Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (249712 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Salary In The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by creamdream: 4:21am On Jul 29, 2006
ok its worth the try on a balance of prference
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2006
50 000
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by sirify(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2006
One of the leading multinational oil company would pay about 3.5 million/annum as basic salray and about 5.1 million/annum when u add other allowances. Free medicals. At least I'm sure of this company
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 8:42am On Aug 28, 2006
I guess u're talking about Mobil wink wink
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by sirify(m): 8:54am On Aug 28, 2006
Mobil is just slightly higher than that.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2006
shocked shocked
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by dremoney(m): 10:25am On Aug 29, 2006
Laughssssssssssssss.u guyz r really funny, money seems like nothing to ya all anymore.As a reminder,all d money we hear as per Banks n others r merely on paper(confirmed).They dont pay as much as we think they do.
A good salary for a starter should be in d range of 60k n from there u grow.U might b lucky to gt a higher pay(actually depends on d firm)bt please dont get ur head twisted if ur first offer is below dat.wat a fresher really needs is sm xperience n to ur amazement u might get a 200k job from where ur bn paid little coz of d xperience u had. just get hooked at first.

I REALLY ENJOYED THIS TOPIC, U GUYZ R SO FUNNY ESPECIALLY SEUN N M'BRO 4RM THE US. cool smiley
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by celtel: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2006
rite from the source, i work with a telecoms and i can tell some little tins, the list in our company earns 1.1 mill a year and after removing tax and some other funny stuff, take home is btw 70,000 - 75,000 per month which sound OK but if i disclose the least amount a manager earns, u guys might wont believe me so lets just keep in dat way but we have some good benefit like monthly credit 15,000 per month for the lowest level(level 6) and etc.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by engr17(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2006
Yah man someone got to hook up anyway

so man tell us how 2 catch this kishi

bc Dec is around d corner
tuk now
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by adeniyi1st(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2006
It is not how much but how well.

Oil and Gas, Telecom, and Banking industries pays better. Although some consulting firm also pay you good salary especially the multinationals like KPMG, PriceWaterHouseCooper etc.

Just pray that whatsoever you earn should attract blessings of the Lord.

Please let stop talking about salary, it is a crazy word, because it can mean different thing to different people, It has become so difficult to measure hard work with salary reward.

Whatsoever you earn give thanks to God. Look for other opportunity that you can better your life. Like familyonlinebiz.com or host of other online biz.

You can be better off it is only matter of time.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by KDK(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2006
Well,
I work in nigeria and earn just above N 0.6 million per month after tax as a fresher;i guess this is a good salary?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by chiomiski(f): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2006
a good salary should be enough for a family leaving
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by oluwatemi(m): 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2006
good salary in nigeria is when you can pay up your bills
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2006
yes sir you're right. already said that, was ignored smiley
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by MysteryT(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2006
The most important thing for a fresher is to get a job that provides good experience, not salary. After putting in about 3 years then you can look for the good pay. Start with a job that rapidly increases your market value, e.g. top end consulting firm or multinational with good management trainee program and I can assure you that within 3 years you will get a job of nothing less than 500k per month.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by blackdiva(f): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2007
the standard of living in 9ja is very low and sad. doctors and nurses sud be getting gud pay .newz can any1 tell me how much communication and nursing major get
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by kuskus1(f): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2007
can anything be done about this appauling situation? i believe that salaries shld increase according to the rate of inflation. 4 God's sake how on this planet earth in NIGERIA and LAGOS for that matter will 20k pay for transport, let alone accommodation. not even an IT student living with a relative can cope, let alone a working class person. God help u to be a woman

1 Like

Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by xs: 10:07pm On Jan 25, 2007
hey everyone, what salary could i expect to get in Nigeria with an MBA degree from abroad? I have no work experience by the way and am currently pursuing my MBA degree. Which is the best industry to work in and what field is most suitable for specialization according to the Nigerian scenario, IT or Marketing? Thanks.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by HISTY(m): 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2007
the truth is that your salary isnot based on your qual in nigeria

it is possible too have two guys with same qualification, work exp etc but with so much difference in their salary.
it's really afunction of where you work/ sector
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2007
Some industries are consistently more lucrative than others, for various good reasons. Even abroad.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by afaitho(m): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2007
Guys!What will u guys say about a fresh graduate who has an offer from SPDC and from NNPC?
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by GTay(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2007
Hi guys,
Honestly for the present economic situation in the country, the minimum anyone should take home is 100, 000naira.
Think about it.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Steve04: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2007
Hi all. I'm a lawyer from Nigeria, in London for further studies. I wanted info on salary in Nigeria, & google.com referred me to this site. I was surprised that it took me a lot of scrolling & reading to get an opinion, not even an answer. No disrespect meant here, I know we're all educated to various levels, put let this reflect in your answers, please! Know that it's not mandatory for you to write something, if you don't have something meaningful to write! Other nationals nationals come to this site, see it's predominantly Nigerians & Nigerian contents, & would sum up an image of us, based on the usefulness of your posting. The question in this thread is fine, but check out the responses. Many of them are what we used to call "O.P" (out of point)! Address the exact questions, don't circle round the issue, provide concrete info even illustrating with your own position & salary (your ID is not known). Please guys, we have an image to redeem & protect! Thanks.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by dafidixone(m): 9:22am On Mar 21, 2007
I may not know what good salary may be in Nigeria. But I think the report shows that anyone earning less than N25,000 is a low income earner.

So,
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by emmydee(m): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2007
Well, most Nigerians dont earn a living income and they are not aware of it. One should earn at least N150k monthly to begin to say he is ok. Anything short of that, men, find ur level, thats for those of you who are employees.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by MAYORIN1(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2007
Good salary for a fresh graduate should start from N150,000
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2007
Well, most Nigerians don't earn a living income and they are not aware of it.
If you don't earn a "living" income, then you must be dead. Are you saying most Nigerians are dead? Wow!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by ifynwa(f): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2007
hello everybody, somehow i'm still new here and i must confess that i love this site and your various contributions when a topic is introduced, regarding the issue of what a good salary is in Nigeria, somebody said here that anybody that earn 25k is a low income earner, well you maybe right but i wonder where those of us that work for one man biz and earn far less than that belongs and what you will advice us as regard to such job.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2007
ifynwa, the sense of pride you gain by being the mistress of your own destiny is worth far more than 25,000 naira.
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by TioluniD(f): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2007
Fresh grads in Nigeria are earning btw 360,000-2.
3m. Hoever it's not about the volume as much as how well you utilise your resources. embarassed kiss cry smiley grin angry sad sad shocked
Pls advise guys, I am about finishing service in one of the northern states in Niger, I was offered a job with salary of over 2m per annum, but the pull of home is stronger than the money. What do you advise I choose money or family? The distance is already killing my relationship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by beetintin(m): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2007
@Seun,

Though this thread is so old, but thanks for starting it. It has given me a new insight
about the kind of lives our people are living. cool

Tioluni, you have a choice Ma'am. You should ask yourself what you really want. Which
one is more valuable to you? Whn you know your values, making decisions will be VERY
easy for you. wink
Re: How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? by Dalvic(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2007
Hi,
Country people, i think we need to know that fingers are not equal. Salary actually varries from coy to coy not even industries atimes. But important thing is job satisfaction and contentment. Iam in an oil servicing firm (Telecom), i started with my coy 7years ago as a fresher with 15k. But today i earn above 240k/month. I think in present day Nigeria any job that pays between 50k above for a beginner is good. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.