Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (896341 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
Thanks dear. I know that it is a personal thing because I was not even checked at all the airports I travelled through which is not the same for many. It was just out of curiousity that I decided to ask ni ooo, not that I am pre-occupied. I have more important things to worry about dear like can I live here permanently? My baby sef does not let me worry about anything

feddy27:

I've come to understand in this birthing waka that online reviews are misleading! Always look out for people that have had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE THAT YOU CAN RELATE WITH. This thread is a good avenue for such. Read thru the post of those that used the hospital and see if there are pros and cons. Remember your business with the hospital is just once and that's at delivery. Take a tour yourself, discuss with the staff on ground and work closely with your doctor. He should guide you and calm your fears if you have any.

Most importantly, have an open mind! Don't be preoccupied with the negative things you hear else you won't be pleased by anything you see there

***Speaking from my First Experience***

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Thanks dear. I know that it is a personal thing because I was not even checked at all the airports I travelled through which is not the same for many. It was just out of curiousity that I decided to ask ni ooo, not that I am pre-occupied. I have more important things to worry about dear like can I live here permanently? My baby sef does not let me worry about anything

Nice grin

Wishing you a very safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hi everyone ... Who has flown Lufthansa back to naija before ? Was ur babies car seat and stroller checked in for free ? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hanatase: 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
Gud day all, av bin a silent follower infact av read from part 1,it has bin of great help but I still need your help to clarify sometinz. I av apply for B1\B2 visa with my hubby and son. Hubby as my sponsor and interview date is early september. Am 24weeks gone bfor now we intend not to say am pregnant but is obvious that am pregnant now and with the help of this forum which I learnt someone can get a correspondent and proof of budget from hospital is possible to get a visa.pls do I need to write the embassy that we ain't going for vacation alone but with childbirth bfor the interview. If not pls how may I go about it so not to contradict what I applied for. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Hi everyone ... Who has flown Lufthansa back to naija before ? Was ur babies car seat and stroller checked in for free ? Thanks

Every airline carries your stroller and car seat for free if you have an infant checked in.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
hanatase:
Gud day all, av bin a silent follower infact av read from part 1,it has bin of great help but I still need your help to clarify sometinz. I av apply for B1\B2 visa with my hubby and son. Hubby as my sponsor and interview date is early september. Am 24weeks gone bfor now we intend not to say am pregnant but is obvious that am pregnant now and with the help of this forum which I learnt someone can get a correspondent and proof of budget from hospital is possible to get a visa.pls do I need to write the embassy that we ain't going for vacation alone but with childbirth bfor the interview. If not pls how may I go about it so not to contradict what I applied for. Thank you

No need for any letter. Say it right there as it is during your interview

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
@feddy27,

If it isn't panadol, it can never be panadol!!! I want Nigerian Lipton tongue tongue

@ozycy,

Will Google now to confirm

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hanatase: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
feddy27:

No need for any letter. Say it right there as it is during your interview

Thank you... u mean I shld tell d Vo am going for childbirth wen the purpose of visits on ds 160 says vacation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dora2007: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
It took me one hour to leave JFK

trishxx:
Hi everyone.

I know no two experiences are probably the same, but can those who have passed through JFK give a rough estimate of how long it took them from landing to leaving (or being free to leave) the airport? My Arik flight would land (if there are no delays) in the early morning, and I'm trying to figure out what time to book for a local flight to El Paso. Local flight also to take off from JFK

Please help a sister, from your experience. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jgirl22(f): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Feddy27,

I didn't see the Nigerian Lipton o. cry.. went to payless and d other African store.. nothing.

@ozycy,

Abeg which one is mex African? Which side for bissonet? Am talking of our very local Lipton oo !!!

Is it healthy for a pregnant woman to take lipton?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
modath:

grin grin . ... yes ooo

The most favoredgal , merci beaucoup mi lady.. undecided undecided
kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
favoredgal:

kiss

Smiley corrected mi lady, na slip of finger.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
hanatase:

Thank you... u mean I shld tell d Vo am going for childbirth wen the purpose of visits on ds 160 says vacation?
Had a long day. Can't type long.
Yes u can carry the burden of proof and tell them your purpose changed
Or you swap your form. For procedure on that read back like 10 pages .
And you haven't jacked this thread well cos this issue has been treated severallly.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
nefertitiram:

Yes she's correct. I asked at the airport last week when we returned from Europe.

It's $200 for visa on arrival for babay born to Nigerian parents from US. There is a lounge in Lagos airport where it can be processed.
it's cheaper na... No more tanko and eddy Yeepee

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
Chanbaby:

You are sounding like my hubby. This craving is real not from the mind oh. Is what the baby wants. grin
Haaaaa what d baby wants ke?
Why will the baby want lipton or ewa agoyin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favored247: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hi moms to be, this is my second post on nairaland as i am also a new person here on dis thread. I didnt know one could write a letter to the embassy for change of intent of travel plans. I had my visa interview in oct 2014 n was asked by the v.o my intent of travel.told vo for vacation.she asked if i was planning on giving birth , i said if it comes.The vo then said if i was,i shouldnt apply for memedicaidr any govt aid.i said sure That i would be responsible For any payment then.she gives me a 2yrs visa.At poe in houston in jan, the immigration officers asked my duration of stay, hubby says 3months..n he gave me 6months without asking if i was for delivery blah blah....my question is will this affect me when im coming back to the usa or when i want to apply for another visa cos im like if i knew about the letter stuff i would have notified the embassy prior travel.I would greatly appreciate responses
Now, im going to d US for delivery with that same visa by sept n d visa will expire oct 2016. Taking JFK. this time. Pls as my visa will soon expire will that b a problem at the POE?
2ndly. Should i just say im here for vacation to see my parents only or i should include medical care or childbirt

3rdly is JFK a safe POE

4thly should i send a letter of intent to d embassy stating im going for childbirth or i shouldn't since i didnt for the last birth.
5thly i just want to book n pay for antenatal visits alone is that ok , cos i want ti get there first before i pay hospital hospital bills for delivery
pls abeg make person help me ooi. Thanks in advance
NB....this will b my second delivery on dat visa. Ist was early last year...should i also tKe along my zero balance n receipt of first delivery wen travelling in sept?

Pls help a sister ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
candyce:

Professor firsttymum tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Go away tongue tongue tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
1. Shouldn't be a problem. You are allowed to go to the US border till the day stated on your visa as the expiry date. Allowing you enter the country however is at the discretion of the CBP officer.

2. Be honest and truthful about the reason you're there. If it's for childbirth, say it's for childbirth. Honesty is the best policy. Take your burden of proof, for self confidence purposes.

3. Considerably so. Again, make sure you have your burden of proof.

4. In your case, according to your transcript, this isn't completely necessary. Can anyone else confirm this, please?

5. I don't know that any American hospitals let you pay for prenatal visits so late in a pregnancy. Can anyone else advise on this too, please?

[quote author=favored247 post=47795218]
Hi moms to be, this is my second post on nairaland as i am also a new person here on dis thread....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hanatase: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Had a long day. Can't type long.
Yes u can carry the burden of proof and tell them your purpose changed
Or you swap your form. For procedure on that read back like 10 pages .
And you haven't jacked this thread well cos this issue has been treated severallly.

Thanks LadyGuinivere... I appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
Candyce

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
firsttymum:
Candyce
Yea I know Prof. That was not what I was taught in primary school . tongue

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Imo007: 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2016
Used St Mary's NJ.

Dr Pali.
Very understanding doc.

quote author=KayLayChi post=47759469]

Hello Tyrah, I just called St Mary's and they are affordable compared to other quotes I have gotten. However they claim to work with any Obgyn or certified midwife.

Have you used St Mary's, if you have which doctor did you use.

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zeejam: 12:27am On Jul 23, 2016
I got to the US two weeks ago and I had a very smooth experience at jfk airport. He ask where I work and what i do in my company and that was all.

I been at wisconsin for a week now but the hospital bills are crazy $18k upward. Seems i will have to go back to ny or if i can get a cheaper hospital & accommodation elsewhere.
Pls help a sister.

Thanks
Imo007:
Used St Mary's NJ.

Dr Pali.
Very understanding doc.

quote author=KayLayChi post=47759469]

Hello Tyrah, I just called St Mary's and they are affordable compared to other quotes I have gotten. However they claim to work with any Obgyn or certified midwife.

Have you used St Mary's, if you have which doctor did you use.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 1:15am On Jul 23, 2016
Thanks Firsttymum,

I saw him yesterday, he promised to sort it out cos there's definitely a mix up.

Will keep the house updated.

Thanks.

firsttymum:

Since u already have a quote. Ask Dr F to help u. Tell him what's going on
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 1:22am On Jul 23, 2016
No be beans oh. Thanks, the doc is sorting it out.

simababe:

Maybe u shud call billing or ask to see someone in charge. U need to stand ur ground. Extra 1k no be beans ooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamamj: 4:20am On Jul 23, 2016
TopeFl:

Yes you do not need a Nigerian Visa for the child. There is a category called visa on arrival. Google it and see the application process. Way better than sending your baby's passport to any Nigerian Embassy here for naija visa. It will also shorten your stay and expenses. We didn't know about this until a few weeks ago. Need more info you can email me directly.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TopeFl(m): 4:45am On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=mamamj post=47802195][/quote]

Story...lol...We have done this for 2 families and none of this ever came up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 5:05am On Jul 23, 2016
TopeFl:

Story...lol...We have done this for 2 families and none of this ever came up.

@ TopeFl, please what process did u take when you did it for the families? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 5:15am On Jul 23, 2016
feddy27:

Every airline carries your stroller and car seat for free if you have an infant checked in.

Thanks mama

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.