Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. (27018 Views)

Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? / Available Jobs In Lagos And 14 Other State / No Jobs Or No Employable Graduates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by angeltolly(f): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
angeltolly:

I also got an invite from them, please who can verify this company/farm/address below for us. Thanks

Dear *******,

We are pleased to inform you that you have shortlisted for interview in agric firm based in Lagos.

Interview Dates are;

Mon January 16th 2017

Or Wed Jan 18th 2017.

Time: 9:30am, and the Venue is @ Wealthfields USA, 107 Apapa Road, Off Costain B/stop, Ebute Metta, Lagos.

Please come along with credentials and all relevant documents.

You can Contact Chinyere on 08173317767 for direction.

Thanks

Wealthfieldsusa Team
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by johnime: 1:08am On Jan 16, 2017
angeltolly:

I also got an invite from them, please who can verify this company/farm/address for us. Thanks
they are real
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by angeltolly(f): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2017
johnime:
they are real

Please what is the name of the firm or are these people recruiting for the agric firm? Will appreciate it if you can tell me a bit about the firm
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Orjillala: 7:00am On Jan 17, 2017
angeltolly:

I also got an invite from them, please who can verify this company/farm/address for us. Thanks
Any info yet? Cos i hv som1 in your shoes
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by angeltolly(f): 7:51am On Jan 17, 2017
Orjillala:
Any info yet? Cos i hv som1 in your shoes

No info o, except I mailed the job search engine that sent me the job application to get the authenticity of the company and I got this as their reply........

Hello,

We do not have the job on our website any longer for me to refer to.

I cannot categorically confirm the Organization as they do not have online trail.

I also gave them a call and they said they are into Agriculture. There is no way to confirm this.

You may consider this if you are into any branch of Agriculture, else, I may advise you let it pass.

I wish you the very best.
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 2:23am On Jan 20, 2017
Am really sorry for the late response, I have been a little bit busy and have been offline for a while now..I don't have details about the company, I would advise you do own diligent research about the company. And give it a shot
d4guy:

Good morning sir , God bless you for the wonderful job u re doing here, I got an invite form the company above, pls I need more information about the company , like the name of the company . Thanks
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 2:29am On Jan 20, 2017
A newly established poultry farm near Onitsha,seeks to fill the below roles

Farm Manager

Requirements

B.Sc / HND in Agricultural science and up to 5 years experience in Poultry management.
Must be computer literate.

Farm Supervisor

Requirements

OND in Agric Science and at least 3 years experience.
go to method of application »

Accountant / Admin Manager

Requirements

B.Sc / HND in Accounting and up to 5 years of Industrial experience.
Must be comfortable using computers.

Marketing Officer

Requirements

B.Sc / HND in Marketing with up to 4 years experience
Must be computer literate.

Poultry Farm Hand

Requirements

Must possess S.S.C.E certificate.
Experience In poultry Industry a plus.

Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letter and detailed CV's to: polymoore@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 7:45pm On Jan 23, 2017
There is a vacancy for the position of a Fish Pond Manager.

Requirements
- B.sc/HND in Agriculture science, Agronomy and other relevant discipline
- Must have worked in a Fishery Yard/ pond
- 2 years +
- Male/Female

Duties
- Undertaking investigative surveys of water quality and the health, spawning and movement of fish
- Policing waterways to check for unlawful fishing
- Liaising with the planning departments of local authorities about the location of new buildings etc
- Checking anglers’ licences
- Writing reports
- Preparing evidence and statements for prosecution cases
- Catching, measuring, examining and releasing fish and assessing their health
- Making improvements to habitats through work on streams and river banks
- Providing advice about the location of fish stock
- Handling general enquiries from the public
- Granting licences to move fish
- Working with other organisations to plan environmental projects
- Offering information and advice to sports fisheries about legal/importation restrictions
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation/EU directives
- Responsible for fish hatchery

Applicant must possess

- excellent analytical
- organisational,
- interpersonal skills
- communication skills
- Self-motivated
- Genuine enthusiasm.
- Confident working independently and in teams.
- Work smart
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e word, excel, Access and power point
- Good knowledge of fish hatchery

Interested and qualified applicant should forward his/her updated CV to cv@ascentech.com.ng on or before 26th Jan, 2017.
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Nicogen4us(f): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Certifiedkomo:
There is a vacancy for the position of a Fish Pond Manager.

Requirements
- B.sc/HND in Agriculture science, Agronomy and other relevant discipline
- Must have worked in a Fishery Yard/ pond
- 2 years +
- Male/Female

Duties
- Undertaking investigative surveys of water quality and the health, spawning and movement of fish
- Policing waterways to check for unlawful fishing
- Liaising with the planning departments of local authorities about the location of new buildings etc
- Checking anglers’ licences
- Writing reports
- Preparing evidence and statements for prosecution cases
- Catching, measuring, examining and releasing fish and assessing their health
- Making improvements to habitats through work on streams and river banks
- Providing advice about the location of fish stock
- Handling general enquiries from the public
- Granting licences to move fish
- Working with other organisations to plan environmental projects
- Offering information and advice to sports fisheries about legal/importation restrictions
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation/EU directives
- Responsible for fish hatchery

Applicant must possess

- excellent analytical
- organisational,
- interpersonal skills
- communication skills
- Self-motivated
- Genuine enthusiasm.
- Confident working independently and in teams.
- Work smart
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e word, excel, Access and power point
- Good knowledge of fish hatchery

Interested and qualified applicant should forward his/her updated CV to cv@ascentech.com.ng on or before 26th Jan, 2017.
location pls

1 Like

Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Sleezwizz: 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
I need a job vacancy in any agric firm oo. I studied forestry and wildlife management at unaab, Abeokuta. Finished in 2014 with a strong 2:1. An entry level job in any agric firm will be highly appreciated.

Worked as can assistant farm coordinator at a farm during my Nysc year.

If u have any offer or job vacancy for me, my email is isiakafemi0706@gmail.com. thanks in advance
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
Sorry for the late response, it's in Lagos
Nicogen4us:

location pls
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 10:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
A reputable farm based in Lagos and Abuja, is currently seeking applications to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Vegetable and Crop Expert/Green House Expert

Job Description
To design, implement the production of vegetable and other crops in a 50 acres farm in Abuja and Lagos.
Requirements
The ideal candidate must have history of performance in such sector within the last 3 years.
Applicants should possess relevant qualifications for this position.

Application Closing Date
15th February, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: feedafricaprojects@gmail.com
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
Kallicey Global is a large firm/Agricultural company, is seeking to recruit experienced personnel for the below position:

Job Title: Assistant Farm Manager

Requirements/Skills
o B.Sc./HND in Agricultural Science with minimum of 3 years related work.
o Full understanding of Poultry and Fishery management process and operations.
o Vast knowledge in Poultry, fish hatchery and management of grow-out.
o Experience in feed composition, crop production and formulation.
o Married & 35 years and above
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2017.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: careers@kalliceyglobal.com using position applying for as the subject matter.

Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 11:09am On Feb 11, 2017
Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP) is well anchored in Nigeria government’s vision for agricultural transformation through commodity value chain approach, with emphasis on enhancing productivity and access to markets for rice and cassava smallholder farmers.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Officer

Introduction
The Federal Government of Nigeria received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards the cost of the Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP).
The VCDP is a six years investment programme presently being implemented in six states of Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Ogun, Niger and Taraba and five Local Government Areas each in all the States.
The Programme’s objective is that the incomes and food security of poor rural households engaged in production, processing and marketing of rice and cassava in the Programme Area are enhanced on a sustainable basis.
The programme has the following components: (a) Agricultural Market Development which includes (Support to value addition and market linkages , Support to market infrastructure ) (b)Small Holders Production Enhancement which includes (Support to farmers organization, Support to small holders production) and (c) Programme Management and Coordination.
Engagement of Knowlege Management and Communication Officer
As part of support to programme management and coordination, the VCDP States Programme Management Units (SPMUs) intend to recruit the position of Knowledge Management and Communication Officer.
Interested candidates are invited to indicate interest for the position of Knowledge Management and Communications Officer in any of the following Value Chain Development Programme States (i) Anambra (ii) Benue (iii) Ebonyi (iv) Niger (v) Ogun and (vi) Taraba.
Job Description
Federal Government of Nigeria
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
FGN/IFAD assisted Value Chain Development Programme
National Programme Management Unit
Main Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management & Communications Officer will have overall responsibility for coordinating, supporting and facilitating Knowledge Management & Communication activities related to the Programme implementation at the state level.
The Officer will work closely with the Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor at the National Programme Management Unit to provide leadership, guidance and capacity building in Knowledge Management & Communications (KMC).
Specific Duties
Develop, maintain and update an appropriate KMC Annual Work Plans and Budgets (AWPBs) which implement the overall VCDP KMC strategy, in order to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of VCDP.
Maintain and develop a contact list of journalists and media outlets, and manage the regular flow of news/information about VCDP's work to the media, ensuring reputational risks are identified and managed;
Ensure that innovative experiences, and good practices are captured, synthesized, documented and shared continuously within the programme and with relevant stakeholders
Write VCDP success stories and articles for project newsletter, website and social media platforms
Prepare a Knowledge Sharing plan of actions at state and local levels for enhancing institutional culture of learning and knowledge-sharing.
Play a leading role in external relations, building relations with key stakeholders, media liaison and public relations;
Guide staff on information collection, processing, and information dissemination methods;
Facilitate knowledge sharing events among FOs and other stakeholders ;
Develop and update project stakeholder contact list and mailing lists for dissemination of project knowledge products;
Generate and/or facilitate the production of specific visibility content including, articles, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated dissemination platforms;
Contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports of the State Programme Management Unit
Maintain updated cataloging of online Resource Center Materials;
Other KMC tasks as required
Qualifications, skills and experience
First degree in a field related to communications, journalism, development or a related discipline.
Minimum of three years of experience in information, knowledge management, and/or development communication, preferably in the agriculture and rural development sector. Experience in media relations and ICT will be an advantage.
Proven ability in documentation and advocacy; demonstrated capacity to develop and oversee implementation of documentation of programme results, presentations, communication and reporting skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills ; experience of interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity; and places a premium on "getting things done".
Strong project management and coordination skills; able to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities with various stakeholders
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit two copies of their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae demonstrating that they have the required qualifications, capacity and relevant experience for the position. The position should be clearly marked at the right corner of the envelope.

All submissions should be addressed and delivered in a sealed envelope to the candidate's state of interest below:
Anambra SPMU
The State Programme Coordinator,
Anambra State VCDP,
ADP Premises, Awka,
State Ministry of Agriculture,
Anambra State.

Benue SPMU
Benue State VCDP, BNARDA Premises,
Km 4, Old Aliade Road,
Makurdi,
Benue State.

Ebonyi SPMU
Ebonyi State VCDP, EBADEP Hq, Complex
Km 8, Abakaliki - Ogoja Highway,
Abakaliki,
Ebonyi State.

Niger SPMU
Niger State VCDP, Opposite Abdulsalam Garage,
Farm Centre, Tunga,
Minna,
Niger State.

Ogun SPMU
Ogun State VCDP, ADP Premises (OGADEP),
Olabisi Onabanjo Way,
Abeokuta,
Ogun State.

Taraba SPMU
Taraba State Assisted VCDP,
TADP Old Office Complex,
Along Wukari Road,
Jalingo,
Taraba State

Note
Interested candidates MUST be resident in the State where he/she is applying to be considered for the position
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in a competitive recruitment process.
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
LN Outsourcing is recruiting for an Experienced Farm Project & Poultry Farm Manager to work on a start-up commercial broiler breeder laying farm based in Ogun state. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Clients expanding and fully integrated agricultural process.

Job Title: Farm Project Manager

JOB DESCRIPTION
The position will be responsible for managing a Start-up farm, from strategic planning through to implementation; Geological surveys, layout of farm production process and providing professional advice to the management.

RESPONSIBILITIES
· Managing relationship between the farm and Technical consultants and suppliers.
· Coordinate planting, irrigation, fertilizer application, harvesting, grading, and recordkeeping
· Train and provide orientation to farm staff.
· Manage relationships with government officials, regulatory bodies, community and ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
· Work with Farm Accountant to ensure accurate budgeting proper documentation of Farm Expenses and
· Maintaining and monitoring the quality of crop yield
· Provide guidance and expert advice to management on technical, systems, or process-related subjects.
· Perform other related duties as required or assigned

REQUIREMENT
Qualifications: HND/B.Sc in relevant Field
Experience:
· 5+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years of experience developing and executing agricultural projects
· Commercial farming management experience
· Experience in Farm management activities like irrigation management
· Good interpersonal and leadership skills
· Good hands-on computer skills using (using Ms-Excel and Word)

Other Skills / competences: Agricultural Extension Services

2: Farm Manager
An Experienced Farm Manager to work on a start-up commercial broiler breeder laying farm based in Ogun state. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Clients expanding and fully integrated agricultural process.

The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the farm and its team. Responsibilities will include:

Ensuring all aspects of running the farm are met
Maintaining safe working practices
Managing and motivating a team
Ensuring welfare of livestock
Ventilation management
Feed management
Vaccinations
Production performance
Record keeping

The successful candidate should have experience in Chicken Breeding however someone with other poultry stockmanship experience would be considered.

Other Skills

Effective people management skills
Ability to carry out manual duties
Proficient computer skills

Qualification: HND/B.Sc Animal husbandry / Animal science

To apply for this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word format please) to jobs@sasafarms.com or jobs@lnoutsourcing.ng

Benefits:

A competitive remuneration package plus accommodation is offered, including
· Full Health care package for Immediate Family
· Housing
· Accident & Life Insurance

2 Likes

Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Orjillala: 11:54am On Mar 13, 2017
pls opp. What do you knw about Rossland consulting. How reputable are they?
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by basiratoyindamo: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tractors for hire in any part of south west nigeria Osun, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, Lagos at cheapest and affordable rate. For more details whatsapp only +18326799523
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
Just seeing this now, I don't know really know much about the company boss.
Orjillala:
pls opp. What do you knw about Rossland consulting. How reputable are they?
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by khristal87(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2017
I also got an invite fr d post poultry farm expert at wealthfields USA....pls does any one hv info abt dia salary structure? I am in taraba, i wnt to get concrete info bf i leave
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by angeltolly(f): 1:56pm On May 25, 2017
khristal87:
I also got an invite fr d post poultry farm expert at wealthfields USA....pls does any one hv info abt dia salary structure? I am in taraba, i wnt to get concrete info bf i leave

Don't bother yourself traveling to lagos because of those wealthfields people. They do not have any online presence.

1 Like

Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Hollawayn05(m): 10:15am On May 30, 2017
God bless you @ certifiedkomo
i got a job through dis thread ...
Jazakumulai KHAIRAN
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 12:01am On Oct 08, 2017
Amen boss!
Hollawayn05:
God bless you @ certifiedkomo
i got a job through dis thread ...
Jazakumulai KHAIRAN
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 12:03am On Oct 08, 2017
So sorry it's been long I posted agricultural jobs here, have been a little bit busy lately but am back now!!!
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 12:05am On Oct 08, 2017
Investment Analyst job at Sahel Capital Agribusiness Manager Limited.

Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 12:08am On Oct 08, 2017
Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers Limited is a leading private equity firm focused exclusively on the Nigerian agribusiness sector. We adopt an integrated approach to deliver tailored capital solutions that meet the unique needs of companies and our investment partners. Partnership with Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers delivers significant benefits including quality financial and operational experience, strong developmental impact and access to a powerful network of global relationships.

Sahel Capital is fund manager for Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria (“FAFIN”) an agricultural focused SME private equity fund.
Use This And You Will Lose 6kg In 7 Days!
Key Responsibilities of an Investment Analyst

Fund Management

Development of the Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria (“FAFIN”)
-Investment analysis

-Due diligence and

-Transaction execution.

Conduct market, industry and company research related to investment opportunities.
Perform valuation and deal structuring analysis.
Prepare PowerPoint and Word reports summarising research, analyses and investment recommendations.
Support senior management and other company initiatives

Preferred Candidate Qualifications

Undergraduate degree from an accredited tertiary institution
Ideally 1-3 years work experience in Finance, Accounting or Consulting.
Strong communication and analytical skills
Previous private equity experience is not essential but will be an added advantage.
Entry Requirements

Qualified candidates should send their CVs to recruiting@sahelcp.com with Subject: “Investment Analyst” by Friday, October 13, 2017.

1 Share

Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 12:13am On Oct 08, 2017
Leron Concepts Ltd is a full flesh Agricultural firm which specializes in Agro farming, Arable crops and Cash crops. We are a subsidiary of Efficacy Group of companies, we have farms across the western region of Nigeria starting from Ogun state, Osun state, Oyo state and some parts of Lagos.

Job Title: Farm Manager

Job Description
Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
Clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
Forward Planning
Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
Budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records
Organizing sales and purchases of farm equipment, crops and agricultural products
Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
Recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers
Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets
Requirements
Minimum of OND with not less than 3 years of farm experience.
All applicants must have the ability to follow given instruction.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2017.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: careers@efficacyconstruction.com Using 'Farm Manager' as the subject of the mail.
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 12:16am On Oct 08, 2017
Bdellium Consult Limited offers professional services to investors and active participants in Nigeria’s agribusiness. The key strategic thrust of our agenda is to reduce the overbearing involvement of big government in all the important aspects of the agricultural value chain and create an environment that attracts interest from serious investors.

Job Title: Operations Officer

Job Description
Record Keeping
Stock taking
Internal audit of sales
Technical information gathering
Meeting management
Fund handling/processing
Interact with other officers/clients
Advantage:
Social media management capability will be an added advantage
Requirements
Applicants with qualifications in Agricultural Economics OR Extension and management with at least 1-2 years post NYSC experience are at advantage.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2017.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and applications to: info@bdelliumconsult.org
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
PASSIONATE ABOUT AGRICULTURE?

We are looking for a seasoned and passionate agriculture person to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria.

Position: Agric Consultant

FULL TIME

Work Experience: 5+ years

JOB DESCRIPTION

Provide advice on the use and management of agricultural land.

Advise agricultural landowners on financial issues and business strategy, as well as how to make the most effective use of the land.

Give business and legislative advice to clients concerning their agriculture related problems to ensure their business or enterprise is running as efficiently as possible.

Visit farms to conduct analyses and collect data, such as crop yield

Measure, analyze and interpret data

conducting land valuations

advise clients on compliance with current legislation

Give demonstrations and presentations

Spearhead and drive marketing services of the consultancy.

Develop and maintain prospects and client contacts

Maintain awareness of developments in the wider agricultural sector

Attend industry or sector related conferences

Prepare reports

Draft and agree project objectives making sure that all the aims of the project are met in a timely manner

Provide advice on the management of projects making sure the quality standards are met

Organize the various professional people working on a project.

Carry out risk assessment

Recruit specialists and sub-contractors

Monitor sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained

Oversee the accounting, costing and billing of clients

Qualifications and experience required

A degree in any of the following:

Agriculture
Agricultural engineering;
Animal or biological science;
Crop and plant science;
Environmental science;
Soil science.
Botany

The successful candidate must have hands-on experience and very obvious entrepreneurial instincts.

Required skills

The ideal candidate shall possess the following:

Excellent communication skills
Marketing, negotiation and advisory skills, for the development of new business opportunities and the building of a client base;
Strong business acumen
Technical and analytical skills with the ability to explain findings clearly;
The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team;
Financial skills and the ability to manage budgets;
Ability to drive and a driving license;
Good attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
Ability to make sound judgment and take initiative
Sales and persuasion skills, along with the ability to maintain relationships
Technical and analytical skills
Proficiency in IT
The ability to work well within a team
Passion for advising and supporting clients
A broad knowledge of agriculture and farm management
Resilient and focused

APPLY NOW:
For more details and to apply click the link below.

https://recruit.zoho.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=9syjA6FeW95rQSbRA@Zvw8f7RApvpFptSiVeAnQb2ik-&embedsource=Embed
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
A fast growing Poultry located in Ogun State, seeks a self-driven, dedicated and resourceful candidate to fill the position below:

Job Title: Farm Manager/ Farm Supervisor

Requirements
B.Sc in Agric or Animal Husbandry
2-4 years experience as an active poultry farmer
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2017.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their written applications and a complete Resume to: glinxjob@yahoo.com
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by umbo: 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
Certifiedkomo:
PASSIONATE ABOUT AGRICULTURE?

We are looking for a seasoned and passionate agriculture person to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria.

Position: Agric Consultant

FULL TIME

Work Experience: 5+ years

JOB DESCRIPTION

Provide advice on the use and management of agricultural land.

Advise agricultural landowners on financial issues and business strategy, as well as how to make the most effective use of the land.

Give business and legislative advice to clients concerning their agriculture related problems to ensure their business or enterprise is running as efficiently as possible.

Visit farms to conduct analyses and collect data, such as crop yield

Measure, analyze and interpret data

conducting land valuations

advise clients on compliance with current legislation

Give demonstrations and presentations

Spearhead and drive marketing services of the consultancy.

Develop and maintain prospects and client contacts

Maintain awareness of developments in the wider agricultural sector

Attend industry or sector related conferences

Prepare reports

Draft and agree project objectives making sure that all the aims of the project are met in a timely manner

Provide advice on the management of projects making sure the quality standards are met

Organize the various professional people working on a project.

Carry out risk assessment

Recruit specialists and sub-contractors

Monitor sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained

Oversee the accounting, costing and billing of clients

Qualifications and experience required

A degree in any of the following:

Agriculture
Agricultural engineering;
Animal or biological science;
Crop and plant science;
Environmental science;
Soil science.
Botany

The successful candidate must have hands-on experience and very obvious entrepreneurial instincts.

Required skills

The ideal candidate shall possess the following:

Excellent communication skills
Marketing, negotiation and advisory skills, for the development of new business opportunities and the building of a client base;
Strong business acumen
Technical and analytical skills with the ability to explain findings clearly;
The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team;
Financial skills and the ability to manage budgets;
Ability to drive and a driving license;
Good attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
Ability to make sound judgment and take initiative
Sales and persuasion skills, along with the ability to maintain relationships
Technical and analytical skills
Proficiency in IT
The ability to work well within a team
Passion for advising and supporting clients
A broad knowledge of agriculture and farm management
Resilient and focused

APPLY NOW:
For more details and to apply click the link below.

https://recruit.zoho.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=9syjA6FeW95rQSbRA@Zvw8f7RApvpFptSiVeAnQb2ik-&embedsource=Embed

pls d link shared appears invalid
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
VACANCY

Accelerated Building Technologies Limited, requires the services of three thousand and ninety six (3096) motivated and energetic individuals familiar with agricultural technology and relevant field work for its Comprehensive Local Agriculture Plan (C-LAP) project in the 774 Local Government Areas of Nigeria. C-LAP is an Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) project. Project C-LAP is a blueprint for bringing about ‘Agricultural Revolution’ in Nigeria.

Each LGA has a total of 4 vacancies; (1) Agriculture Officer (3) Field Data Collectors

Candidate must reside in the LGA of interest, and should be able to communicate in the local language

*To apply for the above positions please visit our website at https://c-lap.org/vacancies/

**Applicants must also submit hard copies of the applications to the office of the LGA Chairman of their Local Government Area of origin.

**Last date to apply is Monday, October 23, 2017. Application received after the deadline will not be considered.

https://c-lap.org/vacancies/
Re: Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. by Certifiedkomo: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Copy and paste the link into your browser. https://recruit.zohopublic.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=9syjA6FeW95rQSbRA@Zvw8f7RApvpFptSiVeAnQb2ik-&embedsource=Embed
umbo:

pls d link shared appears invalid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria / Should I Drop First Bank Contract Staff For Orange Group? / MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.