Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida (29630 Views)

Ahmad Salkida, Journalist Wanted By Army, Who Knows Boko Haram Inside Out / Ahmad Salkida Replies Army:'I'll Be In Nigeria If Army Provide My Flight Ticket' / Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by LordVarys: 3:10am On Apr 02, 2016
Ahmad Salkida, the journalist through whom Boko Haram used to pass information is tweeting about the capture of Khalid Barnawi, one of BH's top leaders and Nigeria's most wanted man after Shekau last night in Lokoja by the DSS.
If confirmed this is the biggest breakthrough yet in Nigeria's fight against terrorism.
NB Khalid Barnawi along with Shekau and Mamman Nur had a bounty placed on their head by the US State Dept in 2014.
Ahmad Salkida is normally a reputable source.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/ContactSalkida/status/716081987958796288

3 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Standing5(m): 3:15am On Apr 02, 2016
This news is sweet like Jolof Rice . . . So sweet I got to freeze some and regurgitate for the pleasure of 'change' movement.
One-by-one Buhari will get them down and 'slowly' reposition the economy.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by LordVarys: 3:17am On Apr 02, 2016
No official confirmation yet though .
If true, seems DSS can function beyond chasing Buhari's enemies and invading govt houses....might be Bubu's only achievement this whole year...while he's been totally abysmal in most areas, he's to a large extent effectively tackled Boko Haram, although terror still persists and Fulani herdsmen are still on rampage.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Pidggin(f): 3:35am On Apr 02, 2016
If this is true then this is good news. I just hope this is not an already written script being played out grin

Kudos all the same.

7 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by jmichlins(m): 4:15am On Apr 02, 2016
Some may say whatever they like but my president is working and winning this war. We will soon arrest our economic terrorists starting from pipeline vandals to forex shortchangers then even the wailers will wail no more

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by whirlwind7(m): 4:32am On Apr 02, 2016
Keeping my fingers crossed until there is an official confirmation to this.
Fact is, even "official confirmations" in Naija is taken with a pinch of salt nowadays. The present government and its acolytes are often contradicting itself.

You'll need to wait for a few more days or even a week, to confirm that an official confirmation has been made official cheesy
Oh boy. See words!

6 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by edoyad(m): 4:37am On Apr 02, 2016

Khalid al-Barnawi
Up to $5 Million Reward
Khalid al-Barnawi, also known as Mohammed Usman, was reportedly a high-ranking member of Boko Haram. He has been reported to be a leader of Jama’atu Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis-Sudan, a Nigeria-based terrorist group more commonly known as Ansaru. The Department of State designated Khalid al-Barnawi a Specially Designated Global Terrorist under section 1(b) of Executive Order 13224 on June 21, 2012.

Ansaru emerged as a faction of Boko Haram and announced its formation in early 2012. The group seeks to establish an Islamic caliphate in Nigeria. Ansaru has close ties to al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) and has sought to target Westerners, including Americans. The U.S. government designated Ansaru a Foreign Terrorist Organization on 13 November, 2013.

Barnawi and Ansaru have committed multiple acts of terrorism against civilians and Nigerian government officials. Barnawi reportedly helped plan the May 2011 kidnapping from Kebbi State of a British and an Italian engineer, who remained hostages until they were killed in March 2012. On November 26, 2012, Ansaru members raided a police station in Abuja, klling Nigerian police officers and freeing detained terrorists from prison. Ansaru also claimed responsibility for the December 19, 2012 kidnapping of a French engineer in northwestern Nigeria, and the February 16, 2013 kidnapping and subsequent execution of seven construction workers from Britain, Greece, Lebanon, and Italy.
https://www.rewardsforjustice.net/english/khalid_al_barnawi.html

If this is true, I might never criticize the Nigerian government ever again. If any of you know the kind of silent terror these Ansaru guys caused in this country you'll understand. I remember the Italian and British construction workers they kidnapped in kebbi and moved them to sokoto. After the army tried to rescue them together with British commandoes, the Ansaru guys blew their hostages brains out before suicidally attacking the soldiers.

8 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by tafabaloo(m): 4:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Ok now

Weldone guys!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Hector723(m): 4:48am On Apr 02, 2016
If this story it true then kudos to the DSS on their "first major breakthrough".

2 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Elnino4ladies: 5:14am On Apr 02, 2016
Hmmmm...nice one
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 02, 2016
I guess he's being prepped to be covertly transported out of the country"if not already" for a high profile interrogation.lipsrsealed

How I wish I could be left alone in a prep room with that modafoka. I will feed him his own ballsangry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by amagunnerfan: 5:23am On Apr 02, 2016
Good news. But I won't be surprised if some people ( we all know where they are mostly from, sadly ) claim it is easy for DSS/Buhari to arrest this people because they are behind Boko haram.

They reasons are often illogical and nothing surprises me about them any more.

Kudos to the government if true. Buhari may have not done well economically but he has been superb in his handling of Boko haram and corruption. Unlike Gej who failed economically and still failed on the issue of Boko Haram and was corruption himself.

23 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by amagunnerfan: 5:26am On Apr 02, 2016
LordVarys:
If true, seems DSS can function beyond chasing Buhari's enemies and invading govt houses....might be Bubu's only achievement this whole year...while he's been totally abysmal in most areas, he's to a large extent effectively tackled Boko Haram, although terror still persists and Fulani herdsmen are still on rampage.
All those stories about chasing the enemy is the figment of the imagination of PDP and their loyalist.

Why will Buhari chase anyone from PDP if they have done nothing wrong. Is PDP even an enemy? He is not chasing Kowa members who are the real threat na dead PDP and her members he will be chasing?

17 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by drsteroid(m): 6:06am On Apr 02, 2016
I pray the rumour is true.This will be a big blow to BH..This al barnawi must have a 1st hand information about BH activities,chibok girls abduction,whereabout of Shekau(if dead or alive).With all the concrete informations that wil be gotten 4rm him,BH my not last up to September 2016..waiting for Nigerian Security officials to clear the air on this arrest

1 Like

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Demallcrazy(m): 6:06am On Apr 02, 2016
Pidggin:
If this is true then this is good news. I just hope this is not an already written script being played out grin
Kudos all the same.
LordVarys:
smh!
fellow nairalanders pls take note. if u're lookin 4 d proper definition of hypocrites, diz ppl i quoted perfectly fits it.
angry

9 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by stinggy(m): 6:18am On Apr 02, 2016
Best news so far in this war. Waiting for DSS official confirmation. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by vedaxcool(m): 6:26am On Apr 02, 2016
grin I hope it is confirmed. It will be a huge blow to thise evil animals.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 02, 2016
jmichlins:
Some may say whatever they like but my president is working and winning this war. We will soon arrest our economic terrorists starting from pipeline vandals to forex shortchangers then even the wailers will wail no more

which war?

the one he is creating ?

3 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by idu1(m): 6:34am On Apr 02, 2016
Very good... .
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by frankyychiji(f): 6:36am On Apr 02, 2016
amagunnerfan:
All those stories about chasing the enemy is the figment of the imagination of PDP and their loyalist.

Why will Buhari chase anyone from PDP if they have done nothing wrong. Is PDP even an enemy? He is not chasing Kowa members who are the real threat na dead PDP and her members he will be chase?
Try as you may, we don't know KoWA, we don't want to know KOWA, we don't care about KOWA! KOWA never exists, its a non-entity and its more useless than APC.

1 Like

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by omenka(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Awaiting official confirmation.
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by pacino26(m): 7:03am On Apr 02, 2016
omenka:
Awaiting official confirmation.

Seconded.
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by kossyablaze(m): 7:04am On Apr 02, 2016
I don't believe everything I read online lately

1 Like

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:14am On Apr 02, 2016
Islamic Names Eehh.
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by kamair237(m): 7:23am On Apr 02, 2016
In Jesus name BoKo Haram will Be history by December.....

2 Likes

Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Olusharp(m): 7:28am On Apr 02, 2016
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by Generalkorex(m): 7:29am On Apr 02, 2016
Ok
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by 9airaland(f): 7:29am On Apr 02, 2016

I see Boko Haram boys in sight, already clearing a field and placing a dslr camera in front of the so called captured man. I also see them denying this.
I hope we all remember the "weve killed shekau saga"
Im waiting while sipping my Hollandia yougurt.
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by berlusconib2: 7:29am On Apr 02, 2016
Good one
Re: DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida by HAH: 7:29am On Apr 02, 2016
The elusive Khalid el Barnawi has been captured, the guy is the liknk between ISIS and BH

Am waiting to hear his real name. And pictures, do you know that despite being wanted no one has his pictures as for the name Khalid is a nickname and Barnawi is anyone from Borno

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram ‘Returning To Dapchi With Leah Sharibu’ - The Cable / More Photos From Charles Soludo's Swearing-In Ceremony / APC Governors Meet Buhari, Reject Consensus, Seek Indirect Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.