Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients (26546 Views)

Reason Why Private Hospitals Are Termed Wicked, A Case Of An OAU Lecturer(pics) / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) / ‘Doctor’ Sucks Patients’ Sperm In Minna, Niger State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by helpee(m): 8:00am On Apr 03, 2016
teechudleyy:

One would think you were too good to reply me. But here you are with all your education and intelligence, beating the same point, even though the person u are talking to already got.the point. You now resort to the cheap and immature attitude of insulting a person. I hope that makes your sunday. As for me, i will be the bigger person and ignore you. Your intelligence is questionable and u sound too hungry to reason with.
lol. i will reply to massage your ego so you will know you are indeed BIGGER. hungry? l laugh in spanish coming from somebody that spent 20dollars in a hospital only to start looking for 460 naira receipt from a roadside chemist to compare. By the way, i was forced to see through your profile just now only to realise ive been discussing serious issues with a kid whose only passion is CARTOON AND CLOTHS. Forgive my ignorance please. As a teneeger you tend to be inquisitive and to assume yo know more than what you dont know. enjoy your CARTOON today....my bigger aunty
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by teechudleyy(f): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2016
helpee:
lol. i will reply to massage your ego so you will know you are indeed BIGGER. hungry? l laugh in spanish coming from somebody that spent 20dollars in a hospital only to start looking for 460 naira receipt from a roadside chemist to compare. By the way, i was forced to see through your profile just now only to realise ive been discussing serious issues with a kid whose only passion is CARTOON AND CLOTHS. Forgive my ignorance please. As a teneeger you tend to be inquisitive and to assume yo know more than what you dont know. enjoy your CARTOON today....my bigger aunty

Omg! did you just call peder mork monsteads work he did before dying in 1941 cartoon? A danish artists oil on canvass work? you just betrayed yourself. I wont say much. Thank so much for letting me see im truly bigger. Jesus! Contemporary art is cartoon kwa!

D only thing u know is how to change naira to dollar. God will deal with that person who forced u to look at someones profile.

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by helpee(m): 8:12am On Apr 03, 2016
teechudleyy:

Omg! did you just call peder mork monsteads work he did before dying in 1941 cartoon? A danish artists oil on canvass work? you just betrayed yourself. I wont say much. Thank so much for letting me see im truly bigger. Jesus! Contemporary art is cartoon kwa!
Obiorathesubtle is right... I do love cartoons, anime, manga... You name it. People think the TV is always on the kids TV because of baby bop... But between you and I... wink

I play games too... Assassins creed, splinter cell, u name it. I don't do PES because it annoys me when I'm just chilling and I hear "hmn... A girl that plays PES. That's d dream" I'm always like how does that validate content of character? She wouldn't be able to play with you once you are married anyway because while your eyes are fixated on your screen, and your thumbs ache... She's busy waiting for the palmoil to get hot enough so she can pour in pepper and prepare your dinner.
For shame! In other news sha... I played PES 2016. Its awesome. And Fifa is crap I agree. But if any boy asks me... I just say uh PES? I that a verb? BY TEECHUDLEYY feb 4, 2016. enjoy youur cartoon once again kid[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by teechudleyy(f): 8:16am On Apr 03, 2016
helpee:
Obiorathesubtle is right... I do love cartoons, anime, manga... You name it. People think the TV is always on the kids TV because of baby bop... But between you and I... wink

I play games too... Assassins creed, splinter cell, u name it. I don't do PES because it annoys me when I'm just chilling and I hear "hmn... A girl that plays PES. That's d dream" I'm always like how does that validate content of character? She wouldn't be able to play with you once you are married anyway because while your eyes are fixated on your screen, and your thumbs ache... She's busy waiting for the palmoil to get hot enough so she can pour in pepper and prepare your dinner.
For shame! In other news sha... I played PES 2016. Its awesome. And Fifa is crap I agree. But if any boy asks me... I just say uh PES? I that a verb? BY TEECHUDLEYY feb 4, 2016. enjoy youur cartoon once again kid

Lol! a new level of psychosis. this is getting interesting! I hope u get to learn something frm my diary dear. thanks. Only a backwards unintelligent person would try ti rate people by der interests. Lol! i own all this o!
Now bro own ur joblessness!

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by helpee(m): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2016
teechudleyy:

Lol! a new level of psychosis. this is getting interesting! I hope u get to learn something frm my diary dear. thanks. Only a backwards unintelligent person would try ti rate people by der interests. Lol! i own all this o!
Now bro own ur joblessness!

so next time, talk about only what you know and owns.....CARTOON and kid games. i thought you said it is contemporary art. let us talk about what we know which is healthcare. By the way, we are negotiating with a state govt to set up a medical village adjacent to lagos. it is a multibillion naira project and will take off by HIS GRACE come 2017. i hope you wont come there asking for 20naira panadol. i just have your time today. i am only using you to relax after a strenous week. now you can gerrrrout of my mention
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by teechudleyy(f): 8:28am On Apr 03, 2016
helpee:
so next time, talk about only what you know and owns.....CARTOON and kid games. i thought you said it is contemporary art. let us talk about what we know which is healthcare. By the way, we are negotiating with a state govt to set up a medical village adjacent to lagos. it is a multibillion naira project and will take off by HIS GRACE come 2017. i hope you wont come there asking for 20naira panadol. i just have your time today. i am only using you to relax after a strenous week. now you can gerrrrout of my mention

U are as dumb as a rock. Beating up a dead horse. You cannot read, or comprehend, and im concerned for ur existence. Apparently, i dont deserve medical care because i watch cartoons and LOVE it. My profile picture is d comtemporary art.

I hope doctors are patient enough to go thru a patients problems d way you carry ur honurable self to skim thru a persons diary to make a point. You just showed off blatant stupidity in doing so. Ur too irrelevant fr me to do same. Ur mentioning me and asking me to leave ur mentions. God is trying o.

Hope u guys pay d contractors well to do a good job so it wont add to another abandoned or collapsed project. Also a quality pjt like ur saying in dis country has never come to completion within a year. And ur still negotiating. Shows how little u know abt construction too.

Ur even trying to defend ur waste of space. I pray you find what ur looking for in life. Maybe that will make u a better person.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by Vanpascore(m): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2016
naijafresh:

There is nothing wrong in a doctor using google search to prescribe a drug, at least he knows where to look.

What would you rather have? The doctor just guesses any drug and any dose or he checks a reputable source online for the information?

Doctors use reference material all the time, it is the sign of a conscientious doctor who wants to do what is right not a quack

I now concur
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by nonix22(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2016
Vanpascore:
May God help us in ds country. I av seen a doctor using google search to prescribe drug
Gbam! I have seen personally. A young female Doctor in well known hospital in Abuja. I was just stunned. Perhaps, after she must have crammed to scale thru medical school.
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by nonix22(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2016
Vanpascore:
May God help us in ds country. I av seen a doctor using google search to prescribe drug
Gbam! I have seen personally as well. A young female Doctor in well known hospital in Abuja. I was just stunned. Perhaps, after she must have crammed to scale thru medical school.
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by nonix22(m): 10:09am On Apr 03, 2016
banio:
Private is still better than government hospitals. At least they listen and act. Govt hospitals have too many doctors and they don't listen. I lost my daughter due to govt hospital negligence. It was obvious that she was losing strength, yet doctors never bothered to act. I finally lost her.

If not for cost, private are better though they have their lapses
oh God. so sorry. smh. mctwee
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by ojac1: 10:10am On Apr 03, 2016
I can tell u are a Johesu member! That's all.
UkanirehMkpongke:
The major problem in Nigeria healthcare delivery system is that some of our Physicians are too self centred. They don't even want other health Professionals to contribute to the well being of the patients. Unlike other developed countries of the world, a Doctor can't prescribe without the help of a Pharmacist, a Dr can't diagnose without proper laboratory procedures. But here in Nigeria a Dr wants to do everything and at the end patients are dying while some are suffering from the sickness they didn't go to the hospital with.

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by driyke007(m): 10:16am On Apr 03, 2016
nonix22:

Gbam! I have seen personally as well. A young female Doctor in well known hospital in Abuja. I was just stunned. Perhaps, after she must have crammed to scale thru medical school.
wow you guys it's no longer funny. There is nothing wrong in crosschecking a prescription dosage for crying out loud. In every consulting room there is a drug formulary for doctor's use because there are thousands of medications and different dosages for different age groups, contra indications, side effects etc. it is a safe doctor that crosschecks his prescription and you should be happy. Over years of practice older doctors tend to remember more dosages, but the key thing is that the doctor is giving you the right medication and has made the right diagnosis

7 Likes

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by teechudleyy(f): 10:27am On Apr 03, 2016
nonix22:

No. Theres nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by driyke007(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2016
I also read someone say a doctor can't make a diagnosis without a lab test which is untrue. In fact in the laboratory form you send to a laboratory you are required to write your provisional diagnosis. In standard centres your lab request will be returned if you don't have a working diagnosis. What the lab does is to confirm your diagnosis. Now nobody is saying doing labs is not important, it's an essential part of medical practice but in most cases treatment is commenced based on your provisional diagnosis before your labs come out. that is standard worldwide practice. Nigeria has its own peculiarities. If you work in a general Hospital for example labs that should take fifteen minutes may take up to a day either due to workload or lack of reagents or no light etc. Some assays take weeks to get results. Some tests are expensive and patients can't afford them. Some tests can't be done in our locality. So what happens is that the doctors tend to work longer with their provisional diagnosis in this part of the world which with good clinical skills is fairly accurate.

5 Likes

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by powerdiode(m): 10:44am On Apr 03, 2016
Crusiant clinic, Ilupeju, Adeshiyan street is one of them ... I had an accident with my car and a keke napep guy and had to take two men with bruise to the clinic and the doctor cleaned the wound. After that i ask for my bill and the doctor said 70k for cleaning 2 bruise legs. No broken leg, no stitches ....... And I was asking the doctor before he start treatment for my charge he did not say anything that until he finish treating them. OK show me the break down of how you come about 70k the nurse said he can't show me ..... After so much story I paid 60k since the car is on full insurance. To my greatest surprise the foolish doctor refuse to give me reciept to claim damages after making a transfer to his account. He says he is not sure the money enter into his account even after receiving alert twice. Please people around that environ take note. And I think there should be a regulating body for this private hospital .... It is becoming an issue with private hospitals this days.
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by sofadj(m): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2016
teechudleyy:

Why do u think we need to be caught up in the fantasies of movies to think we deserve some care? Look, we all know this is not even a developing country. Its underdeveloped. When i say mistreat, i dont mean malpractices... i meant the way they handle people, behave towards people.

My citations are from personal experience and therefore cannot be exhaustive of an apparent ill in our society we now see as normal

powerdiode:
Crusiant clinic, Ilupeju, Adeshiyan street is one of them ... I had an accident with my car and a keke napep guy and had to take two men with bruise to the clinic and the doctor cleaned the wound. After that i ask for my bill and the doctor said 70k for cleaning 2 bruise legs. No broken leg, no stitches ....... And I was asking the doctor before he start treatment for my charge he did not say anything that until he finish treating them. OK show me the break down of how you come about 70k the nurse said he can't show me ..... After so much story I paid 60k since the car is on full insurance. To my greatest surprise the foolish doctor refuse to give me reciept to claim damages after making a transfer to his account. He says he is not sure the money enter into his account even after receiving alert twice. Please people around that environ take note. And I think there should be a regulating body for this private hospital .... It is becoming an issue with private hospitals this days.

People here keep telling you that healthcare is expensive, because in your posts you kept emphasising the amount you paid - making it seem like you paid a huge amount.

Let me state what most patients and relatives don't know.
Healthcare is not just expensive, some charges are quatifiable most are not quantifiable.

Patients usually try to quantify the costs ( making the hospital seem like its a bakery or pharmacy store) when they come up with story such as they only gave drip and 2 tablets and asked me to pay 15,000 - how do you pay for the knowledge behind that decision?.

Hello, its not the drip or the tablet that he is selling - you could get that from a pharmacy store. It is the knowledge of the service that he is rendering that he is charging.

If you did not go to the hospital, could you have known if that friend sustained a fracture or not, could you have known what tests you needed? Could you have known if the discomfort you felt in your breast which scared you was cancer or not.

You go to a lawyer and he tells you what to do without selling you anything and charges you N20,000 for just giving his informed opinion on an issue. Some agents charge 50,000 or more for just telling you the process to get some things done. But when people come to hospitals they come with calculators in their head trying to calculate number of drips and cotton wool used. Since you know how much cotton wool and spirit costs why not go to where they're being sold and help yourself with it.

7 Likes

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by CircleOfWilis: 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
sofadj:

People here keep telling you that healthcare is expensive, because in your posts you kept emphasising the amount you paid - making it seem like you paid a huge amount.

Healthcare is not just expensive, some charges are quatifiable most are not quantifiable.

Patients usually try to quantify the costs ( making the hospital seem like its a bakery or pharmacy store) when they come up with story such as they only gave drip and 2 tablets and asked me to pay 15,000 - how do you pay for the knowledge behind that decision?.

Hello, its not the drip or the tablet that he is selling - you could get that from a pharmacy store. It is the knowledge of the service that he is rendering that he is charging.

If you did not go to the hospital, could you have known if that friend sustained a fracture or not, could you have known what tests you needed? Could you have known if the discomfort you felt in your breast which scared you was cancer or not.

You go to a lawyer and he tells you what to do without selling you anything and charges you N20,000 for just giving his informed opinion on an issue. Some agents charge 50,000 or more for just telling you the process to get some things done. But when people come to hospitals they come with calculators in their head trying to calculate number of drips and cotton wool used. Since you know how much cotton wool and spirit costs why not go to where they're being sold and help yourself with it.

abi o...

2 Likes

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by otokx(m): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
You can't plant cassava and expect to harvest cocoyam.

Service delivery in Nigeria is almost non existent, it is take it or leave it.

We have to rise above mediocrity and greed in all spheres of our life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by teechudleyy(f): 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
sofadj:

Oh mehn . The first one, I stated d price I paid for d drugs they gave to me, because It was given along with the receipts they got from the pharmacy they got it from.

The second one about mums health was that we paid up. We didn't owe, and the doctor did not give us full information when he was discharging us.
The third was in comparison to another hospital that treated me better for less.

There is a reason I stated the cost in those cases. Notice d other cases I didn't. It's not that they were completely free but the price was beside the point.

You people say I'm emphasising money without taking the purpose of those charges in the context into consideration. Obviously, u people will just defend everything one way or the other.

I would pay anything for the doctor to let me know I'm fine concerning the breast lump case. Also, he could av referred me to someone else. But he only told me they attend to women over forty.
It happens in my profession too. People try to assess why ur charging so much just to crunch some figures. But at least I treat my clients well as long as they pay my charges. That's my point pls.

I understand you. Only hope u understand me as well.

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by nefertitiram: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
eyinjuege:

So Mr Einstein, the doctors should wait for your CSF culture and sensitivity to come out before they start antibiotics? MCS takes like 3-5days to come out. Odi egwu

I totally agree with you here.

I was ill in the US, preliminary tests showed 'likely pylenephritis' but they could get d causative organism immediately. A culture and sens will take 3 days, so after taking d samples for confirmation, they began to treat with broad spectrum antibiotics intravenously to stabilize me, made me drink water non stop to flush the kidneys, made me pee into a measuring bucket for reasons best known to them.

When they results came out, they changed the IV antibiotics to tabs and I got better.

Point being generally, a good doc may go with what is generally practised while the tests are being carried out.

Or do we prefer he does nothing while waiting for result to come out?!
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by zaynie(f): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
I get where Teechuddley is coming from.
No matter how little or much you are charging, a Dr should endeavour to communicate with his patients and know when to refer or invite a specialist.
Its not the big money she is complaining about, its the attitude.

I use GH, even the hospital for my HMO, I dont send. At least in GH, I sometimes plan with the nurses so they don't put my file with the overbearing Dr that never listens to me.

Its not the patient's fault that the economy is so bad that your true worth isn't achieved (in Naira), its not our fault that the workload is killing.

If you are a Dr or aspiring to be one, dont see this topic as an insult, let it give you an insight to how your patient feels.
Be honest with yourselves....tell me one time you havent felt so disgusted with your Snrs with the way they spoke to a patient.

And Helpee, REALLY? How old are you? 5?
You had to go into her diary to dig out points and I am quite sure you didnt start from the beginning.
What if you knew her personally? You for don tear cloth o!
I can imagine what a fight between your siblings or spouse will look like. Plenty of mud!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by teechudleyy(f): 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
zaynie:
I get where Teechuddley is coming from.
No matter how little or much you are charging, a Dr should endeavour to communicate with his patients and know when to refer or invite a specialist.
Its not the big money she is complaining about, its the attitude.

I use GH, even the hospital for my HMO, I dont send. At least in GH, I sometimes plan with the nurses so they don't put my file with the overbearing Dr that never listens to me.

Its not the patient's fault that the economy is so bad that your true worth isn't achieved (in Naira), its not our fault that the workload is killing.

If you are a Dr or aspiring to be one, dont see this topic as an insult, let it give you an insight to how your patient feels.
Be honest with yourselves....tell me one time you havent felt so disgusted with your Snrs with the way they spoke to a patient.

And Helpee, REALLY? How old are you? 5?
You had to go into her diary to dig out points and I am quite sure you didnt start from the beginning.
What if you knew her personally? You for don tear cloth o!
I can imagine what a fight between your siblings or spouse will look like. Plenty of mud!

Pheew! if my gospel reaches only one person... it is not a waaaaist. Finally, someone who isnt out to abuse the docs or abuse d patients. I wasnt out to abuse any doctor neither was i unappreciative. All i wanted to talk about was the attitude o. God bless you zainee. Ignore that guy. His monicker screams helpmeee with a silent m. He should be helped. In every way.

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by armadeo(m): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
sofadj:

on a lighter note

A well known rich businessman's wife broke her hip. The businessman got the best bone surgeon in town to do the operation. The operation consisted of lining up the broken hip and putting in a screw to secure it. The operation went fine, and the doctor sent the business man a fee for his services of $5000. The businessman was outraged at the cost, and sent the doctor a letter demanding an itemized list of the costs. The doctor sent back a list with two things: 1 screw $1 Knowing how to put it in $4999 = $5000 total. The businessman never argued

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by Codyt(m): 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
teechudleyy:

I dont know much about ear problems. If not fr my nrothers case. Pls. Save ur bros hearing. Take him to lasuth. Before its too late. Deafness completely.turns a persons life around. And several opportunitirs are shut against them. Please. I pray all goes well. I'll try and contact my bros doctor. Whatever i find too, il mention u and let u know
Thank you for the concern. We are all trying to make things work for the best. U can imagine how life is for him. We haven't lost hope too. I'm anticipating your follow up/update. Thanks again cry
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by themanderon: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
sadly everything is going pear shape in this blasted country of ours crysadly everything is going pear shape in this blasted country of ours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by davidif: 5:22am On Oct 30, 2016
teechudleyy:
I had to post this because with the kinds of experiences I have had, I have come to lose trust in private hospitals and even my respect for young medics has really waned.

I will share three instances of my personal experiences with different hospitals.

1. My Little One was a bit down, and I was reluctant to take him to the family hospital in ikeja because it was a hot day so I saw a pharm at health plus who prescribed anti malaria drugs, ampiclox and multivitamins etc. I spend about one thousand five hundred naira getting the drugs.
But my MIL insisted we take him to the hospital even though he was already getting better the next day. Well, i took him down to our hospital and you wony believe I paid 2k for consultation. We went in to see d doc, and he asked a few questions like is it chest cough he has or is it throaty?( i was thinking...how wd i know. When ur d one wearing d stethoscope. Am i a doc to know types of cough? ) how is his temp. his appetite? doc didnt even check his eyes... i know that eye widening thing they do. He made it look like i was an over reacting mom.

After the q&a called consultation, he started scrawling in the prescription pad. I asked wnt u at least check the child? pls wat if something else is happening that isnt clear unless we check.
He said madam, additional check up will cost more money. So i shut up and collected d presc he wrote.
When i got there d lady asked me to pay 2000 naira and i did. She wrote me a receipt and i sat down. I waited 45 mins. My son was already sleepin. I asked the lady n she told me to calm down i will soon b attended to.
Just den,der messanger came in with a package and she just put it in d hospital bag and gave to me.

They were out of drugs. They went out to buy

What drugs?
paracetamol, vit c and bcomplex... D cheap brands o

And guess what... d chemists receipt was in d bag
It all cost 470 naira

I dnt mind consultation fee. But 2000 fr those drugs was extortion.

Medical attn is expensive, but i think some private hospitals take it too far.

Wow! This is crazy.
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by davidif: 5:38am On Oct 30, 2016
ashjay001:

Can identify with that, what gets me most is, those crazy docs still have d effrontery to look down their nose on u!

Argued with a corper doc recently, and he was making fun of foreign trained docs who tend to insist on lab tests b4 commencing treatment, and pple wonder why d death rate of hospital patients is still on d high side?!

When you mix ignorance with arrogance that's what you get.

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by davidif: 5:53am On Oct 30, 2016
teechudleyy:

Hello, self defensive much? What is the definition of a throaty cough? How do i successfully tell d definition of a throaty cough versus chest cough? i will only use my assumptions based on what i observe, knowing fully well thay d doctor has a much better knowledge than i do.

I never said i couldnt afford all the treatment. I never said they were all crappy. I have some very good friends who got me thru a lot. You canot shut me up by saying go take the alternative, nobody forced you. What is bad is bad.

It would be nice, that people get what they pay for in terms of a doctors attention. If u charge 5k for consultation, please treat me attend to me, dont just dismiss me like they would in a govt hospital.

Also... try and calm down. Its not your truth. Dont take things personal.

Hahaha great response.

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by davidif: 6:24am On Oct 30, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
The problem is from your end. As a mother you should educate yourself on basic healthcare like taking temperature, blood pressure, etc. It is not every little deviation of health status will warrant going to the hospital. You start off with OTC medications and if symptoms persist after a few days, then you see your doctor. All medications labels tell you so too. You could easily had done all the doctor did in less time, little effort and money.
The internet is not only used for social media. There is a plethora of information available online.

Btw, the doctor or nurse would need history to initiate treatment regimen that's why he was asking you those basic questions. It is a standard practice.
\

There you go with the typical Nigerian mentality: if something goes wrong just blame the victim. If someone gets killed they would say what was he doing. If a girl gets raped they would say why was she wearing that type of cloth. If a woman went to a poor hospital and met a poorly trained doctor who can't do proper diagnosis then you say the problem is from her end.

When would you learn to call a spade a spade and stop justifying incompetence as a fact of life?
I guess you Nigerians are so used to poor services that you expect it as the norm.

1 Like

Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by davidif: 6:29am On Oct 30, 2016
Happywoman:
In 2010, I told d Dr at our family private hops , that heart transplant was possible, because i saw it on a medical documentary ,and he sneered @ me.

Fast forward 2013, he resigned and told me he was going to UK for further studies as somtin happened to him a week ago that showed him , he knew only textbook medicine. I probed he refused to say more , he only said , he lost a patient. He refused to give me details.
I have seen all manner of medics. The good , the bad,the disgusting animals, the Florence Nightingales, & the Satans
I understand the proper infrastructure for standard medical practise in near non existent in our country naija, but sometimes its wise as a Dr for u to learn to LISTEN. YOU DONT KNOW IT ALL. And even wen some patients in d past has put a sour taste in ur mouth, try not to see pple as mere statistics or choose to fleece people or just view ur fellow human being ATM machines.

Gbam! You would be amazed how many people lack that skill.
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by InvertedHammer: 7:53am On Oct 30, 2016
davidif:

There you go with the typical Nigerian mentality: if something goes wrong just blame the victim. If someone gets killed they would say what was he doing. If a girl gets raped they would say why was she wearing that type of cloth. If a woman went to a poor hospital and met a poorly trained doctor who can't do proper diagnosis then you say the problem is from her end.

When would you learn to call a spade a spade and stop justifying incompetence as a fact of life?
I guess you Nigerians are so used to poor services that you expect it as the norm.
/
You are the one that is ignorant.

Keep going to all those all-knowing doctors and they will send you to your ancestors soon. Have you seen a Code Blue run out of ACLS manual? I bet you haven't. But you are quick to jump online and type nonsense on a topic you know little or nothing about. Silly!

If you visit the best doctors in the world for specifically any invasive procedure, you will sign the same waiver form which is an affirmation that no one is perfect in medical practice. As stated, don't run to your doctor at the first sign of an ailment. Knowledge of basic vital signs should come handy. If you can spare a few hours of all the time you waste reading nonsense on various blogs, you could read and learn a few things about your health and vital signs. If you want to be spoon fed, then be ready to face the consequences without whining and bitching about it.
\
\
Re: How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients by davidif: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
You are the one that is ignorant.

Keep going to all those all-knowing doctors and they will send you to your ancestors soon. Have you seen a Code Blue run out of ACLS manual? I bet you haven't. But you are quick to jump online and type nonsense on a topic you know little or nothing about. Silly!

If you visit the best doctors in the world for specifically any invasive procedure, you will sign the same waiver form which is an affirmation that no one is perfect in medical practice. As stated, don't run to your doctor at the first sign of an ailment. Knowledge of basic vital signs should come handy. If you can spare a few hours of all the time you waste reading nonsense on various blogs, you could read and learn a few things about your health and vital signs. If you want to be spoon fed, then be ready to face the consequences without whining and bitching about it.
\
\

Hahaha, I see a struck a nerve grin grin grin.

There you go again defending the indefensible. I would rather take my chances and go to an "all knowing" doctor than a hardly knowing doctor.

Individual research is good but the human body is highly complex that it's possible to misdiagnose things. Nothing beats having access to a highly trained competent pediatrician rather than going to a quack who thinks he knows it all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

77% Of Black Doctors In Us Are Nigerians –reps’ Committee / Monica Eimunjeze Appointed As NAFDAC Acting DG / Tight Clothes Can Harm You Really Badly.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.