Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,238 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) (63570 Views)

Dino Melaye And Bukola Saraki At The Inter-parliamentary Union (pictures) / Senator Ademola Adeleke Hosts A Get Together With His Family (Pics, Video) / Saraki Hosts Delegation From Czech Republic In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by henryanna36: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2016
As we reported earlier, the 7th colloquium in honour of the national leader of the All progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, held on Tuesday at the International Conference Centre in Abuja. Most of the top leaders of the APC were in attendance, including Pres. Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
However, senate president Bukola Saraki who does not see eye to eye with Tinubu, was absent at the event. It’s not like Saraki was being expected though. The senate president did not even extend the courtesy of a birthday message to Tinubu.
So what was Saraki up to at the time the colloquium which was dedicated to agriculture was going on? He was in his office hosting a parliamentary delegation from Colombia, which was led by Senator Edinson Delgado. According to a statement by his chief press secretary, Sanni Odogu, the senate president advocated for a closer collaboration between Nigeria and Colombia in order to improve diplomatic ties and enhance democratic governance in both countries.
He also said that the National Assembly is open to relationships with other advanced parliaments across the globe to broaden its legislative experience and knowledge of its lawmakers.
He noted that Nigeria and Colombia have a long standing relationship that need to be oiled and improved upon for mutual benefits just as he canvassed for strong investment in the Nigeria economy by Colombian investors.
He said; “We are happy that you are here. I believe your visit will further strengthen the relationship between Nigeria and Colombia.
“For many years, lots of opportunities have not been harnessed by both countries in spite of the fact that Nigeria and Colombia have a lot of things in common. Here in Nigeria, we have two chambers just like you have in Colombia.
“We are very identical, we must build this relationship and that is why I am encouraging this visit particularly at this period of diversification of our economy,” Saraki said.
The Senate President extended invitation to the parliament of Colombia for cooperation and exchange of programmes that would improve the quality of law making in both countries.
Earlier, the leader of the Colombian parliamentary delegation, Senator Edinson Delgado called for mutual cooperation between his country and Nigeria for mutual diplomatic and economic benefits.
Delgado said the team which comprised of Colombian businessmen and investors was in Nigeria on a three city tour of Lagos, Yola and Port Harcourt to foster partnerships and explore opportunities with a focus on commerce, industry and agriculture between both countries.
He promised to work hard to improve the economic and parliamentary relationship between Colombia and Nigeria.
“We are keen to strengthen our diplomatic relationship and establish basic opportunities between our two countries.” Delgado said.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/see-what-saraki-was-doing-when-other.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:42am On Mar 31, 2016
grin while others were busy gallivanting and roaming at owambe party, the great saraki was doing what would take this country to a greater height. we don't appreciate heroes in this country rather we persecute them. @saraki, the youths of this country are solidly behind you sir.

i support saraki, you support tinubu. how does that make you far better than me undecided ? you are only deceiving yourselves sad

209 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 31, 2016
Abegi, find better tori

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 31, 2016
grin
Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
as it is to me, saraki will vacate that seat. give us another story please.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by gen2briz(m): 12:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin while others were busy gallivanting and roaming at owambe party, the great saraki was doing what would take this country to a greater height. we don't appreciate heroes in this country rather we persecute them. @saraki, the youths of this country are solidly behind you sir.

Which youths? You family youths I guess

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by MrALIVE: 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
speak for yourself!!! If you are really a youth then I pity my country! #supporter of corruption#

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by looseweight: 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Have you taken your drug today??

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by asdfjklhaha(f): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by Iamlordgee(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Oohk. Sariki again

1 Like

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by iyatrustee(f): 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
what exactly is your point?

He should not atend to official duties?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
I will be very correct if I say Saraki will come out unscathed.
No amount of blackmail, witch hunt, persecution and the like will stop him from finishing his tenure.

In fact at the moment it seems he is the only elected official on the platform of APC who is performing well.

31 Likes

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by tahir01(m): 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
E no concern me.
Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by Ojfestus(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
This is a show of shame By saraki.... So because you get personal issues with jagaban you no attend him birthday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by LMAyedun(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
At least he was busy with something more tangible than attending an unnecessary, frivolous party by over-grown men

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by eleko1: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
sad sad sad Gud bye to kebe KWara in advance(Apology to Kolington). I pity dis tif sad

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
G
Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by omolola15(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Do you speak for all the youths in this country? Are you the youth leader or minister of youths?
Because I'm wondering how you know the youths are behind him. Because I'm sure I'm not behind him.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by banme1(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Better not wine and dine with the devil. Drug baron for that matter.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
looseweight:

Have you taken your drug today??
nope

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by eleko1: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
wink grin
gen2briz:

Which youths? You family youths I guess
anything 70 bi Youth here nah
Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by witorwitoutyou(m): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
Baba e je wo ara yin,u don follow chop saraki money ba!kwantinu

1 Like

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by aminadat: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Saraki carry on your duties. Nothing to celebrate or honour in Tinubu

15 Likes

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by truthspeaks: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
So Columbia is nw an advanced country to us. Evrytime na so so grammar dis saraki de speak. Anyway, it's non of my biz if him n tinubu shoot each other
Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by mrnuur(m): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
YomeeTeen:
Saraki is gradually drifting from the APC

Saraki is PDP in spirit but APC in body

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by phemybof(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
Na GURU MARAJI he go host next

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by seunlayi(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
weldone sir, hope you have started parking?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by gen2briz(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
eleko1:
wink grin anything 70 bi Youth here nah

I don't care, he should just remove the word we.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) by MadCow1: 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Outfit To AY Live Yesterday - Pictures / The United States Reacts To Lekki Shootings / Major Datong Abducted By Bandits At NDA Killed - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.