Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897698 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:16am On May 10, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:16am On May 10, 2016
Momo13:

Try Inova Fairfax hospital.. They have a self pay package. Service is excellent I hear
True? God bless! Fairfax is like 20 mins away from my auntie's house. Oya comot the post mbk before 'they' spoil it for me before I reach there cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Varvara: 8:28am On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

True? God bless! Fairfax is like 20 mins away from my auntie's house. Oya comot the post mbk before 'they' spoil it for me before I reach there cheesy cheesy

When you will know the price for package , share it with us please smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 8:38am On May 10, 2016
It will delight you if you read up. all of your questions have been answered. Read Part 2

Hubbysluv:
Hello wonderful mums and daddy's and Mums to be., thank God for testimonies in this forum, i will share my own in due time in Jesus name.
Am currently in Australia schooling with my toddler of 3 years, am not in Nigeria, only hubby is in Nigeria.
Having our baby in US has been our dream and we plan toward that. I will be going for my visa interview next week, and want to know any mum that delivered in Elpaso, the experience and how the journey was.

We are considering Houston Texas or Elpaso, please i need advice in respect to the two cities and also if anybody can help me with doctors contact details( Cheap and considerate doctors o grin) i will really appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 8:51am On May 10, 2016
Varvara:

That's great! Congratulations! Is it Los Angeles?
How did you get your correspond letter? Through Hospital or Dr?
Could you explain more with detail about contract before delivery?
Thank you a lot.
Relax and sleep more
Yes it's Los Angeles.
You get it through the Dr office when you call.
You can only sign the contract after your first Dr appointment where you will be given some paperwork,thereafter you head to the hospital to pay and sign the self pay contract.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Varvara: 9:21am On May 10, 2016
Bisoye82:

Yes it's Los Angeles.
You get it through the Dr office when you call.
You can only sign the contract after your first Dr appointment where you will be given some paperwork,thereafter you head to the hospital to pay and sign the self pay contract.

Thank you a lot. I called yesterday already in hospital, they told the same price 2700 usd and gave me few doctors. But then when I was checking Dr. M I found that he is affiliated with another hospital. Anyway, I will call all list of doctors smiley

To be honest, you made my trip! I was doubting in everything and after your big comment I just relaxed with final decision kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 9:30am On May 10, 2016
Mehn,this Cali stuff is so tempting seriously,am considering it but accommodation is the only snag there.I will be due late September/early October.am looking for somebody I can share apartment with a beg.
@Lady G,NNE I dey see your selfless efforts here,God bless you Nwanyi Oma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:41am On May 10, 2016
veleta:
Mehn,this Cali stuff is so tempting seriously,am considering it but accommodation is the only snag there.I will be due late September/early October.am looking for somebody I can share apartment with a beg.
@Lady G,NNE I dey see your selfless efforts here,God bless you Nwanyi Oma
Lol! You are wakaring all the threads werr well! Daalu sooo! So na porting everybody wan port abi?
If only naira exchange rate will also co operate !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 9:45am On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

LOL.. I thought about it immediately after I posted! Me sef never reach there, I share your sentiments grin not another word about it lipsrsealed I don't know how to 'comot' post o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 10:58am On May 10, 2016
Please has any previous MIHS mum had issues with visa renewal or not allowed entry into the US by immigration stating that the cost for the maternity package was discounted by the government hence they made use of government funds.

And how were you able to resolve it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:00am On May 10, 2016
Momo13:

LOL.. I thought about it immediately after I posted! Me sef never reach there, I share your sentiments grin not another word about it lipsrsealed I don't know how to 'comot' post o!
When you sign in
Go to your profile
Go to your post
When you get to the post look for the 'Modify' button
Then delete all the words you want removed and replace them with a . Or any symbol or just a letter.
Click on submit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Varvara: 11:15am On May 10, 2016
mismarshal:
Please has any previous MIHS mum had issues with visa renewal or not allowed entry into the US by immigration stating that the cost for the maternity package was discounted by the government hence they made use of government funds.

What happened? I will travel in August and I will bring with me my zero balance from MIHS. I hope I won't have any issue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 11:46am On May 10, 2016
CassyO:
@=merrymum please how can one get to the us embassy in Nigeria to get the notary letter signed. Do u need an appointment or u can just go there and ask for it. US embassy can be very annoying please I need your advice

Hi. No need for appointment. He just needs to print the form and take it there. He should be there on time sha and ask for American Citizens Services section. My DH didn't spend up to 30mins there sef.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sylolo(m): 11:50am On May 10, 2016
@Omodaraju, I have sent you a personal message. I am interested....please contact me asap as I am currently in Houston. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 12:16pm On May 10, 2016
A friend was sent back at the POE last week despite having zero balance from MIHS for those reasons.

Varvara:

What happened? I will travel in August and I will bring with me my zero balance from MIHS. I hope I won't have any issue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:31pm On May 10, 2016
salsera:

When you sign in
Go to your profile
Go to your post
When you get to the post look for the 'Modify' button
Then delete all the words you want removed and replace them with a . Or any symbol or just a letter.
Click on submit.
Ha ha! Salsera! Be like u de eye this my area too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebiv: 12:33pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks for your response... I just have plenty questions..
- Was it just d fruit cup and pizza they offered to him for throughout the journey? Or did they give him his own kids meal?if yes plsw what kind of food?
- Also the meal voucher is it for everyone who

Sorry for the late response,i didn't buy a seat for him,he was on my lap through out and it was a full flight,i was given a fruit cup(banana),and extra slice of pizza but my lo didn't eat it,however he seemed to eat a bit of my mashed potatoes and I took a few snacks aswell.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nita2013: 12:34pm On May 10, 2016
Wow...... This is d 2nd person i av read about so far though. Pls what POE was she sent back from?

quote author=mismarshal post=45488059]A friend was sent back at the POE last week despite having zero balance from MIHS for those reasons.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 12:40pm On May 10, 2016
Yes, Madamu also had issues renewing her visa. Look up her post from last week I think.

mismarshal:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebiv: 12:41pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks for your response.. pls I need to ask
- was it just pizza and fruit cup they gave him on both legs of the journey? Or did they give him his own kids meal? If yes pls what was on the menu grin
-Also concerning the meal voucher, was it for everyone who had waiting time?cos I have 4 hrs wait before d Houston flight... Sorry for the plenty questionsi s just tht my son is a handful I dnt know wat food to pack tht won't spoil before we reach Houston cos tht journey is long... Thanks

Sorry for the late response,i didn't buy a seat for him,he was on my lap through out and it was a full flight,i was given a fruit cup(banana),and extra slice of pizza but my lo didn't eat it,however he seemed to eat a bit of my mashed potatoes and I took a few snacks aswell.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ha ha! Salsera! Be like u de eye this my area too cheesy
I dey munch am for my future twins..i dey follow you oh wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 12:53pm On May 10, 2016
mismarshal:
A friend was sent back at the POE last week despite having zero balance from MIHS for those reasons.

wow why was she turned back?this is very scary
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 12:54pm On May 10, 2016
I dey laugh o!
Porting galore...

LadyGuinivere:

Lol! You are wakaring all the threads werr well! Daalu sooo! So na porting everybody wan port abi?
If only naira exchange rate will also co operate !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 2:16pm On May 10, 2016
mismarshal:

Nawao,may be because the price is cheap. But how is it the problem of mothers that delivered their little ones at MIHS. The CBP officers supposed to contact MIHS to know that it was a discount package for self pay patients.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hopefulme: 2:26pm On May 10, 2016
mismarshal:

Please what POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by vivianobas: 3:09pm On May 10, 2016
Hi Mismarshal, it will interest you to know that I started this whole MIHS thing on nairaland after I delivered. I can authoritatively tell you that your friend didn't tell you the truth about why she was turned back at POE. MIHS maternity package was not subsidized by the government but was rather created for low earning citizens/immigrants. I have travelled to the US five times since my delivery and no immigration officer has requested to see my payment receipt.

I know a lot of people benefited from MIHS maternity package while it lasted and hope they will come online soon to corroborate my claim.

mismarshal:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by newmomma2be: 3:09pm On May 10, 2016
Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jumman(f): 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2015
My bills so far Hospital 3000, pediatrician 300, doctor (c section) 1371, one ante natal 179, hearing test ,blood work and new born screening 435. Still waiting for anesthesia's bill. Pls house am i suppose to get zero balancee from doctor as well cause i only got from the hospital. thank u

@Jumman, please what hospital and doctor did you use? Can you share their details please?

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nita2013: 3:16pm On May 10, 2016
All hail Vivianobas kiss a fantastic researcher

But my dear d person maybe sayin d truth ooo. Someone was sent back from Chicago POE about 4-5 days ago cos of cheap bill. Though not MIHS but another hospital that has like MIHS deal. This one no be dem say oooo. It happened live. So i guess its d cbp officer one meets.

I came in without any issh and had my 1st in MIHS too. But this poe na just Gods intervention.

quote author=vivianobas post=45492709]Hi Mismarshal, it will interest you to know that I started this whole MIHS thing on nairaland after I delivered. I can authoritatively tell you that your friend didn't tell you the truth about why she was turned back at POE. MIHS maternity package was not subsidized by the government but was rather created for low earning citizens/immigrants. I have travelled to the US five times since my delivery and no immigration officer has requested to see my payment receipt.

I know a lot of people benefited from MIHS maternity package while it lasted and hope they will come online soon to corroborate my claim.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 3:32pm On May 10, 2016
PSA

[size=16pt]If your bill is less than 15-$20k, doesn't matter which state, avoid Chicago POE, they have made themselves arbitrator of what appropriate cost for delivery in the USA is!! Use another POE.. [/size]

However, if you want to test God and your faith, please go ahead and report to the contrary, we'd appreciate it.....

P.S... I thought of holding my peace but i don't want spirits chasing me in my dreams if i hia & a nor talk..Shalom.. cool

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 3:36pm On May 10, 2016
blaize777:

Must embassy do it. A lawyer (they have particlar lawyers dat do it though)can also do it dats how my cousin did hers except is a recent law.

So it's to just go to the embassy with out appointment then.

Pls can anyone help me with a sample of the notary consent letter pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.