Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,049 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

" I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? (17696 Views)

The Job Factory / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Message I Received From N-power What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

" I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by LOGICALKEN: 9:24am On Mar 31, 2016
After preparing fastidiously for several interviews within d last few months, each interview always culminates with d usual "i'll get back to u" sentence. I want to knw if it's a way of saying one is not successful.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Ojestas(m): 9:38am On Mar 31, 2016
A good firm would truly get back to you, either with a success or regret mail/Message . . "will get back" is the usual word. . . The mail afterwards says it all. . . So, its neither a way to say you succeeded nor failed.

20 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by ministeriallist: 9:41am On Mar 31, 2016
"I'll get back to you" is a mild way to tell u: "guy go luk 4 another job".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by bakynes(m): 9:50am On Mar 31, 2016
I think it most times mean you ve lost the job. We will get intouch with you soon means you have a likely chance of getting the job.

4 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by LOGICALKEN: 10:10am On Mar 31, 2016
ministeriallist:
"I'll get back to you" is a mild way to tell u: "guy go luk 4 another job".
lol, u no even dey give me hope sef

4 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by FixedRoots: 10:29am On Mar 31, 2016
LOGICALKEN:
lol, u no even dey give me hope sef
Have you ever been asked the salary question?
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Richy4(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
politely telling u that they will call u if they did not find any suitable applicant soon which is next to imposible

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by rexibity(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
d last 3 or so times I got that borin phrase, I didn't get f Job. evn though I Was over qualified.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Richydos(m): 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
If we are to put dt statement on a scale based on employees slogan.... It means u have lost this 1
Don't go back home to sit n expect to hear from em.... Just keep up with d search
D Lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
It doesn't mean you failed the interview or you passed, it simply means what it connotes - they will get back to you (fulfilling that promise depends on how professional they are).

Almost all companies won't hand you the job they day you were interviewed, regardless of how you managed to impress or bamboozle them. They need some days, at times weeks to complete the recruitment process, the delay in getting back to applicants is what culminate s into the wrong notion they have about the statement.

27 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by jemype(m): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
We will get back to u means we "u are a failure"
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by MadCow1: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Not really...
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by seyema(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Jus forget it
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Adesiji77: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
It's the standard response, no matter how well you have performed at the interview.

4 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
jemype:

Not necessarily.

2 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by PHfinest(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
Really
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
A good way to say while you may be qualified for the job, you are just not good enough.

Or better still, I will get back to you if we find a vacancy in another firm. grin.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by dimsonu(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
LastMumu:
It doesn't mean you failed the interview or you passed, it simply means what it connotes - they will get back to you (fulfilling that promise then depends on how professional they are).

Almost all companies won't hand you the job they day you were interviewed, regardless of how you managed to impress or bamboozle them. They need a day or two, at times weeks to complete the recruitment process,

Exactly.
They may call you. Even after 3 months.

6 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Ayoswit(f): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
'Goodluck' is anoda meaning of dat phrase.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by kennysteve77: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
M
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Peacefulgold(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sound like it to me...
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by bernardette(f): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
LOGICALKEN:
After preparing fastidiously for several interviews within d last few months, each interview always culminates with d usual "i'll get back to u" sentence. I want to knw if it's a way of saying one is not successful.
we will get in touch with you is safer...read my signature
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by greatness22(m): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
Thats a "polite insult" from an employer to a job seeker.

2 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
Your village people dey c key
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by eleko1: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
sad. Seek God face. U need His GRACE. May Favor Speak for u. Put ur Angel to work/Goodness N mercy follow u.

2 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by VickyRotex(f): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
They dont wanna be put on the spot.

So they will definitely get back to you with a success or regret mail.

Something I learnt recently, which may help one or two, after your first interview with the company, send them a thank you mail withing 24 to 48hours, thanking them for the opportunity.

Also that's a good way of reminding them about the skills you felt they needed but you dint remember to tell them during the interview, and emphasizing on something you noticed during the interview.

Something like "My time management skills has helped me to...." e.t.c

Also after the thank you Mail, give it 10 to 15 days, send them a mail again, especially for a company you know they need someone urgently.

Something like "I would love to let you know I'm still very interested in this position"

If you don't get any response back between 2 to 3 months, send a last mail and just let it be.

That shouldn't stop your job search though.

I learnt this, and it has worked for someone I know.

7 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Richydos(m): 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
jemype:
Ahn Do u even take time to think b4 u talk?
Or lemme guess u talk b4 u think.... U sound so pathetic n lack a moral conscience.

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by joey150(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
bernardette:
we will get in touch with you is safer...read my signature
so u make 91k everyday?
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by yomalex(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sometimes
Check new vacancies on http://tipsdome.com/category/jobs
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by OnWebTech: 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
yes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by ksbusari(m): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
Job opportunity r nt handed to interviewee on dat very day of the interview. 'we will get back to u' to me means communicating d interview results to candidates.

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by jaybee3(m): 2:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
Probably but not certainly tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Dress For A Job Interview / My Friend Took The 300k Work In Lagos / Apply For The RTI Nationwide International Fresh Job Recruitment (18 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.