Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

The conversation On My Way To Work. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The conversation On My Way To Work. (2015 Views)

I'm Thinking Of Leaving My Man After The Conversation Below. / See The Conversation Between An Online Female Beggar And Myself / "K"- The Conversation Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
I didn’t know what on earth made me wake up late to work. I got to the BRT station at Ojota by 7:15am, that is one whole hour behind the usual time I leave for work.

I started sweating profusely when I saw the long queue of people at Ojota waiting to board the few available buses in sight. I knew what was waiting for me already at the office. I needed to shunt the long queue by all means; I made up my mind to beg people in front, yes,people at the beginning of the queue. By my calculation, fellow ladies were out of the equation,so I decided to work up to the guys to ask for their permission to sneak into their front. Luckily for me, the first guy I begged accepted my explanation and created a space between him and the person before him. I squeezed into the space. On a good day, I wouldn’t have allowed any guy’s body to come closer to mine let alone rubbing it. This morning, I didn’t care. As I squeezed in, I heard a few voices grumbling at the back, questioning the young man that allowed me into the space.
Before long, we were all seated in the bus waiting for the ‘pilot’ (that is what they call BRT drivers in Lagos) to commence the journey to CMS in Lagos Island. In the bus, I was sitting by the guy who made it possible for me to be in the bus at that time. The moment the bus set off, the guy cleared his voice, he cleared it again and again. I waited for the words to begin to flow. Nothing came out.

I knew right within me that the guy was finding it difficult to break the ice. He was nice to me some few minutes ago, so I decided to help put him out of his misery. I opened the conversation. I started by thanking him for allowing me to move in his stead. I painted a picture of the misery that singular act had saved me. I paused and looked in his direction, he simply laughed and looked the other way. I was expecting him to carry on from where I stopped, none of that happened.

We had a break of about five minutes. The way he kept adjusting on his seat and other body languages spoke volume of his willingness to chat with me. The guy was simply restless.

At this point, I had to switch on my mischievous side; I imagined how a grown and handsome man like him was finding it difficult to engage a lady in a meaningful conversation. I would ask a question, the guy would answer. One liner answer. Nothing more than that. He couldn’t make contact with my eyes as he answered. He couldn’t even look in my direction either. He kept a straight face.

The rest of the conversation went this way…

Me: Which is your bus stop?
Stranger:Leventis

Me:Okay. I am going to CMS.

Stranger:Okay

Me: Is that where you work?

Stranger:Yes, I have a shop in Balogun market.

Me:Hmmm… You didn’t dress like somebody going to the market. You look very smart.
My stranger friend simply laughed and looked the other way.

Me:What is your name?

Stranger:I.K

Me:What is the full meaning?

Stranger:Ikenna

Me: what do you sell?

Ikenna:I sell female hair extensions

Me:Nice, I will come and patronize you then.

Ikenna:Okay, when are you coming?

Me:Maybe this weekend, if I have the time. If not, I will come another time.

I didn’t say a word to him after that brief conversation, I pulled out Chimamanda’s Americanah and started reading . Ikenna did not utter a word too. I kept quiet until we got to Fadeyi when I resumed teasing him. It was fun looking at Ikenna as he blushed. Men blush too.

Me: You didn’t bother to ask my name?

Ikenna:Sorry, what’ is your own name?

Me:I won’t tell you, you didn’t ask me on time. If I hadn’t asked you, you wouldn’t have told me.
Ikenna cast his gaze on the floor of the bus, he raised his head after a while and looked out of the window. He looked everywhere except me. I wasn’t ready to quit the game, I was having the fun of my life.

Me:Ikenna, you won’t beg me to tell you my name?

Ikenna:Tell me nau.

Me:Is that how you beg?

I almost laughed as I watched Ikenna squeeze his palms. So men squeeze their palms too?
Ikenna: I have begged you na, you don’t want to tell me.

Me:Hmmm…Ikenna beg me now or I won’t tell you again o

Ikenna:But, excuse me; how do you want me to beg you again?

I was surprised he had such energy in his voice. Or maybe I was beginning to irritate him?

Me:am I disturbing you?

Ikenna:No oo

Me:Are you sure?

Ikenna:yes

Hmmm.. Nice assurance. An assurance that encouraged me to tease him the more

Me:Do you have a girlfriend?

Ikenna looked at me, he wanted to answer me but changed his mind midway. His half opened mouth closed. What you may call ‘sealed lips’.

Ikenna:I won’t tell you, you didn’t tell me your name.
See this guy, suddenly, he wants to take the game to me. More like,na my area be this o, fire, make I fire you

Me:hmm… Ikenna you don’t want to tell me, huh?

Ikenna:I don’t have a girlfriend
Ahh, that came out too quick, I thought he had turned a corner.

Me: Really, why?

Ikenna:Nothing. I don’t have.

I moved a notch higher. Second base jare.

Me:Do you like me?

Ikenna: I don’t know

Today na today, you must answer me Ikenna. No, I didn’t say that to him. Yes, I said it to him….in my mind

Me:You don’t want to talk now?

Ikenna:But I said I don’t know

Me:Ok. I’m not talking to you again. I can see you don’t like me.

For where? I didn’t mean it. I wanted to see if he would talk.

Ikenna:I like you. Tell me your name first.

Me:Are you sure you like me?

Me:If you like me, look into my eyes and say yes
How else can you explain the word, putting someone in the spot better than what I just asked.
Ikenna looked at me but didn’t muster the courage to say any word.

Me:You are getting closer to your bus stop o.
Ikenna looked at me this time and said “I like you.”
Hahahaha… I won. I didn’t know some guys could be this shy. Now, I know.

The bus pulled up at Leventis, Ikenna waved bye to me as he alighted from the bus; I held myself from bursting into laughter as I waved back.

Source: lagosconvo.com/short-stories/the-conversation-on-my-way-to-work/

4 Likes

Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by cbnileowo42: 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nice one
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
nice story if its true. I used to be lyk dat before, all thanks to my boys only secondary school, buh nau i don turn badoo
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
RUBBISH!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by Acidosis(m): 4:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
pure nonsense. why would you stress the young man when you know you won't date him?

1 Like

Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Lalasticlala, let's go there.
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by LuveU2(f): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
That all undecided
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by dayojags10(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Sincerely, If I talk say I get d message dis ur shity epistle they try pass, I lied!
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by TheGeneral1(m): 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
ashewoboy:
I didn’t know what on earth made me wake up late to work. I got to the BRT station at Ojota by 7:15am, that is one whole hour behind the usual time I leave for work.

I started sweating profusely when I saw the long queue of people at Ojota waiting to board the few available buses in sight. I knew what was waiting for me already at the office. I needed to shunt the long queue by all means; I made up my mind to beg people in front, yes,people at the beginning of the queue. By my calculation, fellow ladies were out of the equation,so I decided to work up to the guys to ask for their permission to sneak into their front. Luckily for me, the first guy I begged accepted my explanation and created a space between him and the person before him. I squeezed into the space. On a good day, I wouldn’t have allowed any guy’s body to come closer to mine let alone rubbing it. This morning, I didn’t care. As I squeezed in, I heard a few voices grumbling at the back, questioning the young man that allowed me into the space.
Before long, we were all seated in the bus waiting for the ‘pilot’ (that is what they call BRT drivers in Lagos) to commence the journey to CMS in Lagos Island. In the bus, I was sitting by the guy who made it possible for me to be in the bus at that time. The moment the bus set off, the guy cleared his voice, he cleared it again and again. I waited for the words to begin to flow. Nothing came out.

I knew right within me that the guy was finding it difficult to break the ice. He was nice to me some few minutes ago, so I decided to help put him out of his misery. I opened the conversation. I started by thanking him for allowing me to move in his stead. I painted a picture of the misery that singular act had saved me. I paused and looked in his direction, he simply laughed and looked the other way. I was expecting him to carry on from where I stopped, none of that happened.

We had a break of about five minutes. The way he kept adjusting on his seat and other body languages spoke volume of his willingness to chat with me. The guy was simply restless.

At this point, I had to switch on my mischievous side; I imagined how a grown and handsome man like him was finding it difficult to engage a lady in a meaningful conversation. I would ask a question, the guy would answer. One liner answer. Nothing more than that. He couldn’t make contact with my eyes as he answered. He couldn’t even look in my direction either. He kept a straight face.

Me:Hmmm… You didn’t dress like somebody going to the market. You look very smart.

I didn’t say a word to him after that brief conversation, I pulled out Chimamanda’s Americanah and started reading . Ikenna did not utter a word too. I kept quiet until we got to Fadeyi when I resumed teasing him. It was fun looking at Ikenna as he blushed. Men blush too.

Me:I won’t tell you, you didn’t ask me on time. If I hadn’t asked you, you wouldn’t have told me.
Ikenna cast his gaze on the floor of the bus, he raised his head after a while and looked out of the window. He looked everywhere except me. I wasn’t ready to quit the game, I was having the fun of my life.

I almost laughed as I watched Ikenna squeeze his palms. So men squeeze their palms too?

I was surprised he had such energy in his voice. Or maybe I was beginning to irritate him?

Ikenna looked at me, he wanted to answer me but changed his mind midway. His half opened mouth closed. What you may call ‘sealed lips’.

See this guy, suddenly, he wants to take the game to me. More like,na my area be this o, fire, make I fire you

Today na today, you must answer me Ikenna. No, I didn’t say that to him. Yes, I said it to him….in my mind

How else can you explain the word, putting someone in the spot better than what I just asked.

The bus pulled up at Leventis, Ikenna waved bye to me as he alighted from the bus; I held myself from bursting into laughter as I waved back.

I LIKE THE STORY
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by Bluezy13(m): 11:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
ashewoboy:

And then
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lalasticlala, read this nice story. Do the needful.
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Lalasticlala, e don tey wey my thread make front page@least just this nice story.
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lalasticlala, help me move this to front page, thank you.
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ireneony(f): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
ashewoboy:
after u don write fiction grin

Guy go sleep
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by Beanhead(m): 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
ashewoboy:
Lalasticlala, read this nice story. Do the needful.

Sorry to bother you. are you a gay?
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by firstking01(m): 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
More like two ss2 students who are in their school bus going home after school
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lalasticlala, you must answer me today.
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 9:54am On Apr 08, 2016
Lalasticlala, how many times will i call you?
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 1:13am On Apr 09, 2016
lalasticlala, farano, rocktation,mynd44, who else? Front page na. thank you.
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by StPete: 4:36am On Apr 09, 2016
ashewoboy:
lalasticlala, farano, rocktation,mynd44, who else? Front page na. thank you.
This one na by fire or by force grin
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by NarnieSnyper(m): 6:15am On Apr 09, 2016
Quite a funny story .........

Not until I realised the OP's a guy. I just hope this is a girl posing as a guy sha
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2016
Lalasticlala, let's go to front page.

Password: tiwa savagecheesy
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lalasticlala, do you like the story?
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by RENOWNED2(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
ashewoboy:
You Dey Craze?
Re: The conversation On My Way To Work. by ashewoboy(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2016
Dominique, mynd44, lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Photo: She Ain't Joking At All (HILARIOUS) / The No1 Reason Why Your Wife May Deny You Sex. / Let's See Who Get This...(for Ladies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.