Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

What Anime Show Should I Watch? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Anime Show Should I Watch? (34130 Views)

What Anime Are You Watching Now? / Where Can I Watch "tango With Me" / What Anime Series Should I Watch Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Anime Show Should I Watch? by mhalfdemon(f): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2009
shows I've watched
naruto
bleach
wolf's rain
d. gray man
yu yu hakusho
black blood brothers
full metal alchemist
cowboy bebop
samurai champloo
devil may cry
Jyu-Oh-Sei
all the Yu-Gi-Oh!s
Code Geass
Saiyuki

yeah but can it plz be dub,

1 Like

Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2009
Ah! I used to be a complete anime addict! Devil may cry? Thought that was only a video game. Ok dear, before I recommend some for you, would you mind telling me the genres you'd prefer? Romance, adventure, comedy. . .etc etc
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by mhalfdemon(f): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2009
yeah i'm more of a adventure, action stuff like that. theres a short anime adout the game davil may cry its realy good too^^
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2009
Oh ok well, one anime I really enjoyed that you may find adventerous is 'Death Note', here's a bit of a plot overline

'Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents what appears to be a relentless increase of crime and corruption in the world around him. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note," lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, he realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his keen judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (キラ?, derived from the typical Japanese pronunciation of the English word "killer"wink, is located in Japan. He also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a game of psychological cat and mouse between the two begins.

Misa Amane, another Death Note owner, finds Light. Obsessed by Kira after the death of her parents' murderer, she devotes herself to helping Light, but is captured by L. Light makes a plan involving renouncing ownership of both Death Notes, and all of his memories of them, and turns himself in to L for surveillance. Together, Light and L investigate eight people from the company "Yotsuba" who are using Light's Death Note for their own profit. While arresting them, Light recovers all his memories when he touches the Death Note. He remembers and continues his plan of tricking the former owner of Misa's Death Note, the shinigami Rem, into killing L and his aide Watari.'

I REALLY enjoyed this anime, I DEFINITELY recommend it, infact, I am now actually begging you to watch it, my favourite character was 'L' grin

1 Like

Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2009
Another one I liked was 'Outlaw Star'

Outlaw Star follows the outlaw Gene Starwind and his eleven year-old business associate, Jim Hawking. Together they run a small jack-of-all-trades business on the backwater planet Sentinel III. After the two take a job as bodyguards for a mysterious outlaw, they find themselves the owners of the XGP15A-II, a highly advanced prototype spacecraft, and the caretakers of a bio-android named Melfina. Through the course of the series, the crew grows to include the assassin "Twilight" Suzuka and Aisha Clanclan, a Ctarl-Ctarl and former Ambassador of the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire.

One thing I really love about some anime's are their music, loved the ending songs to this anime.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2009
Another one is I liked is 'Ayashi No Ceres'

Ayashi no Ceres is the story of Aya Mikage and her twin brother Aki who are driven apart by the forces of fate. On their sixteenth birthday, Aya and Aki are called to the family home to be given a special present. What they thought was a birthday party, however, was really a test--one which Aya failed. She was found to possess the reincarnated spirit of an ageless tennyo, one bent on the recovery of her hagoromo and the destruction of the Mikage family. Aya quickly found herself separated from her beloved brother, and hunted by her own family.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2009
I loved Fushigi Yuugi, filled with adventure, romance, comedy etc the same person who created 'Ayashi No Ceres' created this one.

[img]http://thiamere.files./2009/02/circlefy.jpg[/img]

Miaka Yuuki, an average middle school student caught up in studying for exams, is sucked into an ancient Chinese novel titled "The Universe of Four Gods". There she discovers that she is in an ancient country in what is now China, Konan, and is to be the Priestess of one of the four gods, Suzaku. As the priestess, her duty is to gather the Seven Seishi of Suzaku, who are to be her protectors. Once they are gathered, the priestess will summon the god Suzaku and bring peace between the warring lands, Konan and Kutou. But it's harder than it seems. Along the road, many hardships are faced, as Miaka's best friend Yui Hongo enters the book and becomes her rival, the priestess of Seiryuu in the land of Kutou. Who summons their god first is up to the courage and skill of the priestesses and their seishi, as they meet triumphs and tragedies along the way.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2009
Wouldn't call this exactly an 'adventure' anime, it's more of a drama and romance one but I liked it and what the heck, you might too, it's called 'Paradise Kiss'

[img]http://starchildap.files./2008/10/as-paradise-kiss.jpg[/img]

Yukari is a typical high-school student who listens to her parents and attends school everyday. As she starts to question her way of life, she encounters a group of fashion design students who has a clothing label known as "Paradise Kiss". The group needs to find a model to showcase their designs in an up-coming fashion show and decides to pick Yukari instead. Initially, Yukari was reluctant to be associated with this seemingly eccentric group, but eventually, she realises that they are really nice people. Furthermore, their passion and enthusiasm to follow their ideals and dreams make Yukari realise that she has not been enjoying her life and this motivated her to pursue her own dreams.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2009
Another one that is not adventerous (Sorry) but I liked is 'Peach Girl', more of a drama, romance and comedy anime.

[img]http://www.animeclick.it/prove/serie/PeachGirl/PeachGirl1.jpg[/img]

Peach Girl is about an average high school girl, Momo Adachi, who everyone thinks is a beach bunny / slut because of her tanned skin. The actual reason she is so tanned is because she was on the swim team and tans very easily. She likes a boy, Toji, who she heard only likes non-tanned girls. This causes her to question who she is and have low self esteem. She spends a lot of time trying to remake herself into the girl she believes he wants. However, she has a friend, Sae, who likes to go behind Momo's back and make her life terrible, mostly by trying to take Toji away from her. All the while there's another boy, Kairi, who is in love with Momo.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2009
InuYasha isn't too bad either, plus it's under the 'adventure' genre.

Higurashi Kagome, after being pulled down a well by a demon, finds herself in Feudal Japan, where she learns that a powerful jewel has been reborn inside her body. After the jewel shatters in an attempt to retrieve it from one of the many demons who was after its power, Kagome must join forces with the half-demon Inu Yasha (also after the jewel's power) to track down the shards of the jewel before its power falls into the wrong hands.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Dclique(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2009
My Nairalanders, Pls, Vote for Dclique as assistant moderator in Education section, thanx
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by obinna5000(m): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2009
@mhalfdemon
SAMURAI X (Rurouni Kenshin)  cool
BLEACH
NARUTO
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2009
She already has two of those animes on her 'already watched' list.

@Poster
Yes, try rurouni kenshin, another good anime.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by grafikdon: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2009
Gai Rai Zero: Kuro
Speedgrapher
Valkyria Chronicles (ongoing)
FMA: Brotherhood
Welcome to the NHK
Phantom: Requiem to the Phantom
Elfenlied
Samurai 7
Ryoko's Case File
Rumbling Hearts
Sekirei

Try to watch the original Japanese versions with subs. The English dubs are generally repulsive.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 01, 2009
grafikdon:

Gai Rai Zero: Kuro
Speedgrapher
Valkyria Chronicles (ongoing)
FMA: Brotherhood
Welcome to the NHK
Phantom: Requiem to the Phantom
Elfenlied
Samurai 7
Ryoko's Case File
Rumbling Hearts
Sekirei

Try to watch the original Japanese versions with subs. The English dubs are generally repulsive.

You don't know how right you are cheesy
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by firestar(f): 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2009
I tend to picky when it comes to anime. I've watched Rurouni Kenshin, Ninja scroll, still watching Naruto, Prince of Tennis. . . more summaries would be appreciated smiley
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Shaunscot(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2009
Ive seen Inyasha, Loved it.

You can try out Basilisk (Its short but you'll love it, Romance/adventure)
The Law of UEKI is more of comedy but cool.
I got soooo many of them that I havent seen though.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by loktarogar(m): 3:51am On Aug 04, 2009
I would recomend Neon Genesis Evangelion to you. It has just about 26 episodes and while the graphics may not be all that great, it should make you feel a certain emotion if you watch all the episodes.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by essdee909(m): 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hi there n lander,i was addicted to anime after watch ful metal panic,neon genesis and am curently watchin bleach and naruto i woud like too watch the ones you guys mention here,but the problem here is i reside in jos,is there any way posible for me to get them from you guys even if am to drop $ 4 you guys,i woud really app it(hate all dwnloadin stress)
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by crnkmnk: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2009
anime (action/adventure) series that I like:

Black Lagoon
Armitage III
8 Man After
Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C.
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Gantz
Speed Grapher
Burst Angel
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Samurai Gun

Gunslinger Girl
Peacemaker Kurogane

* bold font ==> it was on HiTV until they removed Animax last month. cry

essdee909:

i reside in jos, is there any way posible for me to get them from you guys (hate all dwnloadin stress)

I saw dis Anime Exchange group on facebook. check it out!

1 Like

Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by crnkmnk: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2009
crnkmnk:

anime (action/adventure) series that I like: 

soooo, when will my comment be seen? why is my reply hidden? did i add too many links?
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2009
Vampire Knight!

[img]http://www.lastleaf.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/vampire_knight.jpg
[/img]

Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, wherein she was attacked by a vampire,  And then rescued by another. Now 10 years later, Yuki Cross, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her savior, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. But also at her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who’s hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions. Is Kaname's infatuation with Yuki the beginning of a forbidden romance, or is it something in her forgotten past that draws him to her. Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ Ibkaye

Do you also read mangas?
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2009
michelin89:

@ Ibkaye

Do you also read mangas?
Heck Yes grin
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2009
I have parakiss and peach girls in mangas. Believe me they are much better.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2009
michelin89:

I have parakiss and peach girls in mangas. Believe me they are much better.
Yeah, I read the parakiss manga as well as watching the anime, couldn't get my hands on the peach girl manga though, books are always much better right? cheesy

Which manga did you prefer?
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
My best of all times is Kodomo No Omocha by Miho Obama. I have this mangaka's entire collection. I just have three more mangas to go (7.50 euros each).

I have tons of other mangas. i think I have spent about 300 euros on mangas since I started a few years ago. I'll provide the complete list soon.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2009
That's alot of money, manga's are usally about £7 here, sometimes I just read the scans online, what genre's are you generally into?
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2009
I started from shojo. Now I am into tougher stuff but definitely not shonen. As for Miho Obana I'd buy anything even though it were about cats.
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2009
I started with the likes of dragonball z and sailormoon, I'd say I prefer the tougher ones too now, then again it depends, have you found yourself crushing on any of the characters? embarassed cheesy cheesy
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2009
Akito Hayama and Ryo Saeba. kiss
Re: What Anime Show Should I Watch? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
Woo, so I'm not the only one grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dee One: Meet Aderombi Adedayo, BBNaija Housemate Whose Wedding Photos Leaked / Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness Free Download / Jim Iyke And Charles Okocha In 'Jealous Lover' (Throwback Movie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.