Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 (42116 Views)

NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Ntel Begins Operation In Abuja, Lagos / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by morikee: 9:57am On Apr 01, 2016
ntel, the newest entrant into the telecommunications space, has unveiled plans for the first phase rollout of its commercial services to the public.

Its Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Kamar Abass, while announcing the rollout plan in Lagos yesterday, said ntel would begin the first phase rollout with the commercial sales of its 0804 mobile line on April 8 in Lagos and Abuja.

He said although the company acquired some base transceiver stations (BTS) from the old NITEL, it also entered partnership agreement with IHS and Helios Towers, builders of BTS and other telecoms infrastructure, to roll out 600 base stations for the commercial rollout in Lagos and Abuja, with plans to extend the rollout plan to Port Harcourt with additional 200 BTS, also known as base stations.

According to Abass, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the telecommunications industry regulator, has approved all licence authorisations necessary for ntel to launch its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network using next generation telecommunications infrastructure for its first phase rollout in April.
He said ntel had deployed 200 kilometres of metro fibre optic transmission cables in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, for seamless network connectivity during the rollout.

The CEO of ntel also added that ntel had deployed LTE Advanced, the latest 4G technology with multi-antennae sites.

“We are rolling out physical sites in three cities on our 900MHz and 1800MHz bands to launch Voice over LTE come April 8, 2016. We have signed agreements with trade partners and fulfilled all licence authorisations and payments and we are up-to-date and there are no impediments to our launch,” he said.

Abass said Natcoms Investments Limited, the parent company of ntel has projected over $1 billion investments over the next four years, for its rollout plan, which he said, would be in phases.

To ensure smooth take off of its mobile network rollout plan, ntel has completed the construction of Tier III Datacentre as well as reactivation of SAT-3 submarine international fibre optic cable.

Natcoms had last year paid $252.52 million to acquire the assets of the defunct first national operator (NITEL), to begin commercial operation on its mobile network. Noting that despite the growth of the telecoms sector in Nigeria which has seen voice subscriptions rise from less than 60,000 in 2001 to over 147 million as at 2015, he expressed fears that broadband usage has only grown by 20 per cent. He said NATCOM has come to fill the gap bringing Nigerians unfettered access to full mobile broadband both on voice and data services.

“Over the next four and half years, the total number of mobile broadband customers alone will be greater than all of the customers that have come into the market on mobile since its inception. In other words, we are at a point where a major transformation is in the making. You will see 168 million mobile broadband customers coming into existence between now and the end of 2019, which is more than all the mobile customers in both narrow and broadband that we have seen in the last 15 years.”

“That sounds like an enormous transformation. When it comes to the supply of broadband services, we are unique because we have more spectrum which can deliver more output than any network available today and potentially any network in the future. The spectrum we have has unique features which can not be compared with any other spectrum band,” Abass said.

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/01/ntel-unveils-rollout-plan-begins-commercial-sales-of-0804-lines-april-8/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by seunlayi(m): 9:59am On Apr 01, 2016
FTC,

If you are ready to give ntel a trial? "Like" my comment to indicate

If you don't bloody care about them and their 4g please "share"

291 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by adegunwa4real(m): 10:00am On Apr 01, 2016
Another competition... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2016
adegunwa4real:
Another competition... angry
Competition is good

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by olaric(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2016
Some good news at last--hope it's not "April Fool?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by slinkman(m): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2016
If they want to remain the best and salvation to Nigeria then they should work on 3 most important thing
1.) it shiuld be spread all over Nigeria, in sny part of Nigeria their should be Ntel good service.

2.) their 4G should be 4G nothing less, speed should never go lower than 5mbps per second for any reason at all. Even if the whole Nigeria uses their service and overhauls server the speed should never go lower than 5mbps.

3.) pricing and unlimited data. If i am to set their prices they should unleash monthly plans and no daily plan nor weekly plan , pricing should go thus

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

5000 for an unlimited plan

All should be monthly plans.

With these i swear on God i and my whole fam shall welcome strongly this NTel and stick to it for life.

217 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:
If they want to remain the best and salvation to Nigeria then they should work on 3 most important thing
1.) it shiuld be spread all over Nigeria, in sny part of Nigeria their should be Ntel good service.

2.) their 4G should be 4G nothing less, speed should never go lower than 5mbps per second for any reason at all. Even if the whole Nigeria uses their service and overhauls server the speed should never go lower than 5mbps.

3.) pricing and unlimited data. If i am to set their prices they should unleash monthly plans and no daily plan nor weekly plan , pricing should go thus

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

With these i swear on God i and my whole fam shall welcome strongly this NTel and stick to it for life.
As for those prices, I don't see that happening for now

17 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Mekanus(m): 11:32am On Apr 01, 2016
They are welcome provided there will be room for cheat and tweaking.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by lwise(m): 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
ntel here I come.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by wunmi2odun(m): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
Make I buy land put for here... **spreads mat**

**MODIFIED**

AS if I knew this was gonna make front page. cheesy cheesy cheesy I'll surely get there one day wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

I will Gladly Port sharperly!!

2 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Booyakasha(f): 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
I need 1gb for 100NGN; if they really want to make a difference then they should make data really cheap, else we don't care, they'll just be another network provider.. we already have too many service providers...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by augster(m): 12:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

these prices ehn

2 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by csc2(m): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

Nobody offer this price any where in the world. Yes we want it to be cheap but 3,500 for 9gb? On a 4g lte? Shey u be that famous Infocenter wey dey always post his scam sme data share everyday? On top of that 5k for unlimited data lol.

Anyway all these prices are still possible. In fact it is very possible to offer 20gb for 2k, but the take is they will give u a very throttled speed, say 20kbps, make u come tell me how u go take finish the 20gb within 1 month. This is the same thing glo is doing, their plans are cheap but to make their sim browse u need to fast and pray.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by slinkman(m): 1:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:

Nobody offer this price any where in the world. Yes we want it to be cheap but 3,500 for 9gb? On a 4g lte? Shey u be that famous Infocenter wey dey always post his scam sme data share everyday? On top of that 5k for unlimited data lol.

Anyway all these prices are still possible. In fact it is very possible to offer 20gb for 2k, but the take is they will give u a very throttled speed, say 20kbps, make u come tell me how u go take finish the 20gb within 1 month. This is the same thing glo is doing, their plans are cheap but to make their sim browse u need to fast and pray.
bro it is done and it is possible in japan a few yuan would get you an unlimited acess to the internet, and no speed throttling you dont have to pay _stupidly to access what developed countries acess cheaply

7 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Youngpo413: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
Uwaafid!
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Youngpo413: 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

if you need more then expect to pay more, with all those goodies you mentioned, 5k for 1gb will be better.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:
bro it is done and it is possible in japan a few yuan would get you an unlimited acess to the internet, and no speed throttling you dont have to pay _stupidly to access what developed countries acess cheaply

And Nigeria and Japan are the same? Japan are many many many many years ahead of us in everything. Ntel are going to import every equipment they will use, they are even going to import their generator and some of their staff. Japan manufacture most of their equipment. Moreover wireless Internet is not cheap, if ntel are going to offer wired home Internet then that can be cheaper.

9 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by jmichlins(m): 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is coming handy cause boys are very angry with mtn for some decisions they took recently. The people in the know know what am talking about

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:

see wetin naija don turn u to
na wa for u o...
My gf in Ukraine pays less than N900 for 1month unlimited data

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
harmbhrosz:
see wetin naija don turn u to
na wa for u o...
My gf in Ukraine pays less than N900 for 1month unlimited data

N900 a month for unlimited internet. That's like €4 a month. Guy u can lie oh. As if we never near airport before abi? Even a wired internet is not that cheap. Ask ur gf what ISP she is using. It is probably a school WiFi or a home fixed internet where the money is shared among occupants. So yes if the cost is €20 and there are 5 occupants ur of will pay €4. And like I said earlier, data can be sold for even 2k for unlimited, it all depends on the speed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by hardebayho(m): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
Booyakasha:
I need 1gb for 100NGN;

Sister! You're in Nigeria ooo... And BBLITED has been blocked... So no even think am

3 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Youngpo413: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:
this is Nigeria.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:

N900 a month for unlimited internet. That's like €4 a month. Guy u can lie oh. As if we never near airport before abi? Even a wired internet is not that cheap. Ask ur gf what ISP she is using. It is probably a school WiFi or a home fixed internet where the money is shared among occupants. So yes if the cost is €20 and there are 5 occupants ur of will pay €4. And like I said earlier, data can be sold for even 2k for unlimited, it all depends on the speed.
u seem so limited bro.
Nevertheless Its cool

8 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by gidimasters(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
Shaking My D|ckson up and down

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
harmbhrosz:
u seem so limited bro.
Nevertheless Its cool

First of all, can u be a little matured and use a font that is readable. I can't read this shii u posted because I can't hurt my eyes trying to decode what it means. But I was able to know ubwere talking about lifecell network provider in Ukraine.

Now to business, first of all this network has no 4g not to talk of LTE, their highest speed attainable is 3g.. So have that at the back of ur mind.

2. There is no place in there website where it says it offers unlimited internet for 150 uah . all their plans are capped. They normally offer 50mb per day for 3 Utah for normal plan and their best plan for data which is called VIP 3g+ offer 55 uah for 750mb, 95 Uah for 2gb and 150 Uah for 4gb. That is approximately 7usd for 4gb of data per month, and that is equivalent to 1,600 naira for 4gb per month for a 3g network. That is not better than what glo offer here brother. Abeg no come here dey bobo us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by fulfillbill(m): 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
Bring it on... price is key
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by passyjango(m): 4:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
The service should also be deployed to more towns and cities across Nigeria
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by jmichlins(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
To all guys converting $ to # directly forgeting the IPC of each country differs thereby making the spending power of the citizens greater. An average american makes $50k/year making the country more costly to live in when compared to nigeria. $10 can feed an average nigeria family a night but may not be enough to buy burger over there. Minimum wage here is #18k but when converted is less that $70 which can be 2hours of labor there(not sure). Having said that, data purchase plan there is very cheap to them with the goodies that comes with it like unlimited texting and calls. Before you can speak about data being cheap or costly abroad when compared to nigeria check their IPC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by slinkman(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
harmbhrosz:
u seem so limited bro.
Nevertheless Its cool
thanks for this bro!!ignore them.. Some in experienced Nigerians would come along snd always try to find a way and justify their very own sufferings and _stupidity

6 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:

First of all, can u be a little matured and use a font that is readable. I can't read this shii u posted because I can't hurt my eyes trying to decode what it means. But I was able to know ubwere talking about lifecell network provider in Ukraine.

Now to business, first of all this network has no 4g not to talk of LTE, their highest speed attainable is 3g.. So have that at the back of ur mind.

2. There is no place in there website where it says it offers unlimited internet for 150 uah . all their plans are capped. They normally offer 50mb per day for 3 Utah for normal plan and their best plan for data which is called VIP 3g+ offer 55 uah for 750mb, 95 Uah for 2gb and 150 Uah for 4gb. That is approximately 7usd for 4gb of data per month, and that is equivalent to 1,600 naira for 4gb per month for a 3g network. That is not better than what glo offer here brother. Abeg no come here dey bobo us.
and did u see the below screenshots

They are all tariff plans

And are u expecting all their tariffs to be on their website? Just like our telecommunications firms here do they av all their tariffs on their website?

I told u I have someone over there, we do discuss this same issues often n u r here arguing blindly

Buses
Trains
Malls
shops
Residents all have free WiFi or do u think its that expensive like u said n all the above mentioned places n motors were able to afford it unlimitedly

She doesn't sub for SMS nor call but data, not on a modem but on iPhone n its fckkn unlimited

By the way since when did the utility of my phone requires ur decision

Bros abeg do normal o before I open eye for u

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? / I Can't View My Wife's Whatsapp Status Post. / How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.