Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897672 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
Querylady24:

Please I have seen tax return and my eyes and ears don stretch. I was told the US doesn't give. Is it just Houston?
. Well I got at the airport in Houston when I was leaving. You can also Google for more info. Got for items bought at Ross, jc penny and Apple Store.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ihebb:

@candyce, I got the info I needed and am working on it. I was advised to go for vacation first so I'll be leaving for new York on the 10th of July. Will call the embassy for the change of intent when I get bk.

Thanks for checking on me. Yeah am cool. Hope u re too?
Good to know dear. Am fine o. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Im new here though i have been following the thread.
About writing change of intent, It is NOT necessary if you have a B1/B2 multiple entry visa cos its both for vacation and for medical tourism. Following people's comments here, I decided to write my own change of intent letter and got the response below. I had my visa last year before I got pregnant this year and will be due later in the year. SO my visa is still valid and I don't need to do anything else by law smiley
If others had issues with their return journey, there must have been some other criteria they failed to warrant being denied a visa. Right from my first visa experience, at the interview, I was NEVER asked for any document so I guess they are happy with me and have issued me 2 yr multiple entry twice.

The email:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that there is no legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment. You should show the border protection agents upon arrival in the U.S. your detailed birth plan, which would include correspondence with your doctor, the cost of the delivery, any receipts showing prepayments for care and evidence that you have the ability to pay for all costs while in the U.S. up to and including your living expenses.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit (TMI)
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

ai100:
Hello house, most have gone to sleep ooooo since all this days only for me to wake and I saw something about annotation. I family(myself, hubby and 3yrs baby) was given a B1/B2 visa in June 2015 with Multiple entry and annotation.

My leave was recalled because 1 was on maternity and another 1 have to go on maternity before due date. My leave was later approved in Dec and was 1months plus already. Since I was pregnant didn't want to go for vacation knowing filly well how much I will need to pay my bills.

Sent a mail to the embassy of my change in intention but seeing this annotation thing is getting me scared as I intend travelling 1st week in June

Does all B1/B2 visa comes with annotation and what should I do.

Please help.

Worst part is I have booked Etihad only for me 2 find out from this trend it's a delicate area and my port of entry will be at Abu dhabi. Na God Hand I dey oo.

Please I need suggestions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Second reply from Abuja Consular Office. The one below was from Lagos office.

Dear Madam,

Before you travel to the United States for medical treatment, including childbirth, you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival. Healthcare in the United States is expensive. Costs associated with childbirth are high and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received including housing, transportation and meals. Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment.

Best Regards,
Consular Section

Im new here though i have been following the thread.
About writing change of intent, It is NOT necessary if you have a B1/B2 multiple entry visa cos its both for vacation and for medical tourism. Following people's comments here, I decided to write my own change of intent letter and got the response below. I had my visa last year before I got pregnant this year and will be due later in the year. SO my visa is still valid and I don't need to do anything else by law smiley
If others had issues with their return journey, there must have been some other criteria they failed to warrant being denied a visa. Right from my first visa experience, at the interview, I was NEVER asked for any document so I guess they are happy with me and have issued me 2 yr multiple entry twice.

The email:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that there is no legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment. You should show the border protection agents upon arrival in the U.S. your detailed birth plan, which would include correspondence with your doctor, the cost of the delivery, any receipts showing prepayments for care and evidence that you have the ability to pay for all costs while in the U.S. up to and including your living expenses.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit (TMI)
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
[Abeg which select stores are applicable for tax return
quote author=telias post=46565080]

Not applicable in all States but Texas does. They are at the Galleria in Houston and Dallas and the airports. However, the last time I did, only items purchased within one month of date of return from the select stores on the list. Was paid half of the tax value though.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Austine lotsa people get called in for interviews. It could be random. It could be they have a concern. If madam has been a good gieh then stop panicking.
If she intends to birth with it then she should go with all supporting docx.
Good luck and remember to post afterwards
My Wife went for the interview today,but it was not successful.

VO: hello
DW: hi
VO: You filled 2 weeks in your visa form and stayed 2 months in the US,why and what were you doing in the US for 2 months?
DW: I was stamped in for 6 months and i decided to stay for 2 months to visits friends and families. I also visit some of the tourists places in Houston and its environs, because i came for vacation.More over,i spent only 3 weeks during my second visit last november.
VO: Sorry we cannot renew your visa.
DW: Why? Do you have specific time that i supposed to stay in the US when someone was issued a B1/B2 Visa and was stamped in for 6 months in the port of entry?
VO: Sorry,but u can still re apply.

This is just unimaginable, i have seen people that stayed in the US for 5 months and still renew their visa via Dropbox.while some were issued a visa for vacation and they gave birth with it in the US and still renew their Visa and some even traveled only once with their visa and still renew via Dropbox. This reason doesnt worth calling someone for interview. but all in all i hate this visa thing to the core,because after u did all your best to maintain your good relationship and trust with the embassy,they will still look for a way to reject you visa. This was what happened between her and the schengen people after she has been a regular traveler to Germany since 2009 with over 6 schengen visas and was still rejected last time for no reason. and now US again. She has never overstayed any of her visas. The worst part of it is that the embassy even lost her first Nigerian passport where all her past expired schengen visas were and told her that they didnt detach the passports. Take her phone number and told her that they will call her if they see the passport and even stamped cancel without prejudice in her expired US visa in her new passport. Am so heart broken by this embassy people,because i have arranged for their summer vacation this july. But all the same life must go on. God dey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=Miracletwinee post=46560779][/quote]

They removed my cerlage accordingly to them,it can cause an infection because it's now a foreign body since to them am leaking which unfortunately didn't show on the scan.
Lesson learnt in all of this. It's not their fault,if I had left Nigeria on time,my eyes wouldn't see all these. Funny enough,my husband warned me. I wanted to wait till 31 weeks
In all I just thank God. Am OK,same with the babies. As long as there is life,there is hope. Even my own bill srf has almost doubled.
Taking each day as it comes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
To the glory of God, DH and I were given Visa.Both of us have not travelled out before, we were truthful alll the way and the victory of God reigned. Our transcript:
we: Good morning with smiles
Vo: Good morning, your passports
We: Handed over passports
Vo: Why are you going to US
Me: To have my baby, its going to be my third
. Cs and I really need better healthcare
. and also b/c of my past experiences.
Vo: How many children do you have
We: Two
Vo: Where do you work and how much do
. you earn
We: so so and so
Vo: Your account statements
we: Handed over to him including budget sheet
Vo: You have a big sum lodged in recently, where is it from
We: From our Company's savings organisation, we save with them and we also have a lletter/statement from them
Vo: What is your budget for this trip
we: About 18,000 dollars
Vo: What relationship do both of you have
We: spouse
Vo: How long are you married
We: 4 yrs
Vo: Have you contacted any Doc.
We: Yes
Vo: correspondences pls
we: Handed it over
Vo: Ok, ensure you pay your bills........
we: Thank you.

Thanks to the wonderful people of this thread. I also want to add that it is very necessary to appear at the interview looking very good like someone who can afford to pay the bills, you know first impression matters, from my experience that day .

28 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congrats Toknow! More favor all the way
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
telias:

Not applicable in all States but Texas does. They are at the Galleria in Houston and Dallas and the airports. However, the last time I did, only items purchased within one month of date of return from the select stores on the list. Was paid half of the tax value though.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Omobendel for research ambassador!!! grin

@mamafiks,

Congratulations darling. My own too go smooth like that o.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
UBA card. I shopped with it on amazon today and rate was N208.51 for the "pay in naira" option.

NaijaMama:
I usually shop with my Stanbic IBTC and GTBank cards on Amazon and choose 'pay in Naira' which gives me the rate of N209 to a $. However, I noticed that the option is no longer available from about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know any other bank card that still accepts that option?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
I am female in US. I have 2k dollars to exchange with anyone that needs dollars and yo give me naira equivalent . My exchange rate is 360.

Also, please what airline is cheapest from lag to DC/Maryland for this summer. Like July to November !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
@isysleek,

Abeg check Ur statement like some weeks later. UBA behaves like MTN from my observation.

Moreover,CBN has stopped usage of naira cards outside the borders of naija. cry

Haba udiboy,

How can u be boy and be female? Suspicion no 1. Then u ask us for information and u want to extort us!!!. Oga gba break

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Austine2020:
My Wife went for the interview today,but it was not successful.

because i have arranged for their summer vacation this july. But all the same life must go on. God dey.

Hi Austine.

I'm confused. There's a problem somewhere, cos the schengen denial and the US denial cannot both be coincidence. Something must av been flagged somewhere.

I stayed 5mths and still got my visa renewed so I don't understand the reason.

I think you should reapply

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@isysleek,

Abeg check Ur statement like some weeks later. UBA behaves like MTN from my observation.

Haba udiboy,

How can u be boy and be female? Suspicion no 1. Then u ask us for information and u want to extort us!!!. Oga gba break

Lol, hermaphroditism things lol! Just kidding sha.
I am a girl Biko.
Meanwhile , no be extortion. Mall am sells for 370 and above plus all d risk involved and you don't wanna Carry dollar dey travel upandan.
It's a win-win situation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
nefertitiram:

Hi Austine.

I'm confused. There's a problem somewhere, cos the schengen denial and the US denial cannot both be coincidence. Something must av been flagged somewhere.

I stayed 5mths and still got my visa renewed so I don't understand the reason.

I think you should reapply
I thought as much,because my father inlaw and mother in law even stayed for 5 months plus on two occasions and still renew theirs in lagos via Dropbox. but if something was flagged,why cant they tell her or ask her the thing,so that she can explain.Because am very sure that she has used her visa very well without any hindrance and abide by their rules all along,only for her to be refused in this unexpected way. I am even shocked and confused when she called me to tell me this. With this kind of refusal, am even tired to tell her to reapply. I havent seen this kind of refusal before,denying someone just for no reason. I will tell her to reapply,but there is no time,because i wanted them to travel for vacation this summer when my kids will have long vacation but the earliest date i saw today was 26 of july.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
bubelahot:
[Abeg which select stores are applicable for tax return
quote author=telias post=46565080]

Not applicable in all States but Texas does. They are at the Galleria in Houston and Dallas and the airports. However, the last time I did, only items purchased within one month of date of return from the select stores on the list. Was paid half of the tax value though.

Check www.taxfreetexas.com However, only items purchased within a month of your travel return date will be eligible. You may chose to buy your designer stuff and devices then. Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol at 'married an Ijesha man..."

God be praised!
Don't worry, God who has colored your journey beautiful, will make it beautiful even to the end.
It will only get better, just keep speaking positive words into the situation.
Blessings.
temyb:
God has been faithful oooo. My twins are no more on oxygen support. Saw them today and the nurses were like they are doing way too fast than their age. Before nko, I married an ijesha man not oyinbo man.
I had to scream it to them to stop calling me for medic aid am not intrested. It was later their over head boss stylishly called me to one side and it's true,I shouldn't collect it. That they are just forcing me but I should make sure I don't. At first, they were like no payment plan bla bla bla just to make me collect but when me and the over head financial boss spoke she was like sure we can work things out.
Am just trying to relax well. Please any mom still planning to share apartment around fort Worth dallas. Want to be closer to my babies. Twice in a week is not enough for me,
God has been faithful oooo,I appreciate God

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 12:39am On Jun 15, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@isysleek,

Haba udiboy,

Some cards are still going like first bank and stanbic. Just that the rate is story for another day. Almost same with black market
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 1:27am On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=passionantchica post=46580969]Lol at 'married an Ijesha man..."

God be praised!
Don't worry, God who has colored your journey beautiful, will make it beautiful even to the end.
It will only get better, just keep speaking positive words into the situation.
Blessings.
[/quote

ABI now. Yes oooo. I have chose to remain positive

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 2:20am On Jun 15, 2016
chima1ng:

congrats

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 2:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Please what rate does uber use for naija cards when you use them in them in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 3:45am On Jun 15, 2016
please is Gtbank still working and what rate is first and stanbic now

chikos:

Some cards are still going like first bank and stanbic. Just that the rate is story for another day. Almost same with black market
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 3:47am On Jun 15, 2016
grin grin grin grin like someone stole from you, TRUE TRUE!

chikos:

it's alright. We all know how hard things are but let me also let you know that apart from hospital bill,doctors bill please carry minimum extra 3000. So make sure u factor that in your budget cos you need to process baby ticket and process baby paper plus food and transportation and things for the baby. It will amaze how the money finishes like someone stole from you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 4:28am On Jun 15, 2016
Austine2020:
I thought as much,because my father inlaw and mother in law even stayed for 5 months plus on two occasions and still renew theirs in lagos via Dropbox. but if something was flagged,why cant they tell her or ask her the thing,so that she can explain.Because am very sure that she has used her visa very well without any hindrance and abide by their rules all along,only for her to be refused in this unexpected way. I am even shocked and confused when she called me to tell me this. With this kind of refusal, am even tired to tell her to reapply. I havent seen this kind of refusal before,denying someone just for no reason. I will tell her to reapply,but there is no time,because i wanted them to travel for vacation this summer when my kids will have long vacation but the earliest date i saw today was 26 of july.

26th July still falls within the hols na. It runs till sept
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 4:30am On Jun 15, 2016
isysleek:
UBA card. I shopped with it on amazon today and rate was N208.51 for the "pay in naira" option.

Are you for real? Thanks! You're a life saver!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:18am On Jun 15, 2016
Austine
Without any other info from u, I'll torchlight the following issues
1. The mood of the vo
2. The manner wherein your wife answered
3. Her actual answer. I will elucidate a bit here.
' I went for 2 weeks but since I was stamped 6 months I now stayed back visiting friends and what not.' IMO that shows she had no serious ties in Nigeria. She could change her plans at the drop of a hat. Clearly, she had no job to run back to. Maybe she even took paid employment whil there #inthevo'svoice. She could even afford to stay2 months away from her husband that is s'posed to be a tie.
Who's to say she has not made arrangements to now stay forever now.
4. Again I think her whole answer was flippant. It could rub of wrong on a bad 'mooded' vo

Wayforward
Anytime she's reapplying, she has to have it in mind to prove strong home ties and that she did not work while in the us

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 8:23am On Jun 15, 2016
MommaT:
Please what rate does uber use for naija cards when you use them in themthe my
in the US.

It's depend on the bank card u are using and the bank rate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 8:25am On Jun 15, 2016
ai100:
please is Gtbank still working and what rate is first and stanbic now

Not too sure of them but I think someone mentioned that she used them and also gave rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.