Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11537308 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) ... (16098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:30am On Jun 26, 2019
comodo:

Chief, we should talking about consistency. Not up today down tomorrow. How consistent was Sone, since Rohr came in

Sone play in the national due inconsistency but due to the fact that he didn't give ejunge.

I don't want to argue to much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:36am On Jun 26, 2019
I hope you also share this same sentiment when your parents and elderly ones are owed their pension and entitlements.

You should also say "ehn you must have enough money by now to take care of yourself, go home and sit down".

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2019
darkelf:
My Personal opinion about this years AFCON:

1 It is the worst in recent years

2 Nigeria won't win. Our greatest undoing would be the GK and our Coach especially

3 Senegal would reach the finals

4 Uganda would reach the Semis

5 Mane would cement his place as Africa's best

grin cheesy

I disagree with point 1,dis years afcon play has been competitive, unlike b4 where we would av already knw d quarter finals slot even b4 d competition starts

Bar d attendance,I think d tournament is living up to expectations. smiley

Point 2...are u talking abt d tournament? If yes,well as a fan,I want us to carry d trophy

Point 4....Uganda is getting knocked out in d 2nd round ,highest quarterfinals wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:46am On Jun 26, 2019
ChrisKels:

Sorry bro, but, Simon is the third choice right/left winger in the Super Eagles, in fact, he is so down the pecking order, that Rohr now views him as a makeshift left/right full back behind Awaziem(in the absence of Shehu and Aina). The first choice wingers in the team are LW- Musa and Onyekuru, RW - Kalu and Chukwueze. With Kalu fit, Simon will only get a chance as a full back, otherwise, nothing for him, Rohr has already confirmed it here;

''The other day in the last training session
we lost two players, Collins through injury
and Kalu with this incident and two other
players replaced them and they did well.
''Ola did well, Chukwueze did well. They
replaced Kalu and Collins who were
supposed to start the match in the last
moment."

BTW, can u prove that Simon was as good as Kalu when both were at Gent?

He claimed Kalu is better than Simon even when Kalu didn't play for two months. Does that make sense?

Simon is a Gent Legend. That can't be said of Kalu.

Simon has done better than Kalu in the National team. Can you dispute that?

Chukwueze and Kalu are RWs. Simon is not fighting for RW position but LW, and we know Ahmed Musa is the first choice.

All that full back talk doesn't change anything. Onazi played RB in 2013 AFCON. Does that mean he was not good enough? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:48am On Jun 26, 2019
iSlayer:
I hope you also share this same sentiment when your parents and elderly ones are owed their pension and entitlements.

You should also say "ehn you must have enough money by now to take care of yourself, go home and sit down".

I don't even get d notion where our peeps re coming from.....whether dey re rich or not,pay d workers his wages b4 his sweat dries

If d officials/politician are not denied deir own wages/salaries,y do dt to our players? undecided

And no b say NFF get better retirement scheme to take of our players when dey leave d game

Abeg make dem collect deir money,and if dey refuse to pay,dey shld just go back to deir various club where dey re well.appreciated wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:49am On Jun 26, 2019
comodo:

Even if SE fans have guns & were told to select a team for each match, they will finish themselves while arguing who will be in and who should be out. If Rohr is not in-charge, kudos to whoever is, cos its not easy to get +90% in players selection for any tournament I rest my case

Selection are mixture of man no man and merit just to deceive the public. Na still corruption. You can just justify corruption as much as you like.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2019
elyte89:

I don't even get d notion where our peeps re coming from.....whether dey re rich or not,pay d workers his wages b4 his sweat dries

If d officials/politician are not denied deir own wages/salaries,y do dt to our players? undecided

And no b say NFF get better retirement scheme to take of our players when dey leave d game

Abeg make dem collect deir money,and if dey refuse to pay,dey shld just go back to deir various club where dey re well.appreciated wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:53am On Jun 26, 2019
andrew444:

Bros we should not start this arguement nah

You know the last time you said this I supported you not just because I want to support just because that's my opinion also

Kalu is new to the national team ,we all know this

Please drop this arguement ,make another arguement no go start again ,maybe you want Moses Simon to start and he is not starting ,even the same kalu is not also starting because of his health,'make we support anybody wey play than to dey compare who good pass

This is not about who starts. It is about correcting wrong information.

How can a sane fan want Simon, Kalu or Onyekuru to start ahead of Chukwueze and Musa?

These are the first choice for me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:

Ezenwa was injured just on recovering mood... Now second choice not

Ezenwa is not good enough for the national team. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

He claimed Kalu is better than Simon even when Kalu didn't play for two months. Does that make sense?

Simon is a Gent Legend. That can't be said of Kalu.

Simon has done better than Kalu in the National team. Can you dispute that?

Chukwueze and Kalu are RWs. Simon is not fighting for RW position but LW, and we know Ahmed Musa is the first choice.

All that full back talk doesn't change anything. Onazi played RB in 2013 AFCON. Does that mean he was not good enough? grin

If he prefers match rusty, unfit Kalu to Simon, then, that tells u something about the gulf in class between the two players grin

Since Kalu joined the national team, he has been head and shoulders above Simon QED.

Oh Simon is no longer fighting with Kalu? Lol even at the LW position, Simon is still the third choice behind Musa and Onyekuru grin

Really all that full back doesn't change anything? Lol maybe u didnt follow Simon this past season to know he isnt a winger no more but a full back/ wing back grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2019
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV3G9vQWSQo

Nigeria's training ahead of Guinea six pointer

Boring AFCON. Empty stadiums everywhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:04am On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

This is not about who starts. It is about correcting wrong information.

How can a sane fan want Simon, Kalu or Onyekuru to start ahead of Chukwueze and Musa?

These are the first choice for me.

people self ,so they want others players to start ahead of musa and chukwueze ? No

I am one of onyekuru biggest fan ,but musa and chuks should be starting ,then Simon or onyekuru can come from the bench ,I don't know about kalu health at the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

Boring AFCON. Empty stadiums everywhere.

Dere re no boring matches so far

But empty stadiums...yes

cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:36am On Jun 26, 2019
ChrisKels:

If he prefers match rusty, unfit Kalu to Simon, then, that tells u something about the gulf in class between the two players grin

Since Kalu joined the national team, he has been head and shoulders above Simon QED.

Oh Simon is no longer fighting with Kalu? Lol even at the LW position, Simon is still the third choice behind Musa and Onyekuru grin

Really all that full back doesn't change anything? Lol maybe u didnt follow Simon this past season to know he isnt a winger no more but a full back/ wing back grin

It is obvious you don't know anything. grin

Kalu and Chukwueze are the two competing for RW slot though Kalu is the first choice (but things might have changed after Chukwueze impressed). Simon is not competing for the RW because that's not his position in the national team. Fact. See snapshot below

How many freekick goal has Kalu scored?

How many goals have Kalu scored for the SE?

Simon was one of Nigeria's best player during the world cup qualifiers yet you are talking about Kalu. grin

Ahmed Musa is the LW first choice but nobody knows who is the second choice between Simon and Onyekuru.

Simon played as a winger too in La Liga. Stop giving false information.

Ps: the last snapshot is Kalu's stats with the national team. 99% RW

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2019
andrew444:

people self ,so they want others players to start ahead of musa and chukwueze ? No

I am one of onyekuru biggest fan ,but musa and chuks should be starting ,then Simon or onyekuru can come from the bench ,I don't know about kalu health at the moment

Na so I see am. D thing just tire me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:45am On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

[s]It is obvious you don't know anything. grin

Kalu and Chukwueze are the two competing for RW slot though Kalu is the first choice. Simon is not competing for the RW because that's not his position in the national team. Fact. See snapshot below

How many freekick goal has Kalu scored?

How many goals have Kalu scored for the SE?

Simon was one Nigeria's best player during the world cup qualifiers yet you are talking about Kalu. grin

Ahmed Musa is the LW first choice and nobody knows who is the second choice between Simon and Onyekuru.

Simon played as a winger too in La Liga. Stop giving false information.

Ps: the last snapshot is Kalu's stats with the national team. 99% RW[/s]

Everything Simon achieved in Eagles Jersey, he did before Kalu emerged. Ever since Kalu came aboard the ship, Simon has done nothing to be counted. This is fact, not feeling grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2019
ChrisKels:

Everything Simon achieved in Eagles Jersey, he did before Kalu emerged. Ever since Kalu came aboard the ship, Simon has done nothing to be counted. This is fact, not feeling grin

See fact not feelings. grin

Snapshot 1. Moses Simon 4 goals with 2 assists in 20 matches. Minus a goal. grin

Snapshot 2. Samuel Kalu 1 goal with two assists in 6 matches. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2019
krattoss:
u can't really blame them.
They re used to saner climes where alert hits every Friday irrespective of whether they kick the ball or not.

I personally think there is nothing wrong in what they did. The light protest of boycotting press conference night have been exaggerated.
And I think they might have reasoned that if they hadn't done the light protest, payment might even escalate.

Take a look at falcons and our u20..once they were knocked out, the bonus news and entitlement fiddled out..no one cared again..

These guys are big guys,u can't compare them to peanut salary workers who solely depend on their salaries.
Its not everybody u can fvck with and get away with it.

LOL....peanut salary workers?

Wow....you guys really have respect for your work force in Nigeria, no wonder they are underpaid and underappreciated. Let me catch anybody that will come and tell me trash about any ex-International needing money again, if they are big guys, they should remain in their clubs next time.

It was only the bonus from the Burundi match they hadn't been paid. The money was on ground, it was just to transfer the cash to their accounts, these 'big boys' wanted the money in dollars, so, NFF was processing it, but these same big boys decided to act like little babies, and once again embarass the entire country for how much?

I don't know what you people call big boys, but the big boys I know, don't disturb anybody and make a raucous on top bonus money.

A lot of people are ignoring salient facts, just so we can hang the NFF as usual.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:04am On Jun 26, 2019
ChrisKels:

Simon has done nothing to be counted but stared in all the world cup qualifiers matches save one. Bhuhahahaha!

You watch back of your TV? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:07am On Jun 26, 2019
iSlayer:
Even the world's richest footballers get paid as at when due. Nobody tells them "Bros, you already have enough money to buy some countries, so your next payment will delay no vex" Nobody reasons like that. Nobody will also tell you "shebi it's ordinary football you're playing, you're not carrying cement so you can wait". Nobody will say such a thing.

It's all good o.

If they wanted payment as at when due, they should have collected it in the Naira they were offered.

Do we make transactions in dollars in Nigeria? Big boys said they want dollars, so, they had to do the exchange for them, and they told them it would take time, but big boys (in baby leagues) want to hold the country to ransome because of that.

When last did NFF owe the Super Eagles?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:10am On Jun 26, 2019
iSlayer:

how many times have you spoken for the pensioneers?

Do people's parents get paid thousands of dollars per week and consequently demand pension? What is the minimum wage in Nigeria, compared to the pay of tge average footballer?

Please, keep this energy the next time another footballer is sick and/or impoverished, then someone starts disturbing us as if they were government workers.

These 'peanut salary' workers are not important, let us fight for the big boys whose money has been set.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:12am On Jun 26, 2019
I hope Chukwueze watched Mali and Ghana s matches to see how left-footers shoot to score...especially Mali

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ObaOni(m): 11:52am On Jun 26, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:54am On Jun 26, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:55am On Jun 26, 2019
safarigirl:

If they wanted payment as at when due, they should have collected it in the Naira they were offered.

Do we make transactions in dollars in Nigeria? Big boys said they want dollars, so, they had to do the exchange for them, and they told them it would take time, but big boys (in baby leagues) want to hold the country to ransome because of that.

When last did NFF owe the Super Eagles?

Yada yada yada. That dollars naira news stinks of bullsh!t so I didn't go with it, therefore I did not comment on it. Afterall they said they'd paid earlier "but the transaction is delaying". Later still they said Buhari yesterday released money to them. Bullsh!t upon bullsh!t. I don't go with such news but you remain free to do so.

Your statement takes nothing away from the fact that it is up to the NFF to SORT THINGS OUT AS AT WHEN DUE!

Please.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

See fact not feelings. grin

Snapshot 1. Moses Simon 4 goals with 2 assists in 20 matches. Minus a goal. grin

Snapshot 2. Samuel Kalu 1 goal with two assists in 6 matches. grin

Lol u funny bro, when did Kalu join the team? That should be the basis of ur argument and comparison not things that happened when he wasn't there.

Since Kalu joined the team, what has been his input compared to Simon's? Let me rephrase, since the world cup ended, what has Simon done for the Eagles compared to Kalu?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
safarigirl:
how many times have you spoken for the pensioneers?

Do people's parents get paid thousands of dollars per week and consequently demand pension? What is the minimum wage in Nigeria, compared to the pay of tge average footballer?

Please, keep this energy the next time another footballer is sick and/or impoverished, then someone starts disturbing us as if they were government workers.

These 'peanut salary' workers are not important, let us fight for the big boys whose money has been set.

Because I used an analogy involving pensioners you now ask me "how many times" I speak up for pensioners?!

That is exactly how an argument loses its essence and direction. Rubbish!

No need to tackle anything here.

Good day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
iSlayer:

Yada yada yada. That dollars naira news stinks of bullsh!t so I didn't go with it, therefore I did not comment on it. Afterall they said they'd paid earlier "but the transaction is delaying". Later still they said Buhari yesterday released money to them. Bullsh!t upon bullsh!t. I don't go with such news but you remain free to do so.

Your statement takes nothing away from the fact that it is up to the NFF to SORT THINGS OUT AS AT WHEN DUE!

Please.

that you did not go with it does not make it less true.

I see how you plan to be objective with your view from one spectrum, so, keep up with that, but let me not catch you advocating for any ex-international on another day

If you want to be an activist, do it for the truly oppressed. You cannot be supporting rich people and think you are doing the world a favor, they don't need your support.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
iSlayer:

Because I used an analogy involving pensioners you now ask me "how many times" I speak up for pensioners?!

That is exactly how an argument loses its essence and direction. Rubbish!

No need to tackle anything here.

Good day.
You've been talking rubbish all day, and tainting the entire place with ignorance and half truths, choosing what you wish to believe and what you want to ignore.

Negro, choose another battle, this one is beyond you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

Simon has done nothing to be counted but stared in all the world cup qualifiers matches save one. Bhuhahahaha!

You watch back of your TV? grin

Those are past glories bkus Kalu wasnt in contention during the world cup qualifiers. Kalu came during the Afcon qualifiers (after the world cup), and throughout the Afcon qualifiers Kalu did better than Simon. Finito
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

Sone play in the national due inconsistency but due to the fact that he didn't give ejunge.

I don't want to argue to much.

But for Keshi to use him, since Keshi was corrupt according to you then Some must have paid egunje at that time. Why can't he do the same thing he did when Keshi invited him?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2019
safarigirl:
You've been talking rubbish all day, and tainting the entire place with ignorance and half truths, choosing what you wish to believe and what you want to ignore.

Negro, choose another battle, this one is beyond you.

Yes Caucasian I do find this battle of stupidity and brutishness you've launched on my opinion and person to be beyond me. I've summarily chosen another. Thank you..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) ... (16098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.