Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa (23458 Views)

Embassy Of Ecuador Denies Visa Free Agreement With Nigeria / Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by FreemanDave(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aware are we....
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by bedspread: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lol!!! Una de Fear
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by steppin: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Visa indeed! Wetin we wan do with Gaynians?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by jeffooh999(m): 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Is Nigeria a country!Ghana and Cameron's should apply it with immediate effect!
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by phibetakappa: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
steppin:
Don't be silly OK!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by sonature1: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
A one-time Foreign Minister in Ghana once admitted that 60% of foreign investments in Ghana are owned by Nigerians. Well, if Ghanaian govt enacts obnoxious travel policy against Nigerians, they will just pull their investments out of Ghana...and they (Ghana) know the implication of that - joblessness amongst their people , low govt earnings, reduced citizens' incomes, increased crime rate, the list is just endless.

Ghana, don't bite the finger that feeds you...lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by olagamalin(m): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
Lol....the fact we are even talking about this shows "9ja Don dey cast"

1 Like

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
Where is that st.upid desmond from yesterday
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
Blogger always looking for dubious ways to Boost Revenue and draw Traffic grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by micgray100(m): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
Better said... To avert another Ghana must go problem in either both sides...
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by ceejay80s(m): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
seunmsg:

Lalasticlala still doesn't want to put this thread on front page for reasons I don't understand. Nairaland should be used to inform people properly and not the other way round.
Change the headline to tonto dike with ghana bread, peter and paul okoye fight in ghana or ghana snake caught and u go see for front page like flash
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Ironi: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
nseke:
I wish this piece of news is correct cos ghana asking for visa from nigerians would amount to insult but may have helped reset our foreign policy of senior brother play to other africans

It will happen soon because Ghana doesn't need Nigerians with their uncontrollable population flooding into Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Bollinger(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Audreah:
before nko, whats ghana

I don't think you understand what you are saying. Compared to Nigeria, Ghana is well organized and the people do business in a logical manner.
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Ironi: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
sonature1:

A one-time Foreign Affairs Minister in Ghana once admitted that 60% of foreign investments in Ghana are owned by Nigerians. Well, if Ghanaian govt exacts obnoxious travel policy against Nigerians, they will just pull their investments out of Ghana...and they (Ghana) know the implication of that - joblessness amongst their people , low govt earnings, reduced citizens' incomes, increased crime rate, the list is just endless.

Keep dreaming to feel good.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by sonature1: 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ironi:

Keep dreaming to feel good.

People like you are soooo annoying. You think I come online to spew trash? You made me dig out the news. Read it here:
mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=175510
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ghana won't dare do such a thing now..

It remain small that wey we go buy ghanna for black market.. grin after all na we dey feed em
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by xreal: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
What's the difference?

na all these dokunu and kpofkpof hawkers for area go suffer am, I dey watch ghana in 3D.

no be dem fault, afterall no long queues at their gas stations, no power failure aswell.

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by 2n2k(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
sonature1:

A one-time Foreign Affairs Minister in Ghana once admitted that 60% of foreign investments in Ghana are owned by Nigerians. Well, if Ghanaian govt exacts obnoxious travel policy against Nigerians, they will just pull their investments out of Ghana...and they (Ghana) know the implication of that - joblessness amongst their people , low govt earnings, reduced citizens' incomes, increased crime rate, the list is just endless.

Story for the gods. Nigerians, like any other West-Africans are exempted from visa requirements in any ecowas countries. It is reciprocal. Nothing to beat chest about
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by IYANGBALI: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
Una for dey ask for visa now. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by HomeOfMe(f): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
seunmsg:
Earlier today, a piece of information made the rounds claiming that from July of this year, Nigerians would need a Visa to get into Ghana.

The Current Minister for Foreign Affairs in Ghana, Hanna Tetteh has come out to debunk the story. Earlier quotes attributed to the Ghanaian President made the rounds. It was alleged that he said:

With effect from July this year, we will be allowing citizens of AU Member States to enter our country and obtain visas on arrival with the option to stay for up to thirty days and experience what our country has to offer,” 

“This measure, with time, should stimulate air travel, trade, investment and tourism.”

Mrs. Tetteh on her Twitter account has said this is a misinterpretation and that Nigerians won’t need visas in line with ECOWAS’ provision.

http://www.theheraldng.com/ghana-denies-nigerians-need-visitors-visa/?utm_source=nnd&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nnd
Before nko! See this people o. Is it not a fellow ecowas country?
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Ironi: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
sonature1:

People like you are soooo annoying. You think I come online to spew trash? You made me dig out the news. Read it here:
mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=175510

The fact that some Nigerians have investment in a country does not mean all Nigerians can troop into the country. If the influx of Nigerians to a small country like Ghana becomes a nuisance, Ghana will easily send you packing Ghana must go style.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by experimentist: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Wetin be Ghana? A kind of bicycle or what?
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by Excellentmind: 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
As for me, there is no misinterpretation, as Nigeria is a member of AU like any other African country. The statement credited to the Ghanaian president refers to AU members and doesn't exclude Nigeria in any form. Therefore claiming misinterpretation rather than misstatement is simply an attempt to cover up and refusal to accept the ambiguity that characterized the statement.
Although, such gesture will not fly with Nigeria as it will create more problems for Ghanaian economy than it tends to solve.
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by K4: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
nseke:
I wish this piece of news is correct cos ghana asking for visa from nigerians would amount to insult but may have helped reset our foreign policy of senior brother play to other africans
nonsense! How will Ghana asking for visas from nigerians amount to insult? I wonder what is inside some of you people's heads! Arrant cramp! I guess in your tiny brain, nigerians asking Ghanaians to obtain a visa before travelling to your country won't amount to an insult, abi? Such stvpidity!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by macaranta(m): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
Of course they've evaluated the consequences of such proposition
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by K4: 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
mekaboy:
I know Ghana can't say that. They have respect for their elders.
Yes oh, we all know between Ghana and nigeria who is the elder,huh? When did your country get independence? Your leaders including Azikiwe were tutored about politics in Ghana. The first generation if your military officers were all trained in Ghana. Even when civil war broke in your country in the 1960s, didn't your big brother call you to peace talks? Hahaha even today, Big Brother Ghana is catering for thousands of your God forsaken students desperate for good education!

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by K4: 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
steppin:
absolutely trash. What will we Ghanaians be doing with Shitnigeria? MUMUDOM Republic! Suffering and Smiling Sh1thole? grin even a child born today knows your country is a dustbin modafaka armpit sh1thole grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by ahms12(m): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
if i want to even try out...nah ghana i go go...nonsense
Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by K4: 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
sonature1:
A one-time Foreign Minister in Ghana once admitted that 60% of foreign investments in Ghana are owned by Nigerians. Well, if Ghanaian govt enacts obnoxious travel policy against Nigerians, they will just pull their investments out of Ghana...and they (Ghana) know the implication of that - joblessness amongst their people , low govt earnings, reduced citizens' incomes, increased crime rate, the list is just endless.

I dont know shish former Ghanaian minister you are talking about, but can you provide figures so we can debate the so-called nigerian investment in Ghana? How much, in dollar terms, have nigerians invested in Ghana? 1,2,3 billion dollars? And which sectors are these investment.
For example, how will the closure of nigerian banks lead yo the collapse of the Ghanaian economy?

The critical sectors of the Ghanaian sectors are mining, cocoa, tourism, oil and gas. How many nigerian companies operate in this sectors? The oil industry alone has attracted over $20 billion dollars from foreign investors in the past 5 years. How much of that money came from nigerians?

There are nigerian banks ( whose deposits are from Ghanaian customers), one telecommunications company and perhaps a cement company. How will the withdrawal of these businesses lead to the collapse of Ghana's economy?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by K4: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
ahms12:
if i want to even try out...nah ghana i go go...nonsense
rubbish, we dont even need shitty shitnigerian modafaka like you. There are millions of your fellow ediots and criminals here. Our prisons are full because of shitnigerians! Fuckeduppedness grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa by OXYGEN011: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ask the over 5million of ur fellow mumus living there
Audreah:
before nko, whats ghana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To Deliver N100bn New Int’l Airport Terminals In April 2016 / Pictures Of Newly Rehabilitated Emelogu Road In Aba / FG Begins Maintenance Of All Bridges In Lagos, Drains Evacuation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.