Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? (4723 Views)

** 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Northern Foreshore Estate. Lekki. N 2.5m P/a (+pix's) * / PHOTOS: Gov. Ganduje Sells 2 Bedroom Houses For N2.7 Million In Kano / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
Okay, my fellow Nairalanders-in-property-matters, I really need very sincere comments and insightful opinions on the above subject.

I got asked this question recently by someone who says he owns his half plot of land already and intends to build a convenient and simple 2-Bedroom bungalow for his young family. The soil of the site location in the part of Lagos is quite firm and will NOT be needing Raft Foundation. He said his budget from savings and loans is about N3.5 Million Naira and he would like to finish the project within a period of 3 months at most.

Personally, as a trained professional in the building sector with some years of experience, I made it clear to him that he could actually build the house with that amount of money but he should not expect 'a miracle' that will make the finished building the very best of dream houses. My simple reason for saying this is simply because the current prices of materials and workmanship are not so budget-friendly except he gets a trusted professional who will help him supervise and also procure the building materials at best prices.

Asides my frank view on this, I would like to have comments as to the possibility of this dream of this intending home-owner. Have you or anyone you know been able to build a house with minimal budget as this or even a bit less or more? Do you think this person should wait to save a little more before he starts his building project?

Your very sincere comments are highly welcomed. Thanks.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by MrFocusGoals: 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
@Ops Despite the assumptions you have made with the soil type and 'SIMPLE: building, you still need a design (at least a floor plan) to enable one determine the size of the house. But generally N3.5M will get the structure in place. This will be without painting, complete plastering, etc and some other essentials. But the roof, doors and windows shd be ready.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
Very good points you have made @MrFocusGoals. I suspsect you may be a QS. Thanks for your comment. I hope we get more so we can get this more interactive.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by eghosajohnny: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
That amount will finish the job to painting
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
eghosajohnny:
That amount will finish the job to painting

Interesting view there. Can you please give us a simple breakdown?
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Oh wow!...Very insightful one there @Ytechconst. Thanks for the link shared too.

Ytechconst:
To get a standard bungalow of 2 bedroom on a stable soil without isolated columns. Budget 4.5million.

Check on the thread below to follow the recent bungalow i did for myself at ikorodu between September - November 2015. Excluding fencing and shop i spent 4.5million. Though i used high quality ppr pipes for the plumbing works. The cost is also inclusive of all soak away and septic tank,bore hole, scaffolding and tank compound flooring half way. Just look through the thread and see how it comes out you will see it worths it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2658470/construction-mini-2-bedroom-bungalow
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 10:03am On Apr 04, 2016
Opinions still welcome. Thanks. Happy new week to you folks!
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Jidbel(m): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
This is a really helpful piece! Thanks.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 10:58am On Apr 05, 2016
You are welcome @Jidbel.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by eghosajohnny: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
For 2 bdroom bungalow it will take 3.2m with steptile roofing sheet,sliding aluminium window,virony china door,tiles for ground and toilet,pop for parlour room pvc,plumbing and electrical to painting
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
Thanks @eghosajohnny . This is a very interesting and cost effective budget breakdown. I hope this can translate to reality though. Let us know if you are into building construction and have handled similar projects previously. I am sure there are many serious Nairalanders who will benefit from this.

eghosajohnny:
For 2 bdroom bungalow it will take 3.2m with steptile roofing sheet,sliding aluminium window,virony china door,tiles for ground and toilet,pop for parlour room pvc,plumbing and electrical to painting
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2016
Where are the expert builders and intending landlords on Nairaland?
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 2:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
Let's keep this discussion flowing people...
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Bossman(m): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
Very interested as well. However, from reading the other threads and the link above, it seems like it will be a stretch to get it it done with 3.5 million. Not saying it's not possible.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
I agree with you very much @Bossman. One cannot but make use of guided tips like these from people's experiences. The rate at which the cost of building materials fluctuate today isn't one that should be joked with if one is serious about building a house anytime soon. May God help us and help us fulfill our dreams.

Bossman:
Very interested as well. However, from reading the other threads and the link above, it seems like it will be a stretch to get it it done with 3.5 million. Not saying it's not possible.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buildertobadt:
Let's keep this discussion flowing people...

I think it's possible.

This is N1.1m in Ibadan.

About 25x50 structure.

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hmmmm.....@EgunMogaji Baba!...I hail. But as much as I am impressed by what you have been able to accomplish with just N1.1M, it still seems to me like this project in this image you shared has a long way to go oh!. Even for a relatively cheaper environment to build like Ibadan, I can make a guesstimate that at least another N2 Million will still be needed to finish up this project you shared to taste. Thanks for sharing your opinion still. Well appreciated.

EgunMogaji:

I think it's possible.

This is N1.1m in Ibadan.

About 25x50 structure.

1 Like

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buildertobadt:
Hmmmm.....@EgunMogaji Baba!...I hail. But as much as I am impressed by what you have been able to accomplish with just N1.1M, it still seems to me like this project in this image you shared has a long way to go oh!. Even for a relatively cheaper environment to build like Ibadan, I can make a guesstimate that at least another N2 Million will still be needed to finish up this project you shared to taste. Thanks for sharing your opinion still. Well appreciated.

It's relative.

Roofing about N500, windows and doors N250, then plastering N? and low voltage wiring N100.

I still think it can be managed if directly supervised but my big fully complete it.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
I see. Quite clear that you have done your homework as needful for anyone building. But note that none of your estimates indicate cost of labour at all. I wish you well in the execution of our project.

EgunMogaji:

It's relative.

Roofing about N500, windows and doors N250, then plastering N? and low voltage wiring N100.

I still think it can be managed if directly supervised but my big fully complete it.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buildertobadt:
I see. Quite clear that you have done your homework as needful for anyone building. But note that none of your estimates indicate cost of labour at all. I wish you well in the execution of our project.

All my estimates actually includes cost of labor.

This is a carefully orchestrated build.

Thanks.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
Oh wow!...That makes this even more interesting. I tuale you bro. More grease to your elbows.

EgunMogaji:

All my estimates actually includes cost of labor.

This is a carefully orchestrated build.

Thanks.

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buildertobadt:
Oh wow!...That makes this even more interesting. I tuale you bro. More grease to your elbows.

I owe it all to the selfless sharing in this section.

There's a treasure throve of data here to be mined and used to save tremendously.

I went direct to the quarry to buy granite and saved tremendously, as an example.

1 Like

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
Now I think I have to contact you directly for more tips bro. That granite purchase example got me thinking at how much cost I can save....or even if I can procure that through someone I trust well. Thanks for sharing again.

EgunMogaji:

I owe it all to the selfless sharing in this section.

There's a treasure throve of data here to be mined and used to save tremendously.

I went direct to the quarry to buy granite and saved tremendously, as an example.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buildertobadt:
Now I think I have to contact you directly for more tips bro. That granite purchase example got me thinking at how much cost I can save....or even if I can procure that through someone I trust well. Thanks for sharing again.

Some shrimpy granite seller on here will try to tell you that you can't do it but you can. I did.

You can go buy your own wood, but your own roofing tile. But it all requires you to get educated on those things.

The reward is money left in your pocket.

Good luck on your project.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
Yes oh!....I have done materials procurement directly for personal projects and for friends and clients as well...and at very great rates. One can save good money through educated approach like this indeed.

EgunMogaji:

Some shrimpy granite seller on here will try to tell you that you can't do it but you can. I did.

You can go buy your own wood, but your own roofing tile. But it all requires you to get educated on those things.

The reward is money left in your pocket.

Good luck on your project.

1 Like

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
"It takes a community of wise people to raise a good child to a great person. It takes a collection of experienced insights and advice from pros on Nairaland property to build a quality lasting house." - Buildertobadt (2016). Who agrees? grin
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Jidbel(m): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
lol...very true words @buildertobadt

Buildertobadt:
"It takes a community of wise people to raise a good child to a great person. It takes a collection of experienced insights and advice from pros on Nairaland property to build a quality lasting house." - Buildertobadt (2016). Who agrees? grin
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by EricT: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
For your Architectural design, Stuctural design, M& E drawing, Removation, Project Management and Facility management. Contact us for the best at moderate price:
gtassociates@gmail.com
Trial will surely convince you.

1 Like

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2016
Happy new week fellow property nairalanders. May our plans to advance in all our visions, business and projects prosper this week. Cheers!
Contact CRIBPARK for all your building materials needs today....We are always here to serve you.. smiley . Call us today on 08068839618 OR 07056556189 and check us out on www.cribpark.com.
Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Realnedum(m): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2016
[b][/b] I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT WITH N3.5 MILLION, WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A WELL DESIGNED AND COMFORTABLE 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT. BUT FOR US TO GIVE YOU A STANDARD 2 BEDROOM BUNGALOW WITH STANDARD FINSIHING LIKE QUALITY KITCHEN UNIT USING MDFS AND HDFS FUNITURES. FOR TITLES WE ARE GONNA GIVE YOU QUALITY IMPOTED TILES eg SPANISH OR ITALIAN TILES. FOR BATHROOMS WE GIVE YOU QAULITY BATHTUBS AND JACUZZI. WE GIVE YOU QAULITY EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR SCREEDING WITH POP AND QUALITY PAINTING (SILKS AND SATIN). N4.5MILLION WILL GURANTEE THIS STANDARD BUILDING FOR YOU. FOR WE HAVE GOOD INNOVATIVE WORK FORCE. COMPRISING OF CIVIL ENGINEERS,ARCHITECTS,QUANTITY SURVEYORS AND COMPUTER GURUS.

CONTACT INFO:
realconcept22@gmail.com
real_concept22@yahoo.com

PHONE:
080 846 05807
081 561 58927

Twitter @Realnedum

1 Like

Re: Can One Build A 2-Bedroom Bungalow In Lagos With N3.5 Million In This Times? by Buildertobadt: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
From your foundation laying to roofing stage, you need sharp sand, cement, wood, DPM, blocks etc . Contact CRIBPARK today...We are always ready to serve all your building materials needs...Our primary objective is that you get the materials with your resources, whenever you need it and where you do need. Call us today on (Dare on 08068839618 OR Jide on 07056556189) or check us out on www.cribpark.com. We look forward to serving you today!

(1) (2) (Reply)

End of the Year Promo Offer at Lashone Estate Ikorodu... / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project. / 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lekki @ N14.3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.