Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005341 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by burrytee(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
why were u delayed in ur first application
Purpose, home tie, personal fund,trv history...dey sha put wetin dem like. V.O treated my app in a rush I can see there lapses on the gcms.
y wud they say I choose "any designated institution " under program of study wey b say it was bolded stated on CIC form. am sure they concluded because of it. anyhw have accepted my faith.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayobamimoses07: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
hello great people in the house. please for someone who is a nigerian and legally resident in the US, what platform can he use to relocate to canada ? thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by burrytee(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
kisstaye:

if it's for an msc app I would suggest September ending or beginning of october. VO has much less app to deal with then.
am for Jan intake PGD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by badtsharpguy: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Please forgive my typos in my last post.

This Auto text dry Koba sometimes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
krissein:

Yes... Alagbon
pls more details on d address, how much do they charge?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ebi01(f): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
ebi01:
Hi. This is my first time commenting
on this thread even though I have been following for a while. I can't seem to link my online profile to my paper account successfully
has this happened to any one?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cayordey007: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Please did u get a notification to check your account or you just decided to check?

uvagho:
my
application is 16weeks and they just updated my biometrics to 'not needed at this time " just yesterday ...so u still gat some time to wait. .cause ds people r just not serious.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
emma4eva:
From Obalende park, take a bus or maruwa going to Alagbon.
If You driving ask anyone when you get to Ikoyi to direct you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
Phunmmiee:

From Obalende park, take a bus or maruwa going to Alagbon.
If You driving ask anyone when you get to Ikoyi to direct you.
tanx, how much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
cayordey007:
Please did u get a notification to check your account or you just decided to check?

Got a notification via my mail box...didnt even get a message in my cic acct..just noticed d change .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ngezee(m): 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
for those whose cash is handy or any other means and want to sort out accommodation, this link will help out
https://www.places4students.com/index.aspx

for those about to jet out, its better this way to avoid over payment:
get to travelstart website: https://www.travelstart.com.ng/?affId=google&iframeVersion=&host=&show_banners=true&landing_page=false&isiframe=false&
choose your departure and arrival (flying out from Abuja is cheaper than from Lagos from what i have observed) ..... its preferable to select one way ticketing to cut down cost if you are considering cost.
under preferred cabin, select economy and then select re-bookable flight. the re-bookable option is to enable you get a better date at a lower price and be able to change the date at no cost when you finally know when you want to travel. this is advisable for those who are expecting their TRV ant time soon and do not know the time for sure. book in advance and then you can shift the date at no cost. you will get a price between 350 to 500k.
preferable airline is Turkish air or Egypt air. reason is that, these airlines do not pass through places like USA or UK where you will need a visa to traverse.

all the best people !

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
yemdogg:

Not yet o.

No update yet o.

It is well o.

You mean your account was not updated till now.
Yes o. Just yesterday ....at least..there is hope that they have dusted out the file from where they dumped it .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
emma4eva:

From obalende, ask around for how to link alagbon. It's about 5mims or less from there.

Cost: may vary depending on whom you approach and bargaining power. I did mine for 7k, I know people that have done for 10k, 12k.

With the NPF it's difficult to get a straight forward official channel.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
yemdogg:

Not yet o.

No update yet o.

It is well o.

You mean your account was not up.dated till now.
so they finally rejected me ..after 16 weeks ...ok oh!it is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
yemdogg:

Not yet o.

No update yet o.

It is well o.

You mean your account was not updated till now.
pls send me ur number via my mail box.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
Your posts are extremely vague thus making it impossible to answer you.
When you ask questions in a public forum, I would recommend that you provide enough context and clarity so that it won't be automatically ignored. You are welcome to ask your question(s) again with sufficient context.
Obizee:
Hi guys, nice job ppl God will make a way for everyone been following for quite a while now and it's been really helpful. Please guys l need your advice l recently got chosen among ppl to submit application to Mohawk and canadore college for a scholarship apprenticeship program scheduled in January, please I need guidance on what to submit alongside the application and how to make the application, especially the scholarship motivation letter stronger to beat other competitors. So I can be accepted for the program. URGENTLY please... Thanks in advance ...more blessings
Obizee:
@ thesoj,@ yemdogg
Please I still want to know if doing the medicals alongside the scholarship apprenticeship application letter would boost once chances or not thanks alot....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by burrytee(m): 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
Sorry guys previous program written on gcms was any designated institution against the field of study.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
You can search the thread for someone at Brandon and then PM him/her.
Bleuocean:
Please my Brother is going to Brandon Manitoba next week on the 29th for studies.. pls can any body receive him in Toronto and in Brandon. pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Obizee: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
[quote author=thesoj post=48797436]Your posts are extremely vague thus making it impossible to answer you.
When you ask questions in a public forum, I would recommend that you provide enough context and clarity so that it won't be automatically ignored. You are welcome to ask your question(s) again with sufficient context.
@ thesoj Please I am sorry if the context isnt enough and clarity wasnt seen . I was recently invited for a scholarship apprenticeship application by 2 schools mohawk and canadore college but i dont know how to go about the motivation letter, and if adding additonal document along document like a police report would help boost my chances ahead of others in getting one of the slots. would really appreciate your help.
1. on how to go about the motivational letter
2. documents needed to follow up
3. your advice, email or if i could pm you THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
uvagho:
so they finally rejected me ..after 16 weeks ...ok oh!it is well.

Am so sorry. Wow after 16weeks ......CIC no try at all. I have sent you my contact via your mail box.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by t405: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
yemdogg:

No problem just pm when you need my assistance.

please i have tried reaching you.sent a private message.did you get a mail alert. My LOI is ready now.I would be most glad if you could review. Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
2. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed, APPROVED 22nd July. Congrats
3. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
4. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed. Approved 22nd July. Congrats
5. Ajibade105: April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
6. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

7. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
8. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
9. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
10. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
11. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
12. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
13. Team16: May 26, University of New Brunswick, PhD, Paper route,Medical Passed Approved August 2nd Congrats
14. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
15. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
16. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University, Medical Request
17. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
18. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College, Medical Passed
19. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University, Medical Passed, APPROVED Aug. 19th. Congrats
20. Akol07: June 16th, Concordia Uni, Montreal paper route,Meng,Medical passed. Approved Aug. 19th. Congrats
21. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
22. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
23. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR SCHOOLS THAT OFFERS MBA WITHOUT GMAT CHECK VANCOUVER ISLAND UNIVERSITY.

NO GMAT ENTRANCE EXAM REQUIRED.

BELOW ARE THE REQUIREMENTS;

University Bachelor degree from a business or non-business discipline.

A minimum “B” average in last two years of undergraduate degree.

Letter of introduction explaining how the MBA will contribute to career plans.

A resume describing education, work and volunteer experience.

Two letters of recommendation from past employers or professors.

One year minimum of work experience is required.

No GMAT (entrance examination) score required.

Meet one of the following VIU English language requirements:

Completion of VIU's English Language Centre University Preparation Program.

A minimum TOEFL iBT 88 with no sections under 20, or IELTS 6.5 with no band under 6.0, CAEL 70, or equivalents.

Additional Admission Requirement for International students:

Certified copy of all educational documents (enclose one copy in the original language and a certified copy translated into English, if applicable).

Note: Applicants without a Bachelor degree, but with significant work experience, may apply with a GMAT score. These applicants will be considered on an individual basis.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
t405:

please i have tried reaching you.sent a private message.did you get a mail alert. My LOI is ready now.I would be most glad if you could review. Many thanks.

I GOT YOUR PM.

AND I HAVE REPLIED YOU.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
Idile:
@yemdogg, thank you for your responses to my emails on Monday. You are yet to reply me on our last convo.

2. In case you know any school that requires no goat or Gre please can you let us know as I want to change my application from PGD to masters due to all the refusals Pple have been testifying to this days.

3. Can one apply for Express entry and at the same time apply for student visa? What do you advice.
Thanks.

Sorry i must have misdirected you @Idile

What program are you going for ? MBA or MSc in Finance? if that it's the case, there are only few institutions that doesn't require GMAT or GRE. Check Vancouver Island University. If you are going for Masters in other area, you may not need to write GMAT or GRE.

Yes CIC allows you to have dual intent. And it doesn't affect you in anyway. Buh for your study permit application you'd have to establish home tie to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
zeongeon:
Let me answer your question since you don't know.

Firstly, canada isn't like the UK that has a masters degree programme for virtually all courses. Some courses in Canada can't be found at Masters level rather you find them at diploma, certificates, Bsc, PGD or PGC levels.

Secondly, its not every Bsc holder that graduates out of school with a second class upper as we know that most schools in canada take mostly second class upper grades for Masters level.

Thirdly, all fingers are not equal some people are within a budget and can afford the PGC or PGD fees but can't afford the masters.

Fourthly, some people need PGD or PGC to advance into a Masters programme. A PGD or PGC for some people is what they need to start there career or set themselves on a right track and its worth every million they spend.

Fifth, PGD, PGC, Diploma for some courses provides the necessary hands on experience for one to excel in the competitive labour market. I have heard stories from friends who are working in canada and they said they where picked by employers cause of the technical and practical experience the employers believed they must have picked up while studying in institutions like NAIT and SAIT.

Everyone has various reasons for going for masters or Pgc, pgd, diploma or certificate courses and some times such reasons transcends their Bsc, work experience and amount of money they will spend.

My question was rhetorical but your answers above shows why many are still getting refused because they failed to see the issue here.

Applying for TRV with a course that shows no progression is basically risking your money and time.

The natural progression for degree holders and sometimes work experience is Msc then Phd or another degree in another filed completely.

When you have a degree with work experience, married and probably approaching 30s and you are going for certificate course then you are a potential immigrant and not a genuine student.

You choose a course and at a level that gives you the best chance of getting TRV

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
[quote author=Obizee post=48798949][/quote]
did you inform the school that you are non-resident? apprenticeship programs(not pre-apprenticeship) needs an employer to indeture you and are solely for permanent residents and citizens since apprenticing is actually a full time job.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Tarry:

That's the reason why many PGC/PGD get refused, to the vo it does not line up. You need to really convince them before you can get a TRV

Applying for PGC/PGD with WAEC or GCE and at early 20s will make sense but planning to spend millions a year to do certificate course is like an asylum application

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
studied physics
and going for advanced diploma in instrumentation and control engineering technology

At what level?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Obizee:
@ thesoj Please I am sorry if the context isnt enough and clarity wasnt seen . I was recently invited for a scholarship apprenticeship application by 2 schools mohawk and canadore college but i dont know how to go about the motivation letter, and if adding additonal document along document like a police report would help boost my chances ahead of others in getting one of the slots. would really appreciate your help.
1. on how to go about the motivational letter
2. documents needed to follow up
3. your advice, email or if i could pm you THANKS
I'm gonna try to answer you even though your question is still highly confusing and ambiguous. Is your question related to school admission application or TRV application? A police report and medicals are completely irrelevant to your admission or scholarship application so I don't understand why you are bringing them up here (assuming your question is not TRV related, which is my guess). You need to read up on your university/college admission requirements. Also, I suggest you make acquaintance with Google.

Your question on how to go about the motivational letter is extremely open-ended. You need to learn to do your own research without expecting someone else to tell you everything that you need to do. I am not trying to harsh, but your repeatedly vague questions show that you need to start doing research for yourself so you can ask more precise and informed questions. Anyways, I have no clue what a "scholarship apprenticeship" application is so you maybe if you want help you should give a brief description of what it is. In any case, go to this UC Berkeley link to read up on what a statement of purpose should address, and then modify the advice to fit your intended program and its context.

I have no clue about what documents you need to submit. Don't Mohawk College and Canadore College have websites that enumerate what documents you need to submit??

I'm very sorry that I can't accept your PM request. You can easily find answers to the questions you ask from your school website. You will get better with using Google if you start using it to do your own research. After finding some of the useful information that you might need, then I (or any of the other gurus on the thread) would be very glad to help you with more specific questions. Best.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.