Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe (31973 Views)

Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts / CCT Trial: Why Saraki Cannot Be Allowed To Go Like Tinubu – Justice Umar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Bloggz74(m): 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
kossyablaze:
Hmmmm he try for this one shaa
I'm ashamed of u saying this.
If his junketting allowed our beans into europe then what is he supposed to do as a president?
Misplaced arguement!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by great664(m): 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
didn't see anywhere in the post that the ban was lifted cuz of his travels? or am I missing something?

Zombies will always remain Zombies...

Was it not allowed before the Ban last year?

SMH

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nychillax(m): 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
Symphony007:
Useless lie! Nigeria has been exporting beans to Europe since but it was stopped as the EU food agency found that the beans contained too much pesticides and did not meet standards, but now the ban has been lifted after Nigerian authorities reverted back to the old standard of exports....stupid lies to justify the ineptitude and frivolous travels of this president.

an APC mod must have edited the title and posted it on frontpage
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by cr7lomo: 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
The picture of buhari flagging us bye bye on the stair case of the presidential jet is the most popular picture of the president ever

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by banme1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
They will soon deny. Just watch out
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Affable200(m): 10:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Very good
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Willybos(m): 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
Symphony007:
Useless lie! Nigeria has been exporting beans to Europe since but it was stopped as the EU food agency found that the beans contained too much pesticides and did not meet standards, but now the ban has been lifted after Nigerian authorities reverted back to the old standard of exports....stupid lies to justify the ineptitude and frivolous travels of this president.
for how long will u keep continue wit dis nefarious attitude?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by henrygale(m): 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
These people don come again!
I think Nigeria has been exporting beans to Europe before now(pls correct me if am wrong),coz if not,how come d last one dey exported was rejected due to having being infested with weevils! And ds led to d ban of beans export from Nigeria to Europe! So guess deyv sorted out the cause of dat wrong,and we r back on track. So how did buhari's globetrotting make us start exporting beans to Europe when we've been exporting it before but suffered a temporary ban!?
Dem no c anything to show for d globetrotting yet,so dey decided to hang it on poor beans. Na WA o! kiss

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by dustydee: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
When will we stop being petty?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by AreaFada2: 10:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
tommykiwi:
Mctchew...Story for the gods.

Is it not the same beans Ireland returned just weeks ago due to weevil overload or is Ireland not part of EU again? grin cheesy

Na wa o. With so much bad news, APC people are clutching at every slight news to save face. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Kingspin(m): 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
The NL headline is misleading, what cõncern PMb travelling and beans.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Adalberto(m): 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
beans allowed to Us UK or whatever? ? how does that affect us see me see trouble,......the problem of Nigeria is poverty. ... period!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Flamezreal(m): 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
The beans wey never do us chop 4 Nijar... chai disaster is looming in this country o. Make it surplus before exporting it.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by henrygale(m): 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
psquaret:
Buhari Foreign Trip Yielding Result:nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe

An European Union team came to inspect NAFDAC’s central lab

– The visit is set to lift the ban on Nigerian beans and other agricultural products

– NAFDAC assures that exported goods go through rigorous screening

In what might be considered a boost to Nigeria’s export trade, there are indications that the European Union may lift its ban on the importation of Nigerian beans, Vanguard reports.

The European Food Safety Authority placed a ban on the importation of beans from Nigeria to European countries in 2015 but there are indications this will be lifted by June.

The European authority banned some agricultural produce which included beans from Nigeria, on the basis that the rejected beans were found to contain between 0.03mg per kilogramme to 4.6mg/kg of dichlorvos pesticide, when the acceptable maximum residue limit is 0.01mg/kg.

The new development came after the visit of an EU team to the central laboratory of the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in Lagos.

The team was reportedly in Nigeria to carry out an inspection on the procedures of NAFDAC to ensure that future exports of beans and other agricultural produce from Nigeria meet the standards of importing countries.

Mrs. Yetunde Oni, who is the acting director general of NFDAC, said during the inspection that the beans that resulted in the ban were smuggled out of Nigeria and did not pass through the agency. She said the ban had had a negative effect on Nigeria’s economy. “The ban was placed about a year ago due to high insecticide residue in beans but let me sound a note of caution here that the beans that were rejected never passed through NAFDAC, they were beans produce smuggled out of the country.

The ban has brought about a huge economic loss in the sense that Nigeria has expanse of land, we have a lot of farmers that produce beans and the beans are not able to go out.” She gave her assurance that agricultural produce that passes through the agency never gets rejected because of the rigorous process it goes through before certification.

https://www.naij.com/771321-good-news-europe-lift-ban-importation-nigerian-food.html
D beans sef dey claim isn't affordable for Nigerians sef despite d expanse of land and lots of farmers we have. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Alimtoheeb:
Am waiting for the wailers that keep saying that his travellings are of no benefit to us.........for ur info, this one is good news for a good citizen of Nigeria.
common beans almajiri never chop belle full na to carry go obodo oyibo ,give people wet get enough to chop
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by 4nobody4every1: 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
omenka:
I will vote him a gazillion times over. cheesy

My only fear is, hope we don't run out of beans to feed Kanu with because of this. As we export, we should bear in mind our prisoners in Kuje.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by AreaFada2: 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
cr7lomo:
The picture of buhari flagging us bye bye on the stair case of the presidential jet is the most popular picture of the president ever

Presidency by absenteeism & photography is the APC way.

Some are already secretly biting their finger and cringing seeing all this junketing.

After bashing GEJ so much with presidential jet fleet yarn.

Oga Bubu is flexing the fleet now. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by say4gunit(m): 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
omenka:
I will vote him a gazillion times over. cheesy

My only fear is, hope we don't run out of beans to feed Kanu with because of this. As we export, we should bear in mind our prisoners in Kuje.
I no get fuel!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by afeezzezo: 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abeg Who Naija Beans Don Help??
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Kayolamzy: 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
CHANGE IS COMING GRADUALLY
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by excel101(m): 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
I thought EU banned importation of bean from 9ja as a result of the then killer beans in 1996, not knowing it was just recently(2015) it meant dat d importation nd ban has a negligible impart to our economy
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Emekamex(m): 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
This has nothing to do with his travels, the people that deserve the praise is NAFDAC. I know people want Buhari to succeed, but attributing this to him is plain sycophancy. We all remember how we praised him when the refineries became functional and were also quick to blame Kachikwu instead of Buhari when fuel scarcity surfaced.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by JW214: 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Symphony007:

I read the whole report and didn't find just a sentence that suggests Buhari's visit or meeting with any country or person made the foreign agency visit NAFDAC laboratory.

Most of the people that made comments here did not even read before jumping on their keypad.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Rexnegro(m): 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
even when wailers hear good news they still wail....na wa o for some people o...they better face reality that pmb is now the captain of the ship And Not that gutless, clueless, mindless man called gej.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by alexlee50: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
The export of nigerian beans to europe is not as a result of the presidents frequent trips abroad. Nigeria has been expoting beans to europe before now, a ban was recently placed on nigerian beans and some containers of nigerian beans returned back as a result of high concentration of pesticides in the beans.the inspection of the nafdac labs is a follow up on the ban to enable nigeria export her beans.it isn't a fallout of the presidents visit overseas as the op wants us to believe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by plaetton: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
psquaret:
Buhari Foreign Trip Yielding Result:nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe

An European Union team came to inspect NAFDAC’s central lab

– The visit is set to lift the ban on Nigerian beans and other agricultural products

– NAFDAC assures that exported goods go through rigorous screening

In what might be considered a boost to Nigeria’s export trade, there are indications that the European Union may lift its ban on the importation of Nigerian beans, Vanguard reports.

The European Food Safety Authority placed a ban on the importation of beans from Nigeria to European countries in 2015 but there are indications this will be lifted by June.

The European authority banned some agricultural produce which included beans from Nigeria, on the basis that the rejected beans were found to contain between 0.03mg per kilogramme to 4.6mg/kg of dichlorvos pesticide, when the acceptable maximum residue limit is 0.01mg/kg.

The new development came after the visit of an EU team to the central laboratory of the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in Lagos.

The team was reportedly in Nigeria to carry out an inspection on the procedures of NAFDAC to ensure that future exports of beans and other agricultural produce from Nigeria meet the standards of importing countries.

Mrs. Yetunde Oni, who is the acting director general of NFDAC, said during the inspection that the beans that resulted in the ban were smuggled out of Nigeria and did not pass through the agency. She said the ban had had a negative effect on Nigeria’s economy. “The ban was placed about a year ago due to high insecticide residue in beans but let me sound a note of caution here that the beans that were rejected never passed through NAFDAC, they were beans produce smuggled out of the country.

The ban has brought about a huge economic loss in the sense that Nigeria has large expanse of land, we have a lot of farmers that produce beans and the beans are not able to go out.” She gave her assurance that agricultural produce that passes through the agency never gets rejected because of the rigorous process it goes through before certification.

https://www.naij.com/771321-good-news-europe-lift-ban-importation-nigerian-food.html

Liar liar.

The lies that peddled to shore up an overwhelmingly incompetent Administration is simply mind boggling.

The European Union, when they banned the beans IMPORTS last June, had Already said that they would review the ban and lift the ban if the conditions are met in 12 months.

This issue has Zero to do with Buhari.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
How anybody will attribute the lifting of the ban on Nigerian beans export to the EU is beyond me. The ban happened because of high levels of pesticides found in Nigerian beans, it took the ban by the EU for NAFDAC to wake up to its responsibility of ensuring food safety. Rather than ask for the resignation of the DG of Nafdac for incompetence, people are here jumping and down in praise of Mr. President. Some Nigerians truly can be very annoying.

It is okay for NAFDAC to ensure that beans meant for export to the EU is safe for human consumption while doing nothing to see that beans sold in our markets is safe. Is the Nigerian life less than the European one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by bamdexfarms(m): 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
welcome development. I hope smoked fish ban will be lifted soon. my product must reach Europe soon!!!.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by bamdexfarms(m): 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
welcome development. I hope smoked fish ban will be lifted soon. my product must reach Europe soon!!!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Breaks Fast With Prison Inmates, Eats With Them (Photos) / Sale Ahmad Sale 'Baban Hassan' Killed By Nigerian Army / Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.