Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby (31637 Views)

Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens / Kidney Failure: See Why You Have To Take Garden Egg Leaves. / A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by honvalid(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2016
I'm highly flabbergasted.
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by CarmelloANGEL(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2016
kanmifad:

the fact that our creator allow it does not make it right, during Sodom and Gomorrah that's how they started for their perish and note that the devil is in control, he is the ruler of this world - 1john 5;19
But science has offered more solutions than religion. Science is ever evolving and touching humans than religion has ever done.
The truth must be said, I am a Xtain, but I'll choose science over religion when it comes to inventions that solve human problems.
Just look around you... You have malaria, you use medications and get better... That's Science bro.
You have a phone to communicate - that's Science & Tec...
We can go on and on.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by eniolorunopa1: 11:32am On Apr 01, 2016
wonderful, baby welcome to the world, I wish You the very best. congratulations to the joyous parents

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by Olusola147(m): 11:42am On Apr 01, 2016
cutelover19:
my people, make una help my confusion o. if I freeze my local fowl wey dey backyard egg, e go produce bouncing baby? on a serious note, congrats to the parents, lalasticlala, password = snake. leggo Frontpage
lol...but Maka why! Una won kill person for here?
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by sagieramos(m): 11:57am On Apr 01, 2016
I pity this baby. nature should be responsible for fertilization not an incubator. local chicken is 10000 heatheir than agric foul. the same will be true for this baby.
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by ezef2k4(m): 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
With the epileptic nature of our power. Cryopreserve at your own peril. Don't sat i didn't tell you.
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by EazyMoh(m): 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Nice medical research breakthrough! Its never too late to start though we are 5001st in the world!

What was Africa doing when the Western World was developing?
Well even the western world was once lagging behind the rest of the world in every development aspect.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by sagieramos(m): 12:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:
God does not like this at all... angry
i pity ppl wey dey short 'good development' time shall tell its negative effect to mankind. omo agric
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by Jacko1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hehe Maami you mess up
Call her tiwatope Frozen
Hehe Frozen after Disney cartoon hehe
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by theEYe21(f): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Can't you read? It says this technique is for women who are on menopause, on chemotherapy that disrupts fertility, someone can be on chemo for 5-10 years, also for women who are not ready to conceive if they want to achieve some personal goals. Some girls have been storing their eggs since 18 years of age and are going to use it later in the future when they are 30+ years because of a defect they have.
dominique:
How long were the eggs frozen? I doubt if it's up to a year. Still a good deal development, for those who can afford it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by theEYe21(f): 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
You are just an illiterate
cutelover19:
my people, make una help my confusion o. if I freeze my local fowl wey dey backyard egg, e go produce bouncing baby? on a serious note, congrats to the parents, lalasticlala, password = snake. leggo Frontpage
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by theEYe21(f): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
Are you God?
MadCow1:
God does not like this at all... angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by dominique(f): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
theEYe21:
Can't you read? It says this technique is for women who are on menopause, on chemotherapy that disrupts fertility, someone can be on chemo for 5-10 years, also for women who are not ready to conceive if they want to achieve some personal goals. Some girls have been storing their eggs since 18 years of age and are going to use it later in the future when they are 30+ years because of a defect they have.

Can't you comprehend? How feasible is egg freezing over a long period of time in a country like Nigeria that has unstable power? In Advanced countries, hospitals can freeze and store ova or even embryo for years but can a Nigerian hospital do the same for that long? That's the point I was trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by dominique(f): 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
Itannooluwa:
nd u thnk dz God's wisdom or d devils device to divert pple frm God....SMH# Witchcraft/Magic everywhere

Couples resort to artificial reproduction technology (ART) because they are having issues conceiving not because devil is guiding them from God. Should they deny themselves of holding their own children because it could be the devil in action?
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by domido(m): 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
tunderoc:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/nigeria-records-first-baby-frozen-egg/

All the while they've been mentioning egg and towards the end they mentioned egg shell. Abeg, am confuSed.
What egg are we talking about here? Or do women also have egg shell?
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by cutelover19(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
theEYe21:
You are just an illiterate
I'd like to think that you types the above with a light sense of humour. if you didn't, then one comment for you: never get your ignoramus self involved with me again. happy fuel scarcity
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by Codes151(m): 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
dominique:

If the Creator did not want couples to conceive through artificial means, he would never have given the scientists the wisdom to discover it in the first place.

Not supporting the first post tho! But criticizing the second! Why put the forbiDen fruit n allow Satan to chill with them! If the creator didn't want it eaten. Maybe this kind of wisdom is from the fruit! N Satan made it so! angry angry wink grin grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by jill28: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2016
With egg freezing, a woman can serve as her own egg donor when she is ready to conceive later in life. It's growing at a rapid pace. More and more women are considering. It is a good investment
uglodoh:

The essence of the frozen egg is a kind of preservation. It is usuaĺly used when there is are multiple births. Instead of the woman going through the process of the ivf all over again. The frozen egg is now implanted into the woman. In her own case, there was no need for it.
Re: Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby by Richard216(m): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Listeriosis Outbreak: WHO Warns Nigeria, 15 Other African Countries / Man Collapses And Dies While Purchasing Fuel In Oyo / Isha Sesay, CNN Journalist Commends Nigerian Doctors And Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.