Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State (45296 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Kolababe: 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
According to to The Jamaican Gleaned, Chanel Chin, the daughter of Jamaican raggae star, Ludlow Chin also known as Bobo Zaro is the queen of the Iwo Kingdom following her marriage to King Adbul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi earlier this year.

King Abdul Rasheed, now known as the Imperial Oluwo of the Iwo Kingdom in Osun State, after his ascendancy on November 10, 2015, had met the 32-year-old woman in Canada, where he resided before his ascension.

Bobo Zaro is known for songs such as the hit single Pain, a collaboration with Contractor and Capleton, the video of which has been seen by millions of viewers in Africa via Channel O in South Africa and the Sporah TV show via SkyTV.

In an interview with The Jamaica Gleaner, Queen Chin reveals that she is very honoured to represent Jamaica in such a big way.

"My ancestors were taken away as slaves, but I have returned to Africa as a queen. One's destiny cannot be altered. As a young child, I always wanted to come to Africa, but didn't know how. I feel this is a great opportunity for black people worldwide to return to their home."

In a Facebook post, Emmanuel Mathias, in support of the queen, declared:
"Destiny is powerful, her ancestor was taken away as slave, but she return back home as queen. Let us embrace her and tell her you are welcome back home. This is one giant step towards bringing back home our descendants that great fathers and mothers were casted away."

The queen added: "Our forefathers and ancestral mothers were cast away as slaves to never return, but I want Jamaicans everywhere to know that Africa is so nice. The culture and traditions are so rich and lovely. It's truly something every black person should come and experience."

Chanel explained that as queen of Iwo land, her responsibility is to always set a proper example for young girls and women in the community. Giving an insight into traditions and customs, she said her dressing and outfits are to always be conservative and respectful.

"No matter what I wear, my shoulders and full legs must be covered at all times. All of my clothes are custom made to match these requirements. Also, as queen, the king and I like to regularly visit the local schools in the community to remind the children of the importance of education and excelling in all areas of their school work and examinations."

The queen said her husband is the first king to actually take the time to visit the children.

"We believe they are the future," she remarked.

In her esteemed position as a Nigerian queen, she said she faces only minor challenges one of which is her being not fluent in the native language which is Yoruba.

"I know some words. Everyday, I am still learning. Another challenge is that the food is quite different from our mouth- watering Jamaican dishes."

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/meet-chanel-chin-daughter-of-jamaican.html

5 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Kolababe: 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nice

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Khd95(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
Does she ve dadagrin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Slimzjoe(m): 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
Its my Birthday Ladies And Mentlegen cheesy

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by PoosPoos: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ganja Smuggler grin
Osun people get ready.
Legalise it

10 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
Actually, this is the dressing for King's wives in Yorubaland, but perhaps it is only for Yoruba women, and maybe no longer practiced:

https://www.nairaland.com/2711339/some-old-pictures-nigerian-ethnic

2 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by 4nobody4every1: 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Strongbest(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by vaca1: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
wow. very nice
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by KayTash(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
noted
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Philinho(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lovely n smart

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Ayento: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
This is nice
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by centyboy: 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by FrankValency(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
her dry cheeks really showed she's d daughter of his highness, via weed things........Igbo abi ganja at work

2 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Sunofgod(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
Osun is broke - that's why their so called kings have to go for slaves!
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by hungryboy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
.which one the woman name come be Chanel Chin,
I hope say her husband name no be Chin Chin?

3 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by dayowunmi(m): 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
She needs to release her own reggae album abi she no inherit the trait from her paale ni. She's beautiful though, even her Crown is dope.

4 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Lenajoe0621(f): 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
K ooooo grin tongue grin[right][/right
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by truthspeaks: 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
So hw does dis bring happiness to d ppl of Osun or pay the salaries of wrkers?
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by mallamseifaldin(m): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hogwash post.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Noblebrown7(m): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by iyatrustee(f): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
That is one bad as.s queen right there! cheesy

See her swags sef.

2 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by henrygale(m): 8:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Gud for dem both. But that doesn't change d fact that I nor c fuel buy even at d high price!! sad sad
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Missonas(f): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
We are all slaves until Africa and africans are free!

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by osec007(m): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
The king should get ready to dance regge in bed
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by osec007(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
The king should get ready to dance regge in bed
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
This one is bomboclak queen
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Ptoocool(m): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Adaure4ever:
This one is bomboclak queen

I dey tell you,,

meanwhile, someone was calling u on one mastubator thread lyk dat 4 collection of offering,, hope u've done dat? If NO, why? If YES, I want ma share asap,,

osec007:
The king should get ready to dance reggae in bed

shey u remember say after the reggae na d blues??

6 Likes

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by aariwa(m): 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
Jamaican women in the US and canada are always crazy about Nigerian men because we are better husbands than black americans

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Dark Skinned Women (thread Dedication.) / Alaafin of Oyo's Wife, Queen Abbey, Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / Oluwo Of Iwo All Swagged Up, Says "I Got The Right Dose Of Swags"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.