Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Wrong Place On My Friend Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (5739 Views)

"I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
somebody help my friend.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by papadjaji: 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
She should live with it. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by worry359(m): 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
If she has a genuine German passport.
What on earth is she messing with a Nigerian or Ghana passport for.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by omega25red(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
worry359:
this question ran through my mind as well.

poster how long has she had the Nigerian passport? whe doesn't she just take her birth certificate to the Nigerian consulate in "Germany" to apply for a new passport?

i had something similar happen to me while i was renewing my Nigerian passport in New York. My date of birth was off by one day and they had my name wrong. All i did was provide documentation showing otherwise and they fixed it for me. End of story
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by worry359(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
The only use of her Nigerian passport is to enter Nigeria without a visa.
The Nigerian immigration are not going to do background checks.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by tpiah01: 9:04am On Apr 01, 2016
realzeezat:
somebody help my friend. She was born in ghana but her parent are Nigeria but when she did her Nigeria passport her name and place of birth is wrong .they wrote she was born in Nigeria instead of Ghana and her name and last name is also wrong too but her date of birth is correct .Her nationality is wrong also coz she is now living in germany and she has a Germany passport now but the problem is she never use the Nigeria passport with the wrong data[right][/right].pls help what should she do how can she change d name,place of birth and nationality

Go to the Nigerian consulate and apply for a new passport once you provide the information required to verify your identity?
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
tpiah01:

Go to the Nigerian consulate and apply for a new passport once you provide the information required to verify your identity?
tpiah01:

can she use her German passport has an identity for her name and place of birth because she is Nigeria by ancestors her dad is Nigerian and also her name will b on the system coz she did fingerprint when getting d Nigeria passport and will they accept if she take it to d Nigeria embassy. Also she never use her Nigeria passport that was wrong , it is still blank . What can she do
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
worry359:
The only use of her Nigerian passport is to enter Nigeria without a visa.
The Nigerian immigration are not going to do background checks.
I think they would Coz if she is leaving Germany she has to use d Nigeria passport when she is leaving and they will think she is a fruad or criminal if her Nigeria passport say Nigeria and in their German system it says she was born in Ghana . Don't u think they will start suspecting something. Also if it she is leaving Nigeria and she use her German passport , Nigeria immigration officer will think she is a criminal coz in the Nigeria system it said she is born in Nigeria and in German passport it said she was born in Ghana . Can u see what am trying to explain . Do u think she can use her German passport as identity to change her name and place of birth on her Nigeria passport since her fingerprint is already on d Nigeria system from her wrong Nigeria passport she did . Also she is Nigeria by ansectors . What can she do pls help
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
omega25red:
this question ran through my mind as well.
poster how long has she had the Nigerian passport? whe doesn't she just take her birth certificate to the Nigerian consulate in "Germany" to apply for a new passport?
i had something similar happen to me while i was renewing my Nigerian passport in New York. My date of birth was off by one day and they had my name wrong. All i did was provide documentation showing otherwise and they fixed it for me. End of story
that was her first Nigeria passport and she never used it . It gonna expire in 2 yrs time and she never use it coz it has some wrong information in it . Can she not use her German passport as identity proof of her name and place of birth . her fingerprint is in d Nigeria system because they took her fingerprint when she did her Nigeria passport. What do u think she can do and also they wrote nationality Nigeria but she is not Ghanaian or Nigeria by nationality coz she has a German passports and she is a citizen there so will they not change her nationality then . Pls what can u do about d place of birth and name . Her date of birth is correct on her Nigeria passport that one is okay
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
worry359:
She needs a Nigeria passport to enter Nigeria or else she will pay visa . What is d essence of having a Nigeria ancestors and u are Nigerian by ancestors and some u have to get visa to a country your forefathers own . Pls if u have any help pls help. Your comment mean alot
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
papadjaji:
She should live with it. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
pls what can she do can she not use her German passport as identity . Pls help and if she do this what consequences are there in doing it . Pls help ooo a beg
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by omega25red(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
realzeezat:
somebody help my friend. She was born in ghana but her parent are Nigeria but when she did her Nigeria passport her name and place of birth is wrong .they wrote she was born in Nigeria instead of Ghana and her name and last name is also wrong too but her date of birth is correct .Her nationality is wrong also coz she is now living in germany and she has a Germany passport now but the problem is she never use the Nigeria passport with the wrong data[right][/right].pls help what should she do how can she change d name,place of birth and nationality
realzeezat:
that was her first Nigeria passport and she never used it . It gonna expire in 2 yrs time and she never use it coz it has some wrong information in it . Can she not use her German passport as identity proof of her name and place of birth . her fingerprint is in d Nigeria system because they took her fingerprint when she did her Nigeria passport. What do u think she can do and also they wrote nationality Nigeria but she is not Ghanaian or Nigeria by nationality coz she has a German passports and she is a citizen there so will they not change her nationality then . Pls what can u do about d place of birth and name . Her date of birth is correct on her Nigeria passport that one is okay
Now i think i understand where you miscommunicated
1. she was born in Ghana
2. she some how got a Nigerian passport though she was born in Ghana
3. she lives in Germany and is a citizen (naturalized citizen not born citizen: note that these are two different thing)

first question is how did she get a Nigerian passport if she was born in Ghana? why would they put Ghana as nationality on a Nigerian passport
second thing, if you get citizenship in a different country, that is not where you are born. They will always put your country of origin on the document you came from
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by tpiah01: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
realzeezat:

1. What is the place of birth listed on her birth certificate?

2. If her current passport carries two different names which are not hers, then she should also correct that information when she applies for a new passport.

3. Her nationality I guess is German (her current place of residence where she has naturalized), Ghana (her place of birth) and Nigeria (through her parents' ancestry). She can get the passports of all three places if she wants and if it's possible.

4. She should apply for a new passport with whatever information is required by the processing office.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by tpiah01: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
realzeezat:

usually, a passport bearing names which are not yours, means you are not the owner of the information contained therein. ie you are not the person in the passport.

If she has proof of her identity such as a birth certificate and photo id which verifies the same, she should probably use that to apply for a genuine passport bearing her real particulars only. Is she using someone's else identity?
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by tpiah01: 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
realzeezat:
can she use her German passport has an identity for her name and place of birth because she is Nigeria by ancestors her dad is Nigerian and also her name will b on the system coz she did fingerprint when getting d Nigeria passport and will they accept if she take it to d Nigeria embassy. Also she never use her Nigeria passport that was wrong , it is still blank . What can she do

She should inform the embassy her old passport has wrong information. They should be able to check their files imo and see where the error came from.

Just theorizing here, if she runs the risk of deportation or whatnot assuming something illegal is involved in this scenario, then she should ask those who can advise her better, I wouldnt necessarily know.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
omega25red:

Now i think i understand where you miscommunicated
1. she was born in Ghana
2. she some how got a Nigerian passport though she was born in Ghana
3. she lives in Germany and is a citizen (naturalized citizen not born citizen: note that these are two different thing)

first question is how did she get a Nigerian passport if she was born in Ghana? why would they put Ghana as nationality on a Nigerian passport
second thing, if you get citizenship in a different country, that is not where you are born. They will always put your country of origin on the document you came from
she is born is Ghana but her ancestors are Nigeria that how she got her nigeria passport. She is a German citizen by neutralisation. Also below are d answer to your questions
1. Coz she got her German passport through neutralisation she is now a German citizen. So on her Nigeria passport they should write German as nationality since she is German now and lives in Germany.
2 her place of birth is Ghana so on her German passport it said place of birth is Ghana . But on her Nigeria passport it said place of birth is Nigeria . So do u get what am trying to say now it doesn't correspond with each other and d immigration officer of German and Nigeria will think it fraud or something if it has different place of birth . But she has a Nigeria passport coz her ancestors/forefathers are from there . Pls answer d questions if u can and ask any question u wanna ask coz she really needs you guys help
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
tpiah01:

She should inform the embassy her old passport has wrong information. They should be able to check their files imo and see where the error came from.

Just theorizing here, if she runs the risk of deportation or whatnot assuming something illegal is involved in this scenario, then she should ask those who can advise her better, I wouldnt necessarily know.
her first Nigeria passport has not expire yet and it gonna expire next two years.
2. It d same information that is on their system that is on her first passport and she hasn't use d passport coz d information is wrong
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
tpiah01:

1. What is the place of birth listed on her birth certificate?

2. If her current passport carries two different names which are not hers, then she should also correct that information when she applies for a new passport.

3. Her nationality I guess is German (her current place of residence where she has naturalized), Ghana (her place of birth) and Nigeria (through her parents' ancestry). She can get the passports of all three places if she wants and if it's possible.

4. She should apply for a new passport with whatever information is required by the processing office.
below are d answer to your question .
1.I don't think she has a birth cert. Coz she became a German citizen by neutralisation when she was really young so I doubt she has a Birth cert.she told me she has a birth affidavit from Germany tho that states she was born in Ghana. her German passport information is correct but her Nigeria passport information is wrong on the Nigeria system but they should believe her coz her fingerprint is already on the Nigeria system which means she has a Nigeria passport .So u said something like getting a new passport but how tho .how can she do that without the passport people making d same mistake again .
2. Her German passport name is correct but d Nigeria own is wrong , her place of birth on her German passport is right but her place of birth on her Nigeria passport is Wrong but her date of birth on her German and Nigeria passport is correct and d same.
3.yes I think so .she is born in Ghana, lives in German and became a citizen by neutralisation in Germany and she is able to get Nigeria passport coz her ancestors were from Nigeria . So do u understand her problem now . What advice can u give pls she need u guys help and your reply mean a lot to her .pls write back any advice or suggestion
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by omega25red(m): 12:22am On Apr 06, 2016
realzeezat:
she is born is Ghana but her ancestors are Nigeria that how she got her nigeria passport. She is a German citizen by neutralisation. Also below are d answer to your questions
1. Coz she got her German passport through neutralisation she is now a German citizen. So on her Nigeria passport they should write German as nationality since she is German now and lives in Germany.
2 her place of birth is Ghana so on her German passport it said place of birth is Ghana . But on her Nigeria passport it said place of birth is Nigeria . So do u get what am trying to say now it doesn't correspond with each other and d immigration officer of German and Nigeria will think it fraud or something if it has different place of birth . But she has a Nigeria passport coz her ancestors/forefathers are from there . Pls answer d questions if u can and ask any question u wanna ask coz she really needs you guys help

hmm there is something funny going on here. why doesn't she just get Ghanaian passport? better yet the easiest thing to do is take the Nigerian passport to the consulate office with her Ghanaian birth certificate to show them the mistake. its so simple.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by worry359(m): 6:12am On Apr 06, 2016
omega25red:

hmm there is something funny going on here. why doesn't she just get Ghanaian passport? better yet the easiest thing to do is take the Nigerian passport to the consulate office with her Ghanaian birth certificate to show them the mistake. its so simple.

Something here smells bad.
If she has a German passport which will get her into any country in the world.
Why mess with useless African passports.
There is something bad behind all of this! angry
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by wilsonrobert: 9:50am On Apr 06, 2016
pls africa passport are not useless......something is not right here,if she has a german passport why will she go ahead and do an frica passport
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 06, 2016
How is she Nigerian by her ancestors pray tell.

By her forefathers? Which forefathers?

You should just tell the truth.

She has a Nigerian passport which is barely 3 yrs how did she get it? Did she come to get it done in Nigeria and then put some fictitious place of birth for that reason.
Customs are just messed up. That's why you need proof of state of origin to apply for Nigerian passport. All this bribe a customs officer stuff.

What about her parents where do they come from since she wants to claim Nigerian by ancestry ?

This story no pure...

Even Ghana that she claims she was born she has no PROOF.

She lives in Europe now let her jeje pay for visa to travel to West Africa before they flag her case.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by optimusprime2(m): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2016
Something don't look right...
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Lexusgs430: 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
Simply put, she twisted her details when it suited her needs and requirements.
Now she wants to switch them back!!!!!
She should have thought of the consequences, when she was busy planning the twisting!!!!
Or Better still if she does not want to apply for a visa, she should travel to Ghana 1st, then use her Ghanaian passport to enter Nigeria from Ghana. Then keep repeating and reversing the travel arrangements!!!!
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
omega25red:

u no that my friend mother is not with her. Her mother abandon her when she was young so I ask her about Ghanaian birth cert and she said she doesn't know if she had one. Coz she came to Germany at an early age without any family.so do u think she can get a birth cert in Ghana done if she doesn't have one coz what she tell me all the time is that she doesn't know if she had one or not
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
salsera:
How is she Nigerian by her ancestors pray tell.
By her forefathers? Which forefathers?
You should just tell the truth.
She has a Nigerian passport which is barely 3 yrs how did she get it? Did she come to get it done in Nigeria and then put some fictitious place of birth for that reason.
Customs are just messed up. That's why you need proof of state of origin to apply for Nigerian passport. All this bribe a customs officer stuff.
What about her parents where do they come from since she wants to claim Nigerian by ancestry ?
This story no pure...
Even Ghana that she claims she was born she has no PROOF.
She lives in Europe now let her jeje pay for visa to travel to West Africa before they flag her case.
her dad is Nigeria that how she got her Nigeria passport which means she is Nigeria by one of her parent or fathers ancestors. DNA test can even prove it that they are blood related.they did it d passport for her . is there any advice or suggestion u can give about this coz me myself I don't know what to tell her . U said something like flag her case what do u mean by flag her case. Pls say anything or ask any thing if u wanna give us advice okay.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Simply put, she twisted her details when it suited her needs and requirements.
Now she wants to switch them back!!!!!
She should have thought of the consequences, when she was busy planning the twisting!!!!
Or Better still if she does not want to apply for a visa, she should travel to Ghana 1st, then use her Ghanaian passport to enter Nigeria from Ghana. Then keep repeating and reversing the travel arrangements!!!!
no no she did not twist anything oo she just wanna visit Nigeria with her Nigeria friends but since her friends are going to Nigeria often A lot she can do d from Ghana to Nigeria trip coz it's gonna cost her a lot of money nah. Do u AV any other suggestion on how to change d name and place of birth and also she didn't use and she has never use the Nigeria passport and that passport was her first one
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
worry359:

Something here smells bad.
If she has a German passport which will get her into any country in the world.
Why mess with useless African passports.
There is something bad behind all of this! angry
there is nothing bad behind anything as I said if she want to visit Nigeria she needs a Nigeria passport and her friends are going there often with their Nigeria passport that they obtain from their parent being Nigerian So if u have a Nigeria passport u don't need visa to enter d country
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
wilsonrobert:
pls africa passport are not useless......something is not right here,if she has a german passport why will she go ahead and do an frica passport
if u have a passport to a country u don't need visa to enter that country
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by omega25red(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
realzeezat:
u no that my friend mother is not with her. Her mother abandon her when she was young so I ask her about Ghanaian birth cert and she said she doesn't know if she had one. Coz she came to Germany at an early age without any family.so do u think she can get a birth cert in Ghana done if she doesn't have one coz what she tell me all the time is that she doesn't know if she had one or not
yea there is definitely something weird about this story. how did she get Nigerian passport? how did she get to Germany? who took her to Germany and with which document? tell her to pay awon oluwole to help her get a new Nigerian passport with the fake info. I find it hard to believe this story
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
realzeezat:
her dad is Nigeria that how she got her Nigeria passport which means she is Nigeria by one of her parent or fathers ancestors. DNA test can even prove it that they are blood related.they did it d passport for her . is there any advice or suggestion u can give about this coz me myself I don't know what to tell her . U said something like flag her case what do u mean by flag her case. Pls say anything or ask any thing if u wanna give us advice okay.

So why on earth did she say on her Nigerian passport that she was born in Nigeria when she wasn't?If your parents are Nigerian its us legal to claim citizenship through them.

Its a data change she needs done. She needs to go with her proof of birth in Ghana. If she doesn't have that then she should forget about it.
She should be able to do it at the Nigerian embassy if necessary t she can try in Nigeria only in Abuja, process is long though.
Re: Wrong Place On My Friend Passport by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
omega25red:
yea there is definitely something weird about this story. how did she get Nigerian passport? how did she get to Germany? who took her to Germany and with which document? tell her to pay awon oluwole to help her get a new Nigerian passport with the fake info. I find it hard to believe this story

How I wished I had read this before I replied.

Abeg tell 'your' to forget about it Nigerian

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is A Return Ticket To Turkey From Nigeria? / Top 5 Travel Blogs In Nigeria / Obudu Cattle Ranch In Calabar, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.