Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897546 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 9:25am On May 11, 2016
Nnystc:
Did you say in the loo?
Loo is good oh.

Latrine is more like it.

#Godwilldefinitelyshowmercy

Na real latrine!! cheesy One can't even do impulse shopping without second guessing first!

Na only God, purposeful leadership & some luck go fit wash and perfume am!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:32am On May 11, 2016
ladyguinivere, biko if I'm trying to fill a DS 160 form and passport refused to enter, what do i do?

thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hopefulme: 9:33am On May 11, 2016
Total bill $3,500? The bill was subsidised whether you believe it or not. You can always test your theory by going through Chicago POE when next you travel {Insert sarcasm} grin[/quote]

Hello hazytraveller,

You can apply for a new visa at either Abuja or Lagos. Make sure to bring your receipts and be ready to explain all the costs associated with your stay in the U.S. and why you changed hospitals. Just be upfront and clear with the officer and explain your new purpose of travel. We also recommend to all people going to the U.S. for birth to make sure that the hospital doesn't sign you up for public assistance - it is easier for their accounting to do it so many times they do it without telling you. You must be clear with the accounting staff that you CANNOT accept any public assistance or it will hurt your chances of getting visas in the future.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bepop: 9:34am On May 11, 2016
Please house i quickly need advise on this one. Do I need social security number of my lo to apply for passport. The portion is in the form but I think I once read i don't need it. Please how do I go about it. I want to get the passport and don't want to wait for the ssn. I will just await it in my box. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:38am On May 11, 2016
feddy27:
ladyguinivere, biko if I'm trying to fill a DS 160 form and passport refused to enter, what do i do?

thanks in advance
1. Crop the pix so it can pass the recommended size or
2. Upload any nonsense pix for egs pix of a tree. It will reject it and then give u the option to proceed without passport.

My local way of cropping.
Send the pix via email from my blackberry to maself. Choose the medium or small option. You'l see the size under
The pix now comes to u in a cropped/smaller size that the ds 160 accepts

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:43am On May 11, 2016
hopefulme:

Total bill $3,500? The bill was subsidised whether you believe it or not. You can always test your theory by going through Chicago POE when next you travel {Insert sarcasm} grin

Hello hazytraveller,

You can apply for a new visa at either Abuja or Lagos. Make sure to bring your receipts and be ready to explain all the costs associated with your stay in the U.S. and why you changed hospitals. Just be upfront and clear with the
officer and explain your new purpose of travel.
We also recommend to all people going to the U.S. for birth to make sure that the hospital doesn't sign you up for public. assistance - [b]it is easier for their accounting to do it so many times they do it without telling you. You must be clear with the accounting staff that you CANNOT accept any public assistance or it will hurt your chances of getting visas in the future. [/b]
Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Thank you hopefulme

@madameU this is a solid argument for u. If accounting subsidized, you did not know.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 9:56am On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Thank you hopefulme

@madameU this is a solid argument for u. If accounting subsidized, you did not know.

@Madameu : Was MIHS delivery package the correspondence you used for your visa interview? Or you switched Hospitals after you arrived at POE? If you used MIHS then your case should be pretty straight forward. When VOs ask for hospital correspondence and budget breakdown they are doing a mental calculation to make sure people are not about to use subsidised packages meant for residents. Let's stick to what we use during interviews because it will end up being our savior in cases like these. Nobody gets admitted to a particular college and then arrives at POE and then decides to switch colleges. There are procedures.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:07am On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Crop the pix so it can pass the recommended size or
2. Upload any nonsense pix for egs pix of a tree. It will reject it and then give u the option to proceed without passport.

My local way of cropping.
Send the pix via email from my blackberry to maself. Choose the medium or small option. You'l see the size under
The pix now comes to u in a cropped/smaller size that the ds 160 accepts

Thanks my darling kiss

Done

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by busydoc: 10:07am On May 11, 2016
I have been following this forum silently and I just want to appreciate everyone. I have benefited so much from the info I've gotten here.
Please does anyone have information on an affordable pediatrician in Arlington Texas area. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:09am On May 11, 2016
bepop:
Please house i quickly need advise on this one. Do I need social security number of my lo to apply for passport. The portion is in the form but I think I once read i don't need it. Please how do I go about it. I want to get the passport and don't want to wait for the ssn. I will just await it in my box. Thanks.

If your are in Hosuton, you don't need SSN for passport application. Just type 00000 in the SSN space. Don't know about other cities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:10am On May 11, 2016
busydoc:
I have been following this forum silently and I just want to appreciate everyone. I have benefited so much from the info I've gotten here.
Please does anyone have information on an affordable pediatrician in Arlington Texas area. Thanks

You can use google to get them. call their clinic and ask of cost for self paying patient at first visit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bepop: 10:13am On May 11, 2016
God bless u richly. Tnx. Pls do I need to fill the form online? I downloaded it and filled with a black ink. Thanks again.
feddy27:

If your are in Hosuton, you don't need SSN for passport application. Just type 00000 in the SSN space. Don't know about other cities.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:19am On May 11, 2016
bepop:
God bless u richly. Tnx

You are welcome dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:34am On May 11, 2016
To whom it may concern;
All past applicants;
All future applicants;

hazytraveller:
Dear V.O

I had my baby in d states last year 2015 using the self-paying package at the hospital I used; paid my delivery bills and got the necessary receipts; Recently this year 2016, my visa was cancelled with Prejudice at the POE based on reasons: my bill was too small because there were adjustments included on the bill. That I took Medicaid otherwise how come I have such a small bill; the CBP officer also complained that I changed my hospital from the initial one I wanted to use after I entered the states last year;
Please bear in mind that I have contacted the hospital concerning my bills and was confirmed not owing the hospital. Kindly clarify if one is not allowed to change hospital and what is the process of applying for a new visa as the initial one was cancelled WITH PREJUDICE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 10:34am On May 11, 2016
He's a faithful God, We rejoice with u.

evemama:
Hello house,
My testimonies plenty.
1) my mum got her visa on monday at abuja, she went with her burden of proofs but itb was not checked. Just 2 questions ( were are u going and why). White paper given to her and Vo is typing, my mama refused to go feeling like d woman never check her plenty papers na security man come explain say no need, u've been given visa!

2) had my beautiful big baby girl same day by 7; 42am at Oakbend by dr F.
After 4yrs of marriage, 2 nasty 1st & 2nd trimester miscarriages. This miracle came. At abt 4 months was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, put on insulin 3 times daily and considered high risk pregnancy. This discouraged me greatly I almost left d American dream, plus had some doctors I originally wanted to use in america who turned me down cos I was on insulin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cobiss: 10:45am On May 11, 2016
Hello, I have a question. About Fit to Fly, must it be from a government hospital? Do they accept Fit to Fly from private hospital? I intend using Lufthansa/United and am travelling from abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 11:06am On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
To whom it may concern;
All past applicants;
All future applicants;

My roz modul, me i have decided that I'll write the embassy with my receipts + CONTRACTS and all cos i changed not only hospital but state after entry, don't want to be statistics...I cant imagine the trauma of cancellation with PREJUDICE after spending money on flight and logistics, making a 16-24hrs journey(36 sometimes on Me airlines}..... Its Chicago only now, who knows what will happen few months down the line especially after that rug head becomes president...

My POExit with those two overzealous officers still remains indelible in my mind, they were crestfallen [written all over their faces} that they couldn't cancel my visa.... BTW, Even with free ticket, never flying into O'Hare... lai lai

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 11:13am On May 11, 2016
modath:

My roz modul, me i have decided that I'll write the embassy with my receipts + CONTRACTS and all cos i changed not only hospital but state after entry, don't want to be statistics...I cant imagine the trauma of cancellation with PREJUDICE after spending money on flight and logistics, making a 16-24hrs journey(36 sometimes on Me airlines}..... Its Chicago only now, who knows what will happen few months down the line especially after that rug head becomes president...

My POExit with those two overzealous officers still remains indelible in my mind, they were crestfallen [written all over their faces} that they couldn't cancel my visa.... BTW, Even with free ticket, never flying into O'Hare... lai lai
Please join me in my midnight o! See me following us elections like say na my papa land!
Serzly now, the spate of cancellations should be made a diplomatic issue. Seems there's a coded policy to 'punish' nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 11:14am On May 11, 2016
how is LA's POE like
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 11:17am On May 11, 2016
evemama:
Hello house,
My testimonies plenty.
1) my mum got her visa on monday at abuja, she went with her burden of proofs but itb was not checked. Just 2 questions ( were are u going and why). White paper given to her and Vo is typing, my mama refused to go feeling like d woman never check her plenty papers na security man come explain say no need, u've been given visa!

2) had my beautiful big baby girl same day by 7; 42am at Oakbend by dr F.
After 4yrs of marriage, 2 nasty 1st & 2nd trimester miscarriages. This miracle came. At abt 4 months was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, put on insulin 3 times daily and considered high risk pregnancy. This discouraged me greatly I almost left d American dream, plus had some doctors I originally wanted to use in america who turned me down cos I was on insulin.

Congregations darl. He makes all things beautiful. To Him be all the glory!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:31am On May 11, 2016
big congrats evemama! God is faithful. love to your new arrival
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Egonne1(f): 12:08pm On May 11, 2016
Congrats mama. May God bless and keep your home in peace.

evemama:
Finally, corresponded with dr F and settled for him. Travelled last month 12th, with edd for 19th may at 33 wks ga. 1st 2'antenatal visits with one of dr f other doctors cos he travelled.
Join me thank God, & pray for plenty money cos I need am! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cherie24(f): 12:14pm On May 11, 2016
Good Morning Ladies and Mamas in the house,

Congratulations to all new mummies and successful entry to the states. It has been a while i came here but going forward, I am going to be a regular visitor.. ;

Please i need help. I need info on affordable hospitals and Doctors in New York as well as info on Extended accommodation. While i will take time to read through the thread and also do some research, your responses and help will ease the process for me.

Thank you so much and God bless us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 1:17pm On May 11, 2016
how is California POE like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 1:20pm On May 11, 2016
evemama:
Finally, corresponded with dr F and settled for him. Travelled last month 12th, with edd for 19th may at 33 wks ga. 1st 2'antenatal visits with one of dr f other doctors cos he travelled. Was good & uneventful. 3rd visit with dr himself then he's like our scan shows edd for june 10th. Am like not possible o! So he sends me 4 a more detailed scan & monitoring at oakbend.
After results. Makes decision to induce me that baby is already big n good to come out especially with the diabetes.
So am back to hospital on sunday night, inducing starts & progress well but baby is reacting badly to d whole process. Doctor stops and opts for cs.
Next morning cs, baby is out and no crying. Am scared lying there I just started praying. God bless all d medical staffs cos abt 2 or 3 mins looked liked forever untill I heard her cries! Am like abeg make unna pinch her well well make she cryyyyyy.

God is good. Still in d hospital, cos am recoperating and baby needs to be monitored well since I had diabetes.
Don't know what my bills will look like cos I had plenty extras here n there so am waiting.
But I thank God for d doctor, his staffs and d oakbend pple cos I have my 8 ibs 4 ozs beautiful daughter alive with me.
Join me thank God, & pray for plenty money cos I need am! Lol

Congrats. Our lord is good

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 1:27pm On May 11, 2016
Una wel done oh my people. Please I have a question and I have been reading...lol. I was going to do super woman before but I am beginning to change my mind and we want to get a visa for my MIL. However, we didn't get our visa based on child birth, it was a tourist visa and we already used it. Please how do I go about her visa application. Do I notify the embassy first so I can give her the letter or it's not necessary. And what other documents must she take along.
List of documents I want to give her are;

Doctor correspondence
Proof of paid bill. (Doctor & Accomodation)
Bank statement
Our visa page.

Please what else can we add.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:42pm On May 11, 2016
Querylady24:
Una wel done oh my people. Please I have a question and I have been reading...lol. I was going to do super woman before but I am beginning to change my mind and we want to get a visa for my MIL. However, we didn't get our visa based on child birth, it was a tourist visa and we already used it. Please how do I go about her visa application. Do I notify the embassy first so I can give her the letter or it's not necessary. And what other documents must she take along.
List of documents I want to give her are;

Doctor correspondence
Proof of paid bill. (Doctor & Accomodation)
Bank statement
Our visa page.

Please what else can we add.

Thank you
Hmmmmmm! Ook
The only advice I have is wait until u have travelled.
A few pages somebody was adviced on docx and procedure mom...and she also posted transcript after...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 1:58pm On May 11, 2016
Congratulations evemama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 2:06pm On May 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmmmmm! Ook
The only advice I have is wait until u have travelled.
A few pages somebody was adviced on docx and procedure mom...and she also posted transcript after...

I just read it oh! Thank you for the alert and info mama! *picksraceandcancelsplans*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 2:09pm On May 11, 2016
please how is California poe like
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by asikiye: 2:58pm On May 11, 2016
Hello to every one here. This goes out to the soon to be mums. i'm arriving in Houston first week of august. who's also going during that time, using whmc and willing to share a house? please inbox me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:36pm On May 11, 2016
luckyman23:
please how is California poe like
There are cbps. Some black. Some white. Some hispanics. There are dogs sniffing bags. They also have a secondary inspection.
Is that the info u wanted? Hope I helped. If I didn't cover it, just search for carlifonia in the search space either on top or below this page...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.