Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005059 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
yemdogg:

Lol
Where you see GHANSTAR?
Abi shey na Ghangster grin

grin grin grin ... Ghangster supose receive VIP treatment oo , make Visa Officer Kofi just hurry up oo..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 5:49am On Jul 15, 2016
obinnane:
Good afternoon all, I am back again here since end of May 2016..I submitted online route since 28th May, 2016. I haven't got any mail from CIC regarding medicals or any other information..Should I be worried since Its not up to 2 months yet?. Is it possible to do upfront medicals in any CIC designated hospital?. Is there anyone who submitted online route at same time who has been called for medicals?. Any thing I could do to speed up the process as school is due to start at September 1st 2016.

Thank you all for the anticipated feedback.
submitted may 26, had same ish. I had to link my account before I started getting notifications
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 5:52am On Jul 15, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
pls is advanced diploma also known as PGD.
no Sir, advance diploma is advance diploma. PGD is Post graduate Diploma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriff712(m): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2016
jargo192:
Its clear that CIC does not wanna give Visas to PGD OR PGC Applicants except in exceptional cases. Well I have been rejected too and am not reapplying. I had a BSC in computer Science and have tons of IT certs. Applied for a PGD and i got denied 2ce for personal reasons.

I gathered myself together and luckily landed an IT role in SA and have processed my work permit and am leaving later in July. To those waiting on canada for greener pastures good luck. I have wasted almost 2 years of my life chasing the CANADIAN dream. my advice if you have been denied do not waste more time. Just move on with your life.

Also pls am trying to get my 14k back from my school, they are yarning me super story to tell the CIC to email them that am not reapplying? who dem epp? when i needed their help they didnt help me to prove to the CIC why i need their visa.

well i have emailed lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca they replied me in 20 minutes and said i should email accra.immigration@international.gc.ca as they are the ones in charge of student visa issues. I followed instruction and emailed them.

I have emailed them since friday no response. I have called their office no reply.

Please abeg without this so called letter Fanshawe say dem no go process my 14k$ refund. My 14k na good money to carry along as i dey relocate abeg.

Abeg how else can i contact this accra embassy.

any idea would be useful.

cheers to all prospective TRV!

Bro @jargo192try and attach the refusal letter to a new mail requesting for the refund and send it to the school. The schools always need a proof of visa denial before they process your refund.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by edogasz: 6:57am On Jul 15, 2016
Good morning guys

Please is there anyone here who applied via paper route in march or early April who have not heard from CIC. It's a PGD application and It's been a mammoth 14weeks since I applied and no update from them yet. Re Applied on the 31st of march. After denial last year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by leemond(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2016
Mine is 13weeks today applied April 15 paper route no upfront medical....no update yet am not bother or worry about it...I just know it is settle already bcus I so much believe it must surely end in praise...
edogasz:
Good morning guys

Please is there anyone here who applied via paper route in march or early April who have not heard from CIC. It's a PGD application and It's been a mammoth 14weeks since I applied and no update from them yet. Re Applied on the 31st of march. After denial last year

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2016
This Yemdog,na bad guy
yemdogg:

So you're one of those bloody civilians going for PGC grin

Bros have you ever considered studying in North Korea, I learnt they have good immigration policies grin

Their PhD in nuclear/atomic bomb development is of no match. There's even full scholarship for Nigerians. grin

As an international student in North Korea, they will subsidise nuclear weapons for you..... So you can plot your revenge on canny grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 9:34am On Jul 15, 2016
edogasz:
Good morning guys

Have you tracked your application or linked it online? Are you sure your passport has not been sent to VFS already. If you are sure send a mail to accra.immigratio@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 9:35am On Jul 15, 2016
CassetteBoy:
[/b]Praise The Lord everyone!
I got my medical mail some minutes back.
Points to note:
1. Humans are insatiable. For very long I was worried of being delayed cos my app is 13+wks. Currently I'm worried of how long my medical would take before the embassy receive it and ask for my passport. Am I serious at all?

2. Applications are being attended to at random. When apps come in, they are shared amongst attendants/VO's apparently. Each VO has his/her own efficiency rate. You may submit before someone but that person would get medical/approval before you cos of the speed difference between your attendant and his. We should stop worrying and start praying for the specific attendants on our cases for God-speed.

3. Everything has it's time. When this thread was still young, online route was exceptionally the best. Currently paper route is leading the pack. I don't know the reason for this, but I'll personally advice upcoming applicants to use the paper route for swiftness. Who knows, online route may rise again next year, as everything has it's time...just monitor the trend of your time.

4. Do upfront medicals. If you know you are really sure of coming to Canada. That is, even if they delay you once/twice you will still try again aka Canada is do-or-die. DO UPFRONT MEDICALS BEFORE APPLYING. Currently I am trying to do my medicals cos I didn't know this before hand. If not for medicals, today would have been my passport request. I bless my God still, at all at all na e bad pass.

That being said, please I need expert advice regarding my medicals @thesoj, @Onyeoma3, @Siga, @justwise, @daveboiz and any other helpful individual

Where do I go?
Children's practice: 8-10am tomorrow
Deliver to embassy within 7 working days

IOM Ikeja: 8am next week Monday
Delivers to embassy within 2 working days

Q-life: Only available next week Thursday

This medical mail came on Thursday. I get the research was not sound.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Multispanzy: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2016
Hello guys in the house, Please help me suggest a style of letter that my Dad could issue for me to support my visa application. I have all my documents ready, am sponsoring myself and i have enough funds to cover my tuition and living cost. Am going for PGC and i have m study leave already. My Dad is a permanent Secretary in my state and i feel his input in form of letter will be advantage to my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Folafetty: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2016
o2:

Have you tracked your application or linked it online? Are you sure your passport has not been sent to VFS already. If you are sure send a mail to accra.immigratio@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Folafetty: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2016
edogasz:
Good morning guys

Welldone to the click sis
16 weeks and not even a word from them...they are so mean haba, I have sent a mail to them 2 weeks ago, just the electronic response any way i might have to go their office next week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by chiefolotu(m): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=CSSPATRICK post=47154191]

Hello. Please i'm putting in an application at humber college. Please i will like to get some information on the online application please. Is there a way i can message you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by chiefolotu(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2016
Hello house. Any one recently applied at humber? Please i need information on documents you attached with the online application before submission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2016
bjmme:
This Yemdog,na bad guy

Baba nla.......I no be bad guy o grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriff712(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2016
o2:

This medical mail came on Thursday. I get the research was not sound.

Oga go and check the post again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriff712(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2016
Multispanzy:
Hello guys in the house, Please help me suggest a style of letter that my Dad could issue for me to support my visa application. I have all my documents ready, am sponsoring myself and i have enough funds to cover my tuition and living cost. Am going for PGC and i have m study leave already. My Dad is a permanent Secretary in my state and i feel his input in form of letter will be advantage to my application.

You can get a consent letter from him
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by elebochibueze(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2016
I want to know what I wil do because I just submitted my application for study permit on 13th July and my school is to resume on 10th of September, so I was advise to defer my offer letter to January... Plsss advice me on wht to do....
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2016
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by elebochibueze(m): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2016
Plss house when is humber college resuming for January session
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abmendozer(m): 11:48am On Jul 15, 2016
datkoded:
no Sir, advance diploma is advance diploma. PGD is Post graduate Diploma
what about post graduate program? Is it the same as pgd?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tyteelophe(f): 11:53am On Jul 15, 2016
Hello All,
I have been a silent follower since Part 8 even though I didn't register until May 2016.I promised to give my testimony as soon as my Visa got approved.
Here is my Timeline:
I applied via paper route on "THURSDAY" April 7th 2016.
I linked my application to an Online account on the 25th of May 2016.
My medical call came in on "THURSDAY" 23rd of June 2016. the 11th week.
I did my Medicals on "MONDAY" 27th of June 2016.
I logged into my CIC account on "WEDNESDAY" 29th of June 2016 and I saw medicals passed, although the CIC update didn't come until "THURSDAY" 30th of June 2016.
On "WEDNESDAY" 6th of July 2016. My CIC Correspondence Letter (APPROVAL) came.
I picked up my passport today "FRIDAY" 15th of July 2016.
The total processing time was exactly 12 weeks and 6 days.(13 weeks)

PROGRAM - MBA (UNB)

I submitted the following documents:
Document checklist for a study permit (IMM 5483E)
Study permit form (IMM 1294E)
Family Information form (IMM 5645E)
Fee receipt at Visa Application Centre (VAC)
1 Photocopy of International Passport Information page
2 passport Photographs (signed & dated)
Letter of Acceptance & Official fee Schedule – Original & 1 photocopy

Proof of Financial Support
Part Payment Tuition receipts (CAD1,000 & CAD 8,167)
Affidavit of Sponsorship
Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration documents to show that the business is owned solely by my Mother and her 3 kids.
My Sponsors (MOTHER) statement of account (6 months history) Balance of N2.05 Million, Total Credit of N38.8 Million and Total debit of N37.07Million (Private Business account)
My Sponsors Reference letter & Investment letter (Fixed deposit of Five Million Naira N5, 000,000.00)
My Sponsors 6 months Bank of America (E- Statement) Less than USD1,000 Balance
Land use documents to show the approximate property value

ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY REGIONAL (LAGOS) VISA OFFICE.
Document checklist Lagos Visa Office (IMM 5832E)
Study Permit Questionnaire. (IMM 5832E)
Statement of Purpose for a study permit
Temporary Resident Visa form (IMM 5257E)
2 passports
International Passport (New & Previous)- Travel History as far back as 2001

Academic Documents
Transcripts - 1 photocopy
B.Sc. Certificate- 1 photocopy (Second Class Upper)
WAEC Result - 1 photocopy
International Strategic Management Institute - 1 photocopy
CIS Professional Diploma -1 photocopy
NYSC certificate - 1 photocopy
Photocopy of police clearance
Notarized letter of sponsorship
Proof of employment
Introduction letter from current employer
Payslips (Last 3 Months)
Employment Letters
C.V
Birth Certificates for all my siblings
Death Certificate for my Father

I want to thank God and everyone on Nairaland for your contributions.
Success to all TRV hopefuls. Believe in God He will definitely answer your prayers.

Cheers.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hi..when a person passes his medical and receives a passport submission request, what does it mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Tyteelophe:
Hello All,
I have been a silent follower since Part 8 even though I didn't register until May 2016.I promised to give my testimony as soon as my Visa got approved.
Here is my Timeline:
I logged into my CIC account on "WEDNESDAY" 29th of June 2016 and I saw medicals passed, although the CIC update didn't come until "THURSDAY" 30th of June 2016.

PROGRAM - MBA (UNB)

Affidavit of Sponsorship
Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration documents to show that the business is owned solely by my Mother and her 3 kids.
My Sponsors (MOTHER) statement of account (6 months history) Balance of N2.05 Million, Total Credit of N38.8 Million and Total debit of N37.07Million (Private Business account)
My Sponsors Reference letter & Investment letter (Fixed deposit of Five Million Naira N5, 000,000.00)

2 passports

Academic Documents
Proof of employment
Payslips (Last 3 Months)
Employment Letters
C.V

Success to all TRV hopefuls. Believe in God He will definitely answer your prayers.

Cheers.

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
Congratulations,may God help us all
Tyteelophe:
Hello All,
Here is my Timeline:

PROGRAM - MBA (UNB)

Affidavit of Sponsorship

2 passports

Academic Documents
Proof of employment
Payslips (Last 3 Months)
Employment Letters
C.V

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
[quote author=Isdeewhy post=47548412][/quote]hello bro I rili nid ur advice on dis since we are both heading to same college (lambton)
My resumption date is 29th August hv bin called for medical nd wen I linked it showed medical passed.
My question goes like dis : what will u advice me to do if I don't hear frm cic even after my resumption date commerce(God forbid sha) by any way I nid to have a plan b?
Ur respond is urgently needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bmdacutie:
Hi..when a person passes his medical and receives a passport submission request, what does it mean?
Congratulations you trv has been approved

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mrturiz555:
hello bro I rili nid ur advice on dis since we are both heading to same college (lambton)
My resumption date is 29th August hv bin called for medical nd wen I linked it showed medical passed.
My question goes like dis : what will u advice me to do if I don't hear frm cic even after my resumption date commerce(God forbid sha) by any way I nid to have a plan b?
Ur respond is urgently needed

bro when did you apply ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
abmendozer:

what about post graduate program? Is it the same as pgd?
post graduate program is all programs after bsc. Pgd MSC PhD etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
elebochibueze:
Plss house when is humber college resuming for January session

Can you please go to Humber website and check and confirm for yourself? You want to take the word of someone on this forum as final? What if the person gives you a wrong answer? You are making a serious life decison based on hearsay. The person who will tell you about Humber resumption, do they work at Humber. Even if they are schooling there, they may not be up to date or correct.

My advise, please visit school sites for info on things like this.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bmdacutie:
Means you should start shopping for flight ticket to Canada smiley
Congratulations in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
datkoded:
post graduate program is all programs after bsc. Pgd MSC PhD etc
In Canada, these are actually called Graduate programs NOT Post Graduate programs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.