Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Kate The Beauty Queen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kate The Beauty Queen (667 Views)

Late Kate Foster (graphic Horror) / The Beauty Queen (a Short Story) / My Anxiety Is About To Ruin My Relationship – Kate (image) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kate The Beauty Queen by inconnue(f): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2016
So we all know or maybe have the kind of family members that are loyal and supportive to a fault. They support, cheer you on and NEVER criticize you. These kind of family members are the reason why we have the Vic-o and the Tonto’s of the music industry.
They refuse to advise you to give up on certain dreams/ aspirations even when it is glaring to everyone that you are mediocre or just plain stink. God help you if you have overly supportive friends too; your own is finished,patapata.
My family members are like that, my friend are not much better. There was this one time I decided I wanted to be a Beauty Queen because They (friends and family) told me I was beautiful enough to become one; they kept complimenting me on my “rare beauty” until I finally bought a form and enrolled for this pageant(I won’t mention the name just in case).
The organizers of the pageant were either too broke or too stingy to put us in pageant boot camp. To be fair, I didn’t exactly pay for the form and I doubt if the other girls did either. Day of the pageant came and I arrived there in style with my entourage (family and very wicked friends who couldn’t advise me). I quickly found out that I was up against two other girls (only 3 of us enrolled) and that there was no venue for the event. That was when they really should have advised me to pack up and go back home, but they instead sized up my “competition” and told me that they didn’t stand a chance against me. I doubted them a little when I got a closer look at contestant numero 2 (she was so pretty!) but then I shrugged and concluded that they were after all my family and as such wouldn’t lead me astray…
…to be continued..

https://kateunmarried./2016/03/29/kate-the-beauty-queen/

(1) (Reply)

Triple L Poetry Competition!!!! Win Cash Prize Inside / Who Won This Argument / See These Incredibe Art Drawings By Nigerian Boy, Georgesketch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.