Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,647 members, 7,782,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 09:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (892242 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
Laugh wan come and kee me ooo.

@Original poster, abeg Chicago POE is not a good idea at all.

bigfido:

Be advising people not to worry about Chicago POE you hear?! Me that I am a man and have pot belly, they drilled the living day out of me and kept me for almost 4 hours.. Maybe they later discovered that I am a man and the belle na just pot belly and let me go. Never using that POE for anything.
Houston poe that worships Chicago every morning for its wickedness..
Goodluck o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
I recall reading here that someone did that . The temporary ID stuff, maybe you should Google the hospital +Nairaland to find the post.

greeneophyte:
Good day people,

I have gone through some of the pages in this thread and the previous one.Please I would appreciate some experienced counsels.

My wife is currently in Dallas to give birth. She is 36 weeks. We couldn't secure PTA before she travelled. Now, we will love to use the form A to pay for her bills, but all the hospitals we've spoken to do not accept wire transfer (form A) for payment. Please I would really appreciate any advise on a Dallas hospital that will do form A. This is especially urgent as she is really advanced at 36 wks

Meanwhile, someone gave us an OB package for JPS hospital in Dallas which requires us to processs temporary Tarrant county ID for her. Has anyone used this before? Does this translate to using the US govt funding? I really want to be sure so we dont get to speak long grammer in the future.

Thanks for the good work here. It really is commendable.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damidamsel: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Not sure if the credit card has different limits but I know the debut card has daily limits of 150/Atm and 350/POS or online transactions. The monthly limits are 750/atm and 1750/POS

@oloriesther....just as TheLeakyTribe has said debit card limit is 150 daily@atm max 750monthly@atm and 350daily@POS max 1750monthly@POS. So in a day u cld do 150@atm n 350@POS to gt 500 for that day n u can do that max 5 times in a month. No idea abt credit card
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
oloriesther:
Hello great people!!
@ Petdaughter favouredgal, ZillyO & damidamsel, I will be in USA for the next four weeks and intend going with my stanbic credit card. Is it possible to withdraw $300 daily from the ATM to limit of credit becos friend said there is a certain amount allocated for withdrawal while the remaining is supposed to be used for POS transaction.kindly confirm if this is true or if you have encountered it.

Credit card does not have the daily or monthly limits the debit cards have

But I learnt you are penalized for withdrawing cash either naira or dollar

I only used for pos transactions so I can't say it that's true or not
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ramzolly:
Tx dear, will do dat

Romzolly
Pls oo..Detention for long hours a.k.a secondary inspection isn't a nice experience for a pregnant woman or a woman who just had a baby..you will be emotionally drenched
To avoid this, pay any amount to avoid Chicago POE with pregnancy cos they are paranoid..If you say the truth, they will think you are lying
I was VERY honest in all my dealings, yet I experienced emotional torture

Best wishes

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DunnyGee: 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
@Dunnygee

Welcome to Atlanta. which ob/gyn are you using?[/quote]

Thx. I'm using Dr Andrews.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
bigfido:

Be advising people not to worry about Chicago POE you hear?! Me that I am a man and have pot belly, they drilled the living day out of me and kept me for almost 4 hours.. Maybe they later discovered that I am a man and the belle na just pot belly and let me go. Never using that POE for anything.
Goodluck o

Chai! Chaiii!!! Chaiii!!!

How many times did I Chai for you! Lol @ ur potbelly. Dey needed to ascertain dat u r not pulling an Alams on dem

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by potbelly(m): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
Stop laughing at me and that guy *sad*
nefertitiram:

Chai! Chaiii!!! Chaiii!!!

How many times did I Chai for you! Lol @ ur potbelly. Dey needed to ascertain dat u r not pulling an Alams on dem

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ronnie1984(f): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hello my favourite people on this planet. ...having u guys share your extensive knowledge of birthing processes have been too helpful to ignore. I mite not always comment bt I read and follow this thread religiously.
I will be leaving for elpaso next week and my agent by mistake chose chicago as my poe. Although am still trying to change. Pls pray and bless me with all the fatherly and motherly advice to may it stressless and breezy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
Amin! I don enter part 4...na God win!!

hardeymijuh:
Part 1,2 & 3 don waka, we still dey carry go!!!
From Part 1,am glad to be part of the success stories of lots of people on this trend...
Wish all mammas and pappas travelling in April success and good POE testimonies!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
potbelly:
Stop laughing at me and that guy *sad*

Hahahahaha! Welcome Mr Potbelly to give birth in USA thread.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ramzolly: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
Thanks everyone for your advice. I have contacted my agent. Working on re routing to New York now.i appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by GucciOluwa: 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Marking present too o. Mbuk if anyone sees cheap ticket to atlanta let me know. I will still travel in summer maybe my baby(ies) want to be "MADE IN USA" wink. Atlanta mums that need nannies can book me o. Happy new month everyone!

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lmaooooo. If Houston POE worships Chicago, no be small thing o.
bigfido:

Goodluck o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
Happy new month everyone cool
Bros Justwise make you declare 1 1 bottle for ya babes na as we don enter part 4 smiley
@bigfido the image you put in my head about Chicago CBP harassing you because of your potbelly is so funny grin grin grin it sure will keep me laughing.

@blaize777 Congratulations.more success stories in Jesus name
Cheers everyone

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Bisoye82:
Happy new month everyone cool
Bros Justwise make you declare 1 1 bottle for ya babes na as we don enter part 4 smiley
@bigfido the image you put in my head about Chicago CBP harassing you because of your potbelly is so funny grin grin grin it sure will keep me laughing.

@blaize777 Congratulations.more success stories in Jesus name
Cheers everyone

Which babes? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
@blaize777

Please you don't have to post the same thing 3x one is enough
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bimdazzle: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
omodadi:

Send email to SIBTCBDC@stanbic.com requesting for PTA and attach ur documents: ticket, passport, visa, account number, BVN, and phone number.
Thank you, God bless

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
Yay Part 4!! Congrats to all the new mums. Safe deliveries to all the expecting mums (and papas forming solidarity with pot bellies). Yall are bae. Oga @justwise whatdoyoumean joor...say we don drop1, 2 or 3 nor mean say we nor still dey ke tongue tongue haha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
bigfido:

Goodluck o

Bwaaaahahahhaha , kikikikii, ayaf diiiiieeeeee cheesy cheesy cheesy

What did i ever do to you Water dey comot for my eyes:, you "winkend" cheesy

Next time, please put *warning, this post is capable of curing any depression & making person laugh like person wey hin enemy fall inside gutter in front of hin crush* cheesy

@ Justwise ,

Keep up the good work, can't be easy managing the hormones & occassional cray on this thread... Thumbs up...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chicagobound: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
nefertitiram:

Hallossss! Hwz ur LO?

*waving from afar*

Very well thank you, you and urs? Eku scarcity. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
bigfido:

Goodluck o

Bigfidoooooo. You just made my night with this advice.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iwanawana: 11:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
GucciOluwa:
Marking present too o. Mbuk if anyone sees cheap ticket to atlanta let me know. I will still travel in summer maybe my baby(ies) want to be "MADE IN USA" wink. Atlanta mums that need nannies can book me o. Happy new month everyone!

Happy to see ur mood is lightened up you can even crack jokes. Its well with you and your family. Your BIG miracle is on d way. smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 3:52am On Apr 03, 2016
Anytime i meet a new mama i be like are u on nairaland.....like to be is a big something and if u are not you are missing something huge lol!....well it is, i act like it is....this thread has been so helpful..

Thanks to everyone who made it informative, educative and entertaining.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Theodora(f): 7:57am On Apr 03, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone that responded to my question earlier in Part 3.
I would also like to say that my journey to the USA was a breeze. I arrived Apr 1 and despite my obvious belly I was only asked 2 questions

Officer at POE :Why are you visiting the US.

Me: For my vacation

Officer at POE: What do you do?

Me: HR manager at bla bla ......

Officer at POE: ok welcome .Stamps me in for 6months and wishes me good luck.
They didn't check my bag or anything..

I went in through Houston.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 8:47am On Apr 03, 2016
Theodora:
Hello Everyone,

I would also like to say that my journey to the USA was a breeze. I arrived Apr 1 and despite my obvious belly I was only asked 2 questions

Thank you

There was no reason telling him lies. You are obviously pregnant and intend to give birth in the USA. You should have said the truth in my own opinion. Let's stop giving Nigeria a bad name please.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2016
Theodora:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you
are you there to give birth already? If yes why didn't you just tell him that.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by GucciOluwa: 9:09am On Apr 03, 2016
Iwanawana:

Happy to see ur mood is lightened up you can even crack jokes. Its well with you and your family. Your BIG miracle is on d way. smiley

Amen sis. Thank you for your prayers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2016
Childbirth u meant? Or u still coming back to Naija?

Theodora:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 03, 2016
Part 4...Present!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.