Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,212 members, 7,807,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897639 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:05am On May 13, 2016
It is well!

SlowlybtSurely:

Who sent for you when you were busy discrediting hospitals that mamas here took their time to research? Even when they told you vivianobas made a mistake with the income/resident thingy, you still went on and on, trying to showcase your pseudo smartness and crass stupiidity. I'm sure it gives you so much joy seeing mamas put in difficult situations, cos I've noticed those are the kinda posts that interest you the most.

Guy swerve!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:52am On May 13, 2016
Bia nu! I am writing the names of noise makers o! Which ones now?! I go send una go naughty corner o cheesy. Biollar please hepp me hol' my purse make I go cut cane grin
Please let's learn to criticize opinions and not posters/persons. Next thing now, another 4 pages will Be dedicated to nonsense and ingridents.
Nna mehn but people go school for this thread. The quality of grammer I used to 'lan' from here eHhhh. Na the children una born for america dey teach una cheesy
Udo nu!

@ajuju chukwi gozie gi. A na m a blushi serzly kita grin. Ngwanu ka anyi suba soo soo igbo. Agba kwana oso o!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nenya(f): 6:59am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=temyb post=45554026]Hello house,my husband just told me that it's likely i&my mother in law use Qatar airways which is kind of cheap. Please anyone have an idea what their POE at Doha is like. Heard it's not so friendly,I actually wanted Emirate but since we are 2 going it's not.possible again. Plus please is their seat

@tempb
I was on cheapest ticket and I saw that Qatar airways was not just the cheapest but their seat is 84cm ........
Maybe you go to cheapest ticket, put in dates for travelling to have a fill of each flights details. You will also be able to see how long you will wait on each stop etc

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:12am On May 13, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Wow.

Nicely put. Wisdom does flow in ur veins.
I remember one of my classes on the difference between the "letters" of the law and the "spirit" of the law.

Law is a very funny thing. That words are printed doesnt mean it cant be reinterpteted.

Hola @ all d lawyers in d house.
Hiii grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:20am On May 13, 2016
Luckyman23 please can you ask all your questions in one sentence or rather read through the thread and stop spamming the thread, all these things you having been asking for the past few days have been answered already, I don't understand your aim for spamming and asking questions that the answers have been overflogged here

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:32am On May 13, 2016
Congratulations @Theleakytribe.
All d Glory must be to d Lord, for He is worthy of our praise, no man on earth should gv glory to himself, All d Glory must be to d Lord.

Wen I read ur testimony with tears in my eyes this song keeps coming to heart...God did it again for you after giving you courage to forge on when dat ur yeye househep superglued ur dollars....God is indeed too faithful to fail...

@ LadyG be making somborri to laugh carelessly dis early morning u hia...Kontinior, dia riz God!!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 7:47am On May 13, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Who sent for you when you were busy discrediting hospitals that mamas here took their time to research? Even when they told you vivianobas made a mistake with the income/resident thingy, you still went on and on, trying to showcase your pseudo smartness and crass stupiidity. I'm sure it gives you so much joy seeing mamas put in difficult situations, cos I've noticed those are the kinda posts that interest you the most.

Guy swerve!
Common on mommas, let it go.You both gave your opinion because you mommas were concerned. From the views you both gave MadameU will know the next step to take. We are all here to learn from eachother #peace smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 7:58am On May 13, 2016
Hello mamas,
As if Dr F likes inducing Reading mamas post on this is getting me scared. Being a FTM and reading d adverse effect of induced labour from d last mama that finally had CS, i dont think it a good idea.

Pls mamas who have gone through this could you share your experience? He's my doctor and i wanna be sure of anything he might be bringing to the table.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ashedzi: 8:21am On May 13, 2016
luckyman23:
Please is Dubai a POE?

Naa, Dubai is not a POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 8:25am On May 13, 2016
Congratulations. May God bless and keep you and your baby. It is indeed a miracle. Thank You Jesus

TheLeakyTribe:
It is my turn to share my testimony.

My LO was born yesterday 11th May 2016. Some of you would recall how my Dollars were stolen by my help before my trip. I was well prepared to follow it up and post everywhere about it but after my first doctors appointment here, the stolen money was irrelevant to me.

The doctor did a scan and said she found spots on my LO's heart that were indicative of either a hole in the heart or downs syndrome. I began to pray and believe God even though I was very shaken by the news.

Long story short, she arrived yesterday and is completely fine. She followed me straight from the OR to the postpartum recovery room. Join me praise the Lord. I'm one happy mumma.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 8:38am On May 13, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
It is my turn to share my testimony.

My LO was born yesterday 11th May 2016. Some of you would recall how my Dollars were stolen by my help before my trip. I was well prepared to follow it up and post everywhere about it but after my first doctors appointment here, the stolen money was irrelevant to me.

The doctor did a scan and said she found spots on my LO's heart that were indicative of either a hole in the heart or downs syndrome. I began to pray and believe God even though I was very shaken by the news.

Long story short, she arrived yesterday and is completely fine. She followed me straight from the OR to the postpartum recovery room. Join me praise the Lord. I'm one happy mumma.

congrats leakytribe.
The devil brought out its ugly head but GOD struck it out. Your LO is as a mountain set upon a hill and can never be hidden.
God will continue to protect all the LO's in this forum, whether they are still in the womb or already born.
great testimony!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 8:46am On May 13, 2016
newmomma2be:

Hi Cutie333.

Thanks for your help. I got the doctor's appointment email which I printed and added to my other documents. I submitted my documents at stanbic head office yesterday and am waiting to be rebutted meanwhile it is taking forever to open a sterling bank account. Submitted my account opening documents on monday but account is yet to be opened. i pray the stanbic application goes through.

Hope you have settled your accommodation? Hopefully we will meet in Atlanta

Thanks once again.
e e

Thanks new momma 2be, you were really helpful with the accommodation tips. For the form A, you might have to wait a while o, sometimes it take 2-3weeks. Am happy you are going before me so you could give me all the gist before I get there. grin

i hope to see you too in atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:57am On May 13, 2016
greatie:
Hello mamas,
As if Dr F likes inducing Reading mamas post on this is getting me scared. Being a FTM and reading d adverse effect of induced labour from d last mama that finally had CS, i dont think it a good idea.

Pls mamas who have gone through this could you share your experience? He's my doctor and i wanna be sure of anything he might be bringing to the table.

Thanks in advance.

Point of correction, he does not like to induce. I used him and I give him 5 stars!

Now the thing is this, as a FTM be open minded about decisions and trust your healthcare provider.

We had a discussion and he asked if he should help me peradventure I get to 39 wks and labor has not started. I gladly said yes because truth is you have not given birth before! I was also a first time mum and I chose to trust his expertise. also, i wanted him to take my delivery and the only way I could guarantee that was either by being induced or opting for CS. I silently prayed for labor not be start until 39 weeks and I strolled to the hospital and the process started. That birthing experience was one of the best in my life! he managed the entire process so well that my granma was very impressed!!! She still talks about it till date...lol. I'm sure the reason he suggests induction is because as a first time mum, tension starts brewing after 40wks and labor is no where. Like they always say too, labor takes time for FTM. so to prevent that anxiety and getting baby distressed, get it down at the right time.

I bet you, you will come back to testify.
Word of caution: If you accept the induction, take epidural so that your labor will progress smoothly without aches and pains. Also keep your mind at rest. Load your phone or wateva device with music and videos. Lounge all thru and wen its time, bring forth your baby.

You are a first time mum! trust your doctor *hugs*

<speaking from my own experience>

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Labbycutie: 9:15am On May 13, 2016
Bisoye82:

7hrs mbok shocked
What information do you need?
Hi Bisoye82
Thank you for responding to my post.
I need to know how to get accommodation when i get there, cos am planning on going to the hospital on Monday.
And also i need the full name of the OB.
But if anyone in the thread also have useful info on a closer hospital and its pocket friendly in California Vacaville or somewhere close, I don't mine at this point, if they can share the details.
Thank u. My num is 7074508008.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 9:23am On May 13, 2016
biollar1:

It is well!
Atawewe that's all you have say. grin grin grin in those days of kids in their pata rolling tyre on the street. grin

@LadyGuinivere abeg interpret the last paragraph of ya gist abeg tongue

@luckyman123 Is this your first of travelling to the US?.if yes go and buy your tickets first then ask for advice grin
We are confused about where you are going sef.LA? Dubai? Abu Dhabi? Ikeja?
Good morning my people

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 9:23am On May 13, 2016
Good morning all,
Please am travelling in 2weeks with emirate to Dallas
Does anyone have any info about emirate flight for a pregnant woman?
Has anyone used Dallas POE?
Can anyone please help with hospital in Dallas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favouredmum: 9:29am On May 13, 2016
feddy27:

Point of correction, he does not like to induce. I used him and I give him 5 stars!

Now the thing is this, as a FTM be open minded about decisions and trust your healthcare provider.

We had a discussion and he asked if he should help me peradventure I get to 39 wks and labor has not started. I gladly said yes because truth is you have not given birth before! I was also a first time mum and I chose to trust his expertise. also, i wanted him to take my delivery and the only way I could guarantee that was either by being induced or opting for CS. I silently prayed for labor not be start until 39 weeks and I strolled to the hospital and the process started. That birthing experience was one of the best in my life! he managed the entire process so well that my granma was very impressed!!! She still talks about it till date...lol. I'm sure the reason he suggests induction is because as a first time mum, tension starts brewing after 40wks and labor is no where. Like they always say too, labor takes time for FTM. so to prevent that anxiety and getting baby distressed, get it down at the right time.

Word of caution: If you accept the induction, take epidural so that your labor will progress smoothly without aches and pains. Also keep your mind at rest. Load your phone or wateva device with music and videos. Lounge all thru and wen its time, bring forth your baby.

@Feddy27, I don't totally agree with you. As a FTM, I tink its best one waits till at least 40wiks b4 induction can take place cos I want to believe the chances of its success is higher from 40wiks (I might be wrong dou). I used Dr. E and she told me categorically at 40wiks dat she won't induce me because my cervix wasn't ready and that as a FTM, it was expected. However, I am glad she didn't because I went into labour on my own at 40wiks and 4 days and we found out my baby was in a posterior position. If I had insisted on induction and taken epidural immediately the process started, that wouldn't have been noticed on time.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 9:38am On May 13, 2016
simababe:
Leakytribe, congrats dear. May it be sound of goodnews in your home IJN.

@all, has any mama evr bn givn rhogan in the USA before and were you charged seperately for it.

Yes, i paid $100 at Del Sol Medical after a lab test of $70 to check the level of antibodies in my system.

They insisted that i have to take the shot after delivery or tie my tubes shocked, so i chose the injection! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:44am On May 13, 2016
favouredmum:

@Feddy27, I don't totally agree with you. As a FTM, I tink its best one waits till at least 40wiks b4 induction can take place cos I want to believe the chances of its success is higher from 40wiks (I might be wrong dou). I used Dr. E and she told me categorically at 40wiks dat she won't induce me because my cervix wasn't ready and that as a FTM, it was expected. However, I am glad she didn't because I went into labour on my own at 40wiks and 4 days and we found out my baby was in a posterior position. If I had insisted on induction and taken epidural immediately the process started, that wouldn't have been noticed on time.

Well, everyone with their experience.

Before the induction, he checks to know everything is in place.

For me sha, I enjoyed the process and this time around too, I'm towing the same path; if baby does not come out and I'm 39wks, we are bringing him/her out grin

It keeps my sanity in place and I don't have to be anxious

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy2: 9:52am On May 13, 2016
Congrats @TheLeakytribe, God is an awesome God and always comes through. May God continue to keep your LO and family in divine health and perfect everything. Enjoy the new phase. Good morning everyone, let's all try to take a deep breath first and not get too upset about some comments or take them personal and start throwing shades Biko. We are too much for this and are here to encourage each other cos this is a thread I've come to respect cos of the number of experienced mums and dads too who are always willing and ready to help and honestly it's not something you can easily get out there coz there is power in number of followers on this thread and if someone gives a wrong or unsatisfactory response, there are always others to put it straight n even explain so let's all just chill and be encouraging and choose to ignore or cool off first before responding to something we are upset about cos it sure helps to cool off first cos then, u can think through and give a better response. Have a blessed day peeps.

Still waiting for positive responses on PTA, God help me, have less than 2weeks to travel date. Does anyone know if travelex is selling in Abuja and how much?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by vcole: 9:57am On May 13, 2016
Just to clear things up a lil. induction of labour. first step to this is to ripen the cervix. basically get it to start dilating first before the proper induction starts. "Medicolegally" a pregnant woman can get induced at a gestational age of 39 completed weeks. She can request to do this for personal reasons such as she wants someone to be present at delivery or she wants a particular birth date for her child, etc. Her ob/gyn can choose to do this if on a medical assessment the preggie meets the requirements for induction and the ob/gyn believes that it is better to bring the baby out now than to wait for 40 weeks or post date e.g. such as in big babies from preggies with diabetes, preggie induced hypertension, etc etc
Some preggies are induced before 39 weeks for medical reasons too.
Bottom line as @feddy27 said b4, discuss with your ob/gyn what options are available to you and what you would prefer. remember, every pregnancy is different and every woman is different. what works for A may not work for B. smiley
More info can be found on www.google.com smiley
feddy27:

favouredmum:

feddy27:

Well, everyone with their experience.
Before the induction, he checks to know everything is in place.
For me sha, I enjoyed the process and this time around too, I'm towing the same path; if baby does not come out and I'm 39wks, we are bringing him/her out grin
It keeps my sanity in place and I don't have to be anxious

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 10:05am On May 13, 2016
@pamperme, thanks dear. Well noted.

@phunmie2, best bet is to kip on checkin diff banks. SIL said u can try jaiz bank in abj
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 10:11am On May 13, 2016
mamamj:
Good morning all,
Please am travelling in 2weeks with emirate to Dallas
Does anyone have any info about emirate flight for a pregnant woman?
Has anyone used Dallas POE?
Can anyone please help with hospital in Dallas?

Hello mama am currently in Dallas and using medical city. You need to knw where you will be staying so u could look up hospital close to you.. That way transportation would not be an issue... But u could try medical city, doctors hospital, just google
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 10:18am On May 13, 2016
CassyO:

Hello mama am currently in Dallas and using medical city. You need to knw where you will be staying so u could look up hospital close to you.. That way transportation would not be an issue... But u could try medical city, doctors hospital, just google

Thanks Dear,
Am staying with my sis in Nadar Grand pairie
Please can i contact you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:30am On May 13, 2016
vcole:
Just to clear things up a lil. induction of labour. first step to this is to ripen the cervix. basically get it to start dilating first before the proper induction starts. "Medicolegally" a pregnant woman can get induced at a gestational age of 39 completed weeks. She can request to do this for personal reasons such as she wants someone to be present at delivery or she wants a particular birth date for her child, etc. Her ob/gyn can choose to do this if on a medical assessment the preggie meets the requirements for induction and the ob/gyn believes that it is better to bring the baby out now than to wait for 40 weeks or post date e.g. such as in big babies from preggies with diabetes, preggie induced hypertension, etc etc
Some preggies are induced before 39 weeks for medical reasons too.
Bottom line as @feddy27 said b4, discuss with your ob/gyn what options are available to you and what you would prefer. remember, every pregnancy is different and every woman is different. what works for A may not work for B. smiley
More info can be found on www.google.com smiley

Thanks dearie for this explanation kiss

Greatie,

I chose induction for the following reasons:

1. I wanted him to take the delivery. I didn't want one random doctor I have never had a chat with before...lol
2. I didn't want anxiety to set in as i was already getting tired of being pregnant...lol. heaviness, no confortable sleepin position, heartburns etc
3. Coincidentally, it fell on my mummy's birthday and as an only child, I felt that would be a wonderful gift to her smiley
4. I had an uneventful pregnancy so there was no issues whatsoever all along the line
5. His VE was not painful like the nurse that started the process, I practically chased away the one on duty at night that was doing the cervix ripening! Her VE was damn painful, she had to call him that i was not co-operating...lol. He told dem to give me pain meds, I slept off and by morning wen i woke up, I saw him by my bedside grin. He was just gisting with me, broke my waters and i didn't feel any pain. Allowed me to progress on my own first and monitored my bp for some hours cos he said instant epidural can cause the bp to crash. I was given epidural from 3cm and that was wen the lounging started grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 10:31am On May 13, 2016
feddy27:

Wao! I can imagine the trauma!

Thank God for knowledge now.

Take time and go thru thread 1-3. A Lot of valuable info are embedded there.

What do you think Ive been doing since last month, I think I practically know all the regulars here. This place don make me fashi Facebook ni o. Part 1, 2, and 3 plus this part 4 na complete course o. One cannot graduate without passing them mbok.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 10:37am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=chikos post=45566257][/quote]

My dear, this baby was 4kg and na my first time. I didnt know that I could encounter quacks in oyinbo land nah. Now my eye don clear. Anyboy touching me na so I go google am till I know all the sanctions or malpractice suits e don get. I cant shout
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:46am On May 13, 2016
Also, check hospital ratings on Health Grade before you chose. Look for the ones with 5stars in normal delivery and CS.

Lajoie33:

My dear, this baby was 4kg and na my first time. I didnt know that I could encounter quacks in oyinbo land nah. Now my eye don clear. Anyboy touching me na so I go google am till I know all the sanctions or malpractice suits e don get. I cant shout

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:49am On May 13, 2016
Lajoie33:

What do you think Ive been doing since last month, I think I practically know all the regulars here. This place don make me fashi Facebook ni o. Part 1, 2, and 3 plus this part 4 na complete course o. One cannot graduate without passing them mbok.

lol...weldone mama

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 10:51am On May 13, 2016
feddy27:

Give this lady a pot of nkwobi!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 10:58am On May 13, 2016
happytbaby:
Also, check hospital ratings on Health Grade before you chose. Look for the ones with 5stars in normal delivery and CS.

Doing that right away! I had only checked that their VD rate was way higher than the national average. My doc has a high rating sha. Lemme check. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.