Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005138 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Drajah:

I think it should be a conditional offer.....check the "Conditions and Confirmation of Acceptance" page, You will see what to submit... Then you have to scan it to the email that sent it to you or you should be given an email....plus there is a "Confirmation of Acceptance" below with a space for you to sign and scan, then send back to them to prove that you are interested, and it should be done within 3weeks......you go see everything for that page.....meanwhile this is my original login account, I was using my bro phone to browse before...

Have not been able to post anything since yesterday, nairaland messed up a bit. Can I have your whatsapp number
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Infinity2020: 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Please don't be misled by anyone here. Nobody here is a VO. Stop complicating your application. For me the documents you submitted are very okay. You don't need too many documents to get a visa since you already have a full funding. Your stand a better chance of getting your visa if you believe. Allow it to flow and pray to God. They hardly deny PhD applicants.

Chebe01:

Thanks Gastuso

I will send a case specific inquiry with most of the documents attached. I had to send through my TOEFL to Waterloo when I applied so I didn't reckon that I will need it as a visa application document. I am not yet tenured here but I have been with academia for 4 years and I have a permanent residency here in SA. Thanks again!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Peacemaker101: 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Peacemaker101:
[color=#006600][/color]Hi all,
I need urgent assistance/ guidance.
I completed a bachelor's degree in economics in Nigeria here last year,
I'm interested in going for another bachelor's degree in actuarial science in canada this fall(September ),
I have gained conditional admission to western Ontario university
I have gathered all documents necessary,
but I'm having a problem drafting a convincing SOP,
I have intentions of submitting my application this week
Pls anyone who has been in similar situation or knows about.

Thank you

P.s the condition is to send my transcript to WES for evaluation but they are still awaiting verification from my previous school.

Thank you

Anyone? ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
Do they call the bank to verify?
oyeleye22:

I doubt they would know money left the acct. Just be hopeful. U could beg ur bro to wait a lil but if he can't hope for d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iamshuga: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Not needed at this time means they do not need that document at that moment....
so, either u hv already submitted the document n it's still under review.
Or, they ar yet to request for that document.
If they need any document, u will be informed by CIC.... so, no worries, relax ur mind.
Whatever u submit to Vfs is sure to get to CIC..
No doubts.
Tho, I stand to be corrected by someone with different experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Oh,OK,but Canadian dollar is diff na Abi?
Mizbaby:

It means 1USD would no longer officially be 197 Naira. Rather the value of the Naira will now be determined by 'market forces'. So I would have paid more Naira for each Canadian dollar thereby increasing my tuition fee in Naira.

That's what it means.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pls I want to apply to centennial college for global business management,pls what do I need ,pls asap,I have a bachelor degree in bus admin and a working experience of 5yrs in a telecom.
nkemgrace:

Paid my fees already. Did it at Zenith bank using a FORM A. Centennial College would send you the payment methods alongside the admission letter which you would find in the welcome package. PEER TRANSFER is one of the payment method, but it seems a little bit clumsy, so I would advise you pay your tuition using FORM A at the designated bank of your choice. I hope that helps. If you need further clarification, I would be willing to assist within my limits. Over and out!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nkemgrace: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
OGIYEN:
Pls I want to apply to centennial college for global business management,pls what do I need ,pls asap,I have a bachelor degree in bus admin and a working experience of 5yrs in a telecom.

Your best bet would be accessing the college's website. Look out for the requirements in your desired field of study. Be sure to check out the useful dates of your desired course. Fill the online application form and submit all supporting documents as requested. Just before you apply, be sure to have documents like your WAEC certificate, detailed curriculum Vitae (cv), recent university transcript, functional email address et al. I hope this helps

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Mizbaby:
I just can't stop thanking God!!!! Just as I received confirmation from my school U of A that my tuition fee has entered my student account ( Tuition for two years as I learnt I can pay all at once), the next day I heard CBN has floated the Naira.

Thanking God I acted fast, also for my mum that was able to find someone in UBA to do the wire transfer for her in a week instead of the usual one month waiting time.

Now I can forget all things Naira and concentrate on Canadian Dollars grin

That was a right move you made. I paid 87% of my tuition but I wish I paid all. Dollar- naira rate won't be favourable in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
OK,thanks,pls how did you send your transcript for evaluation?
nkemgrace:

Your best bet would be accessing the college's website. Look out for the requirements in your desired field of study. Be sure to check out the useful dates of your desired course. Fill the online application form and submit all supporting documents as requested. Just before you apply, be sure to have documents like your WAEC certificate, detailed curriculum Vitae (cv), recent university transcript, functional email address et al. I hope this helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
OGIYEN:
Oh,OK,but Canadian dollar is diff na Abi?
@ black market,dollar is 330-340 as at today,I was informed by the aboki that is 370-390 before....no qualms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iamshuga: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
A friend of mine reapplied for study permit.
unfortunately, he didn't upload his previous upfront medical form (medical test was January 2016).
He is asking if he can send d form across with his UMI # or upload it whenever he is called for medicals.

Or he has to go for another test?
Can someone help out please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SmithHumble50: 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
Happy Sunday My People,

Has anyone submitted an SOWP application recently

I hope to submit mine dis week or so..

I noticed a new form has been added to the list Just May 2016..
Amongst the new Stuffs...

1.We have to submit Originals of supporting Documents...( Dis wont be a problem for me)
2. One must not go for upfront medicals... (I have done my Upfront Medicals since April)
3. U should provide all Birth Certificates of ur family... (tho i know people do dis without been asked).
4. We may attend INTERVIEWS shocked cool cheesy wink (I am sha ready either ways)

Attached are snap shots of the Pages..

Has anyone submitted recently.. pls tell me how it went!

Thanks!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Rickywowoz:
University of British Columbia

Has university of British Columbia given you admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
modulus30:
greetings good people. Please I applied for TRV on 10th June via online, was sent a mail requesting for biometrics which I did on 13th June being Monday at VAC Lagos. I checked my CIC account for update the next day being 14th June only to see biometrics not presently needed. It was showing biometrics needed as at when the letter for biometrics request was sent. Please any help on this. could it be they have received my biometrics or not. I submitted all documents needed. I am worried people please gurus in da house help.....

It has been received.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
SmithHumble50:
Happy Sunday My People,

1.We have to submit Originals of supporting Documents...( Dis wont be a problem for me)
2. One must not go for upfront medicals... (I have done my Upfront Medicals since April)
3. U should provide all Birth Certificates of ur family... (tho i know people do dis without been asked).
4. We may attend INTERVIEWS shocked cool cheesy wink (I am sha ready either ways)

Thanks!

Are you joking or you wan chop slaps? tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Graviton2:

It has been received.

Hey man,how is Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SmithHumble50: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
How will i be joking angry
U no see d Shots I Attached

iykedare:

Are you joking or you wan chop slaps? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
iykedare:

Hey man,how is Canada?

I'm actually still in Nigeria for a few more weeks. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Peacemaker101:
[color=#006600][/color]Hi all,
I need urgent assistance/ guidance.
I completed a bachelor's degree in economics in Nigeria here last year,
I'm interested in going for another bachelor's degree in actuarial science in canada this fall(September ),
I have gained conditional admission to western Ontario university
I have gathered all documents necessary,
but I'm having a problem drafting a convincing SOP,
I have intentions of submitting my application this week
Pls anyone who has been in similar situation or knows about.

Thank you

P.s the condition is to send my transcript to WES for evaluation but they are still awaiting verification from my previous school.

Thank you

There's no particular line of inquiry in your post. What exactly do you need? Help with your SOP?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OTUNBACODED: 12:50am On Jun 20, 2016
errandonline:
Hi all I uploaded the medical results I did for my denied application last july for a new application I did this march.Igot a mail from CIC request for medical.I just forwarded the old medical on the premise that its valid for a year.
I did not receive a response aside the auto generated email.do i still wait or do another medical.I am worried about the silence

pls @errandonline , what date in March did u submit ur application and when did u receive the medical request mail Nd also what route, paper or online?? thanks as u answer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jenypha15: 1:31am On Jun 20, 2016
pls am new here been reading all the comments.... i applied viu since April the respond that the will get back to me before June 24...
the problem is since the usually send our passport to Ghana and I did my bsc in Ghana can i just go back and process it over their or the won't let me because am not a citizen... pls which is better becos my admission is either Sept or next yr Jan.... thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mikel88: 1:41am On Jun 20, 2016
Hello house, please I need your advise on this issue. I have been refused study visa for 3 times now latest being last month (may) and I don't want to reapply again. Now I have my fiance in Canada on a 2 years study permit (November 2015- November 2017) she want to come home this august or December for our wedding my question is can I apply using spouse open work permit ?
Won't it look like a red flag or not? Please advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 3:07am On Jun 20, 2016
mikel88:
Hello house, please I need your advise on this issue. I have been refused study visa for 3 times now latest being last month (may) and I don't want to reapply again. Now I have my fiance in Canada on a 2 years study permit (November 2015- November 2017) she want to come home this august or December for our wedding my question is can I apply using spouse open work permit ?
Won't it look like a red flag or not? Please advice.

Hi mikel88, sorry about your ordeal. Do you remember that concern I told you about the last time we spoke on the phone? I think that was in your second application. I felt strongly that was the issue because every other thing about your application looked okay. If your sponsor is based in the UK why don't you want to study in the UK, why Canada? I think that's a question the VO will wonder about, hence the purpose of visit issue. Did you try to get your gcms file? Anyway the open work permit is a good idea, but I think you should give it some time, maybe six months to a year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 5:41am On Jun 20, 2016
And for all of us awaiting the Medicals Mail this week, It is Well.IJN

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rickywowoz: 5:46am On Jun 20, 2016
iykedare:

Has university of British Columbia given you admission?
NO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2016
Amen Ooooooo brother.
jj17cv:
And for all of us awaiting the Medicals Mail this week, It is Well.IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ivycole: 8:41am On Jun 20, 2016
please has anyone gotten admission from Vancouver island university? For MBA/Msc International management.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ivycole: 8:44am On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=jenypha15 post=46735432]pls am new here been reading all the comments.... i applied viu since April the respond that the will get back to me before June 24...
the problem is since the usually send our passport to Ghana and I did my bsc in Ghana can i just go back and process it over their or the won't let me because am not a citizen... pls which is better becos my admission is either Sept or next
VIU admission is really taking forever, I applied since April too and they said they will get back to me before July 22nd. Still waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=Will83 post=45912975][/quote]

Have u heard from them yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ONUJE: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Good people, I'm new to this forum. Would like to ask some questions.
1) I applied to memorial uni, for Msc in environmental policy since may, and not still heard from them, how long before they respond? I have 3.5cgpa in Bsc, 10years work experience in banking, what's the possibility of them giving me a positive response.
2) I want my wife and two kids below 10 years to accompany me, my POF is about 6m.
Will appreciate your honest opinion, thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2016
So the original documents they required does it mean that is going to b paper route?
SmithHumble50:
Happy Sunday My People,

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.