Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help (2228 Views)

My Land Is 60 X 75: Let's Build This Together (location Is Inyana Ipaja- Lagos) / Buy My Land In Kuje Abuja@ngn800k Now! / How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by sucessful1: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ lawyer and all,

I recieve a phone call from the son of my contractor this evening to call him back,i did call him back to my shock he said some agent want to sell my land,i ask him how did they know he said they were informed by some people.the problem now is that i dont live in naija,my people pls what do i do.all advice are welcome
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by goldenson(m): 4:14am On Jul 28, 2009
Guy, you need to put someone on that site to be monitoring it if its fenced. Also, have them write on the wall " this property is not for sale. Keep out, Milltary zone" For further info call 080------. )

When the people come to the land again, it will make them think twice and also the person u have at the site can tell agent and buyer that ya land is not for sale.

Also if you have money, start building something there as soon as you can and also go and notify the Balee of that area cos if the people come to buy the land, when they do investigations, they will likely go to verify about the land at the balee place.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by EmmyBoy2(m): 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2009
In addition, since you acquired the land, what steps have you taken to perfect your title at the Lands Bureau?
The mistake people make is that they acquire property and sit back.
You have to take urgent steps to regularise your title to that land/house ASAP i.e C of O or Governor's Consent to the land transaction.
That way, you have some comfort legally.
I'm a Solicitor by training.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by ajileko: 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2009
Emmyboy, please help him. Don't let him forfeit his land, please.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by sucessful1: 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2009
thank you all 4 all ur advice,

i have sent someone to the bale this morning. cry cry

the land has cost me so much pain and so much money,first of all i gave them money for the c of o,only find out today that they did'nt do it.i have spent enough money to build a storey building only to find out that only foundation was done,out of annoyance i left everything the way it is,only to recieve a call last nite about this ill news from son of the contractor the man that introduced us to the pple who sold the land to me.

@lawyers in d house please can any of you pls tell me how much it will cost put c of o in ikotun area in lagos.i bought the land in question at the yr 2001.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
Let me have your e mail address and I'l communicate with you directly on what the requirements are.
Cheers.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by ajileko: 1:28am On Jul 29, 2009
From now on, you are in good hand and I'm sure Emmyboy will take care of you. You must learn from this and don't put your trust in too many people. Who are "they" and "them" they are only interested in their own pocket, you can not do that. You can't buy a land and stay oversea and expect someone to help you develop it. It doesn't work that way, you must come home often, every year or every other year to see the progress and you must also take as much control remotely as you can by getting involve in every stage.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by patrick45(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2009
@emmyboy

please can i have your contact details, i think i need ur expertise.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by EmmyBoy2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2009
@ Patrcik & Successful
My phone number is 0802 7733721.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by sucessful1: 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2009
@emmy boy

Thank you for your insight and advice,ur email addy is not on,anyways i'll send u a text msg.but i think it could be much useful for us all in nairaland if u can post the c of o process and requirements here in the house in that way others can benefit from it too.

thanks n godbless

by the way i gave u a missed call
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2009
@successful1
saw a missed call but didnt realise it was you.
would post the details over the weekend, for the benefit of others as suggested.
I'll call you back at the earliest opportunity.
cheers
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by sucessful1: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2009
thank u bro,
i saw ur missed call,sorry my fone was on silent,yea it'll be a great help to others too if u post it here.

thanks a million
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by lawyer(m): 12:20am On Aug 01, 2009
hmmm! I am subscribing to this thread to see it to its logical conclusion!
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by sonety2k(m): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2009
cool
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2009
HOW TO OBTAIN CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY IN LAGOS STATE

A certificate of Occupancy confers property ownership rights to an individual. It can also be used for securing bank loans etc.

Requirement & Procedure:

1. Application for Land Information/Land Information Certificate.
2. Two (2) Copies of Survey Plans.
3. Application for Private Certificate of Occupancy Form is done at the Land Use and Allocation Office, Alausa, Lagos.
4. The Application Forms is submitted along with the following documents:

a. Land Information Certificate
b. Receipt for Land Information fee
c. Receipt for Application form –N5,000.00
d. Publication/Inspection fee- N10,000.00
e. Capital Contribution-(As assessed by the LUAC)
f. Duly Stamped Land Purchase Receipt
g. Copies of current tax clearance Certificates of the individuals.
h. Development Levy receipt-N100.00
i. 4 passport photographs of the Applicant (without glasses, i.e. the passport must show the individual facial features clearly).
j. If there is development on the land, copy of duly approved building plan.
k. Newspaper publication is done, with room for 21 day period for any objection from an interested member of the public.

The compiling and processing is not this easy and clear cut, as the LUAC staff would have to conduct title search on it, inspect the land, write their report before the C of O is prepared, typed, and forwarded by the Executive Secretary LUAC, then to the Permanent Secretary, Lands Bureau and then sent to the office of the Attorney General, Lagos State.

Thereafter, the C of O is stamped at the Stamp Duties section, Ministry of Finance, sent for Registration at the Land Registry Directorate before it is released to the Applicant or his Solicitor. Please note that as is typical with civil servants, this process could take three months or more.
(Also kindly note that the fees here were as at 2008, might have been reviewed, but would confirm and revert back if it’s still the same).
Please note that if you have defective title to the property, this process does not cure any defect in title. Applicants for C of O are strongly advised to engage a Solicitor to make prior enquiries/legal search before any property is purchased by them.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by lawyer(m): 12:23am On Aug 02, 2009
(Also kindly note that the fees here were as at 2008, might have been reviewed, but would confirm and revert back if it’s still the same).

The fees have been reviewed and its more expensive with new things and requirements added and dont forget the brown envelope fees for the bureaucrats in Alausa has also increased with the expectant N60,000 tax clearance fees if you dont have your Income tax being to N100,000 now depending on the area the property is being purchased.

One more thing, the average time to get a C/O in Alausa takes almost 9months to 1 year not 3 months depending on how you settle the Alausa bureaucrats!
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by jesuseun1(m): 4:19am On Aug 02, 2009
successful1
my advise are as follow

1,if u can pray well u can seek God's face to fight the battle for u to secure ur land,the earth is the land and the fullness thereof.a senior friend friend of mine have tried it b4 and it works.prayer works ,if u believe in it.

2,secondly,u just have to come around urself,i guess the land is in ikotun,d area is now hot cake in terms of land,i stay around there,i think a plot now goes for around close to 2m to 3m.wen u come home ,go and see the bale with all ur documents with some monetary gift too.after u must hav seek God's face.

3,lastly,if at the end u are able to secure the land and u cant find a relaible person to herlp u develop it,which is d challenge of most pple staying abroad,i will advise u sell d land off and add money to buy a house or u buy a land in any of the estate along lagos ibadan rd,which i think is more secure and free of omo onille.

just try all des advises,it works especially no 1
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by sucessful1: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
@seun and co
thanks 2 u all my brodas,truelly we re all our brodas keepers,u guys has just proved it.

emmy i'll email u later 2day

thanks again y'all
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by funkybaby(f): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2009
C of O will not stop omo-oniles from encroaching on your land and selling it to a willing buyer at a very competitive price.

I have seen cases where lands with valid c of o were sold off by omo-oniles, leaving the original owner to battle with the buyer, which included the buyer threatening to plant juju on the land against the owner, etc

You have to be street-smart to deal with omo-oniles.

I'll suggest you do the following:

1. Fence the land. With a big gate. State clearly on the fence with black or red paint  grin, 'bewareof 419, this the land is not for sale|'

2. Go and meet the baale or the head of the family that you bought the land from. If you cannot travel down, ask one of your relatives to go. Offer him seaman schnapps chelsea gin, money and all sorts. Tell him that you heard that his boys want to sell your land, which he will promptly deny. Anyway, tell him that you are keeping a tab on the land and he should tell his boys to back off.

3. Pour 2 or 3 tippers of land on the land. Do this once a month. This will seem as if you are about resuming construction work on the site.

4. If you trust your contractor, you can permit him to use your land (for free) to make blocks, or display cement which he can sell to willing buyers, or you can permit him to plant some crops on the land. This way, there will be continuous activity on the land and it will be easy to notify any prospective buyer that the land is not for sale.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by EmmyBoy2(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2009
@funkybabay-Only a slowpoke would buy a property that has C of O from an Omonile without the consent of the real owner.
Such effort would be sheer waste of fund and foolishness.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by candylips(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2009
this sucks
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by larez(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2009
Get hooked up with a Colonel or General in the Nigerian Army or Navy. Omo-oniles will disappear fast.
Re: People Want To Steal My Land,house Pls Help by candylips(m): 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2009
u sure

(1) (Reply)

Standard 3br Flat @ Atunrase Estate. Gbagada. All Room Ensuite 900k / Land For Sell @ Garden Of Eden Estate Simawa Behind Redemption Camp, / Where to buy Precast Facial Parapet, precast DesignsPillars in Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.