Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:32 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (891999 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 9:15am On May 09, 2016
njidekachi:
dear kindly share accommodation and cost details biko, have pm u

I replied your pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 9:36am On May 09, 2016
Cc: everyone mailing me about accommodation.
I can't reply one by one because am nursing twins abeg.
I got the accommodation via www.airbnb.co.in.
6 mins to Dr office
15 mins to the hospital
Close to lots of shops:Target,Costco,99cents,Food 4 less, etc
Feeding:lots of eateries at walkable distance.later discovered an African restaurant but didn't go there cos we cook our meals.
Stayed a month in a 1bed1bath apartment with my mum,no sharing with no oneelse,all amenities necessary provided for cooking,laundry,etc.Cost $1900.
Moved to a 2bed1bath when hubby and older kids came.same host.cost $2500.
Note:1)preggie with mum/hubby and toddler can stay conveniently in the 1 bedroom apartment because she placed 3 beds in the room.
2)2 preggies with 1 of hubby/mum/toddler can share the 2bed1bath.you can combine but won't be comfortable.
Cheers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shawlar(m): 10:30am On May 09, 2016
Hi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 11:29am On May 09, 2016
pls i didn't get ur pm, i even check spam mail self. kindly resend abeg no vex.

Bisoye82:

I replied your pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 2:05pm On May 09, 2016
ai100:
Hello cutie 33. Please which doctor do you intend using and have u made any payment.

@ai100, good day. Dr. Valisia Andrews, she does not accept wire transfer so u can only pay when you get there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 2:47pm On May 09, 2016
happytbaby:

Babes,

You be strong woman o, you still dey go another missionary journey after triplets! I don't know their gender though but your husband too na strong man as school fee is not smiling.

Anyway, may God grant you your heart's desires.

My sister, I'm not planning but I'm still open to it. If it comes, I will gladly accept it. Wetin I take eyes see for being mum in waiting , I no mind one more.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:39pm On May 09, 2016
Nogen:

My sister, I'm not planning but I'm still open to it. If it comes, I will gladly accept it. Wetin I take eyes see for being barren , I no mind one more.

*strolling by*

I talk am! You be super woman! Even this my one baby, I have contract with God that na 2018 b4 he sends another baby!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 4:44pm On May 09, 2016
Nne,
You were not barren.
You were a mom in waiting, getting nuggets to be used in encouraging Other moms waiting.

I'm sure if you met a woman in that situation you will do a better job of encouraging her than the usual "I'm praying for you" and "don't worry God will do it" that the uninitiated may use to encourage them...

Nogen:

My sister, I'm not planning but I'm still open to it. If it comes, I will gladly accept it. Wetin I take eyes see for being barren , I no mind one more.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damidamsel: 5:32pm On May 09, 2016
Obikada:

Thank you @damidamsel for your response and congrats on the birth of your baby smiley

From what I can gather, using Crozer chester medical center may serve me better as I can get a doctor's correspondence compared to DCHM.

Please can you send me the contact details of the Obstetrician you used so I make further enquiries and a copy of your intent letter to the embassy if possible (I have a sample already but won't mind having yours aswell)

Also, I have family in Philly, is it possible they could source the obstetrician for me?

Also when you say "burden of proof", what did yours contain so I can have mine handy. I will be going direct to Philadelphia and not Atl POE. I pray a seamless experience. My first time wasn't stressful at all and I travelled with my husband.

Look forward to your response.

Sorry 4 my late response....being a FTM, trying so hard to adjust to motherhood life and baby dictates. Lol. Got your email, will respond before EOD
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 6:31pm On May 09, 2016
nefertitiram:

*strolling by*

I talk am! You be super woman! Even this my one baby, I have contract with God that na 2018 b4 he sends another baby!

Hahaha haha Nerf Nerf! Na you talk am o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 6:32pm On May 09, 2016
Nnystc:
Nne,
You were not barren.
You were a mom in waiting, getting nuggets to be used in encouraging Other moms waiting.

I'm sure if you met a woman in that situation you will do a better job of encouraging her than the usual "I'm praying for you" and "don't worry God will do it" that the uninitiated may use to encourage them...

You are right. I was a mom in waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 6:44pm On May 09, 2016
Now I get you. You deserve 6 sef. Please don't use the word 'barren', you were never barren. God was just bidding his time.

Take care of our triplets.

Nogen:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by scorror: 6:56pm On May 09, 2016
[quote author=Abefeokin post=45449133]Hello everyone! E ku ijo mewa o! Na the twins and my toddler never make me come share my BS(the vigilante is reaaal!) Pls To those that gave birth in Dallas pls does the notary consent have to be signed by a notary public in US or can it just be signed in Naija? It's URGENT pls
Cc MiddyO
Cc Apple19
Cc Olokings
Cc Everyone
Thanks[/quote The notary consent letter can be signed in naija at the US embassy. That's what I did for my wife when she gave birth in Houston. Your hubby can then send the docs to you by courier.]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 7:34pm On May 09, 2016
ebiv:
Hi dear, pls I want to ask you abt this emirates pole... Am also using them from abj to Houston with my 21 months toodler... Pls did you buy a seat for your child and what kind of food did tbey serve to him esp on d Dubai- Houston flight cos it's really long... Thanks dear. quote author=prolify post=45352611]Finally!!!!ahn ahn...it's hard to kip up with part 4,Anyhooo....
In the spirit of giving back grin grin grin (I've always wanted to say this)
Travelled via emirates on the 29th with my 14 month old,the journey combined is about 24+ hours(preggies beware!!!)
Fast Forward to houston POE
CBP-What are u here for?
Me-Vacation
CBP-How long would you be here for?
Me-2 months +some
CBP-When was the last time you were in d U.S?and how long did you stay?
Me-Last year and 5months
CBP-What did you come for?
Me-Came to have my baby
CBP Stamps me in and says have a nice day
Me-Thanks and have a great day
No secondary inspection but had to go to agriculture cos of the orishirishi my mum packed for my sister.
In my experience Emirates is a fantastic airline but the downside is the flight is too loonnnggg especially if you are traveling with a toddler,the stress was a bit too much for both of us.the upside is that I was given a meal voucher and I got to choose whatever restaurant I wanted to eat at,lo was given alot of toys however he was a tad bit too restless to play with them,the 4hours transit went by fast.
That's about what happened people.
Thanks to all the selfless people on this thread,God would respond to your prayers swiftly and you would reap a bountiful harvest when you least expect.AMEN!!!

Sorry for the late response,i didn't buy a seat for him,he was on my lap through out and it was a full flight,i was given a fruit cup(banana),and extra slice of pizza but my lo didn't eat it,however he seemed to eat a bit of my mashed potatoes and I took a few snacks aswell.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 7:51pm On May 09, 2016
Abefeokin:
Hello everyone! E ku ijo mewa o! Na the twins and my toddler never make me come share my BS(the vigilante is reaaal!) Pls To those that gave birth in Dallas pls does the notary consent have to be signed by a notary public in US or can it just be signed in Naija? It's URGENT pls
Cc MiddyO
Cc Apple19
Cc Olokings
Cc Everyone

Thanks

Your hubby should take it to be signed by the notary public at the US embassy in naija, and send it by courier to you. I even sent a mail to the passport agency to confirm this and that was their reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 7:57pm On May 09, 2016
Nef!
Careful with contracting oh!
That "contract with God" thingy showed me nwii!

I had baby at the start of 2010 and contracted with Baba God to give me 2 years, azzin so that baby will come in 2012 abi?

Guess when the next baby landed? Mid 2015... 5 years of agony!

I developed a deep respect for moms in waiting sha!... I was in pain chai! And i already had a boy and girl oh! I just wanted more. I could better imagine and appreciate all the battles that those who didnt have any were having to fight!

I think i went through a phase!

Then it clicked and i realised that God had not let me down in any way, and that He had been good to me (2 kids already, boy and girl)! That was when the seige was broken.

I'm a grateful woman!!!

nefertitiram:

*strolling by*

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:12pm On May 09, 2016
Nnystc:
Nef!

I had baby at the start of 2010 and contracted with Baba God to give me 2 years, azzin so that baby will come in 2012 abi?

I developed a deep respect for moms in waiting sha!... I was in pain chai! And i already had a boy and girl oh! I just wanted more. I could better imagine and appreciate all the battles that those who didnt have any were having to fight!

Then it clicked and i realised that God had not let me down in any way, and that He had been good to me (2 kids already, boy and girl)! That was when the seige was broken.

I'm a grateful woman!!!

Me and God know as we de do our things. 2018 remains 2018! Abi make I give you His phone number? :'D

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 8:15pm On May 09, 2016
Hello everyone,
I read on the Nigerian embassy website that a notarized consent letter (from the hubby ) is needed if
Hubby does not come for the delivery. Please can anyone give me a draft of what the letter should look like ......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 8:23pm On May 09, 2016
cutelass:
Guess I've rested enough. Here's my story. About 10 days before my travel date, swelling on my legs which had always been minimal increased so much. Even after raising the legs up at night, the moment my feet touches ground in the morning the swelling returns. 3 days before my travel, I used the home bp monitor to check my bp and it was ranging btw 140/80 and 145/85. I immediately drove to hospital. Nurse on duty checked with the manual bp monitor and another young dr checked and it was still high. They had to call my consultant. He ordered they check my urine for protein and nothing came up...he eventually came himself, checked the bp and said it was normal.

3 days later I travelled with Lufthansa on a united ticket at 34 weeks + some days. Requested for wheelchair and they said since I brought fit to fly I can't use wheel chair. I was shocked cos several pple here have used wheelchair. They agreed to book for my mum cos of her arthritis yet we didn't see any wheelchair neither at Frankfurt nor LAX. We flew to Frankfurt and had a 4 hrs layover b4 we flew to LAX. All the while, my mum was so worried about the swelling.

POE was a breeze.
Cbp: what are you here for?
Me: childbirth
Cbp: ok. How long are u here for?
Me: 2 months
Cbp: sorry, what did u say u are here for again?
Me: childbirth, delivery, to have my baby (lol...that's d type of confidence saying the truth at the embassy gives u)
Took our finger prints and stamps us in for 6 months.

We went to agriculture...the officer was busy shouting to the guy scanning the bags...Nigeria, Nigeria, lol...our bags were scanned but we weren't asked to open it.

When we got to my aunty's house...the legs had tripled in size and she insisted I see the dr immediately ( my appt wasn't till another 4 days). We called his office and luckily he was still around...said they close at 5pm. It was already 4pm...so without eating or anything...they drove us to the dr office. My relations went in to greet him (they had known him for a long time) I had no idea, while I filled out the forms. When I saw the dr, my bp had shot up to 159/100. He told me point blank to head straight to the hospital as I had developed pre-eclampsia and baby had to be induced immediately. He said the financial dept would have closed for the day and they don't open weekends...so we had only the next day to pay and sign the contract...cos if I deliver without signing it...I would be left with a bill of over $40k. Got to the hospital and was admitted. Was placed on magnesium IV to prevent seizure...while they ran tests...the same ones I would have done with the doctor's office.

Next day my mum sorted the bills...while they brought the papers for me to fill...despite the induction starting Thursday night...i didn't deliver till almost mid day Saturday...cervix no gree dilate till...was almost heading to OR for c-section b4 LO came forth...I hadn't eaten in almost 48 hrs...day said no food, no water...was just allowed to chew ice...where the strength to push came from...I don't know.

The main testimony is that LO didn't need to go to NICU...was almost peeing in my pant when the thought of it came to my mind...cos of bills...she was just in the nursery...they did hearing test...checked for jaundice...was later discharged. LO is 3 weeks old currently.

Used st Francis medical center and dr. Mb---u. Hospital bill $2700 for vag. Delivery (includes paediatrician, epidural (the thing wore off towards the actual delivery). Stayed an extra day which cost $900 (covers both me and baby). Hospital gives free stroller. I've gotten zero balance.

Dr fees had always been 1500 and 2500 for vag and csection respectively. When I got here...saw it was now 1000 and 1300...was told the dr considered the current economic situation in Nigeria and decided to slash his self-pay fees. Hmmm...Angels still dey dis earth Shaa.

Since baby came early, wanted to shift my date but United wants an arm and a leg just to change date...I'm chilling (mum is here with me, hubby is coming, wonderful host...no need to run home)
Your story is a testimony!!!!so happy for you dear,God bless your lo.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:55pm On May 09, 2016
Ah... I get Him private number oh...
We even get our secret place sef...
Only say that time He do me wetin i dey do my "shudrens".

Funny enough, i hang boot after last baby. And even with the closed shop, he just carry anoda one chuck am in there... Azzin, you want pickin abi? Oya carry anoda one...
Amazing true story...

As ya contract dey water tight na im good oh!
Blessings! cheesy

nefertitiram:

Me and God know as we de do our things. 2018 remains 2018! Abi make I give you His phone number? :'D

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 9:31pm On May 09, 2016
adycatus:
Baby arrived 7.35am on 7th of May, thank God for a safe VD at Abrazo west valley hospital Arizona.Baby and Mama doing good.

Congratulations!!!Its raining babies grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 11:04pm On May 09, 2016
Nnystc:
Nef!

I'm a grateful woman!!!

This is exactly what am going through right now, We had a boy 2010 and a girl in 2012.but we decide to wait a little bit and since then uptil now no show, the thing just tire me and my wife. But God dey. She has a US Visa since 2014 and she traveled in 2014 and in 2015 with our kids but not for child birth. Sometimes its just frustrating for me because am not living in Nig. because i still have to come back to do the Job,but sometimes she comes over to Europe with my kids when they have Holiday until they refuse her European Visa last year November for no reason. I was home last Xmass but no show,and am planning to go again next month hoping that God will answer our Prayer this time around because i really need this US dream Child.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 11:57pm On May 09, 2016
Hello wonderful mums and daddy's and Mums to be., thank God for testimonies in this forum, i will share my own in due time in Jesus name.
Am currently in Australia schooling with my toddler of 3 years, am not in Nigeria, only hubby is in Nigeria.
Having our baby in US has been our dream and we plan toward that. I will be going for my visa interview next week, and want to know any mum that delivered in Elpaso, the experience and how the journey was.

We are considering Houston Texas or Elpaso, please i need advice in respect to the two cities and also if anybody can help me with doctors contact details( Cheap and considerate doctors o grin) i will really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 12:19am On May 10, 2016
[quote author=scorror post=45467527][/quote]

Please how can one get the notory signed at the embassy in Nigeria do u have to book an appointment please anyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 12:23am On May 10, 2016
@=merrymum please how can one get to the us embassy in Nigeria to get the notary letter signed. Do u need an appointment or u can just go there and ask for it. US embassy can be very annoying please I need your advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 1:05am On May 10, 2016
CassyO:
@=merrymum please how can one get to the us embassy in Nigeria to get the notary letter signed. Do u need an appointment or u can just go there and ask for it. US embassy can be very annoying please I need your advice

Must embassy do it. A lawyer (they have particlar lawyers dat do it though)can also do it dats how my cousin did hers except is a recent law.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Veka: 1:39am On May 10, 2016
i don show o.
got into Houston on the 5th, the flight would have been perfect but for the seat i got on the Frankfurt-Houston leg. i felt battered at the end of the journey, Houston POE wasn't so bad except for the 2 hr wait before secondary inspection. the cbp just wanted to see dr's correspondence and evidence that i could pay. she counted the money and then asked me to go check to make sure the money isnt fake cause about $1500 was marked with 3 different markings. so they had to check. she asked me to make sure i get an itemized receipt and to upload to drop box when i renewed my visa. in all spent about 15 minutes with her then i was done. no agriculture cos i no carry food. been sleeping since i got in. the weariness is like nothing i have ever felt before. LOL. meanwhile i went for my first appointment today. i swear the passport is the bonus for this entire waka. see service na. this is what i paid for. nobody to strong face or shout for me.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 2:52am On May 10, 2016
Veka:
i don show o.
got into Houston on the 5th, the flight would have been perfect but for the seat i got on the Frankfurt-Houston leg. i felt battered at the end of the journey, Houston POE wasn't so bad except for the 2 hr wait before secondary inspection. the cbp just wanted to see dr's correspondence and evidence that i could pay. she counted the money and then asked me to go check to make sure the money isnt fake cause about $1500 was marked with 3 different markings. so they had to check. she asked me to make sure i get an itemized receipt and to upload to drop box when i renewed my visa. in all spent about 15 minutes with her then i was done. no agriculture cos i no carry food. been sleeping since i got in. the weariness is like nothing i have ever felt before. LOL. meanwhile i went for my first appointment today. i swear the passport is the bonus for this entire waka. see service na. this is what i paid for. nobody to strong face or shout for me.

Congrats on your POE. we are all here together. i'm using Oakbend as well but using Dr E.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 4:08am On May 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jojoba256: 5:59am On May 10, 2016
Hi guys,

Im in houston right now and needed some info. about uber which I cant find online. Ive downloaded the app, but the only mode of payment is either credit card or paypal/google wallet.

Cant I get an uber ride with cash ??

Thanx in anticipation smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 6:04am On May 10, 2016
Jojoba256:
Hi guys,

Im in houston right now and needed some info. about uber which I cant find online. Ive downloaded the app, but the only mode of payment is either credit card or paypal/google wallet.

Cant I get an uber ride with cash ??

Thanx in anticipation smiley

u can use ur naija debit card for payments
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 6:38am On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

That's why me too I'm asking. VA when ttheir serere plenty.

#

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (405)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.