Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005049 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=faroukfahima post=48033469]

Check Ethiopian Airlines [/quote

I booked Emirates for 964k return ticket
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by luckyprince(m): 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
how much did you pay for your medicals please?

Dannylng:
Omg wonders shall never seize

My friend applied on 22 June (online)
did biometric 23 June
medicals last week
passport request July 27th
Approval mail Today

I applied 27th June (upfront medical)(Paper route)
Medical passed today
still praying for approval mail. my testimony is on the way

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by toboy: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
easyxtan:
This is real CHANGE....The cheapest flight to my destination nanaimo in Vancouver is #1,060,000 Lufthansa grin grin na economic oooo No be say na first class grin grin grin Where else can i find cheap flight
I am not sure. I think due to the current Naira Issues, people now book their tickets through Canadian travel agencies here in Canada and then forward the tickets to the person in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=meekmk post=48034074][/quote]

Ethopia is around 700k when I checked this evening
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
toboy:

I am not sure. I think due to the current Naira Issues, people now book their tickets through Canadian travel agencies here in Canada and then forward the tickets to the person in Nigeria.

How does that works bro?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by modulus30: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nawaaa for CIC ooo. its been almost 8 weeks now no medical call, nothing at all. Please my fellow brothers, I sujest that those of us that applied with PGD/PGC should come together and find possible solution to this delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by easyxtan: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=meekmk post=48034074][/quote]

No African airline is going to my destination ( Vancouver Island )not even emirate....only major European airline, that why it very expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phummzi: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good Evening, i need people's advise on how to apply for Canadian student visa. my Hubby is the one applying for the visa he has gotten his offer letter from the school. it is left for us to apply for the visa and school will be resuming by September. what documents do we need to provide so that he will not be denied? For the Sponsorship letter i need someone to put me through on how to go about it. I was also told that i can apply with him how true is it? Hope they will not think both of us are trying to elope? Someone should put me through please.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
luckyprince:
how much did you pay for your medicals please?

30k in phc

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
andre99:
No justification from cic for delaying pgc applicants, @dannylng I'm sure ur friend applied for a masters degree program, approximately 5wks. Smh.

yes Masters of Applied Science
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
phummzi:
Good Evening, i need people's advise on how to apply for Canadian student visa. my Hubby is the one applying for the visa he has gotten his offer letter from the school. it is left for us to apply for the visa and school will be resuming by September. what documents do we need to provide so that he will not be denied? For the Sponsorship letter i need someone to put me through on how to go about it. I was also told that i can apply with him how true is it? Hope they will not think both of us are trying to elope? Someone should put me through please.
Thanks.
Madame,the issue now is you have not started packaging/concluded his application for submission and month of August starts Monday while resumption of schools is September.the probability in anticipation for him to meet up for September isn't likely there but you can file the application for submission if he gets approved any time,he can defer his program to January. Don't apply with him now cos u r his HOME TIE grin u can apply when he gets approved and in canada.then your can apply for SOWP..though some have applied together and were successful..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
easyxtan:
This is real CHANGE....The cheapest flight to my destination nanaimo in Vancouver is #1,060,000 Lufthansa grin grin na economic oooo No be say na first class grin grin grin Where else can i find cheap flight

Baba, I just tire...those airlines just dey strong face, person sha no go use camel waka na? Smh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
toboy:

Bruh, abeg how far this way na?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
Dannylng:
Omg wonders shall never seize

My friend applied on 22 June (online)
did biometric 23 June
medicals last week
passport request July 27th
Approval mail Today

I applied 27th June (upfront medical)(Paper route)
Medical passed today
still praying for approval mail. my testimony is on the way

I'm just going to go right ahead and assume there's more to this application process than we're aware of. 5 freaking weeks? Lol crazy!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
ziggy3579:
Perfect, let's ask dem questions politely pls, and don't forget to mention where u re applying from,wat level of program u re applying for (PGD/PGC) and pls don't provide any personal info unless u re asked to.

@ziggy i applied for Information Technology Business analysis (PGC) at Cambrian College my first degree was in Computer science with 3 years
experiences as an IT project manager.

I submitted on the 3rd of June and still waiting for medical mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
We re in d same boat madam cheesy, there's Notin we can do dan to stay hopeful nd keep praying to God. All o
MsLee:

@ziggy i applied for Information Technology Business analysis (PGC) at Cambrian College my first degree was in Computer science with 3 years
experiences as an IT project manager.
I submitted on the 3rd of June and still waiting for medical mail
f us go testify soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
God breaks protocols.

overtlyderanged:

I'm just going to go right ahead and assume there's more to this application process than we're aware of. 5 freaking weeks? Lol crazy!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Can all PGC/PGD "awaitees" on this thread and some masters too who are interested converge at Murtala Mohammed int'l airport on monday lets board a flight grouply for a solidarity match to Canadian Embassy of Accra Ghana to pour out our hearts about our applications..

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
michV:
Can all PGC/PGD "awaitees" on this thread and some masters too who are interested converge at Murtala Mohammed int'l airport on monday lets board a flight grouply for a solidarity match to Canadian Embassy of Accra Ghana to pour out our hearts about our applications..

who's gonn buy 'em Tix bruh ?? , ABC transport nai sure pass oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
michV:

Lol...michv himself.

Para mode activated cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Carter001:

who's gonn buy 'em Tix bruh ?? , ABC transport nai sire pass oo
nice suggestions, ABC!..since they made their sitting arrangements 3 sitters,we will sit 4 on each seat row,how u see am?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
yemdogg:

Lol...michv himself.
Para mode activated cheesy grin
my nigga! Para mood suppose hot now oo! Monday na August 1st, my school resumes sept 6th..just imagine! The disturbing issue is that they don't want to let us know why this delays either via CIC website or via their twitter handle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
easyxtan:

No African airline is going to my destination ( Vancouver Island )not even emirate....only major European airline, that why it very expensive

Don't u have anyone in Canada?

They should book d flight for you..

U should not spend up to 300k..

Just credit the person's Nigerian account with the equivalent he used in booking for you..

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
michV:
nice suggestions, ABC!..since they made their sitting arrangements 3 sitters,we will sit 4 on each seat row,how u see am?

maybe a lawyer should represent us , mbok @yemdogg Na you be our Rawyer , help us petition der fadas for Ghana...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
Carter001:

maybe a lawyer should represent us , mbok @yemdogg Na you be our Rawyer , help us petition der fadas for Ghana...
yea @yemdogg should be our mouth piece for the peaceful protest,i have another lawyer acquaintance here but she pleaded i shouldn't call her out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
michV:

Lool you wan hijack plane go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
michV:
yea @yemdogg should be our mouth piece for the peaceful protest,i have another lawyer acquaintance here but she pleaded i shouldn't call her out

still don't know why they are delaying PGC/PGD applicants this year, bro part 9 was full of TRV testimonies , many of which were PGC oo..
+ i don't think its because the volume of applications received is too much for them too handle cos.....there's this other forum for international students applying to Canadian skls , the threads are full of Indians and they keep posting TRV success stories erryday...wish ours could be like that....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
faroukfahima:

Ethopia is around 700k when I checked this evening

I love Emirates no. The comfort isn't under hyped I tell you.. And since I'm going to be flying for about 24 hours straight. I would like to at least be comfortable and that's why Emirates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
easyxtan:

Vancouver island should be in Vancouver na shey? Or at least Clair. I'm not headed to Vancouver either I'm headed to abbots ford. I would have to take a taxi for 200$ to my school from the airport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by manchester92: 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Pls I trying to download the forms.. I want to apply for paper route.. Am i to fill the questionaire too? Also its not ticking when im ticking it so pls help a brother.. Thank you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Carter001:

still don't know why they are delaying PGC/PGD applicants this year, bro part 9 was full of TRV testimonies , many of which were PGC oo..
+ i don't think its because the volume of applications received is too much for them too handle cos.....there's this other forum for international students applying to Canadian skls , the threads are full of Indians and they keep posting TRV success stories erryday...wish ours could be like that....
indirectly you wan tell me say na Indian ladies go full my classroom? #sigh.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
@Justwise. Please my people, I need your help and advise. I submitted my application with an upfront medicals and after 3 weeks i got a medical mail on the 23rd of June. I was advised by some people here to attach the upfront medical form and send to accraimmigration@international.gc.ca which i did on the 24th june and since then i have been sending mails to Accra immigration to see if they have received my Medical form and yet no reply. I linked my application online on the 29th of July, only to see that "my Medical is still required" which means the mail i sent to them has not been acted upon. Please how do i tackle this problem because this wait is killing me. I could have gone to Ghana but it's paper route and i submitted it with my passport, I don't think there's a way i could cross the border without my passport. Please @thesoj, @michV et al please i need your inputs

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.