|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,296,285 members, 5,045,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2019 at 09:17 AM
See Heartwarming Moment Father Consoles His Daughter During Her Wedding (photo) / Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up / 13 Pictures That Describe Your Saturday Mornings Growing Up. (2) (3) (4)
|10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by Vision2045(m): 8:56am On Mar 31, 2016|
its Thursday and I thought of doing some little throw back at some funny things I did while growing up and am sure am not probably alone, some of us will be guilty of some of the act if not all...I will share just 10 cos it seems the number and Nairaland has something in common called FP.
1. competitive water fetching : I can easily play this moment without blinking, I remember going to fetch water with some of our age group then from the tap. and the next thing we start doing first to reach house, then the hustling starts , we fetch, place on our head and the running start and most of the time we end up losing 70% of the water while running with our cloth soaked like say na inside swimming pool person go fetch the water.
2. mum and dad : chai chai...mehn ..seeing some of the kids that played mummy then now and I will be like " Omo mehn so Na dis chick I marry then " I don't miss this play for anytin..that's the only time in ones life when you can deep your hand in an empty pocket and give your wife an imaginary money and she will gladly accept and still promise to cook something.
3. fantasizing: I remember those days in school , especially in senior class when we just tell our friends that , guy after secondary school, university straight and I start working and get a car and your friend will reply with his own similar version, meanwhile mr JAMB and mr Post-ume they laugh us saying "make una no worry I go happen to una soon' after secondary school life happens.
4. spirit for hair: so guilty of this one, I remember one of my friend in primary 6 then with some little teddy and we all they trip for the teddy and he told us its spirit that he do apply to get the hair, chai next thing most of us guys go buy spirit they apply, after like months nothing come out , intact Na small e remain some of us nearly drink the spirit maybe the hair go come out.
5. meat Sega: growing up in a humble home is very interesting especially when you have a younger brother ..then both of us eat together with one meat to share as the elder brother I have the privilege of sharing and most times I share my own part in my mouth and drop the other part for young bro Wey go use bad eye look me..latter we agree say make we dey do I eat the whole meat today u eat yours next day..the tin dey go smooth until one day Wey b my turn to eat the whole meat Na hin they serve our food separately, Na hin I raid the both meat for myself to the discomfort of young bro, the cry wey follow no b small and d beating Wey I chop no b here.
6. make I cut: back then in secondary school that style was the order of the day. u buy something and your niggas will appear from God knows where and you hear guy make I cut , sometimes if u form good boy you will end up eating nothing. these styles trend to the level Wey to buy something during break no go sweet u, I buy anything I want on my way home.
7. usain bolt errand: My God remembering this always elicit this laughter. I remember mumcy sending me on errand while watching an interesting programme or match the likes of super story (toyintomato) Abi super eagles and I will run to and fro and mumcy will be like you sure say you reach the place .
8. Blue female teacher : hmmm. we get this female teacher then that like wearing skimpy dress and each time we are about taking her subject you see guys hustling for front seat especially the rear side because she likes sitting on the desk, chai we dey see things and one day she asked why most guys sit at the front and girls at the back. who them born well to give the reason Na so we dey look her like zombie, Abi lalasti.clala if Na u Shey u go talk .
9. sandal lifting: those days in secondary school while playing ball just to finish playing and you realise your sandal is gone and you are left with leggedisbenze..some of the victims then asap will find solution by looking for another place inthe school compound where dem dey play and replace make he no carry empty leg go house
10. senior terror; as juniors then we suffer for senior hand,you will hear come take 20 naira buy meat pie and drink and bring 10naira change and in your head you will be like "dis senior no sabi math ni Abi Na me born you" if you stand dere without any movement next thing the senior go begin shout ask u to follow him and next he draw one useless thing for board telling you this Na fuel station and dis Na car oya push the car to the fuel station and I go b like how Nah I resemble magic mike ni or merlin , one day I form wizkid I clean d car tell the senior say the car Don buy fuel go sir . the punishment Wey follow ni b here.
make I hang boot for here.feel free to add yours . it throwback Thursday.
78 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by Oyiboman69: 9:02am On Mar 31, 2016|
na me fist comment so,abi na my eye dey decieve me!!!!
13 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by SweetieConstie(f): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2016|
Kikikikiki.... Extremely hilarious!
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by makingsense(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2016|
That hair own na die..
My school na boys only , when we were in ss3 if you never get beards you never arrive..
We even believed in the notion; that when you shave it grows more.. boys no con day wait make the string comot finish, before we injure ourselves
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by DBossNG(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2016|
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by younghartz(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2016|
Memories down the lane
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2016|
earning first position in class and promise of rice and chicken
13 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by lekjons(m): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2016|
11. your friends pushing you to fight someone stronger than you, after getting real beating, your friends will still be hailing you(wicked friends).. In your mind you'll be praying "make someone please seperate us na"
23 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by djjosh(m): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2016|
#smiles, thats life..!
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by greatness22(m): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2016|
Back then, me and my friend always get annoyed anytime rukevwe laugh at us for not having beards (goatie) so we went to the market and bought N10 crayfish(dat big red one) and we started using the sharp point to pierce our chin and jaws as adviced by our bros. We kept doing this ritual for 2wks non stop, but no hair, instead of hair, we started having boils. (all dis foolishness was just to impress the girl). The girl was later impregnated by one okada man
19 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by ofofoCEO(f): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2016|
My favourite experience
Visit this thread to show some love biko.
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by elganzar(m): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2016|
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by deeplow: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2016|
Police and Thief,
After round one,
Ice and Water,
The last is a fool.
17 Likes 1 Share
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by eleojo23: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2016|
I remember the Childhood fights.
I remember how my friend and I will always pinch ourselves in the classroom while the teacher is teaching.
We sometimes pinch each other so hard that both of us will start crying.
And when the teachers asks "who started it?" we'll be like...
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by elganzar(m): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2016|
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by danasjoe1: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2016|
Oyiboman69:na your nose dey deceive u bro
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by augster(m): 11:17am On Mar 31, 2016|
I remember my first day at unibadan staff school.. Primary 5.. I took my mum‘s bag to school
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by gamaliel121(m): 11:17am On Mar 31, 2016|
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by dust88: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2016|
Kai it can sweet
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by iykebest1(m): 11:17am On Mar 31, 2016|
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by kingbadoo: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2016|
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by DaintyJenny(f): 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016|
woooow!... front page things!
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by ERCROSS(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2016|
I was the last of three boys
Back then, mum will serve us in a plate so we could learn to eat together, especially when she prepares Eba...
Just like nairaland, we get rules
Rule 1:: U r allowed to take a big morsel of Eba but u r only allowed to take 0.00001 litre of soup per 3kilogramme of Eba... I think that contributed to the reason why I don't like swallows
Rule 2 :: u r allowed to finish a litre of water provided there is still some quantity of water left in the cup, but take note, the person who finishes the water till the last drop is doomed, u must go fetch another cup of water, its either u r not allowed to continue with the meal unless u fetch another cup of water or u discover ur meat to be missing after u r back,
Either way u r still doomed....
32 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by Xtanixlax(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2016|
Feeln sorry for dix new generatn kids. hw do they even hv fun?
8 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by cutelover19(m): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2016|
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by Mskrisx(f): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2016|
Humble Beginnin...lord I thank u for were I am today.
By the way my mum flogged hell outta me for always going to swim in the river the celestial churches used in bathing their members!
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:22am On Mar 31, 2016|
funny you OP.
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by Ojfestus(m): 11:22am On Mar 31, 2016|
Life is too fast
.. Juwt yesterday we were kids
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by MadCow1: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2016|
I hated my Chldhood..
Its filled with really bad memories like:
- Always not being chosen to play football with the rest of the street kids because they said I didnt have skills. Its a fhucking street game not the bloody Worldcup. None of those fools are even professional footballers today.
- Watching movies at the neighbors houses through a crack in the curtain because we didnt have a T.V at home.
- Watching my friends get all the nice things like Brick games, GameBoys, Nintendos, Playstation 1 & 2's, cool toys and shiit wwhilst I was left with nothing.
- I hated going to that biitchass school when my Friends were attending classier schools.
- I hated having to walk miles to the neighbors house to fetch water.
- I hated being whooped mercilessly by my mother because she knew I was too little too fight back and too broke to run away from home.
- I hated bathing from a Bucket when my friends all had showers in their bathrooms.
- I hated being woken up every morning to go to school.
- I hated school.. Those biitchass teachers flogged a Nigga so much I hated school.
- I hated After school Lessons.. I feel like they robbed me of my childhood.
- I hated those errands that I had to go on.
- I hated being broke. So broke I couldnt even afford break time snacks except I spent my transport fare and trekked home. O!! And my fhucking transport fare couldnt buy a fhucking bottle of Pepsi.
- I hated the fact that the Biitches had no love for me.
- I hated the clothes my Mother always bought for me. Why would she fhucking buy clothes for me at 10 years that still fit e at 25?
- I hated the fact that I had to wear stupiidass rubber sandals to school when others were wearing Cortina's, Trekkers and Kitos..
- I hated being beated up by Senior Students for over 5 years straight in Secondary school.
- I hated being forced to eat, sleep, read and do virtually every gaddamn thing.
Fhuck being a Kid.. That shiit is over rated.
18 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by IMO22(m): 11:23am On Mar 31, 2016|
All different here in Iraq
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by petkoffdrake2(m): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2016|
Playing rubber band (kpatanla).... And mama , papa, son.... Those ones got me laughing
Good old days
I'll put a pair of slippers on our couch ... Open an imaginary door, sit on d couch, start turning d slippers and say "I dey drive car"
|Re: 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) by petkoffdrake2(m): 11:26am On Mar 31, 2016|
U no do those things?
Ok ur an ajebutter kid baa?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105