Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1004974 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 6:31am On May 23, 2016
It's inside the admission letter given to me. Am going for construction management in Conestoga college this september. Unless if your own admission letter content is different.
KayPapi:

Where do you get this info from ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kenyata(m): 6:44am On May 23, 2016
casie26:
@KENYATA.. For the observation by the VO can be obtained when you request for ur GCMS file.

@CASIE, how can one get this GCMS File and how long does it take?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by zeongeon: 7:21am On May 23, 2016
I also think threads should b made on various provinces so that people can also get helpful information about the various provinces so that they can be better prepared before landing.

I believe such thread will give people necessary information that will aid fast integration and adaptation in there various provinces.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 7:21am On May 23, 2016
Hi guys, please I will like to know the type of tests they carry out when one goes for medical examination.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:48am On May 23, 2016
PlaybooyGANG:

Thanks bro... quite explanatory. Tried contacting a supervisor in U of M, he didnt even reply my email till now, since last week. So I lost hope in U of M, I will try ottawa now. Thanks.

Contact as many supervisors as possible. Some will respond to your mail.

Itz possible the supervisor you contacted is on leave or sabbatical. They usually don't respond to their institutional mails during leave.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 7:49am On May 23, 2016
@Marcus....u made a very fantastically big mistake...i guess u just came to this forum after ur denial..otherwise if u had been following this thread u wld have seen where the warning was sounded that if u are going for a diploma or first degree and u already have a BSc, never u mention it in ur application....infact throw away ur degree and apply with just ur SSCE......then look for what to fill in ur education gap.....but as it is now, u cant remedy the situation cos cic already have ur information with them.....
Marcus01:
Yes please. Do help me confirm. Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 8:00am On May 23, 2016
there is no age limit for giving out undergraduate visa..like thesoj says..u have to tell a very good story in your SOP/LOE...i know someone who got a visa for UG and is in his 30's, but he never mentioned he already had a degree...in his sop he stated that hes been working with his dad since he finished sec school in 2001....I think the rule is, never mention u already have a degree if u are going for a second UG degree...and if ur above 30, apply to a 2year college, cos generally 2 year diplomas are for matured persons looking to go into a trade or new career, secondly its short...but u need to have a very rich and verifiable work experience to cover for the long educational gap...
penitential:
I also I tried applying to an undergraduate study in civil engineering to different schools in canada to obtain my B.ENG. I was specifically told by the admission officer of one of the schools I applied to he said and I quote "even if I give you admission, my people at the embassy will not give you visa. They will not see any reason why a graduate want to go and start over again. They will believe you want to go and never come back.they Will never give you visa. I will advise you go got PGD". After that, I was later told that undergraduate visa is usually given to age between 17 - 21 years of age. So my plan is to go for a post graduate diploma in my course which is two years program after which I applied for study visa with my post graduate admission letter. Once am in Canada, i will apply as a transfer student into the university for my B.ENG. it is easier to extend your study permit there than applying for a study permit with undergraduate admission letter after graduation. You can try Algonquin college in Ottawa for post graduate diploma.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 8:00am On May 23, 2016
PlaybooyGANG:

Thanks bro... quite explanatory. Tried contacting a supervisor in U of M, he didnt even reply my email till now, since last week. So I lost hope in U of M, I will try ottawa now. Thanks.

You can also check out Simon Fraser University and University of Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 8:12am On May 23, 2016
KayPapi:
Greetings,

Originally we required Nigerian students to pay the full tuition fees , however now you can just pay for once semester, it is approximately $7,200.00 .

An official invoice will be found in your student portal, under the financial tab.
https://studentportal.conestogac.on.ca/StudentPortal/Default.aspx

After payment , it takes 7-10 business days for us to receive your payment and issue a "Confimation" Letter. This letter can be used along with the letter of acceptance to apply for a visa.

Kind regards,

International Admissions Team
The International Education Office
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
299 Doon Valley Drive, Kitchener, ON N2G 4M4
(519) 748-5220 Ext. 3307

Sent from my iPhone

Got this reply from the college;

Yes,it's there on the link share with you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 8:18am On May 23, 2016
why is nobody going to New brunswick community college here..?i
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bhoyo: 8:27am On May 23, 2016
Ok. How much will 8,167CAD be if am going to use dollar@parallel market and how much will it be if am using Form A in the bank? Just to reduce my expenses. Pls urgent

emma4eva:
honestly, the fastest way now is too source for dollars and pay at the parallel market price or you could try using form A at any bank which wil take longer time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mickeyenglish(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2016
Morning everyone!

I'm thinking of studying in Canada immediately after my first degree. I'm currently in my final year as an English-language student at the Obafemi Awolowo University. Though, through this thread, I have learnt a lot on the steps and processes needed to make that dream a possibility but there's another angle to it. Is it possible for me to gain admission into a tertiary institution in Canada without applying from Nigeria? Because as I speak, I'm currently working on a Canadian permanent residence visa here in Nigeria, though it is going to take approximately 12 months to work it out with alot of money. My problem is that I don't want to take decisions that I might regret later. I have alot of friends in the US and Canada who didn't go through the student Visa route and did not sit for toefl, sat, or gre but on getting there, they registered for a sort of foundation programme which took about 6-8months. All I want from the gurus in this forum is to give candid opinions and advice on this urgent matter.
Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Marcus01: 8:52am On May 23, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:55am On May 23, 2016
Greeting my ancestors

Pls is it compulsory for my sponsor to be my relation?
It could be anyone with lots of money in their account right?
Plus how do i explain the relationship to the VO
Thats the only thing delaying my visa application
All docs are ready
Anyone who can help pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 9:01am On May 23, 2016
hello all,

Between 1 year PGC and 2 years PGC program, which has more chances for visa approval for a married woman?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Flawless1988: 9:23am On May 23, 2016
My brother who is currently in canada told me being pregnant would cause a failure in medicals .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 9:25am On May 23, 2016
i think you should go for a PGC....
Marcus01:
so what do I do now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Marcus01: 9:39am On May 23, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 10:03am On May 23, 2016
penitential:
It's inside the admission letter given to me. Am going for construction management in Conestoga college this september. Unless if your own admission letter content is different.

Please email me a copy of your admission letter: Dahunsi.kayode@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 10:11am On May 23, 2016
Temiy:
Who is going to Toronto in June anyone please

going btw JULY 1-4
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Joe980: 10:17am On May 23, 2016
Bleuocean:
hello all,
Between 1 year PGC and 2 years PGC program, which has more chances for visa approval for a married woman?
Both are okay but to get value for your money please go for 2 years PGC program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by afelouz(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2016
Kirri:

gurus please answer this question. I need the same information too. my sponsor is not related to me but has the money in his personal/business account. thanks

Greeting my ancestors

Pls is it compulsory for my sponsor to be my relation?
It could be anyone with lots of money in their account right?
Plus how do i explain the relationship to the VO
Thats the only thing delaying my visa application
All docs are ready
Anyone who can help pls?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Joe980: 10:19am On May 23, 2016
Marcus01:
I thought every application is going to be treated as a new one. Can't I do away with my first degree like u said and fill up the study gap. Are you sure they do keep those information. And if I want to go for pgc, any idea of a school that would give me admission with the third class
Don't play with fire...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by afelouz(m): 10:35am On May 23, 2016
hello House,

Hello Gurus,

I have been a silent follower for long, and the information i got here helped me to get admission to Conestoga college for Sept.

but I have these questions,

Conestoga college requires a deposit of 1500cad to reserve my seat, can someone in Canada or USA make the payment on my behalf? will the school issue a receipt of the deposit that i can add to my trv app?

also, the SOA i intend to use as sponsor is a business account of a contractor that i used to work for based on contract not as a full staff, how do i go about it? what can i add or provide along side the SOA to convince the V.O to show the relationship and home tie.?

i can boast of about 3 million in my personal account.

God bless you as u respond.

Note: tuition is 14,000 + 10,000 living expenses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by keitu: 10:45am On May 23, 2016
Hi there,
I applied for canadian study permit on 22 April 2016 at Accra, Ghana but just realized I didn't state my previous USA F1 visa refusal last year with reason being that I don't have ties in my home country Ghana. No biometrics and fingerprints taken for the canada application. Don't know whether they will still get to know of the USA refusal.

I'm a bit disturbed and do not know how this is going to affect my application. Kindly share your views if anyone have such a story of the expected outcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 10:46am On May 23, 2016
dessy8:
@Marcus....u made a very fantastically big mistake...i guess u just came to this forum after ur denial..otherwise if u had been following this thread u wld have seen where the warning was sounded that if u are going for a diploma or first degree and u already have a BSc, never u mention it in ur application....infact throw away ur degree and apply with just ur SSCE......then look for what to fill in ur education gap.....but as it is now, u cant remedy the situation cos cic already have ur information with them.....

What about certificate programs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 11:09am On May 23, 2016
Hello house.
Checked my TRV application status online today... The medical part has been updated to medical passed... Submitted through paper route 3wks ago, linked it to the online platform 4days after..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by angelangelangel: 11:10am On May 23, 2016
hello house who is in Canny that can help me to apply for my GCSM file pls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2016
@Qwertyasdf
When did you submitted your app have been submitted my app 5 weeks now still waiting for medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 11:51am On May 23, 2016
jj17cv:
@Qwertyasdf
When did you submitted your app have been submitted my app 5 weeks now still waiting for medical.

I submitted 3wks ago. Did upfront medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 11:54am On May 23, 2016
tundechange:
Hi guys, please I will like to know the type of tests they carry out when one goes for medical examination.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2016
I've sent it to you.
KayPapi:

Please email me a copy of your admission letter: Dahunsi.kayode@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.