Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897680 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2016
joanazubu:
Please is it bad to help ?cos i can be in need too. I got alot of help from ppl here
I really don't understand .please need clarification so other ppl will learn too shocked shocked quote author=firsttymum post=47641912] this doesn't sit down well at all. shocked shocked

If you really need to help this person, you should purchase the 'liquid' yourself oh.. Collect your money when you deliver or whatever. What people are saying is not far fetched. I wont even help an aged person or preggie with luggage at the airport. #bewisebecareful

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 7:24am On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks alot
Popri:

Pls be very careful with taking liquid body lotions that you will not be purchasing yourself from a total stranger
It's good to help but think twice before taking any action, if possible, make the purchase yourself
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2016
joanazubu:
Please is it bad to help ?cos i can be in need too. I got alot of help from ppl here
I really don't understand .please need clarification so other ppl will learn too shocked shocked quote author=firsttymum post=47641912] this doesn't sit down well at all. shocked shocked

I think it's just for security purpose, no one said u shudnt help or ask for help but it shouldn't be th type that will land both parties in trouble.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2016
tyosho:

Don't change the fact that you're one of the most polite people on this thread.If not the most polite sef.Im always amazed with how you respond to sometimes "annoying" questions.
Thanks dear for that.
However polite or not, I don't o pms an I dont support indolence. People have been given the gift of a child/ren and the opportunity to give them a Life better than the one we had and they want you to do the research for them.
For example, if you are going from jibowu to sapele and ask for directions,There are 2 kinds of people you will meet.
The ist will tell you drive for 10 minutes, turn left at he tree and right when you see some okada park.
The second type will teach you how to read signs and sign posts. I am this type of person. Because if u depend on the ist type ul end up stopping again and again to ask for help.
I believe in teaching to fish and not to hand out fish. Snapping a page to send is handing out fish and the person wil come back at different stages of her journey. I wake up middle of the night to research things I need, because I WANT it badly.

Finally, I am a human being and if you meet me on my low day and give me attiude on top say I De answer ya kweshun, I doubt that the pool of politeness no go dry up.
Have a blest week,! Make I go hustle for my garri and groundnut grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by joanazubu(f): 8:00am On Jul 18, 2016
Momo13:

If you really need to help this person, you should purchase the 'liquid' yourself oh.. Collect your money when you deliver or whatever. What people are saying is not far fetched. I wont even help an aged person or preggie with luggage at the airport. #bewisebecareful[/quote

Thanks Dear.

[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=47642832]
Just in case folks have forgotten, you are advised to pack all your stuff yourself and veriify the contents. 'Did you pack your bag yourself' is a routine cbp question.
Some favours (even those with a free ride attached) are just too risky and should never be embarked on. That's why there's fedex, dhl and a thousand and 1 courier companies
#dropsmic
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:03am On Jul 18, 2016
Chrisdew:
Well I know it's inappropriate taking stuffs from strangers but I am not new to naira land over 20 preggy moms have ridden with me .. It saddens my heart if am stil regarded has a stranger in NL... I am not forcing anyone I just felt it's a platform for Nigerians both abroad and home . I am entitled to add an incentive for a favor .. If I was shady I can solicits from filtering from the houston options online ... Thanks

Looks like u ain't sure about the definition of a stranger.
Dude u r still a stranger. That u do cab business for mamas in Houston doesn't automatically mean u r a friend or one who isn't a stranger.

I won't CARRY any liquid for any family member if I didn't buy it myself.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:15am On Jul 18, 2016
joanazubu:
Good morning firsttymum abeg were e sit if e no sit well cos na person wa sit for turkey now no sit well. please clarify quote author=firsttymum post=47641912] this doesn't sit down well at all. shocked shocked
In this era of drugs and desperation of people... Let's not forget people will do anything for money.

You don't carry such things for people.
Didn't we see on d news where a woman was carrying clothes for someone and there were drugs on the hem of the clothes.

People are wicked.. So it's time to shine ur eyes.
What ever that liquid is if u r the one buying it to carry for the person no wahala.

No one shld even give u food stuffs to carry. Insist on buying it urself.

The heart of man is desperately wicked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mom2015: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Thanks dear for that.
However polite or not, I don't o pms an I dont support indolence. People have been given the gift of a child/ren and the opportunity to give them a Life better than the one we had and they want you to do the research for them.
For example, if you are going from jibowu to sapele and ask for directions,There are 2 kinds of people you will meet.
The ist will tell you drive for 10 minutes, turn left at he tree and right when you see some okada park.
The second type will teach you how to read signs and sign posts. I am this type of person. Because if u depend on the ist type ul end up stopping again and again to ask for help.
I believe in teaching to fish and not to hand out fish. Snapping a page to send is handing out fish and the person wil come back at different stages of her journey. I wake up middle of the night to research things I need, because I WANT it badly.

Finally, I am a human being and if you meet me on my low day and give me attiude on top say I De answer ya kweshun, I doubt that the pool of politeness no go dry up.
Have a blest week,! Make I go hustle for my garri and groundnut grin

LadyG I sent u a pm, didn't see any response. Pls respond its personal to u and I can't post it here. I beg u in Gods name it's very important. My email is ade22_hassan@yahoo.co.uk Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2016
mom2015:

LadyG I sent u a pm, didn't see any response. Pls respond its personal to u and I can't post it here. I beg u in Gods name it's very important. My email is ade22_hassan@yahoo.co.uk Thanks

Ok mommy. If its not a visa issue. I sha pm u pronto!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mom2015: 8:42am On Jul 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ok mommy. If its not a visa issue. I sha pm u pronto!

No ma'am I really need to talk to u. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2016
mom2015:

No ma'am I really need to talk to u. Cheers
Shek ur PM email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mom2015: 9:36am On Jul 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Shek ur PM email

Still waiting fr it. Will respond as soon as I receive it. Network issues I guess.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 11:05am On Jul 18, 2016
firsttymum:
So today I was thinking... If u go through the ttc thread and ivf especially ivf thread Hmmm.... You'll melt...

So I felt if u can freely and willingly donate eggs especially if u know one who's in need pls do.
I wanted to discuss surrogacy but that'll take personal conviction.
These people are spending alot... OMG a whole lot. So pls I indulge us to visit and pray and do what you can as d spirit leads (like donate eggs, surrogacy) . During ur devotion pray for them or even if it's only one person.. Pick a name and pray.

God bless us all.

I have thought about this issue of surrogacy over and over again. A friend needed similar help but my partner is so old fashioned, he doesn't think it's a good idea. Our society ehn! he was asking questions o, plenty questions, will i be the one to impregnate you and you will give out the child? so you will carry a child who was fertilised by another couple? Will you be in this house for the nine months? How about your job? What will you tell people when they ask for the baby after nine months? The questions were too much so i aborted the idea.
Unfortunately, some of us want to help but we have non-supportive partners/society...

i read through the TTC thread once in a while and say a prayer for them everytime...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2016
Hello House, Lady G, 1sttymmum, feddy, justwise and all other mothers, well done.

Please i need you candid opinion/answers to a few questions.

During visa interview, when i am asked why am i travelling? Can my answer be for childbirth only and not with vacation, cos i applied for a B2 visa and truthfully, i am going alone leaving my husband and toddler behind and my only purpose is childbirth, not with vacation anyways. I have seen quite alot of transcript that reads childbirth and vacation.

2ndly, when asked about previous travel history, i dont have one and i intend to answer that i have had no cogent reason to travel, schooled, trained and work here in Nigeria.

3rdly, wen asked why Houston/this doc/hosp, can my answer be squarely on friend review coupled with my research and reviews i have read about the doctor/hospital. In addition to the fees which is within our means to pay.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
Pamperme:

I have thought about this issue of surrogacy over and over again. A friend needed similar help but my partner is so old fashioned, he doesn't think it's a good idea. Our society ehn! he was asking questions o, plenty questions, will i be the one to impregnate you and you will give out the child? so you will carry a child who was fertilised by another couple? Will you be in this house for the nine months? How about your job? What will you tell people when they ask for the baby after nine months? The questions were too much so i aborted the idea.
Unfortunately, some of us want to help but we have non-supportive partners/society...

i read through the TTC thread once in a while and say a prayer for them everytime...
my hubby said I will have to convince him very well but only after we r done with having kids.... I don't mind helping out. Inshort I've given it a good thought. My only ish is the morning sickness except mayb the gestational surrogacy which I wld prefer anyway.... I don't mind donating eggs too. This one my hubby is on board.
I'm a health professional so telling my colleagues et al it's surrogacy wldnt b an issue. Of course I will tell my family and friends. I wld only leave out the identity of the owner of the baby. It's something I really wanna do.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
isysleek:
No longer accepting int'l patients? Na wa o. .. wats their reason? They want to close the road to elpaso like mihs did. Smh

It's not true that Doctores parati is no longer accepting int'l patients. im presently using them for my sister's trip to el paso tx. Did you get in touch and they turned you down? always search for factss before conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
debby516:
Hello House, Lady G, 1sttymmum, feddy, justwise and all other mothers, well done.

During visa interview, when i am asked why am i travelling? Can my answer be for childbirth only and not with vacation, cos i applied for a B2 visa and truthfully, i am going alone leaving my husband and toddler behind and my only purpose is childbirth, not with vacation anyways. I have seen quite alot of transcript that reads childbirth and vacation.

2ndly, when asked about previous travel history, i dont have one and i intend to answer that i have had no cogent reason to travel, schooled, trained and work here in Nigeria.

3rdly, wen asked why Houston/this doc/hosp, can my answer be squarely on friend review coupled with my research and reviews i have read about the doctor/hospital. In addition to the fees which is within our means to pay.

Thank you.
1. Yes. Childbirth alone should be your reason. Shows candid-ness (oyibo cheesy) and sets the tone for the interview. Note: You can lead the interview to how you want it if you give the right answers.
2. Travel history abi the lack therof only is not a barrier to visa issuance. Your reason is ok. But be sure not to sound defensive.
3. All of the above minus the cost part. That may tick the vo off wrongly that you are working on a budget and likely to resort to medicaid once any extra expense exceeds your budget.
#myopinion o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
debby516:

Thank you.

LadyGuinivere:

1. Yes. Childbirth alone should be your reason. Shows candid-ness (oyibo cheesy) and sets the tone for the interview. Note: You can lead the interview to how you want it if you give the right answers.
2. Travel history abi the lack therof only is not a barrier to visa issuance. Your reason is ok. But be sure not to sound defensive.
3. All of the above mnus the cost part. That may tick the vo off wrongly that you are working on a budget and likely to resort to medicaid once any extra expense exceeds your budget.
#myopinion o

I concour .. This LadyG too sabi Abeg!! NUMBER 1 grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hopefulme: 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
jossy404:
For the papa s in the house wey dey go do omoguo after the LO don arrive .......it is best you carry all your payment receipt followbody ooo. It bolster confidence at POE. #talkingfrompersonalhoustonexperience#

My 2cent

Daddy please Sir help us with a brief of your personal experience to educate and prepare our omoguo papas. You know papas are always overjoyed with LO's arrival and fit forget things. Thank you. Papas with similar experience can also contribute. Its a mamas & papas affair on this journey.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thank you.
LadyGuinivere:

3. All of the above mnus the cost part. That may tick the vo off wrongly that you are working on a budget and likely to resort to medicaid once any extra expense exceeds your budget.
#myopinion o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
Let me share this small story/experience

Some years back, i was traveling to South Africa , my uncle was working at airport so i went to greet him.. On getting to him , i met him talking to a lady that was also traveling to SA on the same flight.. He pleaded that she should help me pass immigration and custom because i had a virgin Passport and she was a frequent traveler.. You sabi the virgin Passport thingy in the airport. Na so this woman stand with me and help me through them sha. When we landed at O tambo . She was carrying 3 heavy bags.. As JJC na.. I helped her carry one bag and even wheeled it to the customs. They started checking and as i notice the search was going take some time.. I told her i was leaving that the people that would pick me at the airport must be waiting by now.. Na so i wan waka comot o .. One of the custom officer said Young man where you going to? I told him i was leaving that i only helped her push it in here ... Na so the guy Vex say .. WHAT? My friend go and seat down there and if they find anything incriminating in those bags(Drugs etc ) .. I would have to go IN with her because we both wheeled the bags in.. I started sweating under chilled AC . After being delayed for about 45 minutes. The Custom people told the lady to pay for some fines because she didn't declare some items.. Na so the custom man call me say. NEVER NEVER AGAIN should you help anyone carry luggage in the airport even if na your family member.

I said YES SIR and he allowed me leave because she wasn't carry anything bad(they were just foodstuffs.. I think she sell Nigeria foodstuffs in SA).. Since then big lesson learnt. The People waiting for me at Lobby sef don call 9ja say plane don land & everybody don come out but them no see me o.. When i finally came out and told them what happened.. They started Laughing and warned me not to do it again also..

So my people its good to help but be sure you wont land yourself into trouble for trying to HELP.

Sorry for the off-key Post , just had to share my experience so mamas and papas can learn

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=lovemeag post=47643956]Hi all , just need some clarification , does the US embassy open or take interviews on Saturday because my appointment was booked for Saturday so I'm a bit worried that something is not right . Your swift response /feedback will be highly appreciated . Thanks [/quote
They do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
firsttymum:
Do u know that A guy sent me 500 airtime and he was promoted at work?
The next day, a lady sent me 1000 and got engaged to a very rich man.
The next day, another guy sent 2000 and he was granted a visa to d U.S.A.
Don't b left out! Why not send yours now and give your testimony.
The higher the amount you send, the bigger your miracle.
Don't be left out! Hurry now b4 I stop collecting...#etisalat only. grin grin

kikikikikikikiki!!!! hope am allowed to laugh like you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chrisdew: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
Thanks , the risk attached is more than help I needed ... Please if you can help me buy the lotion it will be super cool ...spending that much on couriers is not pocket friendly abeg ... I don't mean any harm to anyone here please .. If my post has nauseated anyone pls forgive me ... I do business here I need more friends.
Thanks
9ja peeps no dulling and blood is always hotting .
I hail Una .

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
For visa, pls do i need to obtain doc's report from my naija doc to show ow long i'm gone, ANC etc, to show dat i am undergoing care here but just want something better?

Thanks.
ccemordi:
debby516:

Thank you.

I concour .. This LadyG too sabi Abeg!! NUMBER 1 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
U.S Point of Contact Information
Pls what do I select as the visa category because I do no see medical. Make I pick exchange visitor j?
Should I put the hospital details because there is no other contact in the US.
Pls I need help as to filling my I ds-160 or is there any other form to be filled?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
Firstymum, thanks for your love and support towards people who are trying to conceive. It is indeed a difficult journey.

I have also thought of being a surrogate for someone in need. May God please bless every mom waiting. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by solistic: 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
solistic:

@herrik066, thanks for your response. Return date for me is 19th August while for Madam is October 14th. Many thanks for your help.

herrik066, hope your getaway weekend was good. Please, I am still waiting for the information about the flight. Many thanks for your help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nogen:
Firstymum, thanks for your love and support towards people who are trying to conceive. It is indeed a difficult journey.

I have also thought of being a surrogate for someone in need. May God please bless every mom waiting. Amen.

Surrogacy... hummnn...

Pregnancy doesn't treat me too well. I'm fighting an inner battle on when and how to try for baby number 2.

I can support with prayers and funds, bt surrogacy, it should be $100,000 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
nefertitiram:

Surrogacy... hummnn...

Pregnancy doesn't treat me too well. I'm fighting an inner battle on when and how to try for baby number 2.

I can support with prayers and funds, bt surrogacy, it should be $100,000 grin

Still healing. Once I'm strong enough, I will give it a serious thought. You too like money joor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
Dear all,

Please I need your help. For mommas that gave birth recently at CHI st Luke's hospital, Sugarland, pls how did u about getting your zero balance.

I called the finance admin, and she is saying I have an outstanding bill of $1,743 for baby nursery and lab fees. Pls how much did u pay? The amount is too outrageous.

Kindly help a sister as I will be leaving soon and I need to get this bill sorted out. The quote from Dr. F is $210 for pediatrician and $300 for labs making a total of $510
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nogen:

Amen Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.