Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (29443 Views)

IPOB Members And Hausas Clash At Oyigbo In Rivers State (Photos) / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ghost01(m): 6:57am On Apr 01, 2016
Jico87:

Scrap present agency or rebrand it and give it new perspective then make it independent
Bah! Incessant scraping and rebranding of government agencies is one of the problems developing countries like Nigeria are faced with. Such developments breed discontinuities, which is harmful to long-term planning. There is nothing wrong with the mandates of the EFCC or the ICPC or the Attorney-General's office or even the Nigerian Police. I do agree on the case for more independence though.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by udeh3(m): 6:59am On Apr 01, 2016
mideactive:
Most of d crimes being handled by d efcc/icpc ar crimes committed by d people dat wer involved in d pdp govt of d last administration,n we al knw our justice system is very slow.I'm sure al those indicted wl be persecuted,it's just a matter of time.true we cannot say d present administration don't av very corrupt ppl but,I thing it should be handled one @ a time.n care must be taken so as not to put Nigeria in a very bad shap.perhaps,d past govt had every opportunity to deal wit d corrupt once in d apc,wat stoped him.is mr aribisala sayin dat we shold let d criminals go just bcus we don't want to witch hunt 'em?hw can an elderly man be against somethin like dis?is he sayin bcus Efcc n icpc wer formed by pdp,it cannot be used by apc.wat happens to Continuity?personally,I think we'r on a d right part,al we need is to subtract n add not to completely Condemn d process.so many revelations,so many Enlightenment,d people ar more aware now.is dat not something?wat's wrong wit men like aribisala?

What about the corrupt in APC, are they now saint? Corruption should not be regional, emotional and political. All the structure used in fighting corruption today were the work of the PDP govt...

Today, Ameachi is not corrupt while Wike is... Is that a serious war aganist corruption? As I speak, numerous charges brought aganist Sambo Dasuki has been finally brought to four, while even the four charges lacks evidence to nail him, yet he has not be freed. What about the Nnamdi Kanu and the Ekiti state lawmakers who are abused using military men everyday, is that not corruption?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by yunnyp(m): 7:15am On Apr 01, 2016
mideactive:
Der is notin new2 point out,it's we on NL n every other forum available.his speach is too one sided,it's completely against d poor Nigerians.agreed,we av lapses,must he condem d whole process?he could av easily pointed out areas wer. We need improvements.he speaks as if he is Shielding corruption,n like a card caryin member of pdp.he's an elder,he should knw better

so anybody that speaks against how the Corruption war has been going, is a PDP member?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Goke7: 7:17am On Apr 01, 2016
Guys like FEMI are just pained with the person of PMB, that's all, we never heard all his noise during GEJ's reign despite the humongous corruption going on.

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by kutchs: 7:24am On Apr 01, 2016
Goke7:
Guys like FEMI are just pained with the person of PMB, that's all, we never heard all his noise during GEJ's reign despite the humongous corruption going on.
Up till today you haven't been able to prove any of those humongous corruption charges against GEJ and you still make noise.

It isn't enough to claim and allege that a person stole #1billion, prove your case beyond reasonable doubt and not resort to media trial to damage the image of the person..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by kutchs: 7:27am On Apr 01, 2016
Ghost01:
Saraki is no longer a member of the APC, ko? The hypocrisy of you guys stinks. At present, most of the attention is still on Defence, especially the arms deal. And that's why majority of those on trial are those who were in the last government or close to it. The money for security was used to prosecute the election in favour of Jonathan, and that explains why most of those presently on EFCC's radar are members of the opposition and its affiliates. How many time will the incumbent government come out to explain itself on this before it enters into your cerebral cortex? The files on the NNPC, last we were told, were still being compiled. This time around, it is systematic anti-corruption crusade. Blame the Buhari government for falling very short of boosting the economy, but it is doing okay in the fight against corruption.
Well even the blind knows where the Saraki's case is coming from.
Saraki would have been another Amaechi if he hasn't gone against party's arrangement and direction.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by SUPERPACK: 7:50am On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
Who held ur fingers from typing. Zombie
wailing robot.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by OneManLegion(m): 7:53am On Apr 01, 2016
freeze001:

There is a reason why it is said that half-truths are more dangerous than outright lies. You see, deception is a major hallmark of manipulation/witchcraft and that is what half-truths are all about.

Imagine a man to be burning up due to heat and d known cure is some cool, clear water. That man can see d water from afar, some in a position to help are playing with it or letting it go to waste but he sees that a few determined steps will get him to that water and he can start to heal. He's beginning to make progress and he's emboldened because he can see d water!

Suddenly someone along with a large number of those who carted away or wasted ds water come together, berate those who control n let d water run then shut it off; they go ahead and inundate d man with tales of how others have wasted d water, it's no longer there and they're going to get it to him rather than have him move. At the end, they come with a jar filled with clear liquid to the man, he's so overjoyed that his sufferings are over only to gulp down and have his throat seared by raw acid! Yet they preach that the other players, including some that were there too have exhausted it and insist they have supplied water n not acid despite seeing d man rolling in more agony than he'd ever been. When they need a drink though they can still turn it on strictly for cronies.

Which would he prefer? Getting to d water that was freely flowing or having a jar full of deception handed to him?

That is Nigeria now...wallowing under deception and more pain than ever. Yet they keep preaching change...
It is better not to fight corruption at all than do so selectively. Selective corruption war is corruption itself and it opens that which u claim to seek to preserve to even more deadly foxes who have the art of deception down to a tee.

Your analogy is defective.

Buhari's government IS recovering loots.

They are witch-hunting. Emphasis on witch.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by viktoooh: 7:56am On Apr 01, 2016
Why bring party loyalist to speak in a forum as this, Ezekwesili is a hidden supporter of the Apc couple with Sagay. The organisers of this forum needs a deep thought concerning selecting neutral panel members. Aribisala spoke we'll.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by freeze001(f): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2016
OneManLegion:

Your analogy is defective.

Buhari's government IS recovering loots.

They are witch-hunting. Emphasis on witch.

Recovering loot that Nigerians are not allowed to be privy to huh? Where is the $200 billion that is supposed to be on its way from Dubai?

Please, it's better not to start what one cannot finish. GMB would have fared better creating/strengthening our institutional n legal framework first to forestall further losses. Though income has reduced, we are not totally without income. It would have been better to set the machinery rolling for forward development so that Nigerians are not left in worse situations than they were before him.

While focusing on the critical sectors, he would have succeeded in lulling looters into a false sense of security and then, when the legal fishing net is better fixed and with diligent investigation conducted and incontrovertible evidence of crime gathered, d security agencies van swing into action knowing that the holes in the net have been reduced and d net itself stronger.
It will then catch n hold criminals easily while development is still felt in other sectors.

At the end, corruption is really exposed n dealt with and the people can truly appreciate the change. As it has now, it all looks like a Houdini act n a game of smoke and mirrors.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by mideactive: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2016
I'm nt Apc,I'm a Nigerian.Aribisala is shieldin corruption n,it's nt patriotic

yunnyp:

so anybody that speaks against how the Corruption war has been going, is a PDP member?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by OneManLegion(m): 8:23am On Apr 01, 2016
freeze001:

Recovering loot that Nigerians are not allowed to be privy to huh? Where is the $200 billion that is supposed to be on its way from Dubai?

Please, it's better not to start what one cannot finish. GMB would have fared better creating/strengthening our institutional n legal framework first to forestall further losses. Though income has reduced, we are not totally without income. It would have been better to set the machinery rolling for forward development so that Nigerians are not left in worse situations than they were before him.

While focusing on the critical sectors, he would have succeeded in lulling looters into a false sense of security and then, when the legal fishing net is better fixed and with diligent investigation conducted and incontrovertible evidence of crime gathered, d security agencies van swing into action knowing that the holes in the net have been reduced and d net itself stronger.
It will then catch n hold criminals easily while development is still felt in other sectors.

At the end, corruption is really exposed n dealt with and the people can truly appreciate the change. As it has now, it all looks like a Houdini act n a game of smoke n mirrors.

I daresay you've read one crime novel too many.

The recovered loots will be kept somewhere safe and the paper-work will be tendered as exhibits in court during prosecution.

What is this you're saying about fixing the critical institutions while lulling the looters into a state of false security? Lol. That will simply give the looters time to clear the paper trails and wipe their mouth clean. By the time you're ready to face the looters, there'd be no documentation of their unabashed theft and they'll be the same people mouthing off on how you've failed to prosecute anyone.

Just in case you didn't know, he IS focusing on critical sectors AND fighting corruption. The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

He's being slow because he's trying to be meticulous.

I may doubt his methods but I don't doubt his sincerity.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by josite: 8:25am On Apr 01, 2016
Keneking:
I never take femi aribisala pastor serious

the likes of us who dont even know him before now,nowtakes him very serious,now loves and admire him for being too right on point and for rubbishing the whole set up probably sponsored by the government.AND i was a member of that faculty and that university at all level.femi aribisala was right.buhari is simply wasting everybody's time.can he ever moved against tinubu,atiku,obasanjo,ibb? can he?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by mideactive: 8:27am On Apr 01, 2016
I'm nt sayin apc members ar clean neither did I call dem saints,wat I'm sayin is dat dis govt. Is taken a step,they av awaken our Conciseness.if we keep frustrating dis process,we'l only end up dragin ourselves bag.n always expect d president to exibit some eliment of partiality,cust he's also human.d gud thing is dat,we'r takin a step..

udeh3:

What about the corrupt in APC, are they now saint? Corruption should not be regional, emotional and political. All the structure used in fighting corruption today were the work of the PDP govt...

Today, Ameachi is not corrupt while Wike is... Is that a serious war aganist corruption? As I speak, numerous charges brought aganist Sambo Dasuki has been finally brought to four, while even the four charges lacks evidence to nail him, yet he has not be freed. What about the Nnamdi Kanu and the Ekiti state lawmakers who are abused using military men everyday, is that not corruption?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by noblegrex: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2016
Jico87:

If in a crate of 12 eggs like four are bad and out of the four one of it is very big and you like big eggs so much would you remove the three small egg that are bad and leave the big bad egg which can ruin the remaining eggs or you remove everything. I guess you would do the former not the later you really an educated zombie
I guess I can't find any sense in what you illustrated. I really can't connect the scenerio. Pls dumb be reasonable for once ehn.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by chibaik(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Femi thank you for standing out. The students who clapped were clapping because someone made statement that will better their future and people who have been deceiving Nigerians were not comfortable.

We are fighting corruption with arrest of Metuh because he is the PDP spokesman. Dasuki is corrupt because he arrested someone in 1985. Orubebeh is corrupt because he challenged Jega.

But Tinubu, Amaechi and all others in APC are saints right?

Mtchewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by noblegrex: 8:50am On Apr 01, 2016
Jesona:

Oga, if after all you read that post and you could not spot the points, Femi raised there, then, there is really a serious problem, perhaps you need help.
The points he raised, are they realities on ground or not? Your answer will address what you called trash!
it only take a wise man to see jargons in words the fools sees as wisdom. What exactly are the points that the fool raised. He's clamouring for another body to fight corruption when we've got a handfull of them. Even if they're not 'effective' is creating another one an option. He said the fight against corruption is wintch hunting that this government should fight all and sundry.how can that be done when he just spent 1yr of 4yrs. As foolish as he is. Will PMB order for everyone to go to court at once.the fight against corruption still continues and he must start from somewhere. Infact,the guy is a Buffon and he's got like minds like him here. Same dumbo people evrywhere. Well,I'll advice you ask for wisdom to be able to see the reasons of wise men. Shikena.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by mideactive: 8:54am On Apr 01, 2016
Al u can point out to a tukur son's case but,we al knw dat was playin wit d mind of Nigerians.u really don't get my point,it's nt about supportin pmb or wishin him success.it's more about makin Nigeria a better place 4 us al.I think it 'l be very wrong 4 u 2 conclude on d present govt.don't 4get,gej was already in govt b4 he was elected.4 d 11month he spent out of d remainin tenor of Yah'dua was a complete waste,ppl Argued dat it wasn't his tenor,dat he'l do better if given his own mandate.wat did we get?wat 'l u gain if dis govt fails,wat 'l be ur benefit?I knw of two types of ppl dat 'l want dis govt.2 fail;d very greedy pdp members dat don't care about Nigeria just wants power n, d people those dat still can't get over gej defeat now Clamoring 4 biafra.ppl like me wil nt alow u kil dis govt.,pmb must also be given some tym like we dave everyone else.perhaps gej promised stable power @ d end of 2011,wer is d stable power now?

theshadyexpress:

thank God you did not deny that jonathan prosecuted his friends and as for supporting buhari, well i dont relate with obvious failures

Quote: A chick that will grow into a cock will start showing signs from day one

buhari is just a big failure-in-progress
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by ndcide(m): 8:58am On Apr 01, 2016
ayindejimmy:

What your Mr Femi failed to comprehend is that the war on corruption has to start from somewhere.
And his speech gave his sentiments for PDP away.
I am really ashamed of our youths if they actually applauded such a lopsided premeditated defence of PDP.

I don't actually care who's being prosecuted as long as the person is guilty.
We must start from somewhere

No one has any problems if you want to keep deceiving yourself. Yes corruption fight must start somewhere but must be seen to be wholistic. If you want to brand your corruption fight as a fight against the opposition party, you've failed absolutely. In fact it shouldn't remotely be seen that way. Not everyone wants to see pdp with the label of corruption that APC want to force on it, giving that they are almost the same. when we all also know that corruption actually oils the engine of APC and corruption proceeds also got them to power. Corruption must not have a different definition with APC and PDP, we must not yield to the manipulation of vanquishing other political parties with the toga of corruption, whilst the ruling party entrench their own brand of corruption. That's not going to happen. So who will now challenge APC? We welcomed the entrance of APC as an alternative we are not going to kill other alternatives even if this government keeps giving us figures of stolen money, yet no one is telling us how much was stolen and misappropriated in Lagos and other states.

On sentiments, we all know the sentiments of every speaker in that forum, is it the Sagay that fiercely attacked the person who said we should question the the way osun state government, ran the state. Giving that the State couldn't have gone this low, if something wasn't wrong within the state. Was it a different sagay? Forget sentiments, we must not be narrow minded with this issue of corruption, or you think buhari cannot misappropriate funds? I laugh

You should bother about yourself rather than deflecting shame to other youths.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by sulmax: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2016
Thank God feminine aribisala don't hold any important position in our country. He is d most corrupted person ever to live in the history of nigeria. It is bcus he is corrupted in everything, in speech,attitude, behavior in every aspect of life. The man must be a kind of Satan family
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by dunlie: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2016
Keneking:
I never take femi aribisala pastor serious

see this one.. who know you. taaaa!!!!!
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by SamiraF: 9:10am On Apr 01, 2016
Buhari and Sagay are shameless corrupt hypocrites. They worship the most corrupt elephant in the room called Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu - http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/tinubus-massive-looting-of-lagos-uncovered/
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by kutchs: 9:16am On Apr 01, 2016
sulmax:
Thank God feminine aribisala don't hold any important position in our country. He is d most corrupted person ever to live in the history of nigeria. It is bcus he is corrupted in everything, in speech,attitude, behavior in every aspect of life. The man must be a kind of Satan family
Just shut up and stop disgracing yourself.
That's the problem with you and the Buhari led govt, anyone who opposed and criticizes you becomes the most 'corrupted' person ever to live. Yesterday it was Metuh because he was PDP's spokesman and was calling attention to the ills and evils of Buhari and APC, then it turned to Ekiti State HoA members for daring to stand with Fayose a thorne in the flesh of Buhari and APC. Today it's Femi Aribasala for speaking out against the selective corruption fight. You people need to grow some sense, it's not too expensive.

If you have any evidence that Aribasala is the most corrupted person as you call him why not present it, I very sure EFCC won't waste a second in arresting him.

Your president hasn't shown any leadership skill, he's more interested in witch hunting and harrasing political opponents and anyone who dare say anything against his direction less govt.

I drove to Asaba yesterday from Kaduna, all I could see on the way was cries of agony, of pain, if Nigerians sleeping at filling stations just to get fuel, because I was on the move I kept buying fuel at #170/180 per litre but an a**hole like you will come here to defend the slowpoke who doesn't know what he's doing.

When he starts the war against corruption, we shall know.

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ibudus: 9:34am On Apr 01, 2016
I think the Femi man took the discussion out of context and sounded political and ofcos, the students who lacked the ability to think through the lines got carried away. How can you say no fight against corruption? How can you argue on creating new institutions to fight corruption, when EFCC has been very well strengthened? I expect all these thibgs from the PDP faithfuls, but this isnt politics. And i like the way Oby responded to the students. They need to think well before applauding a speaker who only want to amuse them. God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Goke7: 9:43am On Apr 01, 2016
kutchs:

Up till today you haven't been able to prove any of those humongous corruption charges against GEJ and you still make noise.

It isn't enough to claim and allege that a person stole #1billion, prove your case beyond reasonable doubt and not resort to media trial to damage the image of the person..

Lies as usual, all GEJ's aides with charges of corruption are running away from the country like diezani and kuku, hiding like tompolo and trying to avoid the commencement of their trial like metuh, dasuki e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by free13: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2016
SamiraF:
Buhari and Sagay are shameless corrupt hypocrites. They worship the most corrupt elephant in the room called Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu - http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/tinubus-massive-looting-of-lagos-uncovered/
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by ayindejimmy(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2016
ndcide:

No one has any problems if you want to keep deceiving yourself. Yes corruption fight must start somewhere but must be seen to be wholistic. If you want to brand your corruption fight as a fight against the opposition party, you've failed absolutely. In fact it shouldn't remotely be seen that way. Not everyone wants to see pdp with the label of corruption that APC want to force on it, giving that they are almost the same. when we all also know that corruption actually oils the engine of APC and corruption proceeds also got them to power. Corruption must not have a different definition with APC and PDP, we must not yield to the manipulation of vanquishing other political parties with the toga of corruption, whilst the ruling party entrench their own brand of corruption. That's not going to happen. So who will now challenge APC? We welcomed the entrance of APC as an alternative we are not going to kill other alternatives even if this government keeps giving us figures of stolen money, yet no one is telling us how much was stolen and misappropriated in Lagos and other states.

On sentiments, we all know the sentiments of every speaker in that forum, is it the Sagay that fiercely attacked the person who said we should question the the way osun state government, ran the state. Giving that the State couldn't have gone this low, if something wasn't wrong within the state. Was it a different sagay? Forget sentiments, we must not be narrow minded with this issue of corruption, or you think buhari cannot misappropriate funds? I laugh

You should bother about yourself rather than deflecting shame to other youths.
read my lips... I dnt care who's been prosecuted as long as the person is guilty.
You all want to defend pdp as if they never had the chance to lunch their own war on corruptn. Lemme ask if they knw certain ppl in Oppositn r seemly corrupt, wat were they doin in the last 6 years they were in power? If they had done their part Buhari wil av less to do nw. Was it nt during pdp's reign we had ppl like Ibori, (Depriye. A), Peter Odili and Tinubu all escape justice? U want to tell me those ppl are (was) saints? Why did they escape justice in Nja?
Pdp as a party has had 16 yrs nd we knw wat that party symbolizes.
So, if it'll oppositn to clean each, its a welcome idea to me. When and if pdp find themselves at the center again, they nw knw govt is serious biz.
There cant be a wholistic war on coruptn in Nja but if corupt parties will kill themselves , thats a starting point
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by freeze001(f): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2016
OneManLegion:

I daresay you've read one crime novel too many.

The recovered loots will be kept somewhere safe and the paper-work will be tendered as exhibits in court during prosecution.

What is this you're saying about fixing the critical institutions while lulling the looters into a state of false security? Lol. That will simply give the looters time to clear the paper trails and wipe their mouth clean. By the time you're ready to face the looters, there'd be no documentation of their unabashed theft and they'll be the same people mouthing off on how you've failed to prosecute anyone.

Just in case you didn't know, he IS focusing on critical sectors AND fighting corruption. The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

He's being slow because he's trying to be meticulous.

I may doubt his methods but I don't doubt his sincerity.

The problem still remains the selective nature of this corruption fight. It ought to cut across board otherwise it remains open to ridicule! It is obvious that it is skewed towards enemies and highly partisan. At the end that remains Femi's points that cannot be disproved. Nepotism is at an all time high....crazy ish.

Sincerity...I cannot vouch for because he remains subject to the foibles of human nature.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ahmeduana(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2016
justurch:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201077-sagay-ezekwesili-aribisala-clash-roundtable-corruption-war.html
THERE IS ONE BASIC FACT, APC USED ANTI CORRUPTION TO WIN THE ELECTION, WHEN THE ANT CORRUPTION IS NO MORE SELLING, THEY ARE NOW TRYING TO SHOVE IT DOWN THE THROAT OF THEIR ZOMBIE FOLLOWERS BY FIRE BY FORCE.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by OneManLegion(m): 10:57am On Apr 01, 2016
freeze001:

The problem still remains the selective nature of this corruption fight. It ought to cut across board otherwise it remains open to ridicule! It is obvious that it is skewed towards enemies and highly partisan. At the end that remains Femi's points that cannot be disproved. Nepotism is at an all time high....crazy ish.

Sincerity...I cannot vouch for because he remains subject to the foibles of human nature.

Like I've been saying, a selective anti-corruption fight isn't the problem, a non-existent corruption fight IS the problem.

The nepotism you talk about was not enthroned or even covertly endorsed by Buhari. Although since the CBN scandal took place under Buhari's tenure, the buck stops at Mr President's desk. He MUST change that too.

I couldn't be more content with the trajectory of President Buhari's anti-corruption crusade.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by hero2000: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2016
freeze001:

At the end, corruption is really exposed n dealt with and the people can truly appreciate the change. As it has now, it all looks like a Houdini act n a game of smoke and mirrors.

My friend talk is cheap! By time he has 'strengthened' the institutions it would be Jan 2018, and some wailers ll campaign against him that he did not prosecute looters.

I think PMB is starting to do something despite the terrible terrain. Do you how much obstacles the govt is facing from the very kwarupt senate? Has the govt not sent a new anti money laundering bill? What has the NASS done about it. How does one strengthen institutions? is it not through laws? Or do you suppose it is by executive fiat?

What about the bribe taking judges? Will he kill them? The road to a less corrupt Nigeria is very difficult but this admin is making some inroads.

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Nigerd(m): 11:27am On Apr 01, 2016
justurch:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201077-sagay-ezekwesili-aribisala-clash-roundtable-corruption-war.html

Correct.. Femi did a great job.. drive home the populace sentiment about kwarruption..

Where is Ameachi...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Female Suicide Bombers Killed In Maiduguri This Morning (Graphic Photos) / Uzodinma Exposes Eight Persons Indicted In N330m Pension Fraud / Charles Soludo Verified On Facebook (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.