Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,092 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1004195 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eugene83: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=Dannylng post=46426873][/quote]
Well. You seem to believe in your course. If you can get a better sponsor please do. Id advice you to remove the unemplyed thing from there. Just fill in your nysc.Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
yemdogg:

For u of Ottawa it has to be the official transcript sent directly from your school before they can even review your application for admission.

For u of Manitoba you can upload your own copy when they offer you a provisional admission they will request for an official copy from your school.

Do I stand a chance with second class lower? Can a very good sop with a rich cv help?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ashmark:

Okay, but can you please explain what I can do after they grant me tourist Visa and I want to apply for PR.

You are asking the same question i just answered.

You can't apply for PR with visiting visa, that can only be possible with study permit or any of their work programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kennykentipsy: 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=oggysena post=46427698][/quote]

No you don't need English test for Niagara colleges admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 12:05am On Jun 10, 2016
rheginarh:

Lol, same with me o, it showed the date i linked it as submitted, but i believe the initial submission date would stand sha, cos dey would have started working on it b4 linking naa, mehn i rily dont knoo, it will end in praisee
Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 12:06am On Jun 10, 2016
rheginarh:

Lol, same with me o, it showed the date i linked it as submitted, but i believe the initial submission date would stand sha, cos dey would have started working on it b4 linking naa, mehn i rily dont knoo, it will end in praisee
how much was the medicals ? and where did you do yours ?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2016
opia12345:
Can I still submit my application for September admission next week... Pls reply
why not go for January,so you have enough time.. if say they process your admission in 3 weeks or 1month.. you might be running short of time for visa and stuff.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 5:04am On Jun 10, 2016
kennykentipsy:

No you don't need English test for Niagara colleges admission

Thanks a lot for the reply, can you give me an insight into the admission process at Niagara.. I have my SSCE certificates, graduated last year nd just have a student copy of my statement of result. Do I scan nd mail the Niagara college the documents or do I send the original.
Please take yuhr time, Nd walk me through the admission process at Niagara college.
P.S am applying for a 2yr trade program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by alexa007: 5:33am On Jun 10, 2016
ok thats alright
alexa007:
yes i live in regina studying at university of regina..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by alexa007: 5:37am On Jun 10, 2016
thanks buskod what i met was on how to write Affidavit of support
Buskod:

I really don't understand your question but I just collected his 6 months statement of account and the closing balance was 5 m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rudyislife: 6:15am On Jun 10, 2016
yungreezy:
thanks but did u just fill in your referees' official email address and Dal sent them the form or u downloaded it and gave to them to fill and then sent it to Dal directly along with your transcript
If you feel their academic email,dal would send it to their email address.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 6:55am On Jun 10, 2016
xyoung:
I am begging you guys in this NL, please help your fellow human being to answer this question as i am getting desperate

1. Have anyone gotten a TRV with a Fat Bank Statement of a friend (age mate i mean) or former university classmate. (i dont have any supportive family member or relative who gat money)

2. How best or which document can i use to proof my relationship with my friend?

NB: Someone advised me to submit university pix i took with this friend
Meanwhile i have just 2million naira in a fixed deposit and i am currently not working

Please Help me with answers...Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
forget the pics. they won't even. collect pics at vfs...all you can do is for your friend to write his relationship with you, just write how and when y'all became friends and why he really want to help you bla bla bla like that. just straight to the point sponsorship letter, and hope things works for you, one can't really predict these things sometimes, you just gotta try and hope.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 6:59am On Jun 10, 2016
TheDreamChaser:

thanks for this. 30-60days seems a long wait, I wish there was an alternative though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 7:07am On Jun 10, 2016
CassetteBoy:

thanks for this.
30-60days seems a long wait, I wish there was an alternative though.
this is crazy!... like the long wait for the visa is not enough... best is for everybody to just have a plan b tho.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mcdonald123(m): 7:18am On Jun 10, 2016
Hi guys... Pls i need ur input here. A friend of mine applied for d medical office assiatant program @ bow valley college. Its a 1 year certificate program... She has a background in public health nd occupational health... Can she use d admission 2 apply 4 her study permit? Or do u think the immigration officers would frown @ d choice of course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
This should be some form of consolation for all TRV hopefuls.. It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2016
23 weeks long wait
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yungreezy: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Bamz:

Internetworking Engineering
nice.. Everyone seems to be going to Dalhousie for that course. Same I want to apply to. My only reservation about the course is the lack of co-op term or internship to get work experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yungreezy: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2016
rudyislife:
If you feel their academic email,dal would send it to their email address.
the field has an asterisk meaning it is mandatory to fill it even if I'm still going to send the hard copies. Or am I doing it wrong?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 10:02am On Jun 10, 2016
Qwertyasdf:
This should be some form of consolation for all TRV hopefuls.. It will end in praise

What the hell?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ouchechukwuo: 10:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Hello,
Please I would like to know, will university of Saskatchewan accept to process an application if I should upload my transcript.

yemdogg and others please reply

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stinux(f): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2016
For Uottawa there is a chance but for University of Manitoba, l dont think so.

Avalon316:

Do I stand a chance with second class lower? Can a very good sop with a rich cv help?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2016
Avalon316:

Your GPA is not the only thing considered during the assessment of your application.

Other supporting documents are also considered like; statement of intent, research proposal, CV etc.

Also if u can visit the departmental website of the program you're going for to see if you can secure a supervisor that is ready and willing to supervise you. THAT will work substantially in your favour.

However, with your GPA, you won't be able to get funding as most scholarships are given to applicants with excellent academic records.

I'd advise you first apply for a PGD related to your undergraduate degree.

That will subsequently boost your chances of admission later when applying for masters.

I hope i am able to help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2016
yemdogg:

2.47 GPA is way too low for a masters degree in Canada. Most universities require a strong second class upper. Your best bet is to secure a PGD admission in any of the colleges.

I am a geology graduate with a 2:2.kindly help out with universities or colleges that accept 2:2 for PGD in environmental science related courses in Canada that is affordable, also the whole TRV processes.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2016
stinux:

For u of Manitoba....it's minimum of B in ur last two years of undergraduate or equivalence of 3.0/4.0 Nothing less.

For u of Ottawa it's the same minimum requirements buh applicants are given the opportunity to explain why they had bad grades in some semesters.

I think U of Manitoba admission is more competitive than that of u of Ottawa. This is due to the fact that there are fewer universities/institutions in the province of Manitoba compared to the province of Ontario which has more Universities and colleges.

My observations though.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2016
emmanuelpopson:

I am a geology graduate with a 2:2.kindly help out with universities or colleges that accept 2:2 for PGD in environmental science related courses in Canada that is affordable, also the whole TRV processes.
thanks

Most colleges almost dash out admission for PGD especially Ontario colleges.

Check Conestoga college, Humber, Durham etc to see if they have the program u intend going for.

Check this link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/download/3810281

As for TRV process, get your admission first and follow this thread. All the info you need regarding trv process is in this thread. That's if you can be patient to read through some of the parts. Especially part 7
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2016
stinux:

Thanks so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2016
ouchechukwuo:
Hello,
Please I would like to know, will university of Saskatchewan accept to process an application if I should upload my transcript.

yemdogg and others please reply

Thank you

Apparently your school need to forward your transcript to University of Saskatchewan directly. It has to be stamped by registrar of your school.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2016
yemdogg:

Your GPA is not the only thing considered during the assessment of your application.

Other supporting documents are also considered like; statement of intent, research proposal, CV etc.

Also if u can visit the departmental website of the program you're going for to see if you can secure a supervisor that is ready and willing to supervise you. THAT will work substantially in your favour.

However, with your GPA, you won't be able to get funding as most scholarships are given to applicants with excellent academic records.

I'd advise you first apply for a PGD related to your undergraduate degree.

That will subsequently boost your chances of admission later when applying for masters.

I hope i am able to help.

Thanks. I actually want Meng and can fund my studies without funding from the school. All I need is the opportunity to do my Meng there. For Meng,do I need a supervisor? I guess no. In fact,i just filled the online form and I was never asked to upload either cv or statement of intent. Hope I'm not doing something wrong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:12am On Jun 10, 2016
Avalon316:

Thanks. I actually want Meng and can fund my studies without funding from the school. All I need is the opportunity to do my Meng there. For Meng,do I need a supervisor? I guess no. In fact,i just filled the online form and I was never asked to upload either cv or statement of intent. Hope I'm not doing something wrong.

Each program has its own requirement for supporting documents. It's possible Meng doest require CV and statement of intent.

I don't think you're doing something wrong buh ensure to check your departmental website thoroughly in order to be properly guided.

CHECK YOUR PROGRAM DEPARTMENTAL WEBSITE.

if possible contact a current student or an alumi to guide you.

Which University sef? Like someone suggested, try u of Ottawa.

I am not trying to discourage you, however that your GPA is quite low.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2016
yemdogg:

Each program has its own requirement for supporting documents. It's possible Meng doest require CV and statement of intent.

I don't think you're doing something wrong buh ensure to check your departmental website thoroughly in order to be properly guided.

CHECK YOUR PROGRAM DEPARTMENTAL WEBSITE.

if possible contact a current student or an alumi to guide you.

Which University sef? Like someone suggested, try u of Ottawa.

I am not trying to discourage you, however that your GPA is quite low.

My cgpa isn't 2.2 . It is 3.05/5 . Want to try uottawa. You think the cgpa is too low for Uottawa? I also have more than 8 years post study experience in Civil engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2016
Avalon316:

Check this link bro.
http://www.uottawa.ca/graduate-studies/future-students/apply/specific-requirements?Org=MCG

You need 2 recommendation letters

CV/Résumé

Preference form

For u of Ottawa.

In the alternative you can contact your program coordinator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.