Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897525 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
fitmaama2:
Hi Everyone,

My very first post here and i am very glad i found this thread 2 weeks ago.

Texas?
More than half of the people here gave birth in Texas,for example Houston ,Dallas, Elpaso
I think you have to ask your friend that will be hosting you where exactly she's staying in Texas and not just what state she's in.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
fitmaama2:
Hi Everyone,

My very first post here and i am very glad i found this thread 2 weeks ago. Actually i am totally new to NL and have been reading as a Guest for those 2 weeks now...at every spare time i have.
I have used the past 2 weeks of stumbling on this thread to read through old post to enable me familiarize myself with how things are done. I must say pple have put in alot of work to give we "novice" mums/dads a wealth of information for FREE.... was so surprised cos i tot Nigerians never share stuff like this.

A little bit about me.

this is my 2nd missionary journey but d very 1st we are considering in the US
I used to consider myself super sharp at things like this but after reading transcripts from pple i realized i cant do this on my own lol
I have filled the interview forms for my hubby and i and interview is scheduled for the 2nd of May
I would be 21 weeks by then and showing of course so i plan to say at the interview that i would be going for vacation and to go and birth
Would be staying with my friend in Texas
My hubby and I are working and have some money saved and would be showing all those details at the interview
...........i believe this is a summary

My question;
i am currently searching for a good hospital in Texas. Has anyone given birth in Texas? i have been going through the thread but i am yet to find any Texas(maybe i missed it).
As advised by @Tvegas and other pple in the thread, i need to get a good hospital that would understand the need of a self paying patient from Nigeria and with a doctor we can relate with well well.

I dont want to bombard all questions at once so i plan to be very active asking questions and sharing my birth diary as i update it for others to learn from....

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this

Cc @justWise

the add for Texas Childbirth is on this on every page of this forum.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
@fitmaama2
Texas is very big,you need to know where(city) in texas u are heading,you probably have seen much talk about Houston (thats a part of Texas).When you know your city ,you'll know how to continue with your research

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
Waow thanks to all who responded. I appreciate a great deal.

let me narrow down my search- i would be staying at McKinney in Texas. Cos it my first time EVER going to the USA, i am not very conversant with these areas....

.....pls dont tell me to just google it lol cos i am doing dat as we speak now too.... was only hoping for a direct referral if any....

Thanks in advance to you all. God bless u real good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
fitmaama2:
Waow thanks to all who responded. I appreciate a great deal.

let me narrow down my search- i would be staying at McKinney in Texas. Cos it my first time EVER going to the USA, i am not very conversant with these areas....

.....pls dont tell me to just google it lol cos i am doing dat as we speak now too.... was only hoping for a direct referral if any....

Thanks in advance to you all. God bless u real good.

Hi so if your staying at McKinney that is Dallas Texas look at medical city, parkland, Methodist dey sre so many others. Am currently using medical city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
CassyO:

Hi so if your staying at McKinney that is Dallas Texas look at medical city, parkland, Methodist dey sre so many others. Am currently using medical city.

Thanks so much ma'am. Lemme check them out. Can u recommend Medical City from your experience so far?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
fitmaama2:

Thanks so much ma'am. Lemme check them out. Can u recommend Medical City from your experience so far?

While medical city is very good and the doctors and nurses have been very good to me. The price is a bit high tho but generally from my research Dallas is more expensive compared to Houston. Doctors fee- 2500 with a 20% discount
V- 4300 CS - 5300 ep- 1300. But am sure u can get cheaper from other hospitals difference won't be much but just check. Go to google and type hospitals around mck Dallas that would also help call them and they'll them you want to find out fees for having s baby and you will be paying cash. Mind you hospital fee and doctors fee are different.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
Please I need sample of budget sheet. my interview is tomorrow. lfdeliver@gmail.com so that i can quickly get it done and print.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
fitmaama2:
Hi Everyone,

My very first post here and i am very glad i found this thread 2 weeks ago. Actually i am totally new to NL and have been reading as a Guest for those 2 weeks now...at every spare time i have.
I have used the past 2 weeks of stumbling on this thread to read through old post to enable me familiarize myself with how things are done. I must say pple have put in alot of work to give we "novice" mums/dads a wealth of information for FREE.... was so surprised cos i tot Nigerians never share stuff like this.

A little bit about me.

this is my 2nd missionary journey but d very 1st we are considering in the US
I used to consider myself super sharp at things like this but after reading transcripts from pple i realized i cant do this on my own lol
I have filled the interview forms for my hubby and i and interview is scheduled for the 2nd of May
I would be 21 weeks by then and showing of course so i plan to say at the interview that i would be going for vacation and to go and birth
Would be staying with my friend in Texas
My hubby and I are working and have some money saved and would be showing all those details at the interview
...........i believe this is a summary

My question;
i am currently searching for a good hospital in Texas. Has anyone given birth in Texas? i have been going through the thread but i am yet to find any Texas(maybe i missed it).
As advised by @Tvegas and other pple in the thread, i need to get a good hospital that would understand the need of a self paying patient from Nigeria and with a doctor we can relate with well well.

I dont want to bombard all questions at once so i plan to be very active asking questions and sharing my birth diary as i update it for others to learn from....

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this

Cc @justWise

Maybe u were doing selective reading, texas has been well dealt with. I think these are hosp in texas (Oakbend, Women's hosp, texas Presbyterian, doctoresparati and co).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
jet2biz:
Please I need sample of budget sheet. my interview is tomorrow. lfdeliver@gmail.com so that i can quickly get it done and print.

Use the search button and type budget sheet. Under sections select travel.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
I saw two but very blunt and not readable. IF any one has it, please email please.

kemmytino:

Use the search button and type budget sheet. Under sections select travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
jet2biz:

Page 105 PART 1

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
blaize777:

waow great testimony.i am so glad for u and i pray i come give same soon IJN, Amen

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
jet2biz:
Sent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
jet2biz:

Sent but d mail bounced back send d right email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tippex(f): 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cfcchick: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
anonymousmum:
Hmm guys let's be careful with this scanning receipts to embassy. Because one person was asked to do it does not mean it applies to everyone.

Also it may backfire, what about people that for some reason or the other have to use a payment plan (twins, complicated births, NICU bills) and don't have complete set of receipts yet?

Very soon it will now become a condition to renewal of visa post birth. Let's not create a precedent and turn it into something similar to the letter of intent.

Just hold your receipts when you travel (in fact gum it to your passport if you have to, lol).

In any case even if you send it to the embassy, you will still hold it when you travel.

These are just my thoughts.

Sorry that I have to quote this long post, but I totally agree with you let's not over do things.if they need your receipt they will ask for it no need being forward and create unnecessary problems for people behind you.at the moment I'm in America, had my two kids here and this is my 4th trip I have never been asked to show my receipt...so mamas chill don't let's complicate things by being forward ...Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
It depends on your situation. I want to assume the baby's father is alive. You may put 'unknown' as fathers name when filling the forms for the birth certificate certificate after delivery. Then you would not need consent. You may also enquire more by calling the Vital Statistics (not sure i got their name right) to ask how to go about not naming a father. If the father is deceased, then you fill 'deceased"

ijeomaobi1:
Hello all,
Thanks to all mamas and papas in the house. I've been following 3 threads but ended up with this. TTC thread & traveling to Canada.

Tot of using Houston direct,but the stories na wa. My visa application has California then Houston.should I still go throught that route? Am worried about the cost as I want to go with my mum.
The question I had for mum's visa has been answered. I've started the passport,hopefully will book interview date this month.

Am a single mum and I've seen post on baby papers needs both parent consent.what do I do in this situation?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thanks @ happytbaby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifyalways(f): 4:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
My girl's interview yesterday was a breeze. Visa was granted. She was interviewed by a guy and the first question was :

"Why do you want to have your child in US?"
Ans: I want to have access to better healthcare considering my first child died here a few weeks after birth due to . . .
VO cuts in
"You lost your first child? I'm so sorry to hear that. It must have been a terrible moment for you and your husband. I wish you safe delivery in US and come back for your visa in 3 days time".

Must be God. I cant wait to see my newest grandchild. kiss kiss kiss kiss
I already paid doctors fee, etc with El Paso but likely gonna port to somewhere else. Thanks to everyone.
CC Phema. Thanks dear. kiss

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbaby123(f): 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wow.
It wasn't easy reading through, the speed at which I was reading just to catch up with part 4 run, even my driving limit no reach am, to think am still single neither am I preggers grin grin
Nice to be back here though
Justwise I hail o cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thumbs up. In the olden days, whenever a newbie came on board we would tell him or her to start reading and jotting. Anywtime somebody asked a question people would just respond with page numbers. It was like people were studying for an exam.

herrik066:

Page 105 PART 1

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Congratulations.

If i may ask; why are you porting up and down please? Doctoresparati has served its purpose? If we continue doing this, they agency might decide to charge a hefty fee for refunds and this will be injurious to people with serious reasons for refund.

Just a thought....

ifyalways:
My girl's interview yesterday was a breeze. Visa was granted. She was interviewed by a guy and the first question was :

"Why do you want to have your child in US?"
Ans: I want to have access to better healthcare considering my first child died here a few weeks after birth due to . . .
VO cuts in
"You lost your first child? I'm so sorry to hear that. It must have been a terrible moment for you and your husband. I wish you safe delivery in US and come back for your visa in 3 days time".

Must be God. I cant wait to see my newest grandchild. kiss kiss kiss kiss
I already paid doctors fee, etc with El Paso but likely gonna port to somewhere else. Thanks to everyone.
CC Phema. Thanks dear. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifyalways(f): 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
happytbaby:

Congratulations.

If i may ask; why are you porting up and down please? Doctoresparati has served its purpose? If we continue doing this, they agency might decide to charge a hefty fee for refunds and this will be injurious to people with serious reasons for refund.

Just a thought....

Personal reasons.
Esparati ALREADY charged me about $250 for letter and regis so I wonder why you think my porting or not will make them decide bla bla bla

Again, I will be losing another $390 after refunds too so how is that bad business for them ?

PS: Refund from hospital bill = less $250
Refund from Doctors bill = less $145

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sayoberry(f): 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ghen ghen.... Part 4 already. Una no dey miss person for here o sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
sayoberry:
Ghen ghen.... Part 4 already. Una no dey miss person for here o sad

Sayoberry!!! I dey hail o..how the twins?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
Good evening,mummies n daddies. I have read thru from Page 1-4, hence need assistance. Pls I need an hospital in Houston that does VBAC. I opted for Houston so that i don't v too many connecting flights as ds is my 1st time n I'm going wt my toddler. Saw some hsptls dat were stated n when I got in touch they said, they don't. Pls kindly assist.
Thanks all for the info posted so far, it really helped me. God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Theodora(f): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
@Nogen

Why would you say I lied?

I was advised on this thread to first go on a vacation since that was the primary purpose of the visa in the first place. And for me to go back in June when I was close to my delivery.

It is obvious you are a very judgemental person who thinks everybody goes around giving the country a bad name.

I only updated because, the officer never even noticed my pregnancy despite my fears that I may be "grilled".

I can see your halo from afar.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
Theodora:
@Nogen

Why would you say I lied?

I was advised on this thread to first go on a vacation since that was the primary purpose of the visa in the first place. And for me to go back in June when I was close to my delivery.

It is obvious you are a very judgemental person who thinks everybody goes around giving the country a bad name.

I only updated because, the officer never even noticed my pregnancy despite my fears that I may be "grilled".

I can see your halo from afar.

If that is the case, I am sorry. I don't judge people but I strongly believe in saying the truth at all times. Once again, I am sorry.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
Abeg who knows list of shopping mall in Houston way no cost ooo very affordable ones for my baby stuff cloth etc and my self and hubi too .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
My email is LFDELIVER@GMAIL.COM

the first word is L

Thanks

blaize777:

Sent but d mail bounced back send d right email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ok, will give them a call tomorrow, travel date is still next month though. Thanks

afolakemi:

You need to contact the branch where you applied or call the ombudsman number (01-2260450). It shouldn’t take 3 weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.