning tribalist here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2019
Ndidi makes EPL team of the season....and some dudes will say that he is not world class

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2019
forgiveness:

So Malcolm is a striker? I see.

Taison is a confirm winger.

Why was Malcolm who scored more goals dropped?

Who was the highest Brazilian goalscorer in Europe top 5 leagues?

Was it not Willems Jose? Why was he dropped?

We are talking about last season, so stick to that. But you lied about Kayode's last season stats? Why?

How many players from the Danish team makes their team? That's the normal question you suppose to ask. Belgium league contributed more than 18 players to the last world cup.

You should not hide behind better league when it favours you but suddenly shy away from it when it doesn't favour you.

It's easier for a player in the Belgium league to make National teams unlike the Danish league. Fact

William Jose was dropped because the coach prefer Gabriel Jesus and firmino

Belgium league is better than danish

Denmark have better players outside their league okay

I will not answer the rest of your questions because I am tired of repeating my self and I am tired of correcting you ,you can keep on twisting your arguement till next year .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Ndidi makes EPL team of the season....and some dudes will say that he is not world class

This is not Epl team of the year

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:55pm On May 16, 2019
Samueltemi337:

This na wack list, he didnt make the official list

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5951) (5952) (5953) (5954) (5955) (5956) (5957) ... (16040) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Eligreat247, ChrisKels, BankyGee(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.