Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1004968 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 8:24am On Jun 18, 2016
So I decided to share this, maybe this will give us a clear picture of the CBN's policy

THE COMMON MAN’S GUIDE TO THE NEW FOREX POLICY, AS EXPLAINED BY A LOCAL BUTCHER

The Governor of Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, on the 15th of June announced a new foreign exchange policy called the “Automatic exchange mechanism of the exchange rate”. In simple terms, they are floating the Naira, which is a lot like throwing a floater into a swimming pool and not touching it, but allowing the movement of the water and the breeze decide where it goes. We tried to explain what the new forex policy means through the eyes of a local butcher, let us call him Forestus. Forestus buys cows, butchers them and sells to customers. But recently, the abattoir management decided that they want to make sure meat does not become expensive, so they decided to peg the price. Now the abattoir management is selling 10 cows per day, at a reduced price. This might sound like a good thing but those 10 cows are not enough for everyone. So scarcity ensues. Forestus decides to buy cows from another place. Some people that have up to 1000 cows start bringing them to the next compound to sell. Let us call that compound the BDC cattle market. But Abattoir with their I-too-know is saying that Forestus must sell at the price lower than he bought it. Forestus is like, you know what? So he just starts to give his meat to his wife to gjo and be selling to her friends at the ministry. So as they are watching AfricaMagic Yoruba and not doing any work, she’ll just be saying “I have meat for sale oh!” But you see, this thing abattoir is doing ehn!, the suvvring is too mush. No meat for butchers to sell. No meat for people to buy and use to eat jollof rice or egusi soup. This is the problem now; BDC has cow, but it is expensive. Abattoir doesn’t have enough cows, but it is cheap. After one year, the abattoir manager, Chief Godwin just says, “This thing is making people suffer sha.” So he listens to what abattoir people have been saying. Chief Godwin decides that he is going to take his hands off the price of cow to an extent, and let everybody start buying and selling as they like. When we asked Forestus what he thinks about this, he goes. Now everybody in BDC compound has moved back to the main abattoir. So much cows to sell.
But you see, these cow sellers did not reduce the price of their animals. Shakara. But if Forestus wants to buy cow from Danladi who pegs his price at 100 thousand, and Balarabe in the next stall says it is 90 thousand, who will he buy from? Balarbe of course. Nobody will tell Danladi before he will know that he is supposed to reduce the price of his cows. Unless he doesn’t have sense. Very soon, all the cow sellers will abandon shakara, and since there are plenty cows and plenty options, the price of cow will have to reduce. And everybody can cook soup in peace. Just like tomato; when it was plenty in the market, 5 plums sold for 100 Naira. But when it became scarce, 5 plums became 600 naira.
Forestus is not an economist, but he knows that the higher the supply of meat, the lower the price. Excess meat in the market, lower prices.
Excess forex in the market, stronger buying power of the Naira. It might not be instant, but it will happen eventually. #Copied# Hope this helped.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2016
@Giov....thanks for the simple explanation but don't you think balarabe, danladi, and may be Chukwuma, chukwudi, suraju, and taofik may join them and form like a secret union and still peg the price to maximize their profit, unless the abattior management still monitor them which might not work because most of the abbatior staff are involved in the business with the seller so they too want more profits..
Let just pray it works better

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2016
Chebe01:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the engaging forum!!

I've been offered admission to Waterloo for a PhD with guaranteed 4yrs funding (34k CAD per year). I am currently an academic staff with a uni in South Africa (where I obtained my masters degree in 2011). I applied for my study visa online and uploaded my admission letter, upfront medicals, police clearance, funding letter, my 6 month bank statement, and bank statements from my parents in naija. In my LOE, I indicated that the account statements from my parents was to indicate that they are willing and able to support me if the need arises ( my account statement and funding letter is sufficient IMO; my account balance is approx. 12k CAD).

I have been following the conversations on the forum and notice that people also submit their English proficiency test scores, masters certificate, pay slips, education evaluations (WES), etc. Should I send a case inquiry and submit these documents? I am already worried that the processing time in SA is ludicrous and wouldn't want my application to be unduly delayed.

I applied on the 11th of May, did my biometrics on the 6th of June. Biometrics status changed to "not needed at this time" but no other update as yet.

Pls what do you advice? Am I missing any crucial document?........when it comes to ties at home, it even gets more worrisome. My parents are in Nigeria, I have a permanent residency status in South Africa and also have a sister living here in SA with her family. I have two brothers in the US and another sister in Lagos. Will this prove to be a problem regarding my "ties to home country"?
As a PhD applicants, your chances of approval is 90%. My brother, you are good as getting the TRV. Most times, ties to one's homeland goes beyond parents and family affiliation. Your job is a strong tie to your homeland if you are still single. First and foremost, you are a faculty member and i guess you are tenured by now. So you don't have issues with tie to homeland.
I once have a similar problem like you. I did not attached my all educational degree and transcripts, police clearance, my birth and family members certificate, etc. I wrote to VAC Lagos, but was referred to write to VAC in Accra and also wrote to CIC using case specific form to explain the reason for not submitting all documents and also attached the unsubmitted documents to my letter. Within, two days was told they have received and attached same to my application. So you too can write to the VAC office through email. They will respond to you. Also use CIC case specific form to appeal and attach all documents.
Note: Not all University in Canada demands for English proficiency test for international students. For me, for instance, University of Alberta exclude Nigerians, Ghanaians, South Africans, etc., applicants with 2:1 are exempted from English proficiency exam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2016
lawmerchant:

Unfortunately, you're not allowed to submit additional documents after your application is filed. Its doubtful they will review any additional documents you submit through case inquiry.
Your view is not totally correct, I submitted additional documents to my application after two weeks of online submission and it was accepted by CIC. They even uploaded it to my application themselves

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ibeli: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2016
Hello good people of this remarkable forum and thanks for being so dedicated, I have being following this trend for a while now and I ve learnt a lot.. Am applying to St Claire college for September 2017 for a post graduate diploma pls I need more idea about the school and location is Windsor Ontario. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by maxsuccess: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2016
Hi house. I submitted my canada visit visa application on the 24th of may 2016. I just received a mail this morning that my processed passport is ready for collection on the 15th june 2016 at the Visa application centre. Does this mean my application was denied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Drajah(m): 11:18am On Jun 18, 2016
oggysena:

That's cool, Mehn!! They just granted me admission. How did yuh go about it, cuz right now am all blank.

I think it should be a conditional offer.....check the "Conditions and Confirmation of Acceptance" page, You will see what to submit... Then you have to scan it to the email that sent it to you or you should be given an email....plus there is a "Confirmation of Acceptance" below with a space for you to sign and scan, then send back to them to prove that you are interested, and it should be done within 3weeks......you go see everything for that page.....meanwhile this is my original login account, I was using my bro phone to browse before...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
@maxsuccess
You have 50 -50 chance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Buskod: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pls anyone in university of Guelph or heading there this fall? Urgent pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by greatlifeis89: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
maxsuccess:
Hi house. I submitted my canada visit visa application on the 24th of may 2016. I just received a mail this morning that my processed passport is ready for collection on the 15th june 2016 at the Visa application centre. Does this mean my application was denied?

Hello Maxsuccess, Please did you submit via online or paper route? I also submitted my application via paper route on may 24, 2016 at VFS Lekki Office but I didn't receive such email. Please update the house once you pick your passport. Lets keep trusting and believing in God bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Answeredprayers: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
maxsuccess:

Did you do upfront medicals?? If yes, were you requested to go for medicals or was you status updated to medicals passed. If yes also, then it may just mean that they want to give you your TRV. Were you asked for your passport??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 3:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Gastuso:

Your view is not totally correct, I submitted additional documents to my application after two weeks of online submission and it was accepted by CIC. They even uploaded it to my application themselves

please how did you do it? I really want to do the same
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
CassetteBoy:

please how did you do it? I really want to do the same
Which country did you submit your application? If it's Nigeria write to VAC through this mail address: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
You can also visit CIC site and you their case inquiry form to write them and also attach the necessary documents omitted. I hope this help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TeamSimple(m): 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Peace be unto everyone here.
Please how long does it take to process a TRV?
I applied since 19 February this year at the VFS center lekki. Till date(four months now) what I see from their website when I track is application number 12345678 still being processed at the visa office.
Is it normal or I should just forget about it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
@TeamSimple
That is almost 17 weeks were they call you for medical ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TeamSimple(m): 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
jj17cv:
@TeamSimple That is almost 17 weeks were they call you for medical ?
Not at all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheDreamChaser: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
TeamSimple:
Peace be unto everyone here.
Please how long does it take to process a TRV?
I applied since 19 February this year at the VFS center lekki. Till date(four months now) what I see from their website when I track is application number 12345678 still being processed at the visa office.
Is it normal or I should just forget about it?

I can't believe you wrote the bolded. Well here is what to do send a case specific enquiry to CIC https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
I just can't stop thanking God!!!! Just as I received confirmation from my school U of A that my tuition fee has entered my student account ( Tuition for two years as I learnt I can pay all at once), the next day I heard CBN has floated the Naira.

Thanking God I acted fast, also for my mum that was able to find someone in UBA to do the wire transfer for her in a week instead of the usual one month waiting time.

Now I can forget all things Naira and concentrate on Canadian Dollars grin

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Avalon316:

Hi, has your money be refunded. Fanshawe college, wrote that if I decide to change school ,I would forfeit as much as 2300 Canadian dollars plus administrative fees . That's huge amount of money. Did something like that apply to yours?

The college has asked for my bank account details and assured me they will pay next week. I paid 3750, they will keep 500 and refund 3250. But it's been longer than the 30 days stated on their refund policy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
@Teamsimple
Normal processing is 13 to 14 weeks you can file your case follow this link

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Gastuso:

Which country did you submit your application? If it's Nigeria write to VAC through this mail address: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
You can also visit CIC site and you their case inquiry form to write them and also attach the necessary documents omitted. I hope this help

thanks. but from CIC's site, it says I should use the case enquiry form only when the processing time has elapsed. Mine is currently 10wks not 13
for the email address, I messaged them before but they told me my application is in Nigeria not Ghana
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
maxsuccess:
may i ask? did you do upfront medical and did u get it passed? was ur passport requested if u applied online? or did u go via paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TeamSimple(m): 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
jj17cv:
@Teamsimple
Normal processing is 13 to 14 weeks you can file your case follow this link

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
So why are they telling me still being processed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by loriaidah(f): 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
University of New Brunswick just place me in the waiting list God. Hope they give the admission soon with this long process of visa application hope I meet the September resumption. Pls pray for us still waiting for admission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
loriaidah:
University of New Brunswick just place me in the waiting list God. Hope they give the admission soon with this long process of visa application hope I meet the September resumption. Pls pray for us still waiting for admission

New Brunswick and waitlist, I applied in the NBCC(New Brunswick community college) and I go wait listed, got all tensed up and all cuz September is so close in terms of visa. Applied at niagara college and got admitted 2days after, simply deferred my admission at NBCC to next seasion. I will advise you call the school so you know your place in the waitlist.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
markco6:
No, you don't need it.
OK tanks,pls how did you send your transcript? did you apply directly to centennial or through Ontario colleges.ca?.thanks very much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hi, what do u mean by CBN floated the naira? and how does that affect Canadian dollar?
Mizbaby:
I just can't stop thanking God!!!! Just as I received confirmation from my school U of A that my tuition fee has entered my student account ( Tuition for two years as I learnt I can pay all at once), the next day I heard CBN has floated the Naira.

Thanking God I acted fast, also for my mum that was able to find someone in UBA to do the wire transfer for her in a week instead of the usual one month waiting time.

Now I can forget all things Naira and concentrate on Canadian Dollars grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by secondborn: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Good evening house,
Please I need an advice on my application. Though I was refused in February for "purpose of study" as ticked. Meanwhile, my sponsor deposited some amount of money that should be enough through out my study before my first application. My sponsor is my brother and he has his cash at bank is over 10m and he has 2 rented buildings. My challenge is, I have re applied for another visa since April, with medicals passed but while waiting for my TRV, my brother just called me this evening that he will be needing the funds he transfered to my account and that he needs it urgently as early as Tuesday. Should I be worried about the decision of the VO considering the fact that the stipulated amount that is was initially quoted during my application has been transferred back to my brother.

Thanks as I hope for a response. Am to resume by September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by maxsuccess: 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
michV:
may i ask? did you do upfront medical and did u get it passed? was ur passport requested if u applied online? or did u go via paper route?
I submitted thru paper route. It was a visit visa application so doesnt require medicals.it took just 22days, thatz y am a bit skeptical about d outcome. Anyways, I will be at d visa centre to collect d passport by monday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
OGIYEN:
Hi, what do u mean by CBN floated the naira? and how does that affect Canadian dollar?

It means 1USD would no longer officially be 197 Naira. Rather the value of the Naira will now be determined by 'market forces'. So I would have paid more Naira for each Canadian dollar thereby increasing my tuition fee in Naira.

That's what it means.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
secondborn:
Good evening house,
Please I need an advice on my application. Though I was refused in February for "purpose of study" as ticked. Meanwhile, my sponsor deposited some amount of money that should be enough through out my study before my first application. My sponsor is my brother and he has his cash at bank is over 10m and he has 2 rented buildings. My challenge is, I have re applied for another visa since April, with medicals passed but while waiting for my TRV, my brother just called me this evening that he will be needing the funds he transfered to my account and that he needs it urgently as early as Tuesday. Should I be worried about the decision of the VO considering the fact that the stipulated amount that is was initially quoted during my application has been transferred back to my brother.

U already have medical passed on your second application. Does this means Dey didn't request for medicals and they transfered from d previous because it's not long u did it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
secondborn:
Good evening house,

I doubt they would know money left the acct. Just be hopeful. U could beg ur bro to wait a lil but if he can't hope for d best

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.